So what is the real requirement for SoO?

It might be stupid question but what is the -real- requirement to do each part of SoO?

I've been doing LFR for a few weeks and finally getting my items some what in sync with the current content, but is this the way to progress? Do I really have to farm SoO in three diffrent settings before I will ever get the chance to try out the heroic encounters?

The general rule of thumb seem to be that you do LFR -> Flex -> Normal -> Heroic.

The little thing on the armory states that SoO is still 'challenging', even with an ilevel of 531.

Can someone help me out a little, I really do want to be able to get into heroic raiding before the expansion ends and I want to know the best way to get there before the expansion ends.

Working on my legendary cloak as we speak.

Thanks. :)
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Paladin
If you can kill Garrosh Flexi without being carried you are good to go for Immerseus normal.

If you can kill Garrosh Normal without being carried you are good to go for Immerseus heroic.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
There are no rules - go for the highest difficulty setting you can manage convince people to take you to.

For example, I returned to WoW exactly one week before 5.4 hit. I still was in my guild, which is still raiding after a year of my absence, so I'm lucky.

I ground LFR/FLEX/Timeless for like month and a bit and then requested a spot in raids. I think I was 535ish when I got into Normals.

I did get carried a bit, because my DPS was rock bottom, since everyone was like 550+ already, but since none of the guys needed most of the stuff in Normal by that time, I got geared relatively fast. I think it took another ~2 months a bit less. By that time we already started Heroics, but I improved steadily so I am now taken to every raid.

It was tough being bottom on DPS for me since in Cata I was used to being the big deal on meters, but now within 3 months I am back in business and I even top them meters again quite often. I am still a bit undergeared compared to others, but it's nothing drastic and I can bridge this gap with good gameplay.

So yeah, try to drag you ilvl to 535, it's a nice number to start bother raiding guilds.(in case your current one is not doing it) - just poke around and I am sure you will land a trial with some nice guild progressing on late Normals. Be ready to be benched often, that's life, but they will most likely bring you to the farm raids, so you will get gear quick and won't be benched anymore.

And of course, get that damned cloak, ASAP. It is unreal what it does to DPS.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
With a nice guild willing to bring you, you can probably skip over LFR entirely. I went straight into Flex runs with guild when SoO came out, despite having only done ToT on LFR at most before then. I did a tiny handful of LFR bosses in SoO to finish off my legendary cape, and never went back again. Our guild usually brings alts all the time too when we do flex farm runs.

You could probably move from Flex to Normals without clearing every boss. We usually stick to Flex because it means no one gets left out, but Normal isn't really a massive step up in difficulty, you just need to be a little more aware and have the ilv to do decent damage.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
If you can kill Garrosh Flexi without being carried you are good to go for Immerseus normal.

If you can kill Garrosh Normal without being carried you are good to go for Immerseus heroic.

If you kill Harrosh normal without being carried you are good for least 1st 4-5 on HC :) Garrosh has higher awareness, and dps requirements than 1st Hcs.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
It might be stupid question but what is the -real- requirement to do each part of SoO?

To actually know what you're doing. Knowing raid tactics + your class very well

The general rule of thumb seem to be that you do LFR -> Flex -> Normal -> Heroic.

No you ca actually learn from Videos (guides) and jump straight to Flex or Normal even
Edited by Mewmewmew on 27/12/2013 07:30 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]