your game installation is damaged. please run repair

(Locked)

85 Dwarf Paladin
AoC
Please help

download a small part of the patch the before it hits the green segment it stops downloading and says your game installation is damaged. please run repair, ive run repair loads of times still nothing, i have no firewalls im admin on my account ive run as admin and still nothing.

please help!
85 Draenei Hunter
Most likely you'll have to reinstall from scratch. My experience is that when something goes "error" or "damaged" in this game, nothing works but reinstall from scratch. OR, it might change eventually by itself. My OTHER experience from this game is that during patches some players are affected badly, others are not and either way it usually solves itself in time without you turning your comp upside down for problems caused by hardware and software and whatnot.

Try reinstalling as a final resort. If that doesn't work then wait and hope Blizz will fix the problems that affect some players.
Blizzard Employee
Hello,

Are you running the game on Windows Vista / Windows 7?

If so, please try right-clicking the game icon on your Desktop and choose Run as administrator.

Should the issue persist, you will need to completely uninstall the game, delete the folder and reinstall.
85 Gnome Mage
I've just hit the same issue this morning trying to patch and I am the administrator, cant think how my installation can be damaged after playing fine last night and closing down as normal with no issues :(

Going to try the repair and hope that works.
Blizzard Employee
Hello Cuggles,

On Windows Vista / Windows 7 being the Administrator doesn't mean you're running applications with administrative privileges. That is, you need to manually launch the game with administrator rights.
80 Human Warrior
This is what I have hit. First time I tried I was told that I needed to repair, when I tried running launcher as Admin (in the correct manner) I was told the launcher had encountered an error and to contact tech support (so I came here... ;)).

FYI:

Running as Admin.
Win 7 x64
WoW is installed to E:\Games\WoW
Game client was working fine last night and shut down properly.

Repair tool says it has successfully repaired the client.
Edited by Polytechnic on 24/11/2010 10:44 GMT
Blizzard Employee
Hello Polytechnic,

Could you please try in Safe Mode with Networking?
http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article/19393

Please ensure your computer is connecting through an Ethernet adapter.
Edited by Krinskal on 24/11/2010 10:45 GMT
85 Gnome Mage
I don't have UAC active there for everything runs as admin. I've ran the repair successfully, but my client still says my installation is damaged.

For argument sake i've also enabled UAC and ran both the repair tool and my client as Administrator with the same end result.

My next resort is to try this on my home network as in one of the last patches of late, the patch would fail at about %15 because it was trying to contact Blizz during the installation and the firewall at work for what ever reason did not like the data being sent.

If I still have the same issue I will be a sad Gnome :(
Edited by Cuggles on 24/11/2010 10:54 GMT
85 Gnome Mage
I've resolved my issue by carrying out the update at home, meaning my router/firewall at work is still temperamental with some of the patches, or it could be that I went over the Blizzard Updater Log and found the following entry:

"This patch upgrades World of Warcraft from version 4.0.3.13287 to version 4.0.3.13329.
Installing World of Warcraft at "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\" on Wed Nov 24 10:41:40 2010.
Error: The file "C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Updates\wow-13287-13329-Win-final.MPQ" appears to be corrupt. You may need to download this file again."

So I deleted that file before I tried the update at home.

If anyone else has this problem please try an insecure/open router with port exceptions for Blizzard, disable firewalls and check your logs for corrupt files. Hope this will help some people.

85 Blood Elf Paladin
The "Run as admin" worked for me, so make sure to try it b4 reinstalling!
90 Orc Shaman
Thank you so much!
90 Undead Warrior
24/11/2010 10:45 AMPosted by Krinskal
Hello Polytechnic,

Could you please try in Safe Mode with Networking?
<a href="http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article/19393" target="_new">http://eu.blizzard.com/support/article/19393</a>

Please ensure your computer is connecting through an Ethernet adapter.

i have win xp sp3 and is not working this solution
Edit: if u have this problem just remove the launcher.exe from the wow folder and use repaire.exe. it worked for me just fine
Edited by Bibicu on 09/02/2011 12:10 GMT
Had the same problem. Tried reparing loads of times. It helped by doing it with administration .. :)
86 Human Mage
got the same problem, tried the run as administrator, this worked, but when i closed it snd tried again it didnt, now cannot get it to work at all.

thnx in advance
90 Undead Warrior
Ok at least here there's a reply ^^

So I'm running on Win 7

So same problem launcher is asking to run repair, I do it says there's no problem I retry it still asks for repair.

I tried EVERYTHING, deleting patch.mpq, wow.tfil, wow.mfil, cache, data/cache, WTF, interface. Wow.exe / launcher.exe and the shortcut are running as admin. (I kept backups ofc).

I tried to repair during several phases of the deleting process and once again after doing all the above at the same time. Repair still find no problem (maybe I should delete the Wow folder completely for it to say there's a problem).

Can someone give some piece of advice ? :)

Thx a lot.
85 Goblin Rogue
i need help too. did everythng and wanna play tonight that game...

how it's broken while i can play 1 day ago!
85 Goblin Mage
I Need help. Todays patch did this.

I just got this, "Your game installation is damaged, please run repair!"
I ran repair, it says, "Repair is complete, and no problems were found"
I then went back to check if i were able to enter WoW, I wasn't.

I tried this a couple of times but it doesn't work. I have Windows XP and new drivers, I tried to deliete all patch 1,2 and 3 MPQ files, didn't work, i can't run it in administrator. I tried to enter at WoW.exe it didn't work either. I also tried to enter through the launcher in the WoW map.

Whats left to do? I'd like to avoid to reinstall WoW.

Thanks in advance.
Customer Service
I Need help. Todays patch did this.

I just got this, "Your game installation is damaged, please run repair!"
I ran repair, it says, "Repair is complete, and no problems were found"
I then went back to check if i were able to enter WoW, I wasn't.

I tried this a couple of times but it doesn't work. I have Windows XP and new drivers, I tried to deliete all patch 1,2 and 3 MPQ files, didn't work, i can't run it in administrator. I tried to enter at WoW.exe it didn't work either. I also tried to enter through the launcher in the WoW map.

Whats left to do? I'd like to avoid to reinstall WoW.

Thanks in advance.

You might want to check you have the correct ownership of the wow files and folder.

How to take ownership in XP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308421
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]