"Failed to send Recruit a Friend request"

21 Dwarf Shaman
Hi there, i just had a chat with a GM about this issue, and he said that i should change my password and wait 30 mins after that. I have done that now but i still get the error. "Failed to send Recruit a Friend request". Please, can anyone help?

Im going to type in mine and the recivers email adress here then edit it out so only
GMs will be able to see it.
Edited by Wedrànn on 01/01/2014 11:53 GMT
Reply Quote
48 Undead Mage
Same here, had a chat with a very friendly GM, he/she said they are aware of it and try to fix it. I'm copying my WoW folder right now and then I will delete my cache, wtf and interface folder and try it again to make sure its not one of my addons or setings.
Reply Quote
21 Dwarf Shaman
Same here, had a chat with a very friendly GM, he/she said they are aware of it and try to fix it. I'm copying my WoW folder right now and then I will delete my cache, wtf and interface folder and try it again to make sure its not one of my addons or setings.

I tried deleting my cache interface and wtf folders but still doesnt work :(
Reply Quote
48 Undead Mage
Yep, did not help at all *g* GM said several people reported the same problem. hmmm maybe we need to wait then :(
Reply Quote
48 Undead Mage
Any luck Wedrann?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
I'm having the same issue on my new account* (my old account I don't get the error but the email never arrives). I spoke to a GM and he said that they are trying to fix the issues and RaF is currently down.

If you are wanting to take advantage of the offer on the game copies the Gm said you can buy them and fully upgrade them, and as long as the account is under 30days old (still have the 30days free play time on it) you can RaF link to it. Instead of creating a new starter account when you hit the link in the email, you select a current account that's under 30days old.

*By account i mean WoW account, not battle.net. They are both on the same battlle.net. My new WoW account still has some of the free days left on it but it's also attached to a subscription if it's of any relevance.
Edited by Waffles on 01/01/2014 13:37 GMT
Reply Quote
48 Undead Mage
Thank you waffles, the problem would be even if I buy 3 other accounts now (want to multibox) they wont benefit from the extra XP gain until they are linked.

I have 2 accounts already which are linked from before and they would level way faster then the others. So thats why I would need to have RAF active on all accounts :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Yes but you can wait till RaF is back up to level them. That's what I'm doing with my friend. I gifted him the game copies and he's holding onto the codes till RaF comes back up to make the most of the 30 free days. atleast you can still link an already upgraded account to take advantage of the offer that ends tonight at 11:59pm server.
Reply Quote
MVP - CS
90 Draenei Priest
Iwilljoinin - buy them from the store and choose the gift option. You'll then be sent the game keys by email and can create the accounts whenever RaF comes back so you don't lose the RaF time.
Reply Quote
21 Dwarf Shaman
Any luck Wedrann?

Nope but Waffles explained it.
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Mage
So can I put the gifted key and start playing ... And in the next 2-3 days my friend can Recruit me in the excisting Accound ?? Without starting a new one ?? Sorry for my english
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
So can I put the gifted key and start playing ... And in the next 2-3 days my friend can Recruit me in the excisting Accound ?? Without starting a new one ?? Sorry for my english

That's what the Gm told me yes. When you click the link in the email, rather than linking to a new starter edition, you can link to an existing account that's under 30 days old.
Reply Quote
1 Pandaren Mage
And I will have all the advantages of the recruitment ?? I mean + 30 days playtime ??
Reply Quote
48 Undead Mage
Okay, bought now 3 extra accounts and fully upgraded them. will wait now for the RAF to come back online.

5xmonks will be fun :)
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
And I will have all the advantages of the recruitment ?? I mean + 30 days playtime ??

Once you have linked when raF is back up yes, the rewards will be granted like normal (ofc it requires the second account to buy 1-2 months of game time).
Reply Quote
48 Undead Mage
Any blue post or GM ticket update on that topic for anyone?
Reply Quote
90 Pandaren Monk
Unfortunately the live chat is offline atm so unable to get an answer unless I make a ticket... which will take forever to be answered.
Reply Quote
5 Human Hunter
I finally managed to get the email. I clicked the link and chose the account to link with RAF (account was created yesterday).

We've been waiting 10-15 minutes since I accepted the RAF, but we're not getting any bonus XP or the teleport button.
Reply Quote
MVP - World of Warcraft
90 Night Elf Monk
01/01/2014 21:08Posted by Improbable
We've been waiting 10-15 minutes since I accepted the RAF, but we're not getting any bonus XP or the teleport button.

If your friend was logged in when you accepted he should exit the game and log back in. Same if you accepted while you were logged in, close it and log in again. That is the issue in some cases.
Reply Quote
5 Human Hunter
We've both tried to restart the game with no success.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]