Real ID/Battletag Spams. It got to stop!

90 Pandaren Monk
Every single day i receive up to 4/5 spam Battletag requests from , what i assume to be, gold seller. I normally Report and block invites from them, but, i reached the limit of BLOCKED SPAM REQUESTS! I can´t block any more requests... and they keep showering on my Battletag...

Every time i try to block one of this spam invites, i get this message:

You have already blocked the maximum number of Real ID and Battle Tag Players.

This need to be fixed... Quickly. I don´t even know where they get my info. I read somewhere that it have to do with Diablo III, BUT i don´t play diablo in months now...

Really... Blizz... plz try and fix this.
Edited by Zulzin on 10/12/2013 13:52 GMT
Reply Quote
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
90 Worgen Druid
Considering the enormous amounts of people, including myself, who have been complaining about this on forums, social networks, and elsewhere, I would not be surprised if Blizzard will come with a solution very soon.

It is very annoying, I agree. A friend of mine has even resorted to inflating his friends list to reach the cap.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
Am I the only person that hasn't received a single gold spam invite since Cata? :|
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
i got 6-10 each day, all from the same site.. so i agree it has to stop SOON!
Reply Quote
90 Orc Shaman
I only had like 2-3 since cata
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I get around one a week which isn't too bad but it would still be nice not to have them at all.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Am I the only person that hasn't received a single gold spam invite since Cata? :|

I've never received any, but then again I have RealID turned off
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
i got 6-10 each day, all from the same site.. so i agree it has to stop SOON!

Got more like15 ( or more) since i made this post...

since now i can´t block anymore of them, it will only enlarge in numbers.
Reply Quote
59 Blood Elf Death Knight

No. I find it actually really weird that people complain so much about them, yet I have not received any spam invites at all. :P
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
12/12/2013 17:47Posted by Aélyra

No. I find it actually really weird that people complain so much about them, yet I have not received any spam invites at all. :P

This really. I'm not one for being a cynic....honest.....but I do wonder why they target some over others.
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Rogue
I play at stormscale as long as i remeber myself playing wow , I never had a Battletag invite from any Stranger . It must be bad luck or something
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
12/12/2013 17:49Posted by Frixie

This really. I'm not one for being a cynic....honest.....but I do wonder why they target some over others.

I can safely say here that i never bought gold or did any of the illicite stuff while i played this game. So, that option can be discarded.

Now you can see why i am so mad about this. Why me, if many others havent received it...
Reply Quote
90 Troll Hunter
I get them as well, im not even playing D3
Reply Quote
88 Tauren Druid
I would not be surprised if Blizzard will come with a solution very soon.

And I would not be surprised if they didn't.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
Same for me. I've never played D3 or any other battle.net games. And I've got the key authenticator. I've been spammed recently as well. Very annoying to say the least.
Reply Quote
MVP - CS
90 Draenei Priest
I have to admit I haven't had any either - but Blizzard have said they're working on a solution. They've solved it in the past ... remember the level 1 gnomes standing on each others' shoulders spelling out the site's name, or the dead characters also spelling out the site's name? And then there was the guild calendar spamming ... I think that one's been stopped too (or I haven't seen it recently, anyway).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin

There can be various reasons to why some people are getting more invites and other none.

First of all, be aware that the gold sellers only require to get a hold of your e-mail or battle tag once, then you're stored in their database forever.

Now, the way they get a hold of these information could be through gold selling sites, that is true, but it is not the only way.
They can be acquired through many ways, this includes WoW/D3/SC2 etc fansites with public e-mail turned on, people not being cautious with their mails/battle tags, key loggers, other gold selling sites giving/selling e-mails, and the last one is my favorite, through the D3 forum where Battletags are public. (This is the stupidest thing ever, and easily abused.)

Now, that could be some of the reasons why some people get more than others. For instance, if you don't use fansites, don't play D3 and have a fairly healthy way of coordinating around the internets, the likelyhood of you getting spammed is a lot lower than those who are active around the different sites.

I get a lot of those invites, but only from one source, and I can imagine they got my BattleTag from the D3 forum.

Also, I haven't been active playing D3 in a while, but I play a lot of SC2, and I get more invites when I'm playing SC2 than when I play WoW, and I can imagine it to be due to the addons I use in WoW which prevent me from receiving anything gold-selling related.
Edited by Retarjoe on 15/12/2013 13:13 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
i've been recieving a large amount of spam invites on a daily base as well and it's starting to tick me off to be fair.

currently i'm playing GT6 so a dread the day i come back online in this game and see the amount of goldseller battletag spam invites =(
Reply Quote
90 Human Death Knight
They are usually because you have played D3
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Nope, i use badboy and it works like a charm.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]