Radeon HD5870 Graphic Flicker in DX11

90 Orc Death Knight
I have a Radeon HD5870 and recently updated my graphic driver form Catalyst 10.10 to 10.11, and since doing so noticed that some objects such as trees, huts and grassland areas, flicker when my character moves around. It's as if I'm looking at a disco-ball when flying around and looking at the leaves of a tree. However, this only happens in DX11 mode. In DX9 it works perfectly without any issue.

One strange thing I noticed after updating my drivers and checking the display tab in dxdiag on Windows 7x64, was that my DDI version displayed 10.1 instead of 11. Fortunately I found a fix from Microsoft which returned it to 11 but the problem still persists. I have tried numerous Catalyst drivers such as 10.9, 10.10a, 10.10d and 10.10e and they all have the same problem in DX11. This issue did not exist before updating from 10.10.

For the record, I have performed a clean install of the above drivers and uninstalled my old drivers thoroughly by using Driver Sweeper.

While the game runs fine in DX9 I prefer the increased performance DX11 provides and very slight graphic enhancement to water reflections. If anyone can provide a solution I would be most grateful as am at a complete loss as to what it can be. It's even more confusing as Dirt 2 runs fine in DX11.
Edited by Volanaro on 03/12/2010 15:16 GMT
Reply Quote
90 Orc Death Knight
To update in case anyone else comes across the issue, I have corrected the above problem on two occasions by restoring the default settings option on the game launcher. Still lost at to why this happens and seems like I am one of only a minority of users with the issue.
Reply Quote
6 Human Mage
I've also noticed that in the DX11 setting, you can't leave the game properly by pressing the 'Start' button on your keyboard, or alt+tab.
Reply Quote
80 Night Elf Druid
I have flicker on water, but mainly with my UI. Maybe its an ATi issues as I'm using a 4890
Reply Quote
85 Worgen Warrior
13/12/2010 11:48Posted by Egtheliona
I've also noticed that in the DX11 setting, you can't leave the game properly by pressing the 'Start' button on your keyboard, or alt+tab.

This exactly.I cannot fully alt tab cause it gets stucked in the background.Also i noticed today that the logging screen is black now.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
noticed that some objects such as trees, huts and grassland areas, flicker when my character moves around

Exactly same problem for me, since few days...i'm on Radeon 5750!
Edited by Rosanigra on 24/03/2011 17:47 GMT
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
I am having the same problem since Cata launch. Artefacts when using DX11 mode, but OK
when using DX9.

Screenshot: http://i883.photobucket.com/albums/ac40/pictureaap/WoWScrnShot_121510_181602.jpg
Effect is more dramatic when moving.

I already made a ticket here (http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1267108026), but blues didn't come up with a solution that worked.

I am using an ATI HD5850 with the latest Catalyst drivers 11.3 and the problem still persists.
Reply Quote
85 Tauren Priest
How's the fps for you guys while raiding? I've had problems ever since cataclysm came out and thought it might be my gfx card getting a bit old so I decided to upgrade it into a ati radeon hd 5670 - not a pro card by any means - but should easily be able to run wow on decent graphics. However I got some terrible lag on some encounters, no matter what settings/addons etc i use or don't use. No idea what is wrong really, any proposals are most welcome.

Should probably mention im also running dx 11 with the latest ati drivers.
Edited by Zallie on 01/04/2011 05:06 BST
Reply Quote
Blizzard Employee
Could you try resetting your Catalyst settings to the defaults.

1. Right click on your desktop, open up Catalyst Control Center.

2. If you do not have Advanced options to begin with, make that happen.

3. In the upper right hand corner of the window, go to Options.

4. Go down to Preferences.

5. Select Restore Factory Defaults.

6. Try playing the game again using your usual settings.
Reply Quote
100 Gnome Warlock
I reset my Catalyst settings to factory defaults, but the problem is still there.
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
any more blue posts???
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
just want to point that i'm still with that issue...
Reply Quote
85 Night Elf Druid
I have the same issue!
Reply Quote
Same here. Started 2 days ago. Il try the blue post when i have the time. Hope it fixes it. till then no flying.

i reset to factory defaults. No luck. :(
Edited by Txu on 13/06/2011 12:37 BST
Reply Quote
100 Human Mage
Still waiting...
Reply Quote
Make sure you're running on the latest catalyst drivers, which should be the 11.6 drivers now.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]