Diablo® III

Blizzard sues Diablo 3 Blizzkrieg Bot Developer

Great news and GJ Blizzard. The pathethic reply from the developer is priceless. Show no mercy.

http://d3.gameguyz.com/node/2598.html
Reply Quote
Excellent! That is the way to go!
Reply Quote
GJ suing a guy who clearly seems like he has everything going for him. /sarcasm off

his story might just be a lie, but it's retarded to sue the developer either way.

Should they go sue the guys who made autohotkey or autoit as well? Those programs do the same thing, without the added bonus of having the scripts pre written.

But my post is probably going to be met by hundreds of angry 12 year olds who just don't get it.

To clarify: I oppose botting, I give all my friends !@#$ about it who actually do it. But suing a developer just to give the public the impression that you're "fighting botting" is a horrible horrible idea. Most serious botters make their own bots anyway.
Edited by Posid#2238 on 31/10/2012 10:52 GMT
Reply Quote
How can they sue him?

He has done nothing against any law... just programmed a piece of code that CAN be used to break Blizzard TOS.

This is pathetic, instead of implementing measure to prevent botting, they are suing random people around the world...

Its doomed to failure because another one will do the same.

Like the state imprisoning marihuana consumers instead of focusing on how to solve drug problems on a large scale.
Reply Quote
How can they sue him?

He has done nothing against any law... just programmed a piece of code that CAN be used to break Blizzard TOS.

This is pathetic, instead of implementing measure to prevent botting, they are suing random people around the world...

Like the state imprisoning marihuana consumers instead of focusing on how to solve drug problems on a large scale.

You answered your own question Bro, The AH can be used to make thousands of dollars, So offcourse making software for the sole purpose of making money is illegal.
Reply Quote
So all the weapons manufacturers should be sued right there from the bat, cause you know, guns can be used to kill stuff... Failest logic ever.
Reply Quote
How can they sue him?

You answered your own question Bro, The AH can be used to make thousands of dollars, So offcourse making software for the sole purpose of making money is illegal.

Can't figure out if you're serious.

95%+(number thrown out my !@# but you get the point) of all software is made to make you money. Either it saves you time which you can used to make money. Or it makes you money directly by selling it.

You do know the majority of all selling/buying going on in the stock market is bots right? You don't see people getting banned from irl.

But I'm betting this thread is going to get closed, Blizzard is usually pretty anal about public discussion about their actions on the forums. You know, they like their image and all.

I just feel like I need to say that I actually like blizzard, this is just the kind of !@#$ you have to deal with when you're big and corporate. Legal departments trying to do everything they can, threatening etc.
Edited by Posid#2238 on 31/10/2012 11:03 GMT
Reply Quote
So, what did he do. what kind of bot did he code???
Reply Quote
31/10/2012 10:55Posted by Cheese
So offcourse making software for the sole purpose of making money is illegal.

You are wrong on so many levels. Every software ever made was made for the sole purpose of making money.

The wrongdoing is using the software for illegal purposes.

And there is nothing illegal in buing and selling stuff on the AH.

Its agains the Blizzard TOS, not any law.

That means Blizzard must protect itself by implementing countermeasures.

Not suing, which BTW wont solve anything because there are countless bots, some self made.

PS. I bet my barbarian with full gear that the guy wont be incarcerated. because that would be agains EU human liberties.
Edited by marsovac#2732 on 31/10/2012 11:02 GMT
Reply Quote
Good, let's get these people out of the game and made an example of.
Reply Quote
31/10/2012 10:58Posted by Posid
Legal departments trying to do everything they can, threatening etc.

It would be better if they assembled an "antibot development team", and this problem would be solved forever in a short timespan.

BUT... they dont want to solve the problem, they just want publicity, to impress idiots who think this is actually doing something good for the game and for themselves.
Reply Quote
31/10/2012 11:00Posted by marsovac
So offcourse making software for the sole purpose of making money is illegal.

You are wrong on so many levels. Every software ever made was made for the sole purpose of making money.

The wrongdoing is using the software for illegal purposes.

And there is nothing illegal in buing and selling stuff on the AH.

Its agains the Blizzard TOS, not any law.

That means Blizzard must protect itself by implementing countermeasures.

Not suing, which BTW wont solve anything because there are countless bots, some self made.

PS. I bet my barbarian with full gear that the guy wont be incarcerated. because that would be agains EU human liberties.

Offcourse not every piece of software for making money is illegal.

But this guy signed the AH TOS just like everyone else, If he breaks them, then its illegal. Offcourse everyone who breaks the TOS isnt going to get sued, But theres always one guy who gets made an example off.
Reply Quote

And then that person will also get sued.
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
I like it, if everyone who hacks, bots, dupes in their games got slapped with huge fines the hackers, botters and dupers would soon disappear.

@Blunt, that's just harsh. He broke the rules he needs to pay but your comments were crude and cruel.
Edited by Fean#2616 on 31/10/2012 11:14 GMT
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
im just praying they dont A take my pc or B send me to jail. I really didnt think Blizzard would ever go this far.

Love the way hes like "A take my pc, and B send me to jail..."

He's more worried about his pc being taken then going to prison :D
Reply Quote
What kind of bot did he make?
Edited by Garuda#2491 on 31/10/2012 11:17 GMT
Reply Quote
- Diablo III
View profile
Auction house bot
Edited by D3MON#2220 on 31/10/2012 11:19 GMT
Reply Quote
wow ... just wow .. this is brilliant advertising for this bot
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]