English Realms
  • (PvP) Dragonmaw and Haomarush
  • (PvP) Zenedar and Bladefist
  • (PvP) Deathwing and Karazhan/Lightning’s Blade
French Realms
  • (PvE) Krasus and Eitrigg
German Realms
  • (PvP) Blutkessel and Arthas/Vek’lor

Plans for these connections may change at any time. We’ll provide additional updates for future connections here as soon as we can.

To see a list of all realms connected so far, see our other forum post. For more information on Connected Realms, please read the preview blog post here.

FAQ
Q. My realm needs connecting, is it on your list?
A. All low and some medium population realms will be connected. They’ll all have a healthy population when we’re done. Don't worry, we're aware of the exact situation on each realm.

Q. When will my realm be connected?
A. We'll keep you posted on the latest information as we get it. It's an ongoing process and the schedule is updated as we progress.

Q. My realm has a lower population than some of those on the list, why isn’t mine being connected first?
A. The order we connect realms depends on a number of technical factors, but we will get to them all.
Edited by Takralus on 23/01/2014 09:09 GMT
Any chance for Frostwhisper to get Connected Realms ? its been long time :(
94 Tauren Druid
In case anyone was wondering, here's the old update thread: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8427764143

Guess it was getting a bit cluttered. :P
Community
In case anyone was wondering, here's the old update thread: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8427764143

Guess it was getting a bit cluttered. :P

Indeed, new year = new thread :)
85 Human Warlock
Excellent news and nice to see a clear update and plan.

Now where the hell is Doomhammer. lol

GJ new year new thread./cheer
100 Orc Shaman
Happy new year :)

i cant wait to see my beloved realm (nagrand horde side) to be connected..

keep up the good work

cheers
20 Goblin Hunter
Nice!

kkthxbb
100 Tauren Priest
WTB Merger for SunStrider - that server's as dead as a Dodo...
Community
06/01/2014 09:20Posted by Onacona
Any chance for Frostwhisper to get Connected Realms ? its been long time :(

06/01/2014 10:27Posted by Beerwolf
WTB Merger for SunStrider - that server's as dead as a Dodo...

I just added a short FAQ to the original post.

Q. My realm needs connecting, is it on your list?
A. All low and some medium population realms will be connected. They’ll all have a healthy population when we’re done.
20 Goblin Hunter
Also I assume by

(RP PvP) Ravenholdt and Scarshield Legion

you mean

(RP PvP) Ravenholdt and The Venture Co/Sporeggar/Scarshield Legion
Community
Also I assume by

(RP PvP) Ravenholdt and Scarshield Legion

you mean

(RP PvP) Ravenholdt and The Venture Co/Sporeggar/Scarshield Legion

Yup, thanks! Updated.
100 Orc Death Knight
It might be a new year but its still the same old derisory attempt at customer service from your third rate organisation. I honestly hope you didnt expect a pat on the back for this feeble effort.....

The product you sold/sell is an MMO (MASSIVE MULTIPLAYER), you continue to advertise it as such despite it not being the case for a large percentage of the player base. I like most people chose my server based on the recommendation on your own login service. Implicit in your recommendation is a confirmation that the product will be as advertised over the period of my subscription. We dont pay you to add additional content/petbattles/new character models etc/ that is extra for which you are entitled to charge extra we do however pay you to provide the service as advertised at the point of sale.

So you either need to start commiting more resources to fixing this problem or refunding people for a falsly advertised product. Either way dont for one second think your current rate of delivery is acceptable (expected yes, but acceptable no).
90 Undead Monk
Going to be connected to 7 other realms!? Good lord!
90 Gnome Warlock
so why the big gap? haven't looked at other dates, but i'm pretty sure there wasn't almost a 3 week gap between one update and the next
Edited by Dazzai on 06/01/2014 10:52 GMT
90 Blood Elf Paladin
so why the big gap? haven't looked at other dates, but i'm pretty sure there wasn't almost a 3 week gap between one update and the next
Well, their tech people probably did the same as me. Took a long holiday starting on 23rd, and only returning today. Sure there would have been "coverage" over the Christmas/New Year period. But it would have been just for issues and not planned work (at least this is how it is, where I work).

Now most people are back to work. It's business (mostly) as usual.
90 Blood Elf Paladin
(RP PvP) Ravenholdt and Scarshield Legion/The Venture Co/Sporeggar
No surprise here really. Now I'm sure you can't say. But, any hint as to whether this is as I suspect. Aiming towards linking all of these with Defias to make a quite nicely populated single RP-PvP realm group?

I notice. Still no RP (normal) realm love. Many of those are in a pretty nasty state too.
1 Orc Warrior
I'm guessing Argent Dawn would be with Moonglade/DMF/ER/SWC and the Sha'tar?
90 Blood Elf Paladin
I'm guessing Argent Dawn would be with Moonglade/DMF/ER/SWC and the Sha'tar?
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Please do not do this blizzard techs. Just don't. I think ER has a semi decent population. Link the rest except AD.

AD has a very different kind of RP from the other RP realms, well from my experience some time ago at least. I don't think it's everyone's cup of tea. So, linking ALL RP realms together risks causing frictions from both camps. It'd be much safer to have a slightly lower population on the other RP realms linked.

Another reason not to link other realms to AD is because, AD already experiences queues during peak times (albeit very short ones). So it's probably not ideal at all to link that realm with anyone else, since you'd not only be condemning the existing AD players to more queues. But, also all the players from the other realm(s) that have never heard of this concept of login queuing.
90 Blood Elf Priest
There seems to be a lot of servers that desperately needs a connection yet are left in the bin. Are you looking on the actual server side community or are you just speculating in numbers and total populations? Per example, Bronzebeard, has a hell of a lot of Alliance wandering around, yet the Horde are close to Roland Deschain in Mid-world, chasing the Man in Black across the desert.
90 Blood Elf Hunter
Terenas - Horde.....Dead
This topic has reached its post limit. You may no longer post or reply to posts for this topic.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]