BoA as a reward for PvP?

You're probably aware that there is currently a loot drop from Garrosh that is a BoA weapon for levels 90-100. For example Hellscream's Warbow

Many people have nothing to spend Conquest points on after buying all their gear, and tend to just sit on them for the rest of the season. How about adding something similar to the BoA weapons that could be purchasable for Conquest after 27k has been earned?

I know a lot of people are looking for extra PvP rewards, could this be one of them? I realise it's a bit late to implement now for this season, but could be an idea going forward?
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Would be too sweet and somewhat fair, so not going to happen.
Reply Quote
Id rather want some gold for conquest instead of bow and rest..out of all the things in PvP im only missing gold, all the time..when I go out of arena I pay 2-5 gold for repair not much at first sigth but if you do lots of arenas and also boost ppl for cap and rating like I do you will notice how much gold goes on repairs..specialy if you dont get gold out of anything since you are too busy doing arenas/rbgs all the time.Also alot of gold goes on gems enchants that cost hell lot..and I have 4 warriors and 2 are full geared means I gave double gold for gems and enchs... and now I need to start gearing another warr and give more gold..
Edited by Liv on 07/12/2013 07:55 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
This is an awesome idea, however it wont ever happen :(

EDIT: ^ wat? Making gold in WoW is easy, I'd rather be able to get BoAs to make the levelling from 90-100 less painful.
Edited by Sylvin on 07/12/2013 07:56 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior

fair?! no !@#$ing way, i couldn't kill hc, i don't deserve that item
Reply Quote
Id rather want some gold for conquest instead of bow and rest..out of all the things in PvP im only missing gold, all the time..when I go out of arena I pay 2-5 gold for repair not much at first sigth but if you do lots of arenas and also boost ppl for cap and rating like I do you will notice how much gold goes on repairs..specialy if you dont get gold out of anything since you are too busy doing arenas/rbgs all the time.Also alot of gold goes on gems enchants that cost hell lot..and I have 4 warriors and 2 are full geared means I gave double gold for gems and enchs... and now I need to start gearing another warr and give more gold..

Fair point. I'm always low on gold, but doing my weekly mount runs and whatever usually gives me enough to get by.

You can always trade in your conquest for spirits of harmony once you're past cap, but I understand that doesn't actually give much gold at all.

07/12/2013 08:15Posted by Acess

I think it's fair. There is a BoA reward for doing flex, normal and heroic, as far as I know, so it's not as if it's only for the best of the best to obtain. And it's not as if PvPers haven't spent 10-15 weeks capping points every week to earn the right to buy it.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter

Yh so if u arent bast certain rating u can get crap ilv boas if u are 2.2k+ cr u can bya boas equal to heroic fixed
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
makes sense, probably not going to happen
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Yh so if u arent bast certain rating u can get crap ilv boas if u are 2.2k+ cr u can bya boas equal to heroic fixed

by all means make it a 2.2k thing, but then a tiny fraction of people will get it, op wont get it, it's a wep anyway, with no exp bonus right? so it's just like having a blue wep from 90-100..
Reply Quote

I agree, bit late to implement, but I kinda like the idea of it being something else to buy with conquest.

07/12/2013 09:48Posted by Acess

by all means make it a 2.2k thing, but then a tiny fraction of people will get it, op wont get it, it's a wep anyway, with no exp bonus right? so it's just like having a blue wep from 90-100..

Don't see much point in gating it behind rating. I guess I wouldn't mind having a requirement of x conquest points, so it's not available to everyone who just caps a few games.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Don't see much point in gating it behind rating

then it's just a boa, it's not a reward, it's a goody for being able to login to wow, well done, you can log in

gate it behind rating for pvp, gate it behind a boss for pve, makes sense
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Priest
07/12/2013 11:55Posted by Acess
Don't see much point in gating it behind rating

then it's just a boa, it's not a reward, it's a goody for being able to login to wow, well done, you can log in

gate it behind rating for pvp, gate it behind a boss for pve, makes sense

But surely gating it behind rating restricts it a little too much? These can be looted even in Flex remember, it's not as if they're super difficult.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman

1) Blizzard is well known for giving everyone a shot at everything, they don't like things being specific to hardcore audiences
2) Couldn't kill HC? I think you mean, you don't have the group for it. PvE encounters in this game are a joke, anyone can do the majority of them. And even if they can't - the encounter is nerfed to make it doable.
3) They drop on Flex as well.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
2) Couldn't kill HC? I think you mean, you don't have the group for it. PvE encounters in this game are a joke, anyone can do the majority of them. And even if they can't - the encounter is nerfed to make it doable.

Neither you or op have killed garrosh, on rf never mind flex
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
Hit 2,2K, receive BoA?

Would make more sense than just grinding 27K Conq.
Reply Quote
90 Dwarf Shaman

Neither you or op have killed garrosh, on rf never mind flex

That's because I don't PvE at all anymore, my old guild have killed garrosh on HC so it's fair to assume that I would have killed him by now.

But you come and try tell me PvE is hard that's fine, I saw C'thun prenerf and all of my friends from that time can and will tell me that no encounter has come close to being as difficult.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
But you come and try tell me PvE is hard that's fine, I saw C'thun prenerf and all of my friends from that time can and will tell me that no encounter has come close to being as difficult.

omg ur so cool, can i have your autograph?
Reply Quote
40 Undead Monk
i fail to see how hc dragonslayers "deserve" boa items more than pvp players.
Reply Quote
90 Human Mage
How about adding something similar to the BoA weapons that could be purchasable for Conquest after 27k has been earned?

When I played PvP, I had to do like 1 hour of arenas a week to get capped. Heroic raiders raid easily +20 hours a week not to mention hardcore progress where raid times can be like 50 hours or so.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]