Character limit reached

85 Human Mage
I cannot remember if this question was ever answered.

Will there ever be an extention of the limit of characters per realm? I know the limit is 10 now, but with the new race/class changes I was kind of hoping for a change.

I currently have every class at 80, but with the new combinations of race and classes I do not want to race or faction change every each of them, so it would be nice with an extention.

Also, the lot of you will probably just think or say; meh, just race or faction change!

Problem is, I would like to level from 1 again - with the new race/class combinations and I want to do it at my current realm, as I have all my friends there.

Tootles.
Reply Quote
I think most would agree that it wouldn't really hurt to add 2 more character slots for the 2 new races...

It wouldn't even affect most people. I only have 4 level 80s and I will probably want a 5th but that would be my limit.

I don't think it was ever answered though. Probably went down the same lines as being able to sort your characters on the selection screen as a "low priority".
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
I kind of want a blue to answer this once and for all though. :/
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Druid
The blues did create a poll on the old forums a while back, with the question whether people wanted to pay for one extra character slot on their realm. They also said that they would have to "check the need" of this.

This question has also been asked multiple times already and I wouldn't expect a blue reply.

I will support you however, as I am starved on space myself and can't really settle with any good solution to it. Especially after they remade the world and gave us new class combinations. There are some combinations I just have to have even though I already have the class, and so far I am loving the new leveling content.
Edited by Aylish on 25/11/2010 17:34 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Draenei Shaman
The answer given on Blizzcon was that they'd sell you 10 more slots for 15$ a month (ie buy a new account...).

I too would love to see the option of getting more slots, or rather a redistribution of the ones we have. We could get 12 or even 14 slots per server and keep the 50 in total.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
The answer given on Blizzcon was that they'd sell you 10 more slots for 15$ a month (ie buy a new account...).

I too would love to see the option of getting more slots, or rather a redistribution of the ones we have. We could get 12 or even 14 slots per server and keep the 50 in total.

Buying a new (second) account to get a few more races/classes is a no go for me. I am definately not going to pay for two accounts - seems like a ripoff to me. I would rather pay for an extra slot if they absolutely have to charge more money from us... Either way seems like a ripoff to me, because I have paid for this game since release.

It would be cooler to get an addtional slot for each time you fill out the last slot (with a level 80!) per realm. For example when you have 10 level 80's on the same realm, then you will grant one additional slot. Now that would be awesome!
Edited by Ayiana on 25/11/2010 18:07 GMT
Reply Quote
87 Night Elf Hunter
I'd support it but I'm not desperate. I have three characters over level 60, and three DKs. Any of the others usually get culled out of boredom unless they get a significant way up the levelling process. With the new stuff I think more of my alts will make it past level 20, but I don't need 10 characters per server and try and keep below 20 characters at a time across the whole account. That's just me. Other people have other styles but I suppose there has to be a limit somewhere. Husbanding resources is important.

However, I'm not going to turn this into a QQ or anti-QQ post. I manage it so I don't come close to the cap. I'm not going to try and figure out why Blizzard only let us have 10 per server or stomp my feet and say "this is why they don't do it" or whatever. Making too much fuss just devalues your opinions in the eyes of the devs, and is counterproductive.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
I'd support it but I'm not desperate. I have three characters over level 60, and three DKs. Any of the others usually get culled out of boredom unless they get a significant way up the levelling process. With the new stuff I think more of my alts will make it past level 20, but I don't need 10 characters per server and try and keep below 20 characters at a time across the whole account. That's just me. Other people have other styles but I suppose there has to be a limit somewhere. Husbanding resources is important.

However, I'm not going to turn this into a QQ or anti-QQ post. I manage it so I don't come close to the cap. I'm not going to try and figure out why Blizzard only let us have 10 per server or stomp my feet and say "this is why they don't do it" or whatever. Making too much fuss just devalues your opinions in the eyes of the devs, and is counterproductive.

The 10 level 80's are all the characters I have and play. Yes, I play them all.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
:[
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
moar slots!
Reply Quote
4 Human Warrior
People have been asking about this regularly. I think someone has asked at every blizzcon and got a negative answer.
I must admit I was very disappointed by the dismissive answer this year of "buy another account".

We are allowed 50 characters pr account - it should be our choice if we wanted to place all 50 on the same server.
And I don't think they should just add 2 more slots, they should add a TAB at the top, so we could keep creating to reach our limit.

And allow us to use them on EU/US as well for that matter - it does seem unnecessarily greedy on their part.
Reply Quote
85 Human Mage
People have been asking about this regularly. I think someone has asked at every blizzcon and got a negative answer.
I must admit I was very disappointed by the dismissive answer this year of "buy another account".

We are allowed 50 characters pr account - it should be our choice if we wanted to place all 50 on the same server.
And I don't think they should just add 2 more slots, they should add a TAB at the top, so we could keep creating to reach our limit.

And allow us to use them on EU/US as well for that matter - it does seem unnecessarily greedy on their part.

Yeah, that could be a great solution as well. I really hope to see this change is the near future, though I get no blue answer that they will even reconsider it. :(
Reply Quote
Community
Will there ever be an extention of the limit of characters per realm? I know the limit is 10 now, but with the new race/class changes I was kind of hoping for a change.
Never say never. Except then, and twice.

Seriously though, should we ever have some plans to extend the character limit, we'll let you know in a way that won't be quite as elusive as this response.
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
Not elusive in the same way as say....the Argent Dawn rep changes? ;)
Reply Quote
85 Human Warrior
It's a shame that I feel "forced" to delete a level 80 character if I want to experience the new leveling content.

Like someone said above, there's a 50 char limit on the accounts, why not just let us choose ourselves where we put them?
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
I am sad I wont get to see the new content until they give me some more slots :((((
Edited by Gooki on 25/11/2010 23:37 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Druid
I can see a viable way to increase the character limit per realm by just extending the account, how about just "Membership" and then "Premium Membership" Which is say, £2 more? But gives a few more perks, more characters per realm, etc.
Reply Quote
85 Human Priest
or roll on a different server?

Real ID is ther to help cross realm communication
Edited by Dorna on 25/11/2010 22:59 GMT
Reply Quote
85 Troll Warrior
or roll on a different server?

Real ID is ther to help cross realm communication

real ID sucks
other realm sucks

who wants to play a casual alt on a server with no friends?
Reply Quote
1 Undead Warrior
It's a shame that I feel "forced" to delete a level 80 character if I want to experience the new leveling content.

Like someone said above, there's a 50 char limit on the accounts, why not just let us choose ourselves where we put them?

This!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]