Do our posts really matter?

20 Gnome Warrior
So 100s of people are making posts about how they would like the game to be. What changes they would like. And lots of those people have made good suggestions.

My question is ... Does it make a difference?

Do the employees of Blizzard entertainment really listen to the people who decide to post on these forums and do they implement changes based on these suggestions that would make the game better? Or do they only give in to people who claim the game it too hard?
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
Devs don't read the forum. Period.

Maybe on some occasions when a post gets high rated some CM will pass it along to the devs, but otherwise no
Reply Quote
44 Blood Elf Rogue
I think threads that get a lot of replies may get passed up the chain but I don't buy that blues read every single thread and pass every single idea on.
So I would say that they do matter, but only in big numbers if that makes sense.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I've only ever seen them (blue posters) ask for feedback about the Garrisons.

On the whole it's just us debating amongst ourselves.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Simple answer, no. Even if you came up with a great idea and it got implemented you'd never get a shred of credit from them. Just look at the addons over the years that have been integrated into the UI. Sure, you can take gratification in knowing that your idea/addon made it into a version of the game but, your contribution would never be officially acknowledged.
Edited by Rélikk on 01/12/2013 22:21 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Death Knight
Incoming Blue with a response about how important we are to them.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
If they listened to everyone then the game would be an unrecognisable mess.

As it stands, they'll do their own thing and adjust it accordingly based on player reactions. Of course our posts matter, but expecting them all to get taken in and analysed is silly. The forums are a vocal minority. A tiny minority. And even then it can't agree with each other.
Reply Quote
20 Gnome Warrior
01/12/2013 22:45Posted by Máz
Of course our posts matter, but expecting them all to get taken in and analysed is silly.

Well thought out and intellingent response but why wouldnt a worthwhile post get taken in and analysed?
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Rogue
Why are we here then?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock

unfortunately it does
Reply Quote
20 Gnome Warrior
Why are we here then?

Profound question.
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Only the opinions of influential people matter. How influential are you OP? What was that? Sorry I wasn't listening.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
Why are we here then?

Because we want to waste our lives fighting and crying over nerfs and buffs, different zones and dungeons being too hard.

Or just derail useless threads with useless posts. Take your pick.

Not really, no. Blizzard is succesful. Why would they listen to the nay-sayers when there are many more yay-sayers? Some things may be taken into consideration. But these forums are just here for us to vent, recieve half-hearted "we'll see"-responses and then happily move on.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Devs don't read the forum. Period.

Maybe on some occasions when a post gets high rated some CM will pass it along to the devs, but otherwise no

Cataclysm was a huge proof that they actually do. They implemented aaaaallllll the bad ideas :D
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
01/12/2013 22:50Posted by Donaldthump
Of course our posts matter, but expecting them all to get taken in and analysed is silly.

Well thought out and intellingent response but why wouldnt a worthwhile post get taken in and analysed?

because there are thousands of posts being made everyday.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
There's so few users here that any type of feedback is virtually meaningless because the sample size is way too small to draw any kind of conclusion.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Suggestions are made ingame and in there for a reason, to keep them short. No one wants to read a 10,000 word post/diatribe with the idea of "even out all PvP damage" and no ideas how to.
Reply Quote
90 Human Rogue
Does this topic really matter?

If you go to the "Customer Support" option in-game, there is a "Submit Suggestion" - Don't expect a response though or "Community Support" though.
Reply Quote
4 Orc Hunter
Incoming Blue with a response about how important we are to them.

haha was about to say that dammit
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Hunter
Actually I had various pieces of proof presented in game that ideas and suggestions given by other players and myself are being looked at it. Take the farm and now garrison as example.

Months before we got told about garrisons I posted on these forums a reply in response to yet another "we need guild housing" type of posts, and as I had just been busy on my farm in game I had the bright spark to argue that if we had any guild housing it should be visible in the real world in the game, be in various places, consist of vendors, smithy, inn, townhouse, etc.

I have seen other people make similar suggestions to mine too btw.

Then they announced garrisons at Blizzcon and the FIRST thing I thought was "Hell YES, all the people who were suggesting in game housing got their wish" - that being every person posting about player housing, guild housing and me with my guild town idea.

This to me PROVES that our posts matter, especially when we see a "gap" in the game that could be filled in a constructive way. I am what you can call a "habitual suggestion submitter", sometimes doing 3-4 or more suggestion submission per hour to Blizzard in game. The last one was about introducing a scenario idea for Zangarmarsh that both leveling and level 90+ players can do (leveling players do it at normal mode and 90+ players can do a normal and heroic mode of it). It involved Prophet Velen and him being there before going to grab the Exodar to crash land it on Azeroth...

If our posts and suggestions don't matter then I wasted my time with giving an idea that in my opinion fits in with both WoD and the world we found in TBC. But if our posts and suggestions do matter, that idea as well as probably the few thousand others they get every day will be looked at for feasibility at the least.

I think the following is what you need to remember when you post something:

1) Does it fit in with the ethos of this game. An example would be to suggest big phaser cannons for us to use as weapons when nothing in the current technological setup of any race offers any indication that they could be build. We're very much at the level of mid-19th century in terms of technological advances in this game in a general way.

2) Be unique with your idea, and that can be achieved by searching key words for you idea. If someone posted a similar idea then add a reply UNLESS it causes you to necro a post I would guess. But then think about how you can explain the idea differently from that other person. That is why I posted my idea about guild towns as a reply not as a new post.

3) Respect the opinions of other people using this forum. No one is ever going to 100% agree with you, but then those who don't agree should formulate the opposition to a suggestion or post in a civilized and polite way too.

4) Be conscious of the Terms of Service and Forum Code of Conduct when you post. Easiest way to get your post to MATTER is if you demonstrate you understand the Terms of Service and Forum Code of Conduct (see bottom of this page for both if you are not familiar with them), and you make sure you abide to them.

5) Last but not least (and this is my favourite mantra) and that is "You can post as if you are a green or blue poster by emulating a good behaviour on the forums". Only few get selected to be an actual "MVP" (Most Valuable Poster) but it does not stop the rest of us posting in such a way as if we are one TOO!!! The colour of your post does not mean your post does not matter, but your behaviour on the forums DOES!!!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]