Diablo® III

Auction House probably getting owned by hackers now

with that wierd "maintance" on saturday i woudnt be suprise it that was some hacking issue....
Reply Quote
22/05/2012 10:41Posted by BadHabitZz
with that wierd "maintance" on saturday i woudnt be suprise it that was some hacking issue....

Yea... or maybe it was the latency issues where people had over 2000ms... Who knows....
Reply Quote
I still have terrible latency so i dont know about that, tought that 1000-1500 ping didnt appear after that maintance and now its just 200-500 (LOL)...
Edited by BadHabitZz#2666 on 22/05/2012 10:44 BST
Reply Quote
22/05/2012 10:39Posted by WarBaby2
Seriously Blizz... you have a server/database security team? You couldn't see this coming?

You build a multi-billion dollar company, game and servers and then we'll talk.
Reply Quote
22/05/2012 10:44Posted by BadHabitZz
tought that 1000-1500 ping didnt appear after that maintance and now its just 200-500 (LOL)...

You should contact support then, I'm usually playing around 70-100ms
Reply Quote
If it is a hacking extravaganza up in here then we will most certainly face mass roll backs to account for any items that may have been acquired illegaly. If it is as large scale as everyone makes it out to be, I can almost assure it will happen, as it has been their solution for past experiences. An incident of this supposed magnitude would be too tedious to modify individual accounts to restore balance to the economy and restore the mass amount of accounts to their pre-hacked state.
Reply Quote
They just took the AH offline lol
Reply Quote
AH down ;o
Reply Quote
They can't delete stolen gold, which is the case here.

Steal gold > buy stuff > sell stuff in RMAH > make cash. D3 money laundering.

They can follow the transactions, all trades are also logged, they can just check compromised accounts trade logs and ban the gold receiving side

This is yet another episode in a long line of fails. I knew I was right when I told all those SW:ToR players that that launch was far from a catastrophe. This is well on its way of becoming one of the glitchiest, faultiest launches. And all because of the greed to introduce an (RM)AH. Serves them right.

Imagine that the gold stolen has already changed hands a gazillion times. I really see no way how they can track all the stolen and traded gold sine at some points in this laundering scheme innocent users are involved.

E.g. A steals gold and items from B
A sells items to C (legitimate player - le) on the AH
A uses stolen gold to buy items from D (le) on the AH
A uses the money from items sold to C (le) to buy more stuff
A sells the stuff he bought with C's money to buy more stuff
A sells the stuff he bought from D for money
A has effectively laundered all stolen gold into legitimate items/gold

Now replace A with XYZ since obviously a hacker will not use the account he used for hacking to trade

Either way, the gold and items are long gone, not to mention that most hackers got out scott free from the alleged attack two days ago since every account that got its items back was restores to a Savepoint, it was not a case of returning the stolen items from the hacker and the hacker being banned. Hopefully I'm wrong but if this whole debacle is true and hackers did hit Blizzard and they just cleaned out the AH, I fear the economy is forever compromised.

Hopefully it's just another hiccough.

edit: aaaaand the AH is down again
Edited by Darkmack#2978 on 22/05/2012 10:58 BST
Reply Quote
Quite happy that AH is down, I hope it's a reaction to this topic... there is no legendary items for sell at all anymore.
Reply Quote
Ops, AH is down now...
Reply Quote
It's down? Weird. I just bought a new weapon from it. :o
Reply Quote
As I stated earlier, if they determine the economy is compromised, we can expect a roll back to before the first incidences took place, or basically get the same that happened to ladder players when they would patch D2. I played HC ladder so it's something I was very familiar with, that said it isn't gonna stop me from playing and then rerolling toons if they deploy such a fix.
Reply Quote
22/05/2012 10:45Posted by TheCutter
You build a multi-billion dollar company, game and servers and then we'll talk.

I work in IT security, thank you, and I bet Blizz is one of the companies that have a 2% budget for network security...
Reply Quote
my 10 items i had on auction has dissaperd ..

eny1 ellse have this?
Edited by Wikman#2620 on 22/05/2012 11:07 BST
Reply Quote
There seems to be some sort of bot searching and buying underpriced items. Just to try it out I put up some items on ah with about 50% of the price compared to items with the same stats, they all sold within 1-2 second after I press the button.
Reply Quote
.... so those idiots who listed their items for 20mil per weapon actually got paid now? how cool..
Reply Quote
My list of items I had up for auction is back so as I said might have just been a hiccough.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]