Diablo® III

Diablo 3 under major hacker attack, and was hacked.

(Locked)

translated from Danish:
Diablo 3 was yesterday the subject of a major hacker attack that has resulted in stolen accounts. The attack was the reason that many European servers were closed for up to four hours.

It grants Blizzard to Eurogamer.net, now that many gamers have complained about the lack of information on the official Battle.net forum.

At the forum, you can see several posts from people who have hacked their account with the result that all gold and all items are removed and transferred to others. Blizzard has backups of the characters from before the hacker attack and is currently working. to roll back the changes. The publisher can not guarantee that some accounts will not be lost forever.

I initially went the rumors on Battle.net forum that the long downtime was due to a SQL attack on Diablo database, but this is neither confirmed nor denied by Blizzard's side.

Reportedly, the hackers could get into accounts that would otherwise be protected by the Blizzard Mobile Authenticator.

Danish Article
http://www.eurogamer.dk/articles/2012-05-21-hackere-lukkede-diablo-3-server-i-gaard
21/05/2012 16:34Posted by Wilder
Reportedly, the hackers could get into accounts that would otherwise be protected by the Blizzard Mobile Authenticator.

This should be "allegedly", because at this point that is all that it is: an unverified claim.

I don't know whether or not there have been problems, or to what extend, or what (if there were any) they were caused by, what conditions needed to be met, etc.. What I do know is that of the seven people I play D3 with no one has been affected, and everyone does use an authenticator.
That's pretty crappy.

Wonder how they transfer to other characters. Maybe they should remove that feature.
85 Goblin Warlock
I HAVE NOT BEEN HACKED!
21/05/2012 16:41Posted by Mivo

This should be "allegedly", because at this point that is all that it is: an unverified claim.

I don't know whether or not there have been problems, or to what extend, or what (if there were any) they were caused by, what conditions needed to be met, etc.. What I do know is that of the seven people I play D3 with no one has been affected, and everyone does use an authenticator.

People are reporting that the use that, and still got hacked.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5149008932
I say its bang on the money

Remember this was no PLANED downtime you normal get a Hour warning this was 5 Min

Huge down time 5 hrs

Now 24 hours later 1000's of acc's "Hacked"..

=

BLIZZ GOT PWNED
Edited by TreXeh#2913 on 21/05/2012 16:48 BST
Blizzard time to buy oracle servers?

Remember this was no PLANED downtime you normal get a Hour warning this was 5 Min

Huge down time 5 hrs

=

BLIZZ GOT PWNED

well lets hope the learn about this, and all about there online crap... ;-)
90 Pandaren Rogue
Assumptions and nothing else.
If anything, why would a danish site know this first?

Blizzard time to buy oracle servers?

lolwut?
Edited by MacHaggis#2236 on 21/05/2012 16:53 BST

Huge down time 5 hrs

=

BLIZZ GOT PWNED

well lets hope the learn about this, and all about there online crap... ;-)

You would think they would of learned from WoW? i mean they kinda invented MMORPGing
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
Oh look! Conspiracy theories!
Assumptions and nothing else.
If anything, why would a danish site know this first?

It grants Blizzard to Eurogamer.net, now that many gamers have complained about the lack of information on the official Battle.net forum.

but could be nice to get a respond from blizz. off. here.
I can confirm this. I got hacked, and lost everything....
85 Night Elf Death Knight
21/05/2012 16:52Posted by Danellos
Oh look! Conspiracy theories!

Possibly the worst MVP post I have ever seen.

No one's throwing around conspiracy theorys,

People just want to know what happened yesterday, and hacking reports are starting to show up on the forums, so people have a right to want to know what is going on.

And considering that Blizz refuse point blank to comunicate on the EU forums then its fairly obvious that people will go searching on other sites for info.

in short

Shut up
MVP - WoW, StarCraft II
I hope people are aware that Blizzard has a privacy statement to adhere to.

By law, if their systems are hacked, and their customers' accounts are hacked, they have to come to the public about it and inform their customers. If they do not do that, they can face serious consequences.

Hence, just mere theories.
Edited by Danellos#2220 on 21/05/2012 17:06 BST
LOL in a ticked I opened a few hours ago they told me that It was my fault for being hacked...
21/05/2012 17:05Posted by Urial
LOL in a ticked I opened a few hours ago they told me that It was my fault for being hacked...

Still havent had a response, Guess they go home soonish as well
My roommate and one of my friends got hacked too, hacker even killed my roommates hardcore champpion. Both of them lost all items and money, blizard rolled back their accounts and both lost loads of items and lots of levels. Blizard also replyed that the account can only be rolled back twice. My rommates computer was just bought for diablo, he had almost no other programs, had not visited any suspicious sites and we ran a virus scan, but no keylogger or trojans were found.
I hope people are aware that Blizzard has a privacy statement to adhere to.

By law, if their systems are hacked, and their customers' accounts are hacked, they have to come to the public about it and inform their customers. If they do not do that, they can face serious consequences.

Hence, just mere conspiracy theories.

the should come out and say it, so people could change there password, just in case....its weird, that the say it on eurogamer, but i trust them in this, why should the say this otherwise?? what to gain??

this is also important to read:

This reporter, after having her own account with authenticator hacked, firmly believes this is a serious security breach on Blizzard’s side, though they either do not want to admit it, or are still unaware of the problem. Many who have had their account on Diablo 3 hacked were logged in at the time of the hack and support staff tells them there was no evidence of their account being hacked. That indicates there is an exploit in the system being taken advantage of.

http://www.examiner.com/article/accounts-on-diablo-3-hacked
This thread is locked.

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]