Edited by Lurdlespor on 13/12/12 09:12 (GMT)
Forum Rules and Technical Support working hours
Welcome one and all to the World of Warcraft Technical Support forum. This forum exists to provide World of Warcraft customers with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and Blizzard Technical Support staff members. While Blizzard Technical Support staff regularly monitors and replies to this forum, it is not meant as a place for resolution of complex issues, and cannot be due to the limited interaction the forum environment allows. If you find your issue remains unresolved we highly recommend consulting our support site for additional resources in helping you resolve the issue you're experiencing.
We have many self-help solutions that can address certain issues without needing to speak with us directly via phone. For these issues, the website will help you locate these solutions and other helpful resources to address your questions. If you need to submit a ticket, that option will be presented.
Edited by Lurdlespor on 13/12/12 09:09 (GMT)
Writing an effective post for the Technical Support Forum
This forum is here for World of Warcraft players to discuss technical issues, problems and solutions related to World of Warcraft and if you wish to post here about such an issue there are some simple guidelines that can help:
Before you make your post:
1) Read the Stickies: Many issues we see pop up on the forums are covered in our stickies and a quick glance in the relevant sticky can often resolve your problem without having to wait on a response to your forum thread which can often take hours.
2) Check the FAQ: We have a detailed Support site with FAQ articles covering many common and not so common issues experienced by our players:
3) Search the Forum: There is a good chance, if your issue is not covered in a sticky or FAQ article, that someone else has experienced the same problem in the past and made a post about it, searching the forum for an error number or some of your symptoms can often turn up some troubleshooting advice that may solve your problem.
If you are unsure of any terms or phrases used, please check the Glossary by Doomsinger, here:
Making your Post
If the existing advice in the stickies, FAQ and forum didn’t manage to resolve your problem, or you have trouble following that advice, it is time to create a new forum post, and the following steps can help ensure speedy identification and assistance for your issue from both players and our support staff:
1) Write a descriptive subject: Letting players and Technical Support Staff know quickly and easily the sort of problem you have can greatly increase the likelihood and speed of an effective response. Use of categorization and part of any error messages you receive can be very effective, for example:
[Patch 4.0.3] Installer Play button is Grey is much clearer than Patch don’t work or Please help me
2) Describe the steps you have already taken: Now that you have checked the stickies, FAQ and searched the forum, let us know in your post that you have done that and what steps exactly you have already tried so that other people reading your post do not present you with possible solutions that you know are not of use.
3) Provide relevant details: It can greatly speed up diagnosis of a problem if you already include relevant information about your computer and connection. We have an FAQ on finding some important information here:
Providing information such as Processor, RAM, Operating System, Graphics, Sound[/b] and Network Card models can help to narrow down possible causes of your issues.
For connection issues knowing your Network Card Model, Router Model and ISP is very important.
4) Keep checking the forum: Keep looking at threads posted by other users to check if any others are experiencing similar problems. They may have tried some steps that may resolve your problem.
5) Be patient: Response time on a forum is generally better measured in hours than minutes, our Support staff will do their best to answer as wide a range of forum posts as possible, but cannot respond to them all. If you have followed all of these steps though, chances are good that other players and our support staff will be able to help you.
Details on contacting our support staff can be found here:
Edited by Lurdlespor on 09/11/12 09:14 (GMT)
Rules and Policies
All of the policies for posting on the World of Warcraft forums apply here as well. Beyond those, we have designated some rules specifically for this forum to help streamline the support process.
You can read the complete set of rules on our website here:
Please keep all posts on topic, and try to provide as much information about your problem as possible. This means technical issues, advice, and discussion of technical issues only. Below are examples of what would be considered off-topic in this forum.
In-game issues such as character issues, bugs, name changes, lost items, in-game harassment and other gameplay-related subjects not technical in nature. These should be reported to the Game Master department through the in-game ticket system. You can find details about the ticket system here:
In addition for general in-game issues you can use the support forum here:
Any issues regarding payment or account related matters should be sent to our dedicated Support department, who can be contacted by e-mail or telephone. You can find information on how to contact them here:
Game discussions, complaints, or commentary should be posted in the appropriate forum. In most cases this will be WoW General forum:
For any issues regarding stolen, hacked or compromised accounts, please refer to our Account Recovery page here:
Edited by Hagut on 20/01/13 15:44 (GMT)
The following can result in your post being deleted or locked.
We understand that emotions can run high while dealing with support issues, but such posts do not advance our goal of providing assistance to the widest audience of customers in this forum. If you feel that a Support employee has acted inappropriately or you have an issue with the support service, please send an email to CSFeedbackEU@blizzard.com with a detailed description of the issue.
We hope that this forum can continue to be a place where users can find quick resolution to their issues. To help us do this we ask that the above guidelines be observed at all times when contributing to this forum.
Lastly, please remember that Blizzard provides these forums as a free venue for our customers to discuss our games.
Posts can be deleted and users may be banned from this site, without prior warning or explanation, at the sole discretion of Blizzard Entertainment.