Cut legendary cloak reqs.

It's about time to cut the requirements for the whole legendary questline again so that people starting out new or rerolling have a realistical chance to aquire the cloak (and get into raiding) before this xpac is over.

Most serious guilds don't recruit players who don't have at minimum meta+1-2 weeks max. left to cloak.

I've even seen flex raids demanding cloak+meta.

Right now it still takes between 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 or even 4 months or longer if you don't play every ID or have really bad luck with secrets and runestones.

So it's about time to half the reqs again.

Yeah yeah, I know, people will come here with 'uhh no I worked so hard for this and so much time yadda yadda' but you had it first so you're cool anyway.
Edited by Nysanea on 22/12/2013 23:48 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue
i agree
Reply Quote
30 Human Mage
+1.

The whole journey aspect is done and dusted by now, everyone and their dogs has the cloak. I have it on my main however on my alts I don't bother because well why should I go through the same journey again.

The 10k price tag on a second cloak is also idiotic for classes with more than one spec. 10k for a cloak, I'm sorry but I'd rather use a 540 flex one than pay 10k into the black hole that is the blizzard's backpocket.
Reply Quote
90 Draenei Shaman
It's already the easiest legendary in the game to get hold of and you want the requirements cut again? Why don't they just mail the cloak to people the moment they hit 90?
Reply Quote
30 Human Mage
It's already the easiest legendary in the game to get hold of and you want the requirements cut again? Why don't they just mail the cloak to people the moment they hit 90?

Although you're being sarcastic here, I don't see why the legendary cloak doesn't become instantly available to an alt if you have a main with the legendary cloak + FoS achievement.

What purpose does going through the same bad rng of the orange stones serve? To prolong the games life span, to satiate some sedastic dev team? Tell me because I don't know.

Edit:

No it's not the easiest legendary to accquire. It's actually one of the more harder ones because it takes so long.

The caster legendary staff from FL? It wasn't any harder than the legendary cloak in fact it was much much easier. No scenarios, no 6 week VP requirement etc. All u did was collect a few different type of embers and then siphon the alysrazor etc.
Edited by Beats on 22/12/2013 23:56 GMT
Reply Quote

because this whole endgame right now revolves around, do you have your meta+cloak or not.

I agree, it's easy. Everyone can have it without any skill involvement. That's exactly why there does not need to be an unrealisic and annoying time barrier between.

Where's the difference if I faceroll lfr bosses while half asleep for 3 months or 1 and a half ?
Reply Quote
100 Undead Mage
Its the closest thing we have to a raiding attunement for a while.

Dont remove it please :>.
Reply Quote
100 Night Elf Druid
-100000 also very insolent....cba to report even

Blizzard basicly gief away LEGENDARY gear to anyone who was capable to press stinky LFR button.... which means ANYONE in community can wear legendary regardless of skill...
yet you are insolent enought to come and whine !

Hope legendaray politics from MoP happend now and only now and never ever in future of WoW....

What you want next from blizzard? to hand you a gear right? stop this I beg you ,demands like yours destroyed this game and make it not challanging,worthless and very big subscribers lose... and I hope subscribers drop will continue till ever blizzard stop to lisen such a lame demands.
Reply Quote
100 Troll Hunter
Its probably fair to say at this point that it should be nerfed somehow; I have cloaks on 6 characters so its definitely become more of a 'chore' then something to challenge or intrigue players. Yeah yeah another cloak woop de doo.

I would say:

- up the drop rate on the sigils, secrets and runestones so you can definitely get them done in a couple of weeks each.

- nerf the valour requirement to 2k, which means in effect you can have it done in one week (second week you cap before you do any raids)

- nerf the krasarang wilds boss to make it soloable by all classes, not just tanks and pet classes that can solo it now

The other parts can be left as they are.

That would put it at 7/8 weeks from start to finish, or 5/6 weeks if you are lucky, which hardly seems unreasonable.
Reply Quote
90 Undead Rogue

Blizzard basicly gief away LEGENDARY gear to anyone who was capable to press stinky LFR button.... which means ANYONE in community can wear legendary regardless of skill...

Hope legendaray politics from MoP happend now and only now and never ever in future of WoW....

What you want next from blizzard? to hand you a gear right? stop this I beg you ,demands like yours destroyed this game and make it not challanging,worthless and very big subscribers lose... and I hope subscribers drop will continue till ever blizzard stop to lisen such a lame demands.

but they do give away gear already timeless isle is a free gear mall nd lfr
Reply Quote
100 Human Paladin
Agreed, I have 4 cloaks and the other 4 i couldn`t be bothered to do the 3k vp qeust even.

Edit:

i > I
Edited by Lightgoddess on 23/12/2013 03:31 GMT
Reply Quote
49 Human Priest
23/12/2013 01:07Posted by Bedezee
I have cloaks on 6 characters

:O Why would you even bother..
Reply Quote
-100000 also very insolent....cba to report evenBlizzard basicly gief away LEGENDARY gear to anyone who was capable to press stinky LFR button.... which means ANYONE in community can wear legendary regardless of skill...yet you are insolent enought to come and whine ! Hope legendaray politics from MoP happend now and only now and never ever in future of WoW.... What you want next from blizzard? to hand you a gear right? stop this I beg you ,demands like yours destroyed this game and make it not challanging,worthless and very big subscribers lose... and I hope subscribers drop will continue till ever blizzard stop to lisen such a lame demands.

And what exactly has this wall o' text to do with my request to ease the time barrier for obtaining meta & cloak a little in the last stages of this content patch/xpac ?

You didn't really understand what you were reading, did you ?

As you already nicely remarked, it's a legendary everyone can have, no skill or other ressources required other than time. That's why it has became a standard that everybody is expected to have by now.

So there's no reason to stick to an annoying time gate / content stretch tactic at the last few months.
Edited by Nysanea on 23/12/2013 01:32 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Human Rogue

i have yet to pass the sigil quest on an alt. you are a god amongst men.
Reply Quote
100 Dwarf Priest
Find a guild that doesn't require it then. Simple. That's what I did, and cleared ToT in a few days.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Mage
It's about time to give us more free epics with higher ilvls so that people starting out new or rerolling have a realistical chance to get into raiding before this xpac is over.

Most serious guilds don't recruit players who don't have at 540 ilevel.

I've even seen flex raids demanding 550 ilevel

Right now it still takes between 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 or even 4 days or longer if you don't play every ID or have really bad luck drops.

So it's about time to give us more free loot again.

Yeah yeah, I know, people will come here with 'uhh no I worked so hard for my gear and so much time yadda yadda' but you had it first so you're cool anyway.
Reply Quote
30 Human Mage

http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/dead.gif
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter

Insolent?

OK, firstly, being insolent isn't anywhere near a bannable offence (this isn't the army, circa 1942, LOL!) and secondly, I don't even think he, or she, was being insolent, anyway?

My issue with the cloak is not so much that it's time consuming to get (TBH, I think that is fair enough, for a legendary), so much as it was used as a gating device to bar people from doing Ordos.

This is/was a particular issue, especially early in the patch, as there is no valor gear to buy this time, so world boss gear was really the only gear progression available to non "real" raiders after LFR/Timeless gear.

This, obviously, affected new/returning players, but it also affected those with the cloak, as it meant that you struggled to make an Ordos group on quieter realms and also, ended up feeling you had to explain the situation in detail (and almost apologise!) for them not being able to join; or risk looking like it was your decision to bar them, rather than the game's.

Of course, it's not so much of a problem now, as you can just join raid browser Ordos groups and avoid all the unfortunates who are still cloakless, but it's really just hiding the problem.

So, as I say, I think it's OK to make getting a legendary take a bit of work, but it becomes a major issue if it effectively bars people, for a long time, from other progression within the game.

Having said that, I really wouldn't mind if they nerfed the requirements again, if it helped the game as a whole, because I'm not a selfish person, or a person who gets their sense of worth from their personal progression, relative to others', in a game.

I think, ideally, there would be as big a pool of people to do stuff with as possible and the ability and personalities of those people would be considered > than their ability to access gear.
Edited by Tigemma on 23/12/2013 02:08 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Hunter
Find a guild that doesn't require it then. Simple. That's what I did, and cleared ToT in a few days.

We're talking about people being prevented from doing SoO Normal, not ToT.

I hope no guilds are requiring the cloak for ToT?!
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
I've one cloak on my account and several characters on Secrets -Quest.

But as you can see, I'm leveling up this priest and I'd love to get it to this character as well. So I'm all for reducing the requirements for the cloak, especially on the Valor quest.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]