Necromancer

28 Jun Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the Diablo III discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of Diablo III with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the Diablo III community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The Diablo III forums are for discussion of topics directly related to Diablo III The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to Diablo III, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Vaneras0 28 Jun
5d Arm of King Leoric - Item suggestion (This topic is part of my "Let's save the Necromancer" project.) Dear Blizzard! This is an item suggestion to improve the weaponary of the Necromancer. I will try to explain why I think this weapon would make sense, how does it fit to the current items and compare it with some items. 1) Intro The suggested item ... So the idea is, the Skeletons will benefit from the active damage boost, the ability of the rune without being commanded. It would still not take away the use of the Command option because they are not focusing on the same target. It would not trigger the Bone Ringer ( https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/bone-ringer-P6_Unique_Phylactery_02 ), only if they get a Command. It would be also a nice possible choice of a main hand with the Bone Ringer. This item also would be in nice synergy with the Bloodsong Mail ( https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/bloodsong-mail-P6_Necro_Unique_Chest_21 ). Probably it can be an interesting choice for the cube too. I think this design is loyal to the old Arm of King Leoric ( http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/exceptional/uwands.shtml ) with a new style what is matching much more with the style of the Diablo 3. 2) Compersions I could make a long compersion list here with several items but I would like to make only 3 of them, focusing on the summoning aspect to be able to reason about the power of this Scyhte I suggest. Targ'oul's Corroded Fang ( https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/tragouls-corroded-fang-P6_Unique_Scythe1H_02 ) ... This scythe is designed to boost every single type of damage in a cost of including curse or the possibility of cursing with other item or ability - what is a fair cost for the power. It can be in cube. A 150-200% damage boost on every single skill (included the minions). Scythe of the Cycle ( https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/scythe-of-the-cycle-P61_Unique_Scythe1H_03 ) ... This scythe is often used to boost the damage of the Skeletal Mage. And yes it includes the Bone Armor to be active - what is reasonable for the huge boost - and gives a giant boost. It can be in cube. A 400% basic damage skill boosted with 350-400% damage. Jesset Arms ( https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/jesseth-skullscythe-P6_Unique_Scythe1H_04 ) ( https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/jesseth-skullshield-P6_Unique_Shield_01 ) ... This scythe is a set item, includes another part to be active. Gives a giant boost but not a possible cube item or an item to be used with as a Scythe only - what is reasonable. Automatic target saves lot of Essence and time with commanding. But the same time it turns the skill to a simple one target skill, instead of a classic summoner "more target" skill. A 400% damage boost on every single summoner skills. (Skeleton, Mage, Revive, Golem...) At this point you can see the item I suggested is not over powered, since it is only effecting 1 skill (not all skills or a skill group/type). The damage boost is not too much, compared with the expamples above. And it would open a new playstyle, instead of keeping the Skeletons on 1 target, it let them act as a regular summoner skill. Maybe it is not even strong enough compared with the other options, this will need tests in the future. 3) Outro So maybe this can be the 4th 1 handed legendary scythe, since there are 4 legendary phylactery (without counting the Jesset items). I think it doesn't even need any special design (not only because the other scythes are also look very simple), the original item was a 'simple' wand, so I suggest the Apprentice's Scythe picture and model. I hope you like the idea and it will get a place in the game. Thanks for reading my lines! Zkzeka0 5d
6d Bloodsong Mail - Problem/Solution (This topic is part of my "Let's save the Necromancer" project.) Dear Blizzard! The item I will talk about here is the Bloodsong Mail: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/bloodsong-mail-P6_Necro_Unique_Chest_21 I think the item was designed on a good idea but to be as useful as it was imagined it needs some change. 1) Intro The basic idea is to give a nice boost for the Command Skeleton skill. It was even worse before because it activated all the runes for the Command Skeleton included the Kill Command what killed every single Skeleton, made the other rune effects useles. This alone hardly questioning how the creators testing their ideas, but for now this issue is fixed. Sadly this item is still not as good as it should be. 2) Problem The main problem is it requires the Land of Dead to be active. Since there are not enough skills or items to reduce the colldown on the Land of Dead or it would cost to lose several damage boosting stats from the items, it turns out the item isn't good enough this way. The cooldown reduce is a hard issue and that is a big problem if a single unique item need this much extra work around to be useful. Most of the unique item effects are powerful just by themself or only need a tiny changes in every other skills and items. It is clear that this item doesn't have any item or cube space in the nowdays power creep set builds, this alone should be enough reason to make it useful as a stand alone item. 3) Solution Fixing this item is super simple. It doesn't need a big change, just a tiny edit on the text. Currently it is like this: ... The way how it would be useful, without damaging the basic design of it: ... This change would make the item: Useful all the time (active) A more relevant choice to use it in the cube Keep the ultimate "once in a while" power (Land of Dead - all runes)... ...without forcing the player to use every source of cooldown reduction to be able to benefit from it sometimes 4) Outro I did not wanted to make a huge list of unique items with skill damage boosting ability. There are many of them for much bigger basic damage skills with much higher extra damage boosting. Based on this I think my suggestion is absolutely relevant. I hope you will see it the same way. Thanks for reading my lines! Zkzeka0 6d
6d Number of Skeletons - Problems/Calculations/Solutions (This topic is part of my "Let's save the Necromancer" project.) Dear Blizzard! I would like to share my disappointment, some compersion and solution about the most iconic skill of the Necromancer, the Skeletons (Command Skeletons). Like everyone else, I also thought the skeleton army will be an option (just like it was in Diablo 2). I think the number of Skeletons need to be increased. 1) Intro The basic skill design is really nice, you get skeletons summoned without the a need of extra actions (clicks, cost) and without the need of corpses (what was a pain many times in Diablo 2). They are functioning as an army to destroy several minions or keep them busy or make a "living" wall around the Necromancer. It is also possible to command them to focus on one enemy, it is very useful vs elits and bosses. So it offers a playstyle where the Necromancer can focus on giving commands to his army, instead of constant worry about corpses and resource source. I really like this full modern skill design! The only problem is the number of them (and their power, but that will be probably another topic). 2) Compersion - between Command Skeletons and other Necromancer summoner skills I was always wondering why the number of the Command Skeletons is 7. I thought it has something to do with the "meaning" of the number 7, like the 7 prime evils or the 7 sins. Other Necromancer summoning skills ... Yes I know they are limited by time but still it would make perfect sense if there was - at least - 10 Command skeletons too. Not long ago, I spoted in the advertisement video of the Necromancer ( https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/ ) the probably original idea. There are 7 Skeletons and 3 cool looking mages. So it looks like the skill was going to have 10 minions in the first place. 3) Compersion - between some other summonings and Command Skeletons The necromancer was always the king of all summoners (mostly with skeletons). Let's check some other - not time limited - summonings from the game with different item, skill and cube power combinations. Witch Doctor ... Monk ... Demon Hunter ... All this characters can benefit from the number of the summoned minions with damage bonus and/or damage reduce via different items, skills, cube powers. How can be the necromancer so near or even under this numbers...? 4) Compersion - between Diablo 2 Raise Skeletons and Diablo 3 Command Skeletons At the start of Diablo 2 every single skill point gave a new Skeleton for the Necromancer, not to mention the items, but they was weak and needed a fix later. After several years and patches the skill got some nice balance in Diablo 2 and instead of many weak, we got a lower amount of strong skeletons. Raise Skeleton in Diablo 2 with skill points ... In this point it looks like the 7 and 8 are not that far, but it was possible to increase the skill with items forward. Diablo 2 items to increase the Raise Skeleton skill ... So without a single charm in the inventory it was possible to reach the Raise Skeleton level 40 with a full inventory of skill charms the level 55. Raise Skeleton in Diablo 2 with skill points + items and charms ... If we even add the an effect of a Skill shirne - what was part of Diablo 2 with the effect +2 all skills levels for a short time - it is even possible to reach the level 57. Raise Skeleton in Diablo 2 with skill points + items and charms + skill shrine ... And before anybody say: "Okok, but Diablo 3 necromancer can also use Mages and Revives", well Diablo 2 Necromancer was able to do that too. With the similar skill+item calculation what I made above it was possible to reach even higher level on those skills. I know it is the Diablo 3, a different game and no need to go back in time. I don't even want to, it was just a few information I wanted to mention. 5) Solutions I think it is more than logical to "fix" this issue and increase the number of Command Skeletons. I have listed some ideas, any of them can work. Easy way - Increase the cap This is the most simple way, increase the Command Skeleton's Skeleton cap to 10 (or more?). Diablo 2 way - Items It is a possibility to add the option to some of the Necromancer's unique items +1 maximum Command Skeleton. (Probably in the future I will make an item suggestion topic or topics anyways.) Hard way - Passive skill I was really looking for the Skeleton mastery skill in the passive skill group of the Necromancer but there was not. Maybe the Commander of the Risen Dead can be changed and instead of essence cost reduce, it can give 3 (or more) Skeletons. - or - The Commander of the Risen Dead can be separated to 2 passive skills, Skeleton mastery and Golem mastery. Where the Skeleton mastery give more Skeletons (and maybe a bit damage boost) for the Command skeleton and the Golem mastery keep the golem part of the Commander of the Risen Dead passive. Elegant way - Reanimation Maybe this would be the most elegent and unieuq way. Half of the Reanimation skills (Command Skeletons and Command Golem) has Active and Passive part. So it can be used on the Army of Dead and Land of Dead too, in a way to put the skills how they are now behind an "Active:" tag and add a "Passive:" for both with the ability "Increase the maximum number of Command skeletons". If the goal is 10, I think the best is +1 for the Land of Dead - since it is a strong skill already and +2 for the Army of Dead - because this skill is almost never used anyways. In my opinion it would be the most elegant since it would include all the Reanimation skills, it would still stay as unique compared with everything else. I am sure it would no need all the ways I suggested because that would limit the free choices a lot and it is already a big problem in Diablo 3, so I also wish to only one of the ideas. 6) Outro I hope it was possible to follow all the deatils I shared in this topic. I strongly believe it would be a logical and nice change for the Necromancer what most the fans would love. I hope the options I suggested are easy and makes sense. Thanks for reading my lines! Zkzeka0 6d
13 Jan Why Pay for Necromancer ? I have been playing blizzard games since 2004, I did play Diablo I and II back in the days, where the game was complete and I did purchase a game that was functional with complete content. Diablo III is an incomplete game @Blizzard. You are supposed to keep patching it, you are supposed to give us more content and the necromancer is part of that content. I have paid for an incomplete game and I am not satisfied, I do not want to pay for a dlc every time you want to introduce a new character. Keep the wings and the pets. We all paid for an incomplete game, how many years have passed and yet the auction house is still down ?? why ?Pestilencer163 13 Jan
04 Jan Nero nerfed ? Hello everyone. I have an issue with my necro. I`m using https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/necromancer-bone-storm-build-with-inarius-set-patch-2-6-1-season-12 build with little changes. I was off for few weeks and now i got back to the game but there is something wrong. I made GR 78 before i got away but now i can`t make even GR 72 ?!? Is there any changes or i do it wrong. I changed my legendary gems cuz i used my previous for other characters. That`s my necro - https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SantaMuerto-2898/hero/95206057 . Please help me.SantaMuerto3 04 Jan
01 Jan Rathma set advice. Hello guys, as i'm very casual player i would like to hear some suggestion or even maybe a help how to properly set up Rathma set. My max GR level is 73. On 74th it's enough damage.. Any suggestions would be great. Profile: https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Airizu-2846/hero/95105021Airizu2 01 Jan
01 Jan Help with my gear Hello guys, I started playing this season, so I am pretty new to the game. I am playing a Rathma necro and i have clear GR 84 so far, but the truth is if sth in the rift gets me, I am automatically dead. Can you please check my gear and tell me what to reroll or enchant and what am I looking for in terms of stats? I really want to start doing higher rifts. this is my profile. https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/antonistheox-2343/hero/101029745 Thanksantonistheox2 01 Jan
01 Jan Support with Command Skeletons There are roughly 2 types of necro supports: Death Nova: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Jskm-1507/hero/93069570 Bone Spear: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/wawoo-3383/hero/90608308 Death Nova build is pretty straightforward, but why do people keep taking Command Skeletons with decreased essence cost for Bone Spear one? When Land of the Dead is on cd you probably still should spam Bone Spear for Zodiac ring procs, when LotD is on you should still spam Bone Spear for same reason. So where is the room for Command Skeletons cast and what is it for?PainTrain2 01 Jan
29 Dec Necro CL Pest build advice I'm using the Pestilence set for the (likely standard) Pestilence Corpse Lance build. I've hit Solo GR 60 and I just find myself having to ask; Does end game solo for this build really boil down to nothing but waiting on CD's while getting one shot by charges/ranged for X seconds of god-tier clear? From what I've read the play style of this build is supposed to focus on "rounding up" a large mass, ideally with multiple elites, to blow the CD's on for nigh instant kills. Problem is enemies don't follow you very far, trying to "blink" around to "round up" enemies at all typically results in multiple deaths, and many map types seem designed against this entirely. Now I'm aware my toughness is low (my health is too low likely as I focused on CHC before realizing the build isn't supposed to use it) and I'm not surprised I'm getting one shot in Solo gr 60's since that's the limit I'm pushing. That said the build just feels so clunky I feel like I must be missing something. I have 46% CDR which is close to the reccomended 50, yet it still feels like this build is nothing but 70% waiting to do something fun and 20% dying to stray arrows/javelins.Quxudica11 29 Dec
29 Dec Opening doors as a curse necro ! How do u do it ? Is there a way ? Cause in GR i can't seem to be able to open doors or destroy items ~!Karkon5 29 Dec
25 Dec Finally, season 12 Primal Ancients drop! I got 2 in the same GR45 and a pretty decent Lord Greenstone... But Blackthornes were kind of not what I expected for my necro...ZeeLoyd1 25 Dec
22 Dec Blood 4 Blood passive question. Hi, I am currently running a blood mage build with Trag'ouls set. My question is, if you use the blood for blood rune, does it affect the damage done by the Trag'oul set bonus? Do you actually have to lose life from the skill to gain the bonus? I was using the passive that gives 2% life and essence per kill. When I switched to blood for blood, it seemed as if I wasn't doing quite as much damage. I also switched from esoteric gem to Zei's but since I am always running into the pack to use my devour, I don't think I am getting the most out of that gem. What's another damage gem you guys use? I use BotT and Enforcer right now.Chinchilla0 22 Dec
20 Dec Please destroy corpse lance. After having bought the necromancer, looking forward to perhaps a poison build or a pet build I end up drastically disappointed to see every single top tier build uses corpse lance as their main form of damage. A skill that is unbelievably boring to use. I don't like it, I don't like how I'm being pushed towards using it if I wanna try to compete with everyone else. As a side note, necromancer overall has been very disappointing. So far regretting my purchase and would 100% refund if possible.Bibby5 20 Dec
20 Dec GR Rathma Solo / Group - Problem with Onehit Death Hey Community About my Seasons - Necro https://eu.battle.net/d3/de/profile/AlexLid-2565/hero/101993624 I got a Problem as mentioned in my title: I die so easily in Solos, duos or 4-man groups.. An Arrow of white Mob is enough to trigge my Passive and a second Hit I cant take.. I tried all Variations of the Builds.. like for Example with the Curse-Belt -> I took out my Bonespike for an Curse but still I get onehits. When LOD is ready - I can take everyone down.. but if not Im instantly just kiting around Are there Necros out there that have the same Problem as me? Because like that.. I have to say its not funny to play Necro above GR 85+ Maybe its just a simple Mistake from me.. I dunno.. Or maybe its just that there are Ancients missing in my Gear Thanks already for your AnswersAlexLid2 20 Dec
14 Dec Skeletons look abysmal D3 destroyed the diablo universe for me after its amazing predecessors in D1 and D2. With plenty of WoW tokens to feed my blizzard balance I thought why not give my beloved necro a chance in D3. But damn how wrong I was: it's 2017 and my skeletons look like trash created by an intern who obviously likes a comic style - or you might think there is some graphical glitch which interferes with the real model: https://picload.org/image/rpdgwlli/diabloiii642017-06-2811-17-08-.png Picture of D2 skeletons from the diablo wiki: https://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/diablo/images/9/9d/SkeletonPlenty.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20150809155004DaedalusAI15 14 Dec
14 Dec For Devs - Necromancer's Skeleton graphics sucks I don't understand why the risen skeletons the necromancer have is so badly made. It look like they run around with plastic swords. if you go to your blacksmith - 1 of the first swords you can make in blue is more detailed. If we look at the armor they wear, this is so shiny that you almost can't see what is bone and what is armor. Why not make the sword and armor look more rusty and the bones of the skeleton look more natural bone.. The skeleton mobs running around is far more detailed and cool to look at instead of the risen skeletons of the Necromancer.Marauder2 14 Dec
13 Dec CDR on Necromancer My name is Alexdatiger #2424 and my Necromancer is called HelloKitty. I have a lv 70 580 paragon necromancer on seasonal on the European Server. I have 41% CDR, but it won't apply to my spells, I have the full pestilence set, I have the Borrowed Time rune for Decrepify (I've tried getting 20 stacks) and also I put my paragon points in CDR but still, my Land of the Dead remains at 120 seconds no matter what I do. I tried deleting and reberthing my character but it won't work. I have no idea what I should do and nobody had ever had this problem before. Thank you.Alexdatiger1 13 Dec
10 Dec Znecro advice needed Can you please inspect my znec and tell what could be changed/improved? https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/sp5it-1574/hero/95525761 Ring in cube is RORG. Thanks, Mikesp5it0 10 Dec
10 Dec Need the best build that goes with my gear hello Im looking for the best build that goes with the gear i have now for my necromancer.Now i know ya all going to say rathma build but theres so many of them i dont know whats the best one for the gear i have now.plz link the build too thx u for ur help.ps this is for NON SEASON! https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/nivil-21172/hero/99541141nivil3 10 Dec
06 Dec Oculus ring on follower not working with Rathma ?? i'm using using jesseth + rathma pets build I am getting zero oculus ring procs from my follower. Anyone else having this issue? is it intended or needs a fix ? this will help for sure in pushing GRs Regards,alwared19 06 Dec
06 Dec Necromancer advice Hi mates i need your help i play pesti solo GR necro . I make 99 now i have trouble with a 100+ (not even 100 make) wanna ask all players who can help give some advice tips how make it or what should i farm or whatever pls Ty for everyone to come here and help meHaligy2 06 Dec
06 Dec RATHMA FACEROLL SUMMONER 95+ BUILD ... Here is smooth and easy to play real summoner build. Make sure you read the build description. Gamestyle is incredibly fun and the dmg is amazing! Short description: Singularity mage on autocast get fueled by spike bones (Reilenas Shadowhook), devour an autocast and globes (spawned by life from death and mobs, essence from reapers wrath). Command skeletons with enforcer rune give dmg buff and control. Land of the Dead (massive globespam) is pure armageddon. ... ... If you like the build, please upvote and give +1 here and on diablofans, so more people see this and can enjoy the true necro pet build :)Melancholy38 06 Dec
03 Dec IRON ROSE PROC - WORKING AS INTENDED? Iron Rose offhand is one of the items that encourages build exploration and experiements and i am utterly loving the feel of the Trag'Ouls Blood Nova build im using. It has, however, an issue where the item specified rune for "Blood Nova" does not benefit from Trag'oul's set bonus unless the Blood Nova actualy sits on (y)our skill bar. I am aware the build is barely capable of doing t13 (unless you have horrendous paragon level) and is clearly not ment for greater rift pushes but rather some "aoe farm fun". Anyway, should the slot for Blood Nova be freed up, it would open the build for variations and yet not destroy its fun and "not progression" nature. Common consensus as far as i could tell is that the Iron Rose is bugged and needs fixing. And im not exacly sure about that. But since i actualy really enjoy the build and i care about me having fun - even though i can see the moderators dont frequently answer forum posts - i need to ask: Is the Blood Nova from Iron Rose supposed to not benefit from Trag'houl set bonus on its own and is not likely to recive any change at all or is it in fact a bug and we can expect a fix for it to benefit from the set bonus even when the actual skill is not hogging the skill bar? TL;DR: Is the proc from Iron Rose supposed to not benefit from Trag'ouls set bonus or is it a bug whitch is about to recive some fixing?Occultus1 03 Dec
02 Dec Stopped at Level IV....HELP! I am not sure what to do next. I finished the third set of tasks to get the Nec Armor set but can struggle at T1 and die a lot at TII. I read somewhere that I was supposed to get some pieces of the gear when I finished L2 and L3 but I got zip. How do I go about upgrading my gear so I can get the key guys at TIV?CyberSnow461 02 Dec
30 Nov Rathma 2.6.1 build Hi , So with the new rathma changes has anyone come up with adjustments to the build ? I’m thinking of running sycle of cycle , blood sucker and iron rose. Not sure what to swap command skeletons for ?Aljin1 30 Nov
28 Nov Cooldown as Rathma in group Hi I have noticed in the greater rift and rift it forward communitys that people request high sheet dps for Rathmas to join them but they don't seem to care about cooldown reduction. So I see a bunch of guys with like 3m sheet dps but only 10-20% CDR doesn't that significantly lower your dmg since you can't keep Simulacrum up for as long? Should I aim for less cooldown reduction when running in group vs solo and if so what is the reasoning behind this (more even dmg?) What is the sweetspot for CDR I should aim for in groups?Judgoz0 28 Nov
27 Nov Advices for building a strong necromancer I'm a great fan of Diablo 3, and the Necromancer... As it came out i bought it, and have been playing as much as i can..... I'm very low still on the paragorn levels, but i can't seem to find the good sets like everybody has here, or good equipment.... Either armour, or weapons.... There is a lot about the game that im still learning, a very big amount of things that i don't now..... Like puting my items with that purple circle on the right top part of the item..... I know that with the Necromancer the goal is to have as much intelligence as possible, what about vitality, i see most people in the top spots having less than 5000 vitality, i have 6000, but if i increase the intelligence will loose on vitaly, is it more important to have lots of damage so i can kill enemies faster without having to worry about vitality???? Which gem i have to use for the toughness??? And is it important to have only green gems in weapons???? Like i said... i play it a lot, but i am a big newbie..... need help, as i am getting addicted to the game everyday more and more, and would like to climb on the Paragorn levels so i can compete with everybody else.... What is the importance of the new gems??? I don't see anybody with them on the equipments ;)Goblin281 27 Nov
24 Nov Lacking damage on my Pestilence Build Right now with everything I have i'm sitting at 614k damage and I have no idea how to get it higher on then getting ChC and CHD on my Rose but I see people on the leaderboards with like 1 mill dps how is that possible?Carnality1 24 Nov
18 Nov Pestilence Lancer reroll question Hi, im new in necrobuilds and starts with Pestilence lancebuild. I found a nice primal tranghouls weap. https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Brandon-2296/hero/101561261 Need help. which stat shall i reroll? What is most importent, essence or cdr?Brandon1 18 Nov
17 Nov Necromancer "Frailty" is control impairing effect? Can anyone answer: Necromancer skill "Frailty" is control impairing effect?bankeris6 17 Nov
16 Nov Big disapointment. So iam long time Blizz and D1/D2/D3 FAN and i have to say most of times ia was really happy with all the stuff. But this Necromancer is just big disapointement to me. why ? here is my feedback: Lack diversity of builds ( rly strong ones) - most guys play with army of skeletons... just go play public game necromancers everywhere 99 form 100 got skeletons. Golems, Corpse explosion and some other nice stuff.... most people dont use them for Grifts ... I tried both they are nice maybe max to speed t13... i would be ashamend if i were u ... 15 dollars that like a 50% for regular game ... this Necro is so cheap made ... unbelievable. NOT unique gameplay at all ... Compared to other classes i feels like All 4sets just bufffing dmg and dont adding anything interesting. Trag, rathma, innarius.... In comparisson look at monk... 1.inna -passive dmg, pets auras ..Unique set. 2. uliana- very unique set -very unique gameplay 3. Thousand storm set - unique gameplay 4. Sun Wukong ... very unique ... NOW LOOK AT NECRO ! WOW .... so cheap, so stupid ... so un-unique Innarius = push bone armor to have 3k% dmg! WOW amazing ! Trang= blood spellls got 3k% dmg ! WOW what a unique gameplay! what an amazing funny mechanic! Rathma=summon 4 mages to have 3k% dmg ...WOW blizzard this is huge disapoitment , this is so cheap made and poor performence for u for such a iconic HERO as NEcromancer is. SET should allow u do UNIQUE things ! all sets give u just DMG buffs! And u can do simmilar things with each set! u rly sell this for 15dollars /eur to people ? I played 2days and i could not believe .... necro is no fun after 2days these sets are basiclly same with such a little differences and so boring after few hours.Narsilian6 16 Nov
15 Nov Death Nova fails to hit There seems to be some issue with the hit calculation of Death Nova (Blood Nova). Every now and then it fails to hit monsters that are clearly in range (25 yds). There have been no apparent "line of sight" elements or walls that could have prevented the hit, nor have the monsters been of the kind that can block or avoid the damage (we're talking normal zombies). My only guess if it is "LoS" is that my pet / Golem somehow gets in the way and blocks the hit? Otherwise, it seems like bug to me.saz0 15 Nov
15 Nov looking for build(low geared) necro looking for good build to farm GR 45-65. my dmg is 1.1 mil , wep is not so good and paragon 410+- help;P)Vanhelsing2 15 Nov
15 Nov The future is (hopefully) bright Seen a lot of negativity with the Necromancer recently. Thought I'd offer my .02. Yes, the Necromancer as it currently stands is a fairly bland class for end game. Most high GR builds rely on one or two high CD super buff abilities, which then open up short, high damage windows. This Prep > Survive > FIRE EVERYTHING > Cooldown style of play is difficult to gear for sub 1000 paragon players (CDR on everything possible), and often reliant on GR density and other such RNG. In other words, it's Archon. For Necromancers. And that's sort of lame. Nothing comes close to Rathma Land/Simulacrum and Pestilence/Trag'oul Corpse Lance builds for GR pushing, and they're all "Archon" playstyles. Hopefully, a year or so down along the road, with a few more patches under its belt, Necros can become more diverse for GR pushing. And hell, there are some people who enjoy the Archon playstyle. I'm sure Land/Simulacrum builds will always be top tier in some regard. Hopefully with the emergence of alternative pushing builds like Poison Scythe, Necros can continue to evolve. I've been playing since vanilla, and was very excited to grab the Necro. Let's hope things continue to get better.ExarKun1 15 Nov
11 Nov Command Skeletons Enforcer qol change Wouldn't it be awesome that instead of lowered resource cost for itself only, you would actually get resource back overtime or per hit, that way that skill(rune) would be more desirable/useful overall. Considering it's one of those special skills that really doesn't benefit much from resource cost reduction, especially with the scythe and shield set that makes command skeletons active automatic. You would be able to make more use of resource cost skills that actually need to be actively used.IchigoMait0 11 Nov
10 Nov As a HC player it is so disappointing belt still broken Among the top ranking feed back was the belts dependency on having an enemy cursed to benefit from the damage reduction. Why? It still baffelse me why it was designed this way when literately no other class has to put up with similar BS. Just use an ability, get damage reduction for x seconds. Fair and square. But no Necors need to be dependent on the demons you are supposed to slay to be alive and poof demon died bye bye necro. Coz without the toughness from the belt u are dead within a second. Its ridiculous. And frankly quite annoying. How was this not fixed? How has this not been made to work similarly to other classes options? pls inform me about the design philosophy behind it. I love the class, but seeing how i prolly have not died more often and frequently with any other class in game, while just doing some regular farming at that aswell, not pushing GRs. Just doing easy steem roll content that still just oneshots me the moment my curse goes down. I am just sick and tierd of it. Something fun and good like this getting ruined by such a dumb choice of design that frankly diverts from everything else for no reason. Please please please give me a proper explanation behind this choice of design. Why are Nercos by default suppsoed to be so defenseless compared to other classes?Marmites0 10 Nov
08 Nov Returning player - need a build Hi guys, I just purchased Necromancer, as I want to play D3 again. I've been out of D3 for a while now, and I plan to start new character on HC. I would welcome any suggestions as how to start, what gear to aim for, what skills to choose in order to quickly level up. Thanks.Shrink2 08 Nov
05 Nov Necromancer Summons: Rework Summary I understand this topic has been discussed plenty, and now I would offer a short summary of what I believe the player base desires, how to get there, and why it does not necessarily mean sacrificing the underlying design principles. In other words, all the angles relevant to justifying the changes we all look forward to. What we want: the Necromancer archetype gameplay that is about becoming the minion lord. Watch them rip it, and control the flow of battle on a macro level via curses and such. What we got: a summoner gameplay that is about tediously maintaining extremely temporary minions and stacks, effectively preventing all other activities due to plain time and focus constraints. The design principles: this is where it gets interesting. It was assumed that by keeping our gameplay "active" the necromancer would prove a more engaging experience. While this is not a downright incorrect assumption, the means are currently off. To us, "active" does not constitute the repetitive resummoning of minions we are condemned to. Active means to use an array of skills - not maintaining the stacks of one. For iteration: the current implimentation prevents real active gameplay since we cannot afford the attention to react or interact with the battle scene in any way; all our focus is hijacked by resummoning minions and refilling Essence. Design philosophy: a staple in Blizzard think has been living a "class fantasy". I subscribe to this notion completely, but in the Necromancer's case this fantasy has been misunderstood. Refer to "What we Want" to realize what class fantasy we are actually craving. How to fix this: The hard way. A painful redesign of two skills - Skeleton Mages and Revive - and all collateral elements (we'll get to these). 1. Mages shall be permanent. This can be done by using "Command Skeleton" as a reference (autosummon, active component), or by limiting the amount summoned via "reserved Essence" - all summoned Mages reduce your maximum Essence by a given amount. 2. Revive lifespan dramatically increased. I'm talking about 10x - 20x. Give us the space to do else beyond resummoning. Enable us to toss those curses and corpse explosions. The Collaterals: 1. Passives. "Extended Servitude" may be reworked into increasing Mage & Revive amounts. 2. Legendaries. "Circle of Nailuj’s Evol" changed to increase Mage damage or amount. As a note, the legendary power of this item is a silent acknowledgment to the nature of the Mage skill: they know it's tedious. Good design shouldn't resort to special items to provide basic quality of life. 3. Sets. "Bones of Rathma". The ultimate summoner set. Let's make it so: change the (6) Piece Bonus to a simple "All minions deal X% more damage". This automatically frees up our gameplay for variety outside resummoning. With the Mage permanence-change this set would allow us to experience the real class fantasy we all so desperately desire. Massive and Passive. Lord over those Hordes! ------- As an extra mention, Blizzard, you really hit some balls out of the park. Command Skeletons is amazing. The Golem skill is great. Curses are beautiful. Corpse Explosion rocks. Please consider this post to make the Necro even more rewarding. If you want to go the extra mile, there is more that can be done to emphasize our class fantasy. Imagine passives that increase minion amounts. Legendaries that give double (or triple!) Golems. Help us get the most out of the greatest side to the iconic Necromancer.Elrathi6 05 Nov
30 Oct No avatars for the Necromancer? There are avatars for all character classes except for the Necromancer. This should be fixed quickly. Also: Why not move the Necromancer chest slot portraits to where the other chest slot portraits are instead of putting them at the very end of the chest slot portraits and signs? It would make much more sense.Supergirl0 30 Oct
28 Oct Need some tips for a a hardcore necro (2 players group) Hey there my fellow practitioners of the dark arts. I've recently stated playing diablo 3 with my friend (he played it for quite some time). He is a crusader and I'm a necromancer. We've just reached the second act (lvl 44-45 atm). So far everything went pretty smooth but I'm starting to feel a bit squishy. I haven't got any good gear (except for Aquila Cuirass, but considering that I use my essence quite often , damage reduction is not active most of the time). as you can see. I was wondering what could I change to increase my damage output and what's even more important my survivability. What should I aim for? As in gems, armor,weapons, skills, gameplay. Although we do have a tank in our small 2 players party ( and this tank does some pretty impressive damage) I would still prefer to be hard to kill coz, well,, hardcore ;) Thank you.Vesdaris1 28 Oct
24 Oct Can Strongarm Bracers proc on frozen enemies? I want to know if when i cast land of the dead wearing halcyon amulet will it apply the strongarm extra damage buff only on those mobs it can actually make jump (as in those that were not blinded/stunned/frozen before i popped land of the dead)? Any help would be greatly appreciated ;) - thanks.gZuppl1 24 Oct
19 Oct scythes - cycle vs. reilena vs Fang i have the 3 of them both cubed. which would be best to apply to Jesseth's in case of Rathma /Jesseth mages / pet build? thx!JackTheDark4 19 Oct
10 Oct Simulacrum not working? Help! I have a blood lance Necro but have problem. Simulacrum supposedly gives a 10 sec use of corpse lance. My friend showed me and I have the exact same gear/ skills as he. It works with is toon.However when I try to use simulacrum, nothing happens and my toon says: "I need a corpse" I end up dying as I have no corpse available to proc corpse lance. I ran a scan on my game files to no avail. Anybody have advice? Pleas help ThanksSilvershadow2 10 Oct
09 Oct My Necro-bone armor/thorns build hi! so, i was thinking about how to build a Necromancer- Bone armor/thorns build, and i saw that a lot of people would love to play a build like this! so, i've tried to combine the Necro's bone armor build with the Crusader's thorn build. i still "have to do my homework" but i think the build i will show you its a good FUN build. i say it again: its a FUN build and i have to thing more things and combinations to make it a good one, but stil i think its good enough! :) so this is it: https://www.d3planner.com/410685111 i would realy like to hear your oppinion! :) PS: sorry i forgot to tell you that it's for Paragon 600. and i dont have explanation, so you can ask me, if you have any question!ILUMINUS4 09 Oct
02 Oct How to get more damage? Hey guys! I am new on Diablo 3. Started on a bit before season 3. I play necro rathma. my damage now is around 2.3M. The problem is i see people with items not so good as mine and yet they have 3M+ damage. What am i missin? Any suggestion? This is my necro https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/kosminel-2422/hero/96956168kosminel9 02 Oct
02 Oct Question as if i should build a set or stay this way? Hey guys, so this is my account https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/FruitSaladz-2842/hero/99971491 And ive been wondering, should i get a full set of a green set because if i will ive noticed the damage will be lower, is it worth it? im using devour and skeleton magesFruitSaladz2 02 Oct
30 Sep Question about Leger's Disdain Does it work only whit empty/half empty essence or also whit full essence???Dracula2 30 Sep
23 Sep siphon and jesseth https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/jesseth-skullscythe so they ill atack again and again a new target or only one time? and the wep wit siphon take blood from 2 more targets... so ill generate more essence? i tested but cant see so good the diference yetxromaniaa1 23 Sep
20 Sep So, what to farm now? At the moment, I'm quite ok doing GR70+, but it's not an easy ride. What do you guys suggest build/gear wise? Should I just keep leveling to be able to do higher grifts, or is there generally room for improvement? https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Coroner-2734/hero/98048508Coroner10 20 Sep