Can recruit-a-friend be used without the XP boost?

(Locked)

86 Tauren Druid
Hello,
I'm recruiting a friend into WoW, especially looking forward to enjoying all the new cool zones in post-shattering Azeroth. I would like to use the RAF program for free gametime, friend summoning and a cool rocket, but would like to disable the experience bonus gain. After all, the new quests and content are built for a smooth flow.

Is it possible to disable the RAF experience bonus in some way?
85 Tauren Paladin
As long as you are not grouped you won't get the bonus experience.

I think that would be the easiest solution to your problem.
86 Tauren Druid
...not when the whole point is playing together :)

I'm pretty much guessing there'll be no way to do this, but figured there's no harm in asking here. I am somewhat surprised that I couldn't find any previous questions of this sort anywhere - though in the pre-shattering Azeroth it kinda makes sence to want to get through to TBC content as fast as possible :P

Ah well, unless Blizzard is able to come up with a solution, I guess it's just regular trial+upgrade and gaming without those extra benefits.
85 Tauren Paladin
...not when the whole point is playing together :)

I'm pretty much guessing there'll be no way to do this, but figured there's no harm in asking here. I am somewhat surprised that I couldn't find any previous questions of this sort anywhere - though in the pre-shattering Azeroth it kinda makes sence to want to get through to TBC content as fast as possible :P

Ah well, unless Blizzard is able to come up with a solution, I guess it's just regular trial+upgrade and gaming without those extra benefits.

Not being in a group doesn't prohibit you from playing together, but yeah it's a little less flexible with some quests.

I don't know if you can only remove the experience bonus though.
Customer Service
Sadly this isn't possible. In almost all cases players will want to level faster and gain triple experience, so when developing the recruit a friend service there was no need for a way to opt out of certain benefits.

The only way possible way to not gain additional experience (and still be grouped) that I can think of would be to sign up via RaF and then wait for the in-game benefits to expire (90 days). Bonuses such as free game time and the rocket mount can still be awarded even after 90 days have passed; the link between you is retained indefinitely so you wouldn't lose out on those.
85 Troll Hunter
Still, there is n o such a possibility to turn off this XP bonus ?
Customer Service
No, I'm afraid there isn't Xamper.

PS - Locking this thread as it dates back to 2010.

Edited by Hagut on 25/01/2014 17:32 GMT
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]