Survival Leveling - Your thoughts and mine.

42 Human Hunter
Hello guys and girls.

As you can see I have in the last day or two been starting a Human Hunter, (as we can do that now) and decided to try out leveling as survival spec. Now in previous patches before 4.0.1 it would be almost impractical to level as survival as you didn't get any neat moves till around level 40+.

This one at level 10 got the infamous explosive shot, which i'm here to say rocks my socks off. Granted without being higher level the cost of focus for this skill is high but its dmg output is insane single target.

I have got some decent BOA gear, like shoulders and chest + knife with 15+ agi but all I simply do is use one explosive shot and the target dies before it can charge towards me. If its not dead, (which appears to be rare unless its an elite) i steady shot to get some focus back and then serpent sting and then use expolsive off CD each time.

Has anyone else had any better experiences with other specs like MM or BM. I'm really not to keen on the idea of going BM spec and like the sound of MM which I may take as Offspec at 40 considering the price is now 10g :)

Please if you have any thoughts about this, wanna share some hunter love or just want to rant, please do so here. I'd be happy to hear what you think.
Reply Quote
34 Draenei Hunter
Leveling as MM is also easy and great.

great damage output and almost no need for pet.
Reply Quote
42 Human Hunter
Leveling as MM is also easy and great.

great damage output and almost no need for pet.

thx for your reply.

Does MM get any focus regenrating tools/skills/talents along the way. That so far is my only gripe with survival because i can't chain mobs with explosive shot due to the high focus cost. would you say the MM is easier to do this?
Reply Quote
90 Troll Shaman
I've been spamming dungeons as Survival, and I can say that Survival has most DPS, as I've tested all 3 specs.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]