beta test WoD

(Locked)

90 Blood Elf Paladin
does anyone has a clue when the beta test will start?
90 Night Elf Hunter
Probably get told this in early 2014. They're not even finished developing everything in readiness for any consistent alpha testing. They got a very small package of material to try out at Blizzcon, but I think that it's more a "fly up, look around here, punt some orcs, next gamer plz" kinda thing.

I actually would want them to wait until the summer before beta testing it, then do the beta in waves as with cataclysm and make sure we get zoned into small areas instead of having access to the whole zone - i.e. stress test alliance and horde cities first, then again with the attack we need dispel, and then slowly go outwards. Allow each starting zone to be stress tested for like a month, then add one extra zone, put us all in there with the start zones closed for maintenance etc., and stress test alliance and hordes competing for quest objectives and resources. And I'd say that the pvp island should be beta tested for like 6 months at least.

I'd prefer if the expansion came out January 2015, so if we did start to beta test in January 2014, we've done it at least for a year.
Based on my experience with Closed Betas of the previous expansions (and on announcements by Blizzard on the Internet), I expect WoD Closed Beta to be online somewhere between March and May 2014. The Launch of the live version I expect somewhere in October 2014.
90 Human Paladin
I believe that the Beta will open around April and May and the release of the expansion would be 23rd November 2014 which is exactly 10 years after the release of the original World of Warcraft.
90 Undead Warlock
I believe that the Beta will open around April and May and the release of the expansion would be 23rd November 2014 which is exactly 10 years after the release of the original World of Warcraft.

So you believe that we won't see any new content for a whole year? That feel's like a bit of a stretch tbh.
Edited by Zepak on 10/11/2013 15:39 GMT
90 Night Elf Hunter
'Friends and Family' alpha test clients usually come first, with a beta following in the weeks after.
90 Troll Druid
Well considering they said they want to get the game out before spring/summer I imagine beta will begin sometime in the next 2 to 3 months.

If we assume April - june to be a launch date that gives us about 6 months, give or take, to get the expansion tested and released.
90 Undead Warlock
The first day I hear the xp will be released in about a year, will be the day ill unsubscripe until the xp comes out.
Im not going through this again. 4.5 was the worst time I had in this game
90 Blood Elf Mage
Seriously though. We can't wait for so long to get some new content.
90 Orc Warrior
alpha first then beta :) i guess alpha will be in 2 weeks maybe
90 Human Paladin
@Zepak

Well, as of the Mop Beta and Expansion release it was almost the same thing. they announced MoP in November 2011 and the beta opened in March 2012 and was released in September.

The new expansion looks like they are going to put alot more work into since it is more lore based from the warcraft franchise. because of that i believe the beta will be delayed a month or two more than with mop and the release date of the expansion iteself aswell.

And about what you said about not seing more content before a year from now, i think they will continiously update the battle.net info so we as players are up to date on what is going on. Though we do get alot of content aswell when the beta test begins :)

That Is just what i think myself, anything else could be right awell. I'm not here to argue with someone :)
Edited by Ahnzhael on 10/11/2013 17:38 GMT
90 Human Paladin
So you believe that we won't see any new content for a whole year? That feel's like a bit of a stretch tbh.
Well, DS was out for 1 year , and atleast now in Mop, We have Timeless Isles so that you can gear up Alts..which you couldn´t do in the DS Patch..
90 Night Elf Druid
Alpha in a few weeks and closed beta at beginning of next year with the release sometime at Easter. With MoP, what was it? 10 months of DS only? Blizzard said they wouldn't do that again so it has to be released before summer....
10/11/2013 16:13Posted by Kyà
Well considering they said they want to get the game out before spring/summer I imagine beta will begin sometime in the next 2 to 3 months.

Source? If an expansion is announced there are lot of rumours and I have a hard to tell whether a rumour is a wrong assumption or true.

If there isn't a source, I assume the Closed Beta to start in April or May 2014, patch 6.0 to start somewhere in September 2014 and the launch of the game in October or November 2014, like I said in the message above.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
10/11/2013 18:10Posted by Eylwain
Well, DS was out for 1 year , and atleast now in Mop, We have Timeless Isles so that you can gear up Alts..which you couldn´t do in the DS Patch..

No you could just run HoT heroics instead and the gear gap was much less far apart.
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
The beta will start in early January and WoD will be released April/May.

Because they said they would like to release it before next summer.
Edited by Vaela on 10/11/2013 19:48 GMT
90 Human Death Knight

They said they want to release it before summer 2014, but they cant predict it precisely.
90 Pandaren Monk
If they released the beta in 2014 and take a year with the beta ppl will get bored with MoP and stop paying their subscriptions so it wouldn't work if they took a year. I think it would be a bad idea
90 Human Death Knight
Source? If an expansion is announced there are lot of rumours and I have a hard to tell whether a rumour is a wrong assumption or true.

Quoted from Blizzcon

Q: "Typically that would be in the Winter of next year. Does that mean it is a goal to bring it in to Summer or Spring?"
A: "Well certainly the goal is before that, but we'll see, it is very hard for us to predict."

Before summer/spring is the goal and I'll doubt when they have no people working on any content patch it will prob not be delayed half a year or more
Edited by Zauru on 21/11/2013 15:39 GMT
Well... I am curious what will happen actually. I keep a close eye to MMO-Champion, Wowpedia and either eu.battle.net or us.battle.net. The most reliable sources.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]