The "forgotten one" in Northrend

90 Orc Shaman
the Forgotten one that Arthas met in Northrend, what was it?

it was not a faceless, as faceless already had an in game model, and it didnt look like a faceless at all.

it looked like C'Thun, how ever i doubt it was an actual old god.

it couldnt have been Yogg'saron could it?

any suggestions?

my own suggestion is, that its a minion of the old gods like the faceless, just a variant we havent seen. and the fact we didnt see this variant in Northrend, saddens me somewhat.

edit: it should probably be a minion of Yogg'saron since.. well that made most sense at least to me.

link:
http://wowpedia.org/Forgotten_one
Edited by Peonmaster on 26/11/2013 21:26 GMT
Reply Quote
40 Pandaren Monk
Maybe the Forgotten one is a minion like Iso'rath who you meet in Twilight Highlands.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Merely a weak manifestation of Yogg-Saron the true god of death.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Probably a lieutentant of sorts. not one of the old gods themselves though
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage

You're quite right that it was nowhere near a fully emerged old god but it was a part of Yogg-Saron that had emerged from the ground. And before you say it, yes he is at the size of Northrend probably so that was just a small and weak part of him.
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight

29/11/2013 17:28Posted by Krásús

You're quite right that it was nowhere near a fully emerged old god but it was a part of Yogg-Saron that had emerged from the ground. And before you say it, yes he is at the size of Northrend probably so that was just a small and weak part of him.

No I don't think the Old Gods "existed" in WoW lore pre-WoW. Think that the Old Gods were just an idea they played around with a bit and got serious about them in WoW.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Well, it has the same looking tentacles as those tentacle-mouth-old-god creatures we saw in Dragon Soul and twilight highlands. Say, for example maw of madness. It's probably a small one of those.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
30/11/2013 17:53Posted by Lazorcat

29/11/2013 17:28Posted by Krásús

No I don't think the Old Gods "existed" in WoW lore pre-WoW. Think that the Old Gods were just an idea they played around with a bit and got serious about them in WoW.

mmm actually the faceless ones were a part of warcraft 3, now i cant remember if it was said at the time that they were minions of the old gods (which i believe, as you said, came with WoW) but i do think it was mentioned somewhere, that they were minions of some ancient darker force. so i think the entire old god thing was not made in details back then, but they did have the basics of it, since faceless ones were in the game.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]