Diablo® III

Black screen every 2 minutes of play

Same problem

Core2duo e8500 3.14
Nvidia GTS250
Windows 7 64
Game is freezing and showing me black screen for 2-10 seconds, sometimes it shows me my desktop.
I have latest nvidia drivers and directx installed.
Any ideas what can I do?
Reply Quote
Get the same issue - usually in internal areas, like the Cathedral. Screen goes black and the monitor flashes up no signal. Usually get a looping audio and the whole system locks up, can't even get back to the desktop.

I have reduced all graphics options, disabled shadows and FX. Checked my system and nothing is over heating, mem test passes also. Tried selective startup, had the latested nvidia drivers, changed to older and also beta drivers, also configured the game in Nvidia control panel.

...none of the above works - yet this is the only game I get this issue with.....

Phenom 925
4GB DDR2 Ram
GTX 280
Windows 7 64bit
Reply Quote
1 Troll Rogue
I'm going to borrow friends' GPU(which is supported) and look what happens then. If it improves the whole situation, then i'll buy new video card. If not - quit paying to blizzard.
Dot.
Thanks.
Edited by Boomkin#2141 on 16/05/2012 15:53 BST
Reply Quote
Intel e8400 dual core 3ghz
4gb ddr2 ram
BFG 9800gtx+OC
Random black screen and the driver stop responding message in the windows taskbar.
Reply Quote
The game causes the gpu driver to crash here too. I'm on i5 2600, AMD Radeon 7750.
Reply Quote
90 Gnome Warlock
I have the same problem with my Nvidia 250 GTS. Diablo 3 is the only game i have problems with.
Reply Quote
I've got the Gforce gtx560 soc and it glitches like hell for me right from the beginning. The funny thing is that the gtx560 ti is supported. So far the game is unplayable for me:(
http://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/D3supportedvideo
Edited by Polarbear#2239 on 16/05/2012 16:16 BST
Reply Quote
86 Goblin Hunter
Same problem

Looks like we will have to wait weeks before a potential fix... Pfft, I wouldn't mind but the game is hardly graphically intense!
Reply Quote
Got the same problem as you all, Are there any help yet ?
Reply Quote
same problem here, i have nvidia 260gtx. single graphics card, no SLI. :( Bud I'm glad I'm not alone with this problem. PLS blizz help us! ;)
Reply Quote
It is some sort of muscle memory leak
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
16/05/2012 16:56Posted by blackgoetia
It is some sort of muscle memory leak

Which means?
Reply Quote
85 Dwarf Priest
Please check original post for my updates to this error :)
Reply Quote
GTX 295 here...same black screen...lockup to hard boot. Seems to crash every time i try to go out the gate to talk to the guard about the second quest. Cant believe my video card is overheating for just that one moment. Tons of posts on mutiple forums about gtx cards and this isssue....just hoping that it will be patched soon. Really really starting to hate pc gaming. Wish this was out for my 360. Would be playing instead of posting. Sigh.
Reply Quote
Lowering the ingame fps to 60 did it for me. YEAH!!
Reply Quote
Lowing the ingame fps to 60, plus enforcing v-sync, plus lowering graphic details to medium reduces this problem to once every 20 mins, for my 5770. It sucks that I'm running my 5770 at 60% capacity, and the gpu temperature is never above 70C. Hopefully this gets fixed soon.
Reply Quote
Try this: solved the black screen for me:

Inside the folder libraries/documents/diablo III there is a file named "d3prefs.txt". Open it.

Change:
- DisableTrilinearFiltering "1" (from 0 to 1)
- HardwareClass "1" (from 0 to 1)

Save and play.
Reply Quote
Try this: solved the black screen for me:

Inside the folder libraries/documents/diablo III there is a file named "d3prefs.txt". Open it.

Change:
- DisableTrilinearFiltering "1" (from 0 to 1)
- HardwareClass "1" (from 0 to 1)

Save and play.

And what is this supposed to do?
Reply Quote
I have same problem but my card is GTX 460 and its supported but i got blackout everytime... How is possible if you say GTX 460 supported so why still im crashing... SOLVE THIS PROBLEM you failed too hard with servers up now we're getting Blackouts ...
Reply Quote
Same problem.

Clean install Windows 7 64 SP1 + updates + Diablo 3 and nothing more

NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GTX+ Black Edition and latest WHQL driver
2x2 GB RAM but tested also with 1x2 GB (mem test ok)
Phenom x3 Black Edition
Power Supply Tacens 560W

I also updated directX with websetup.
On my laptop (core i3, GT540M) game works fine but frame rate is much more lower because graphic card is not so fast like 9800 GTX+.
Edited by Black#2937 on 16/05/2012 21:31 BST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]