Malkorok HC Bloodrage......bug?

90 Undead Death Knight
So, we were doing Malkorok HC And we discovered that a death knight can VERY easily solo tank bloodrage on heroic with minimal effort. However when the other tank would run back in with all of his defensives up to soak the damage would not get split and he'd get the full hit however the DK would get nothing. So as we had some wipes and time progressed I was solo tanking bloodrage again and when I popped my ghoul I got one shotted aswell. I wonder if this is just a bug and how you guys have experienced it?
Reply Quote
90 Orc Hunter
If someone can easily solo it (which they should), why did the other tank run in? Imo he could be going around taking as many orbs as possible with a healer babysitting him instead of trying to interfer :P

Not sure how the solosoaking works exactly but we've had a Paladin do it in all our main runs and in an alt run I did there was a Monk who did it with ease. No pets were involved and no one else ran in.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
The more likely scenario is the second tank that ran in did so with stacks which increases his damage taken by 10% per stack. Since they take 30 seconds to fall off and he likely had ~15 or so it will kill him without huge mitigation.

Your dying can probably be explained by active mitigation dropping between one cleave to the next. It's 1.8mill per cleave.
Reply Quote
90 Night Elf Death Knight
I remember one of the regular posting blood dk's talking about that, all I remember though is you use the trinket from fallen protectors as an extra cooldown.

02/02/2014 16:46Posted by Dejadeux
Your dying can probably be explained by active mitigation dropping between one cleave to the next. It's 1.8mill per cleave.

Is that 1.8m before or after armor reductions? If it's before that sounds fairly manageable, though unmitigated hits would be very nasty and depends on how quickly the cleaves come, I can't remember, despite killing malkorok a few hours ago...

If that's after armor reductions, well, better you than me :P
Reply Quote
90 Human Priest
It's fairly common to have a solo tank for bloodrage. DK's and Monks can do it well as long as you rotate healer and tank CD's. Not tried solo tanking with any other class, I assume it's perfectly doable with the trinket that reduces aoe damage etc,.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Warlock
our warrior solotanks him too using the aoe dmg reduction trinket and some CD-s like sacrifice, pain supression etc
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Paladin
03/02/2014 03:12Posted by Kronon
It's fairly common to have a solo tank for bloodrage. DK's and Monks can do it well as long as you rotate healer and tank CD's. Not tried solo tanking with any other class, I assume it's perfectly doable with the trinket that reduces aoe damage etc,.

It's a complete joke for paladins. They have the perfect toolset for it and after about 10 seconds probably don't even require external heals because of vengeance boosted eternal flame.
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Death Knight
I think every tank with Rooks trinket can do it with minimal effort, provided they do not have stacks on from previous phase. I've heard and seen all tanks doing it by now and all it takes either gear, trinket or wise CD planning if 2 of the 1st one are slightly lacking.

Also for healers it is easier to focus on 1 target too, plan CDs or simply spam-away.
03/02/2014 02:53Posted by Komenasai
Is that 1.8m before or after armor reductions? If it's before that sounds fairly manageable, though unmitigated hits would be very nasty and depends on how quickly the cleaves come, I can't remember, despite killing malkorok a few hours ago...

If that's after armor reductions, well, better you than me :P

Well most of those hits go on absorb - 1st the miasma shield, then blood shield, but i think the actual swings were/are (with basic mitigation as DK) 630-640k-ish. Just they occur every 1 second (for 20 seconds) and the trinkets and IBF etc are shorter than this, so it varies. so the 1st hits are likely higher as are the last hits. On this fight I use my 'higher' stamina set up, so during Blood rage I have 1.5 mil Hp myself with vamp blood and all the temporary goodies and odd gear set up :)

To be more accurate me saying 'basic' mitigation contains likely my co-tank using vigi on me and rogue smoking some point, as I know them always using CDs, when due. But I myself do not do much else than boneshield furing breath- DRW- > taunt - > army for 4 sec, then launch trinkets and spam death strike, pact and look pretty. However I am quite sure I don't get always pain sup nor iron bark.
Edited by Azryel on 03/02/2014 14:32 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Human Paladin
I can solo soak it without Rook trinket with 15 + stacks easily, don't know what you are doing.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]