Can I delete WoW\Data\Cache folder contents?

85 Tauren Paladin
D:\World of Warcraft\Data\Cache

Will anything extraordinarily bad happen like the game not running and such?

I just thought about it because its 7.81GB of cache files and do I need them or can I delete its contents without resulting in a problem same way as D:\World of Warcraft\Cache?
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Any ideas? I know it sounds dumb but still!!!
Reply Quote
90 Blood Elf Mage
Yes, you can delete it, but after you do so, your loading screens will be much longer (with the small progress bar below the big one), since the game will again repopulate the cache. So it won't work as a space saver.

E.g., if you want to copy your WoW folder to another computer fast, you can skip copying the ~8Gb data/cache folder.

I don't know details of this new caching mechanism, but I can't quite figure out how much performance you can gain if you cache ~8GB worth of data from the ~16GB normal data files.
Reply Quote
Customer Service
Hi,

You can delete this cache, however as explained this may result in longer loading screens as the game needs to rebuilt a local game cache.

This can some some performance issues and crashes however.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Paladin
Thanks for the responce. :) You can delete/lock this thred.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]