Can't unlearn secondary profession..... why?

(Locked)

85 Blood Elf Rogue
Hello Blizzard, can you explain why I can't get rid of any of these utterly useless secondary professions ???
I have learned first aid by mistake because some people told me to when I was starting my career in WoW and obviously I made terrible mistake and listened to them.
Now I can't get rid of it no matter what, I was contacting like three game masters by in-game tickets and senior game master by e-mail and none of them can help me with removing this crap from my characters.

They give me some pathetic excuse that I can simply not use it but when I browse my profession pane then first aid is still there trashing my character and frustrating me to edge of my sanity.

I pay my hard earned money for playing my characters and I don't have full control over them, this is ridiculous I can abandon primary profession which is much more important but can't remove secondary crap.

At this moment only way to remove secondary profession is to delete character and create new one which shows how amateur Blizzard's development is.
They don't even give warning while speaking to trainer that once you learn secondary profession it will reside in your character pain till end of days.

I have written this post in the name of my person and several friends that share my point of view and wish to see changes in gameplay allowing to unlearn secondary professions on player's demand.

ThX
MVP
90 Gnome Mage
Because they don't want you to, working as intended. There's not really much else to say about it. There's no reason to remove it because the only thing you could put there would be it again, and people removing something by mistake would probably be a bigger problem than someone that doesn't want to have it at 1/75 and doesn't want to level it.

If 1/75 first aid is trashing your character, so does not having 450 cooking/fishing/first aid.
85 Human Priest
This is the Profession forum. It sounds like you took a wrong turn somewhere on your way to the Suggestion forum, where you can suggest changes to the game.
90 Gnome Rogue
05/12/2010 11:28Posted by Maevía
Hello Blizzard, can you explain why I can't get rid of any of these utterly useless secondary professions ???
I have learned first aid by mistake because some people told me to when I was starting my career in WoW and obviously I made terrible mistake and listened to them.
Now I can't get rid of it no matter what, I was contacting like three game masters by in-game tickets and senior game master by e-mail and none of them can help me with removing this crap from my characters.

They give me some pathetic excuse that I can simply not use it but when I browse my profession pane then first aid is still there trashing my character and frustrating me to edge of my sanity.

I pay my hard earned money for playing my characters and I don't have full control over them, this is ridiculous I can abandon primary profession which is much more important but can't remove secondary crap.

At this moment only way to remove secondary profession is to delete character and create new one which shows how amateur Blizzard's development is.
They don't even give warning while speaking to trainer that once you learn secondary profession it will reside in your character pain till end of days.

I have written this post in the name of my person and several friends that share my point of view and wish to see changes in gameplay allowing to unlearn secondary professions on player's demand.

ThX

The only reason to unlearn a profession is so you can replace it with a new profession, a all secondary professions can be learned there is no reason to be able to unlearn.

First Aid is an important skill in most cases and can save a lot of downtime in leveling and keep you alive in PVP.

Go level it and use it... If you think your friends lied to you, the problem is you, not the inability to unlearn the skill.
90 Troll Priest
I'll actually give you some bonuspoints for finding a previously unexplored venue for whining. This has never been whined about before, grats!

As Lobotomy says, if 1/450 first aid is ruining your character then 0/450 first aid makes it even worse. Your best fix is easily available to you; level your profession!

85 Dwarf Shaman
Since the OP is obviously trolling, don't feed, report.
85 Blood Elf Rogue
05/12/2010 11:39Posted by Lobotomy
Because they don't want you to, working as intended. There's not really much else to say about it. There's no reason to remove it because the only thing you could put there would be it again, and people removing something by mistake would probably be a bigger problem than someone that doesn't want to have it at 1/75 and doesn't want to level it.

So they want players who made mistake and learned secondary crap simply to delete their characters and make new ones or just quit game because this is restricting customer's right to full control of character they made which is very frustrating for them.

I really don't know if I continue my subscription if they didn't find solution to get rid of secondary crap from my characters, they encourage to learn them without any warning that it will break character irreversibly and don't provide help in case someone doesn't want it on his character. What is this seriously ???
90 Night Elf Hunter
... without any warning that it will break character irreversibly ...

It's not your character that is broken....

In fact, it's not even your character, it belongs to Blizzard.

I really don't know if I continue my subscription ...

This is actually the only right you have.
Edited by Idoru on 05/12/2010 16:14 GMT
85 Draenei Warrior
Your face when you realise the bolded out words are subconscious commands to quit wow. This is not a troll. This is an elaborate psychological experiment.

Good attempt, Maevía. Good attempt.
90 Human Paladin
Your face when you realise the bolded out words are subconscious commands to quit wow. This is not a troll. This is an elaborate psychological experiment.

Good attempt, Maevía. Good attempt.

The bolded words

05/12/2010 11:28Posted by Maevía
utterly useless none of them pathetic excuse trashing frustrating money don't have delete characterwarning

No
Edited by Izziee on 06/12/2010 02:20 GMT
85 Draenei Warrior
That's from the first post. Which if you knew anything about psychology would instantly understand that they are negative key words that aim to link emotions with the wow experience.

The second post is the command
delete
quit game
irreversibly

You're not very good at this critical thinking business, are you?
Edited by Grettna on 06/12/2010 02:25 GMT
85 Orc Warrior
Everytime I check these forums I see trolls. Why doesn't blizzard give me the ability to delete these posts. Once they post, it's there on the forum forever. They are clogging up forumspace and wasting time for me and my friends.
90 Human Paladin
06/12/2010 2:24Posted by Grettna
That's from the first post. Which if you knew anything about psychology would instantly understand that they are negative key words that aim to link emotions with the wow experience.

The second post is the command
delete
quit game
irreversibly

You're not very good at this critical thinking business, are you?

You really don't have a clue what you're talking about do you. I bet you're one of those people who try to read something into everything. I can tell you ain't someone I'd want to take out on a night out.

Anyway to your point... no.
85 Draenei Warrior
Personally I would have thought the "Good attempt" x 2 would have been subtle enough for you to get that I was just joking and making an attempt to brighten up an obvious troll thread. Oh well, my own fault for trying to not be a #%** on the wow forums I guess.
06/12/2010 2:24Posted by Grettna
that they are negative key words that aim to link emotions with the wow experience.

Didn't work on me, I just thought 'what a time wasting plonker that should be banned'.
85 Human Death Knight
The OP should delete his character and quit the game. Its obviously going to fix alot of problems for many people.
85 Blood Elf Paladin
Part of me wants to be uber sarcastic, but there is always the great chance that this is a serious post so in the spirit of Xmas looming / Expansion looming and all the good will floating around...

Secondary proffessions (cooking, firstaid, archaeology and fishing) can be learned by everyone, and do not use up any of your proper primary / secondary proffessions slots.. i,e there is absolutely no need nor advantage to forgeting them at all, whether you use them or not, they do no harm to your character.

As a level 80, I suspect people are very surprised you dont know this and tend not to take you seriously.
85 Draenei Paladin
05/12/2010 16:02Posted by Maevía
05/12/2010 11:39Posted by Lobotomy

So they want players who made mistake and learned secondary crap simply to delete their characters and make new ones or just quit game because this is restricting customer's right to full control of character they made which is very frustrating for them.

I really don't know if I continue my subscription if they didn't find solution to get rid of secondary crap from my characters, they encourage to learn them without any warning that it will break character irreversibly and don't provide help in case someone doesn't want it on his character. What is this seriously ???

is he serious? i can't tell.
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]