Flexible for forum readers without achievement.

90 Undead Priest
Great idea. I'd need to pull my finger out and get some better gear first... this might be the proverbial kick up the behind i need to do so!

I got caught in the "Its not gonna happen, why bother" loop.

note: depending on the flavour of whats needed , I have tank chars available too.. although equally crappy geared. Moving house != good for game time.
Edited by Ikiryo on 06/01/2014 15:30 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Warrior
inb4 thread about ppl with achievement and exp getting turned down and being all #hatetradechatreq ;)

Great idea, GL!
Edited by Comic on 06/01/2014 15:26 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
OK then tomorrow I will update in the OP the people that have declared their interest, hopefully more will join until tomorrow, and then we will agree on a time / date to do this.

Great initiative, wish I saw more of these. Should you fall short on healers, I'm willing to help, although obviously I don't need it in the slightest.

The thing is I could probably solo-heal a flex raid on my priest as well, but one of the aims of my idea is not to get people without achievement boosted, but to have them work as a team with other people just like them and best as much of the content as it is possible. What I'm hoping to achieve with this is to make people motivated into raiding and playing the game, especially since I see many would be willing to put time and effort into it but aren't accepted into runs over meager things such as achievements or a few item levels. As such, I will join with my least geared active character as well (don't worry peeps, it has 540 itemlevel :p), and try to not bring heroic geared toons to boost the raid, otherwise nobody will even understand why they defeated the content in the first place.
The second thing that I want to prove is that people in ~520 item level can also do flexible, if not the entire run then at least 3 parts.

These are basically the reasons for which I would rather take chars which aren't very good geared and without achievements, because they are the ones who need it more. I guess we will see how it goes, since it seemed to spark some interest already.

Great idea. I'd need to pull my finger out and get some better gear first... this might be the proverbial kick up the behind i need to do so!

I got caught in the "Its not gonna happen, why bother" loop.

note: depending on the flavour of whats needed , I have tank chars available too.. although equally crappy geared. Moving house != good for game time.

Try to optimize as much as you can until raid time, and I think we can take you as well even if you don't make it to 520. The 520 limit is some artificial, arbitrary line I have drawn more as a "don't come completely unprepared" point then a "if you're 519 then you can't join" thing.
Edited by Anabelle on 06/01/2014 16:38 GMT
Reply Quote
awesome idea +1 good on u :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I need flex badly on my alt to I can change it to my main, but she's only 524 ilevel so nobody will take her.

I would totally join this if you chose to do it. I have 8/14 heroic experience btw, just low gear ;P
Edited by Waffles on 06/01/2014 16:40 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Death Knight
I think you should stream it, or at least record it :)

I'd love to watch to see how it goes :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
06/01/2014 16:32Posted by Anabelle
The thing is I could probably solo-heal a flex raid on my priest as well,

Probably, since I personally solo healed a couple of bosses on normal 10 man, and I understand perfectly your experiment. Don't get me wrong, my general issue in wow is to get rid of flexes, not to get some more :)), so the main reason why I posted was to show support.
If anything, I have a monk that I can't recall the ilev of - but since I only do flexes on her, she can't be very high. I can even dps on her (offspec) for the horror of everybody (I'm a really !@#$ dps).

Anyways, I just wish I saw more things like this.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Priest
06/01/2014 16:46Posted by Saphiramoon
Probably, since I personally solo healed a couple of bosses on normal 10 man, and I understand perfectly your experiment. Don't get me wrong, my general issue in wow is to get rid of flexes, not to get some more :)), so the main reason why I posted was to show support.

Yeah, me too (including Garrosh, of which I'm fairly proud :D ). Your monk is welcome, especially if we can freely make fun of your DPS... you can team up with my rogue as the DPS mascots. :)
Reply Quote
30 Troll Shaman
My only Horde 90 only has 470~ ilvl :(
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Rogue
Recently I have read a whole lot of threads about people being unable to join Flex raids because of what they called "ridiculous demands from raid leaders, such as Ahead of the Curve FoS or 550 item level". Despite the fact I believe everyone is entitled to set any requirement they desire for the raid they create, I do feel for the more shy forumers in that they have difficulties creating their own raid and it sucks not being able to join one. As such, I have decided to make an experiment, in which you fellow forumers are invited to participate if you want.
The experiment is this: we will make a flexible run that will have low item level requirements, and that will be comprised of unexperienced players. I will be leading the raid, since it is reasonable to assume that at least someone in the group will be required to know what we need to do beforehand. A number of rules will apply for our raid:
If we have enough interested people posting in the thread, we will decide upon a raid time acceptable for everyone (for example, next Saturday starting at 16:00 CET), and I will share my btag in the thread.

1) For obvious reasons, only horde applicants will be considered.
2) There will be a minimum item level requirement set at 520. Hopefully, this item level requirement is to be considered reasonable enough for our endeavor.
3) People without any relevant achievement will be prioritized ahead of those with achievement. Should we not have enough players without achievement, FoS or whatever else, we will take from the latter category.
4) I will attempt to take players of a more-or-less balanced class setup.
5) After fulfillment of all other criteria, players will be taken in the raid on a "first come, first served" basis.
6) People will be required to install a voice communication - Ventrilo - and I shell provide a Ventrilo server we can use. However, since I understand some people are shy to speak using voice com, this will not be required. Only listening will suffice.
7) Explaining will be done using the English language. Therefor, basic understanding of English is a requirement.
8) People that will fail repeatedly on the same thing over and over will be kicked eventually. However, a fair number of failure will be entirely tolerated, and blame will not be thrown around.
9) People with toxic behavior will be ejected from the raid ASAP. Toxic behavior will mean harassing any other raid member, afk'ing, or any other thing that will disturb the wellbeing of the rest of the raid. Explaining nicely to another player where s/he failed is OK, being rude about it is not.
...and my personal favorite: 10) Players participating in this raid are not allowed to make any "I can't get into flex raids" threads for 2 weeks after participation. :)

So... shoot, let me know if you're interested in this, forum readers.

Although not a raider myself (I'm PvP) I think this is a wonderful thing to do for your fellow gamers. I Have a few raiding friends that have experienced the problem of not being able to join raids, flex or otherwise due to the reasons you have stated in your post. If only more gamers on WoW were like yourself sir. :) GJ +1
Reply Quote
90 Orc Mage
This sounds like a great idea, and I'd love to tag along, just need to get my ilvl up a bit more.
520 should be doable though, especially if I get lady luck on my side with the rolls.
Edited by Optam on 06/01/2014 21:33 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Undead Hunter
Sign me up! Would love to join.
Reply Quote
Ok as i said earlier in this thread I was going to do the same for the alliance now i have sorted most apart from voice coms I am hoping to get it up and ready for the weekend will put my BT in the thread closer to the time
Reply Quote
90 Orc Warrior
Sounds great to me!

533 ILvL Arms warrior. I have completed SoO on LFR but no ventured into flex as yet. Also meeting all the requirements if i reinstall vent :)

Will be watching the thread with interest
Reply Quote
90 Goblin Shaman
522 enhancement shammy..
i have 14/14 normal exp on several characters so i guess im in the reserves :D but would love to join and get some flex done on this :)
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
Ok as i said earlier in this thread I was going to do the same for the alliance now i have sorted most apart from voice coms I am hoping to get it up and ready for the weekend will put my BT in the thread closer to the time
If you don't mind mumble, I can provide the comms. I don't mind giving up some server capacity to a good cause.

Of course vent is limited unless you're a dealer, and TS requires quite some hoops before they will hand you a less limited license :(

Let me know, and I'll arrange some way to contact me about it if you're fine with mumble.
Reply Quote
59 Blood Elf Death Knight
Love the idea.

I have several characters at 520+, including ranged DPS, melee DPS, tank and healers. :) So can do any role. I'd probably be most comfortable as DPS though.
Reply Quote
90 Tauren Warrior
Great idea !

Would love to join , Prot warr 522 IL

Know all tacts !
Reply Quote
90 Human Warlock
Even tho i don't have a horde char to attend with you get a +1 from me aswell.
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
Might be interested in this depending on if I can come. On this should you need more punch or my 522 warrior, more useful for my warrior for obvious reasons it depends on the time and date and if I have any prior arrangements. E.g. raid night. I'll try to fit it in if I can.

Fantastic idea though, not often you see attempts to bring the community together. I love them so go you. ^^
Edited by Nerzarn on 07/01/2014 02:17 GMT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]