Guild rank / title

90 Human Rogue
I'm assumng that the guild title's is that players rank within that guild?
So, Severon <Guild Master of Ten Green Bottles> etc?
If so, go go post what rank names you'll be using!!

Might use the rank Space Invader somewhere..maybe for the dreanai characters. XD
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
This is a nice feature that I wanted for a long time. The wierd thing I discovered it by accident I was ingame with one of my top officers and I saw the word "Recruit" over thier character.
First, we dont have a rank called that and second, I coulnt find the settings for this! I have googled it as well but no viable results. So, can anyone tell me how I change/set this or maybe its not completely implemented yet?

Anyhow, we will go with the names of the Ranks we have.
Caesar...
Senator...
Avdisor...
And so on. Though our ranks have been the same for soon 5 years. Maybe time to look over and see if changed are needed :D
Reply Quote
Galéldor, I've heard of this issue before. I believe is an implementation issue on the developer side, just post a ticket about it and it should get solved.
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest
If memory serves, our guild ranks are:

Demi-Lich (Guild Master)
Lady (2nd in command. That would be my wife, although I'm pretty sure I'm the one 2nd in command :P)
Lich (Officer)
Wight (Veteran)
Wraith (Member)
Ghost (Trial I suppose)
Most of these will look horrible (Wight of Ethereal just doesn't have a good ring to it), so we're probably going to change it, come Cataclysm.
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
Our Guild Name is closely linked to Norse Mythology so our ranks are:

- High King - (GM)
- Sysselman (Advisor) - (Officer 1st rank)
- Jarl (Earl) - (Officer 2nd rank)
- Hirdman (Battlehardened conscripts) - (Veteran)
- Leysing (Free-men) - (Members)
- Trell (Slave) - (Trials/Sleeper chars)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
So, there going to put this feature in cata when it comes out?
has this been confirmed by blizz or was it a test in beta?

Cheers
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
My guild uses simple ranks : legendary, core, member, alt and for mute rank we use "retard". there are subranks for raid team and alts/officers, but those are irrelevant.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I'd not heard about this! May need to rethink the names of my ranks. Keeping officer and GM the same would help others recognise outside the guild as to who to /w etc though me thinks :)
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Warrior
Im using:

1.Officer
2.Officer
3.Officer (as reserve, thinking to rename it to classleader or something)
4.Raider
5.Casual
6.Alt (officer alt, same as alt but with /Ochat)
7.Alt
8.Chill out (no Gchat)
9.trial
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
I've yet to see any of this, does anyone know when this goes live? (patch 4.0.3a or Cata launch etc)
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest
It's actually already in, but not activated. Sometimes it bugs and certain players can see other player's guild rank infront of their guild name. However, it should be enabled for everyone when Cataclysm launches.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
Cool nice one. Should be good I think. Still unsure what to call my ranks, still got the basics atm with raider included as well
Reply Quote
96 Pandaren Mage
I can see them all now using tiptac mod.
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warlock
comrade
comrade
comrade
comrade
Reply Quote
100 Tauren Paladin
We have

Guild Leader
Officer
Officer Alt
Raid Leader
Guild Mascot (special 1 person rank)
Raider
Initiate
Dramallama (Our chill out no gchat for you rank)

However, by putting all these in our Guild Info log is reporting all the wrong promotions/demotions, although the roster is showing the ranks correctly. I have reported it via a ticket.
Reply Quote
85 Undead Mage
Guild Master
Co-GM (My co-gm and my alts for practical reasons)
Officer
Officer Alt
Raider
Memeber
Alt
Trial
Reply Quote
85 Blood Elf Priest
We have four of us that run the guild each with our own rank, so it goes like this:

Zeus (Founder of the guild/GM)
Poseidon (Co-Founder of the guild)
Hades (Co-Founder of the guild)
Ares (Co-Founder of the guild)
Demi-God (Officer)
Senator (Veteran with extra privileges)
Noble (Veteran)
Commoner (Normal Member)
Servant (Trial)

Lots of ranks but we are a social guild so we have no reason not to use them :P
Reply Quote
Hmm, our raiding ranks are quite dull (Veteran Raider, Raider, Casual Raider) - may need to re-think them so they are more in keeping with the other ranks we have.

GM & Officers - Dragon Slayers
Non-raiding member & alts - Knight
Trial - Novice

Problem is most names I manage to think up in that kind of theme begin with C - Crusader, Champion etc - they would need to be more distinct to make them easy to remember methinks.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Warrior
First of all, i want to point out, that i do not enjoy this new feature. With this way, something that only people within the guild should experience (finding out the rankings and what exactly they mean within the community, being a raiding or social or both), ends up to being viewed by anyone, removing the 'personal' feeling from the guild and rest of its community.

Moreover with this way Blizzard actually gets involved through the naming policies not only to Character names, Guild names, but also to the Guild ranking names, which is a really troublesome thing to do imo. Anyway, since i am pretty sure that really soonish our atm guild rankings will get reported when this new feature will be fully implemented, will mention them here to be remembered!

Believe it or not those ranks have been evolved through a 6 years process with lots of changes, but the background always the same. We love RL and the many women of our guild, accept us for a strange reason! :>

So here it goes (copied from the general guild forums) :

Gay Aunan : Buyer of original chart back at 28/5/2005 - [gm]
    Gay Aunans : Fools that signed it. - [2 co-gms]
    Master Aunan : Raid Leader - Class Representatives - [rest officers]
    Slave Aunan : Alts of Officers
    XxX : TBA - [special duties rank]
    Aunan : Raider
    Asexual : Social Member
    Vally : Punishment rank - [no gchat]
    Transexual : Alts rank
    Virgin : Trial Rank
Edited by Kounamouta on 24/11/2010 22:30 GMT
Reply Quote
80 Undead Priest
First of all, i want to point out, that i do not enjoy this new feature. With this way, something that only people within the guild should experience (finding out the rankings and what exactly they mean within the community, being a raiding or social or both), ends up to being viewed by anyone, removing the 'personal' feeling from the guild and rest of its community.

I've been able to see people's guild rank (and rank name) since patch 3.0.something-or-other in my tooltip, via an addon called TipTac (like another poster mentioned). But, you're right: Your ranks will not fly come Cataclysm.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]