Boss must die! weekly quests

90 Orc Death Knight
How about bringing this back for max level? Old raids are pretty dead now outside of alts LFR. Bringing this back will encourage people to use the old raids some more rather than gathering dust, especially HoF, even LFR is fairly desolate in there.

Instead of giving valor (emblems of frost + triumph), which aren't really important right now due to the rep required to buy 522 gear on alts, why not give a warforged seal? (or whatever is its equivalence later on).

For those who don't know what i'm talking about: http://www.wowwiki.com/Archmage_Lan%27dalock
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
Great idea! I liked the weekly ICC quests back in WotLK.

Weren't there also a weekly quest to kill a specific boss in naxx.. or sartharion or malygos?
Edited by Keelhaz on 09/12/2013 21:05 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ahh poor Anub'Rekhan, killed him so many times.
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Doubt it would work well with the current gearing system (maybe the squish will help) but right now a decent group can completely burn down a boss from the word go disregarding any mechanics. I've seen gara'jal getting killed before banishing a tank.
Edited by Instalock on 09/12/2013 21:13 GMT
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Blood Elf Priest
+1

I like the idea of bringing those back. Well the reward could be some bonus VP aswell imho :P Usefull to upgrade etc :P
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
+1
Reply Quote
90 Troll Druid
How about bringing this back for max level? Old raids are pretty dead now outside of alts LFR. Bringing this back will encourage people to use the old raids some more rather than gathering dust, especially HoF, even LFR is fairly desolate in there.

Instead of giving valor (emblems of frost + triumph), which aren't really important right now due to the rep required to buy 522 gear on alts, why not give a warforged seal? (or whatever is its equivalence later on).

For those who don't know what i'm talking about: http://www.wowwiki.com/Archmage_Lan%27dalock

I'd be down for this... i liked the weekly raid bosses in wrath :)
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Pandaren Shaman
I'd recommend people actually use their green thumbs rather than say "+1" which does bugger all. It'll help a great deal y'know.

On topic, I believe this will add more replay value to what little the bosses already have and would certainly give me more reason to go besides loot (which until I get into Normal raiding, is the whole point for me). It's been suggested a whopping one times before and didn't see much attention, but I think it'd be one of the few things Blizzard can do to make raiding more attractive rather than piling it into an expansion and saying "Raid or GTFO".

+1, as well as a green's green thumb.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
Great idea! I liked the weekly ICC quests back in WotLK.

Weren't there also a weekly quest to kill a specific boss in naxx.. or sartharion or malygos?

Ah i forgot about those ICC quests, they were indeed pretty fun :P
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue
the heroik dailies in tbc was fun aswelll
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
+1
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Flame Leviathan must die.Again.
Reply Quote
2 Undead Warlock
10/12/2013 18:37Posted by Chestpaddle
Flame Leviathan must die.

Still have that quest in the log.
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I did enjoy these. Would be nice to see them back.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Priest
thumbed it! would be awesome to do old bosses for rewards. Acheivement system does it a bit already.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Druid
I so want this back.

When I first dinged 90 I looked everywhere for the quest dude that done this. I was sorely disappointed.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
thumbed it! would be awesome to do old bosses for rewards. Acheivement system does it a bit already.

Achievements only need to be done once though, with no incentive to come back imo (except maybe Elegon for the mount).
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
absolutely! + submit it ingame too
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
One thing that I regret is not sticking with WoW to the endgame when I played briefly many years ago, the only time I see older raid content is when I need to farm greens/cloth for my alt, in which case I just run through, collect about 253,345,387 mobs and kill them and the boss at the same time, hardly exciting.

If you have read any of my recent posts, I apologise for the overuse of the word "debuff"
But I think forming a party, talking to the NPC/quest giver, accepting the raid quest and then having the debuff applied would work, the debuff stat reduction being calculated on your item level or something to make it accessible to all (or at least most) levels
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
you can still pick the quest up, quick justice points actually. Would be nice to see something like this again
Edited by Zephi on 10/12/2013 20:12 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]