The Nine Steps
1. Download CCleaner here: http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download/standard
- and install it.
2. Once it’s booted, press the button to Clean up your system. This can take a few minutes, depending on how much trash there is on your PC. Please read what is being removed, you might not want the program to remove your Internet History or saved passwords.
Note: CCleaner can ask you to install Google Chrome during the installation. Uncheck this option if you do not want the toolbar!
3. Download SUPERAntiSpyware (http://downloads.superantispyware.com/downloads/SUPERAntiSpyware.exe
)and install it.
Afterwards, open the scanner and make sure it’s up-to-date. Press Scan Your Computer and then select Perform Complete Scan. Wait until the scan is complete. Once done, make sure everything is checked and press Next until everything is deleted/fixed. If it asks you to reboot, do so.
4. Download Spybot Search & Destroy ( http://www.safer-networking.org/nl/mirrors/index.html
) and install it.
• During the installation, uncheck "Use Internet Explorer protection (SDHelper)" and "Use system settings Protection (TeaTimer)"
• After the installation, boot Spybot S & D. Search for updates first, and download them all.
• Click on the Immunize tab afterwards, followed by clicking the Immunize button. Wait until the operation has been completed.
• Then go to the Search and Destroy tab. Click on Check All after that and wait until things are done.
• Select all problems found, and repair the problems. Close Spybot afterwards.
5. Download MBAM (MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware) ( http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam-download.php
) - and install it. Make sure that at the end of the installation, Update MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware and Start MalwareBytes' Anti-Malware is checked.
• Select Full Scan and start scanning. When it is done, select everything and delete the found objects.
• A logfile will also open automatically. Save this logfile and post it together with your Hijackthis logfile.
The Logfile will automatically be saved at the Logs tab in MBAM.
Note: If MBAM found objects that can't be deleted, it will ask to reboot your computer. Allow this and restart your computer.
6. Do a full system scan with your virusscanner and remove all found infections.
If you do not have a virusscanner – GET ONE ASAP!!- , you can scan online with one of these scanners. (Use Internet Explorer to scan)
Remove all infections found.
Restart your computer.
7. Download and run the Sophos Anti Rootkit cleaner from here:-http://www.sophos.com/products/free-tools/sophos-anti-rootkit.html
Full instructions are on the page.
8. Use the Malicious Software Removal Tool from Microsoft. I would run it at least once a month. You can download it here:
Once it is downloaded, simply follow the steps. Make sure you perform a Full Scan.
9. Download Hijackthis http://go.trendmicro.com/free-tools/hijackthis/HijackThisInstaller.exe
- and install it.
• After the installation Hijackthis will open. Press Do a systemscan and save a logfile.
A notepad file will open. In the Notepad file, press CTRL + A to select everything, CTRL + C to Copy everything. Then press CTRL + V in a new reply in this thread
Also paste the MBAM log as well as the Hijackthis logfile.
Also: Please note: Doing this all, is NOT A GUARANTEE your computer is not infected. There is no scanner that has a 100% detection rate.