Lore and Characters

23 Aug 2011 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the Diablo III discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of Diablo III with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the Diablo III community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The Diablo III forums are for discussion of topics directly related to Diablo III The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to Diablo III, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Zhydaris1 23 Aug 2011
3d Most disappointing boss in Diablo III: RoS? Which of the bosses did you find the most disappointing? Personally, I'd have to say Azmodan. He is introduced by Tyrael and Deckard Cain as the best battlefield general of the hells (or something like that), so I was pretty excited when I finally encountered him the first time. My heart said "OMG This will be one hell of a fight against that battlefield general" and I expected a lot more than a boss who doesn't move, spreads some kind of black pool on the floor and summons some minions. Nothing really big happened.Mausiee23 3d
3d Small creatures that follow me everywhere Please, can anyone explain to me what the small imps are and where they come from? I have a picture of them but can not uploat. They look like small fat creatures and they follow me all the time and make funny noises. How do I get rid of them. They are really annoying. ThanksSakmario1 3d
4d Foundry low spawn rate? Does anyone know this: In Act 3, I get Cryder's Outpost (the "rare" dungeon, haha) almost every time and haven't had any Foundry spawn in like 50 resets! Is it my bad RNG, or does Foundry spawn less often than the other dungeons? Thanks in advance!MaliForQueen1 4d
19 Aug Kadala/Diadra So we just noticed that Diadra the scholar (talksy b in survivors' enclave) is a plain copy of Kadala's skin. Anyone notice this before? Maybe they're twins, they talk the same snobbish way.Porcelain0 19 Aug
03 Aug The Player-Character "Real" Names So I did only recently notice the fact that the Player Characters (PCs) in D3 each were given their own names... Though at least half of those are taken from the short stories, I couldn't be sure wether or not this was done before or after they were written, and that the authors used the names made by Blizzard... Anyway, I have no idea why I even write this... I just wanted to share what I knew to those who didn't, I suppose... And I've really regreted I didn't find it out before creating my characters :| So I now use these names for my HardCore characters... So here is the list..: Barbarian Male: Kehr Female: Sonya Crusader Male: Hanquai Female: Anajinn Demon Hunter Male: Cort Female: Valla Monk Male: Zhota Female: Oraza Witch Doctor Male: Benu Female: Na ziba Wizard Male: Chi Female: Li-MingSolaron12 03 Aug
30 Jul New Realms of The High Heavens The New Realms of Fate in the High Heavens Act 4 was introduced with Patch 2.6.0 on Adventure Mode to all players with the Reaper of Souls expansion pack or Ultimate Evil Edition of Diablo III. Lore: "The tomes and history stored within his (Itherael's) libraries are changing the heavens themselves, transforming into small pockets reflecting the past, present, and potential futures. Though no one can make sense of why this has occurred, it still poses a threat to Sanctuary. Tyrael invites the nephalem to investigate, his faith in their skills, if not their hearts, still strong." As I was excited to explore them, the thought came to my mind recently that it would be SO MUCH MORE epic if these "Realms of Fate" could be expanded to reach us back to the time of Diablo 2; Like for example a realm that took us to Kurast - all to the Guardian temple of Travincal itself. And a realm that took us to the time before Mount Arreat fell to explore the Worldstone Chamber... Maibe time itself cannot hold the Great Worldstone... but just the thought to be able to explore that chamber (with or without the Worldstone within) and perhaps even hear Baal's laughter once again would be beyond awesome! Just my thoughts. I post these thoughts as to muse upon and would love if this idea came true. Please share your thoughts on the Realms of Fate with me :)Mufasotep1 30 Jul
20 Jul Diablo Needs to win After defeating Diablo 3 times , and the third time him having the Black Soulstone. Its just hard to take Diablo as threat he feels like a jobber. I really hope next Diablo game gets more dark and gritty and we see Diablo winning for once and leaving the door open for Diablo 5 or expansion.Orka1 20 Jul
10 Jul Why do people hate Diablo 3? Im actually really confused... this is my first Diablo game, as I had received it as a gift. I mean, people have waited 12 years right... I mean does the gameplay suck.. does the story suck, I mean why did users blast this game on metacritic... after being stoked as hell before it launched? Its like Mass Effect 3 all over againNLSTAssassin31 10 Jul
09 Jul Malthael did not die When we slew him, Nothing happened to totally kill him, He just exploded. Which he will recover with time. Tyrael survived through alot stronger explosion. And evils are released. I say next expansion is going to be about evils and they are saving malthael for diablo 4Navhkrin27 09 Jul
08 Jul Why did Malthael...? (Minor Spoilers) So I just decided to finally play through RoS and once finished one thing left me wondering, if Malthaels goal was to rid the world from Demons, and he even proved this by not killing Tyreal, then why did his minions attack the High Heavens?zippaheadz1 08 Jul
08 Jul So..what happened to Leah? After Diablo's death, it's same to assume she died as well...or?Returner92 08 Jul
05 Jul The history of Pandemonium, The Discovery of Sanctuary Anyone knows where to get these books? At the moment I got 0 parts respectively. Can't figure out what I've missed. I really enjoy these books for the lore and trying to ge into the lore more and more. Couldn't think of a better place to ask this question than the lore section of these forums. Thanks in advance.Kumori26 05 Jul
30 Jun What happened to the demons from the soulstone? The demons that were released from the soulstone? Will we have to fight them again?Uruk6 30 Jun
30 Jun Necromancer short story I just wonder if we can have necromancer short story, like for other classes.empresa0 30 Jun
28 Jun Archangel and Deathangel classes for diablo 3 i would love this, to play as angel or demon and you eventually become one of the two classes i mentioned above! ( they should be hero classes) The Archangel will have for example Holy power as resource and Deathangel demonic power etc. and have badass skills and spells What do you think about it?Arghonan50 28 Jun
24 Jun Who's the 2nd strongest after Diablo Baal Azmodan Mephisto Belial Duriel Andarial Raknarth. Lord of Destruction sounds much powerful than Lord of Terror or Lord of SinVeilmenacex23 24 Jun
14 Jun [Diablo novels and comics]: complete list The official site doesn't have any page about this yet, so I have decided to open this thread. Like my other list threads, I'll keep it updated with all the new announcements. I'll sort everything by date of release and series. If you want to read all the novels, you may think following a chronological order is the best way to go, but personally, I would read them from the time they were released in, just because there's tons of cross-references that you won't understand if you don't read previously published works. If you like the initiative, press the "Like" button and "Request Sticky" so they make it a sticky :). If you don't remember or know the story of the original Diablo, Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction, it might be a good idea to check these: Cain's Journal Link: http://blizzard.com/diablo3/world/lore/journal.xml Diablo Timeline Link: http://blizzard.com/diablo3/world/timeline.xml Now you're up to date, let's go with the complete list: ====NOVELS==== Diablo series Archive: Book 1: Demonsbane Book 2: Legacy of Blood Book 3: The Black Road Book 4: The Kingdom of Shadow Book 5: Moon of the Spider Diablo: The Sin War Trilogy Book 1: Birthright Book 2: Scales of the Serpent Book 3: The Veiled Prophet Diablo III series Book 1: The Order ====COMICS==== Diablo: Tales of Sanctuary Part 1: Rage Part 2: The Hand of Naz Part 3: Hatred's Bride Diablo III: Sword of Justice Issue 1 Issue 2 Issue 3 Issue 4 Issue 5 ====OTHER==== Diablo III series Book 1: Book of Cain The Art of Diablo III series Book 1: The Art of Diablo III Descriptions and links for each of the books below.Lonami6 14 Jun
06 Jun So Diablo 2 and Diablo 3 have the same story Here comes a lengthy rant on how the story of Diablo 3 is exactly the same as its predecessor. Act 1: You start in a shady town where apparently it's always night for no particular reason. Kill some stuff until you have to go to Tristram to pull out Cain who, as per usual, is balls deep in !@#$. While there take a side tour to kill some Npc's from Diablo 1 (Griswold/Leoric). Proceed the endless slaughter of evil, while pondering wtf is going on, kill a female npc no one gives two %^-*s about (Countess/Queen Araenae), go in catacombs, kill boss with big boobs (Andariel/Butcher). Act 2! Act 2: The desert act no one likes. Start in the Jewel of the Desert, which apparently is two different cities, Cross endless deserts, take a detour to kill a boss who's only there to further the plot (Radament/Maghda), cross more deserts, collect pieces for the thing that will finally help you reach the final boss (Horadric Staff/Kulle's innards), enter a sci-fi sanctuary of a master mage and navigate its puzzles, kill said master mage (Summoner/Kulle), Head in the opposite direction, find act boss, fight him in an overly small room, go to act 3. Act 3: The exotic place that seems like every ounce of bad luck in the world decided to go there on vacation. Since it's crawling with enemy forces, go and launch an attack into the heart of their territory, confirm that Blizz has a fetish for innards (khalim's parts, hearts of sin and what not), kill act boss in the very heart of his very citadel, learn that you are late and Diablo is free, so off to act 4. Act 4: Venture into a place straight out of the bible, chasing after Diablo, kill Izual along the way for old times' sake, find Diablo at his strongest, proceed to jihad him until he converts to Islam and wonder if the act may have been bit short. Also prove that angels are useless pussies. Act 5: Expansion time. How you got to where you are, no one knows. Enter a town besieged by a huge enemy force and proceed to dismantle it completely, killing the siegemaster (Shenk/Urzael), go through zones no one likes (Frozen River, Swamp with puddles more deadly than the game's namesake), find a traitor (Nighal-whatever, Adria), slaughter him to learn how to get to the %^-*!@# act boss, who may or may not have a title that is synonymous with that of the guy from the other game (Aspect of Death/Lord of Destruction), do some favors for some dead guys/statues to finally find King Baddie, murder him until he dies a gruesome death. In the end an angel $%^-s up some important stone and the world is *!@#ed again, proving that no matter what happens, your efforts are useless. TL; DR: Druids confirmed, will be named Shaman.TheChase9 06 Jun
05 Jun Cinematic - the black soul stone This might be old news but I just realised that azmodan isn't talking to leaha in the cinematic that plays before act 3... he's talking to diablo. The black soul stone is disblos trap for the other evils so he can become the prime evil. That's my theory and I'm sticking to itSamuel4 05 Jun
02 Jun [Spoiler] Why didn't Diablo be Tathamet in Diablo 3 So one thing I really don't understand in Diablo 3 is that Diablo's plan the hole time was to be Tathamet again. To do this he need all seven demons of hell's souls. He got them in Diablo 2 and 3 because Adria. So when Adria used the ritual on Leah in Diablo 3. He sould after my logic be Tathamet because all Seven demons of hell is in the soul stone If I'm right. but insteed of being Tathamet again he become that not good looking Diablo in Diablo 3 (my opinion) WHY did he no be Tathamet? The ritual is complet so I don't understand this in the lore of Diablo Can anyone explain this to me?Sarion12 02 Jun
25 May "If only they could see me now" This is what the wizard says when he feels cool or something. "If only they could see me now" So, who is he referring to? And why should they see him? Is it to show off? Prove what he has become? A monster serial killer? A true hero? An adult who can decide for himself when to have candy? But the main question here, who is it he wants seeing him? Maybe mom and dad. Maybe his fellow cadette wizards from Hogwarts? Im sure this is to be found somewhere in the lore but I must have missed it somehow. Could someone please shine some light on this matter.JohnLysis4 25 May
16 May Account-Wide Lore Books Suggestion. with the necromancer coming, i want to collect all Lore Books with him, but the achivement only works once, as a checklist. so what if blizzard could update the system to an account wide, where all lore books are in a single list, but it had 3 diffren colore base on collection. Blue if you dont have it on This Hero but you have collected it on another , kinda like paragon blue. Red if you have collected it on this Hero, with Blue and Red, you can Read and Play The Voice Over. the last one is Gray, you dont have it at all, the only thing you can se it the Name of the Book. To acess the Account wide books and the Grayed out names you have to complete the Entire Story From act 1 To Act V, to avoid Spoilers of Upcoming enemies, bosses and Places. That is basicly it. The Necromancer will kinda be a soft reset for me, so it would be nice to collect all the books again if the Necro becomes my main, it`s one of my strainge Quircs. that the Main must have it all. Again, thanks for reading, and please up-vote if you are at all slightly intrested in sutch a system, or want us nerds who wants this, to have it. Thanks for you`re Time, have a Great Day <3.YukiMa1 16 May
02 May Imperius vs Diablo; Who is really the more powerful... So who do you think who is actually the more powerful one? Even though Imperius got stabbed by Diablo, I think Imperius actually can win the fight...Silence64 02 May
01 May A new idea on gameplay/lore..what do you think? Hi gamers..Hi Diablo3 developpers! What do you think about a new "overpower spell" coming from Ancient Nephalem developpers could add for each class? That could be an occasion for the lore...For exemple, a new quest line leading each class to a sacred place about "their" first nephalem (Barbare=>Bul Katos, Sorcerer=>Tal rasha etc...). And when a looong and hard quest lead you to that sacred place you can earn a huge new spell coming from THE FIRST NEPHALEM... What do you think guys? New lore quest line and new Spell/gameplay (open windows for new legendaries and why not: armor family (green stuffs)) Sorry for my English...not my birth language... Thanks for reading... Woulf like Blizzard developpers could see that idea...:(Semiramis0 01 May
28 Apr Diablo 3's worst Act story-wise? What Act from Diablo III do you guys dislike the most, which had the most boring story behind it and gave you the least satisfaction upon finishing it? For me, strangely, it's Act V. Out of all the Acts in Diablo III it felt very small, short and 'rushed'. You appear in a random area and sh*t is going down, awesome. You expect to be thrown into one hell of a fight and are all braced for a tough ending to the Diablo III story. This hope ended for me as soon as I encountered a random guard, who is no smarter than anyone else (you'd think) but he starts bombing you with in-depth knowledge about these Reaper Maidens or whatever they're called? Makes you wonder how a lousy guard can have all this knowledge about what's happening while you were used to guards being all like "OMGZ It's a hero! Sorry I cant help you, i have no idea dafuq is going on here mate!" So Malthael is doing sh*t to the world since the Prime Evil was defeated. However, I never had the feeling like "Oh geez, what's happening here? I have to stop this guy!" but instead after playing this act for a little bit I had the reaction "Oh ok, so I'm at the end boss already?!" Compared to Act IV, it was pretty cheap. Diablo in Act IV was constantly mocking you, he was keeping watch over you and you felt it. Whatever you did that made you feel super awesome (beating his pets, Tyrael's old luitenant Izual or closing his Hell Rifts) was always followed up with a dialogue saying that what you just did doesn't matter because he will be victorious in the end anyway. When I compare all the endboss fights, Malthael was probably the most boring one too. If I review them all: Act I - The Butcher: A huge motherf*cker who reminded me a LOT about the Pudge hero from Dota, but all silly jokes aside, he was a tough skull to crack at that level. He was charging into things, pulling you across the map, and not to forget the floor was randomly igniting the sh*t out of everything. Exciting fight. Act II - Belial: Even when you encounter Belial, you are fooled by his appearance (called the Lord of Lies for a reason!) so it starts off like a lousy fight, but when he takes on his true form it scared the crap out of me, not to mention he was smashing everything and launching weird green fireballs across the map. It was a chaotic, and therefor fun, fight. Act III - Azmodan: As soon as you enter Act III Azmodan's vision keeps appearing in front of you where he tells you how doomed you are and that you cant stop him. But you know better.Azmodan itself barely is a challenge, though, but the reinforcements he spawns are the annoying part. It was definitely not one of the most exciting fights, but still...stuff was happening that keps you guessing what it did. Act IV - Diablo: This is obviously the fight the game is based around, which shows in the way how your adrenaline gets built up towards this boss fight and how the fight itself is played across 2 seperate maps (Your own realm and the 'Realm of Terror'). The only annoying part about this bossfight, for me, was the amount of dialogue it contained...it was silly. But the fight was awesome and the way you can beat up Diablo for roughly 10-15 seconds after you defeat him gives you the satisfaction you want. You'll almost be shouting "Die!!!!!". Act V - Malthael: As soon as you encounter him you're still hoping for an awesome fight. However in the end it turned out to be quite boring and dull....he shoots some fireballs, he summons some angry clouds...and thats about it.MissZoey31 28 Apr
27 Apr How to get the lorebooks like the sin war in paperbags So im from Denmark. Are there somehow to get the lorebooks like the sin war the book of cain in paperbags without they will be taking by the danish told? Huge Diablo fan so need them but damn hard to get by amazon because the books need to be in a EU land. So what im asking about is can I buy the books in a EU land?Sarion0 27 Apr
26 Apr Malthael Where did the name Malthael come from? he is "death" alright, but Malthael?Andalina2 26 Apr
09 Apr What happened to the Paladins? I'm not clear on what exactly happened to the Paladin order of Diablo 2, since they're never mentioned in D3. Anyone who knows? And what happened to the Paladin character from D2?Solidpontus7 09 Apr
25 Jan Tyrael in high heavens https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/image/1004/carina08_hst_big.jpg That's all. Just wanted to share some ideas for creativity :) See if you can find Yoda, Luke Skywalker and the Emperor in the skies.Statement0 25 Jan
12 Jan Druid I am playing diadlo 3 now about 2 weeks ans try to read whatever i can find about it . On the wiki i have read something about druid character but why can't we make a druid in diablo 3 ? GreetingsDragonLady2 12 Jan
10 Dec Why did Deckard Cain have to die? I have gone through the lore a couple times, and I have done internet searches for possible theories on this. However, when it comes down to it, I just don't understand. I feel you wanted to shift the focus of the story from Deckard to Leah, and you wanted to do it in a dramatic way. I can understand this, but I feel you could have more deeply developed both characters if Deckard Cain remained alive. Leah refers back to things Cain had taught her, but she does so breifly in a way it feels to validate things she is doing. Would it not have been more entertaining to have both characters discuss the plot over one just tell it to you? Cain directly confirming passages and teachings of Cain could have given players a reason to trust and believe the things Leah was saying. Most games are more than capable of developing more than one character at a time, and I feel that the change of Leah into Diablo would have been more heart felt if you were to watch Cains reaction to it. Cain, having raised Leah, emotionally crippled by the Leah-Diablo transition would have caused a more powerful player reaction than the pitiful death you bestowed upon Cain. One of the major reasons I no longer play the game is because you constantly kill Cain over and over in a jokingly fashion. Each difficulty is the same thing. Could you not have killed Cain prior to act one, so the audience would only witness the death once? I am rather curious as to reasons behind killing Cain off. I would appreciate if anyone could navigate me to forum post or thread which outlines Lorewise why he had to die. I have done many an internet search only to find reasons which were indeed humorous, but lacked underlying meaning. I would appreciate any assistance that can be given. Thanks.Kitatek22 10 Dec
17 Nov Darkening of Tristram Hey Blizzard I test the Darkening of Tristram on the ptr and love it, BUT i think its a little bit i mean very simple "go old tristram and there is a portal"....... i think its boring. Maybe you can add some story element for that, example the player go to the old ruins and found nothing.... than a spirit come and walk to the center, and the player can talk to this spirit and the spirit say he can show what happend that long years ago and buuummmm open a portal. ( The spirit may look like a knight or a boy and hes name maybe just Echo of the past ) After than the player kill Diablo and the cinematic is done that spirit come and now hes name is Aidan or Albrecht and open a another portal to go bcak the old ruins and some dialog happening there and done. i thinks its more better than hmmmmm ok there is a portal oke i kill diablo lets go home.Bulcatos2 17 Nov
17 Nov I'm a bit confused on the transition from D2 to D3 Hello, So after some time I got really interested in Diablo lore, so I decided to check out the video/text content, not actually replaying the games, because a) I had no idea what was going on at the time anyways b) I forgot a lot Diablo 1 couldn't be more straightforward than it is; Diablo's influence corrupts the local area, you kill Diablo and stab yourself with the soulstone to contain it. Now, I have no idea what exactly is the mechanic of a soulstone. How does it work? Baal was imprisoned in Tal Rasha's body with his soulstone inside of Tal Rasha. Marius removed the soulstone and Baal was free just because his soulstone wasn't stuck in anyone? How did all the prime evils ended up in the black soulstone? Weren't they permanently destroyed at the hellforge? All except Baals? Because Marius screwed that up. How did Diablo return after his soulstone was smashed? Belial and Azmodan haven't been seen in the Diablo 1/2, so I can understand how they fit in the story, but Diablo? How come nobody had to break or stick the black soulstone into themselves? In Diablo 2 (if I recall correctly), Baal takes his own soulstone from Marius? How does he exist if his "soul" is inside the soulstone? And even if that was possible, why doesn't it happen in Diablo 3 with the Black Soulstone? I'm so confused right now, I'm assuming the "make believe" answers incoming. Either I'm missing something big or there really are inconsistencies in the story. And "Diablo had to return out of nowhere because he's the main character of the game" is a joke of an answer. How hard is it to make up an explanation in a fantasy game? I'm really confused right now... thanks for reading.Hexo12 17 Nov
12 Nov Why Imperius is so eager to kill Diablo? does Diablo knows something about Imperius that other archangels don't?engineer17 12 Nov
12 Nov !!! N E C R O M A N C E R S !!! I am so excited about this. I just felt like the other places were a bit negative to post this so...sorry. Don't you think it would be totally freaking awesomeness to take the soul flame aura thingy from the Necro in D2 character creation and bring it in as a real aura or skill in D3 for the new NECROMANCER Class?????? Come on! That would be SICK! Or at least I obviously think so...Necrovex1 12 Nov
08 Oct The Secret of Greyhollow Island So, anyone figure it out yet? I have only been to the island once so obviously I don't have the full story, but as far as I can see, the society living there used to sacrificy their own kids to "feed" something evil on the island to keep it content and from escaping it. They worshipped this entity/goddess called Nereza, and this Rayeld was probably supposed to be the successor to the high cleric (his father) before he realized the evil nature of the sacrifices. I am guessing only that he realized too late after putting a stop to the sacrifices that they were needed to contain this evil, and did something horrible to stop it which made the island as it is now. Then he probably went mad and started to try and please Nereza in his own ways, with the altars and effigies. The Explorer's note, as well as your encounters with the Crazed Man make it obvious that he simply cannot be killed - he always returns. In top of the Tower I found the bodies of Nereza and a skeleton labelled as Sara, but clicking on them does nothing. Maybe I need to find something first? I also wonder how the fish-ladies fit into all this. Rayeld says they stick to the caves, and I did find effigies of theirs there, which summoned Senahde, a unique Abyssal Caster.BBShockwave8 08 Oct
29 Sep Could anyone tell me what happened to Amazon in Diablo2 Is she died?What happened to her???????????????????????????????????????Lamando1 29 Sep
07 Sep 2016 Questions about Names of Diablos playable characters I've wondered this for some time, do the playable characters in diablo 3 all have defined names and individual entities/storylines within the universe(s)? I ask because the Barb from D3 is said to be the same barb from D2, this was the initial interest for me years ago. Did he have a name? In the original Diablo the games story focused on the warrior specifically, but he was never given a name (that I'm aware of) - you are allowed to play various different types of characters, but the actual story i think ignores this and the lore establishes that it was in fact the warrior who did everything - and he becomes the wonderer in Diablo 2 after shoving the soulstone into his head cause thats a great idea in Diablo 1 which later makes him effectively be consumed by and become diablo (Before some d3 retconning which changes the wonderer into leorics son i think? did we ever establish what happens to the warrior and his lore then or did we just eastablish the warrior = leorics son?) then in diablo 2 the cinimatic story focused on a completely unrelated character not seen in game, and you are an "anonymous" hero trailing behind him Then there's Heroes of the Storm, which uses the exact same D3 char models for its diablo characters and we get to learn: Male WD - Nazeebo Male Monk - kharizim Female Barb - Sonya - I think this is confirmed in D3 as well? female Paladin - Johanna Female Wizard - Li Ming Female Demon Hunter - Valla - I think this is confirmed in D3 as well? each character in this game is a specific character from an established blizzard universe - a unique character with a name and his own story and lore within the realm. This didn't have to be the case and they could have easily just made "Male demon hunter from wow", "Female siege tank operator from starcraft", etc - the only one this couldn't have worked for was the lost vikings since they are a single unique 3 character team that can't be hot-swapped by a mass of other similar chars in-universe. However, only the diablo characters do not have - that im aware of - a hard defined/obvious character and lore, unless im mistaken so we have the barb who is a reoccuring character according to lore, and some names originally given to the characters in gameplay videos pre-release (Sonya im fairly certain was named such in early pre-release footage, which granted doesnt have to be considered canon) so it begs to ask, do the others have confirmed names/characters, or are they just random identities for this game's use only?Dragn1 07 Sep 2016
26 Aug 2016 Why do people hate the new Tyrael? There are many reasons people hate the D3 story and I really understand most of them (like killing off the best character in the series), but I've never understood why they hate the 'new' Tyrael. Any explanations?Esbia41 26 Aug 2016
28 Feb 2016 Request to change the name of a mob I would like to request the game developers to change a name of a elite mob I encountered in Weeping Hollow of Act I in adventure mode. The name of the mob is "Kankerrot". Since "kanker" is the Dutch word for cancer, I would find it respectful to change that name for all who suffered, and still suffer, from this aweful disease. Thanks.Nacht7 28 Feb 2016
26 Feb 2016 New character : the engineer Rifle and balistic skills Robotic companions Traps Cybernetic upgrades temporarily Source : nano energy Special offhand : battery Special chestarmor : energy supply core Nano energy regenarates from taking damage, moving, and charging with a special stanceozgen7 26 Feb 2016
20 Feb 2016 Halls of Valor,angel training ****** I AM NOT ROLEPLAYING ****** I need Blizzard's permission to train my angels.There are various comments about Imperius,most hate him some call him badass but the angels,they call them sore losers and weak... I ask Blizzard's permission to train my angels and improve them. I want to teach them how to use Spear,like me. If only King Morhaime lets me... Regards Imperius,Knight Commander of the High Heavens aka Archangel of ValorImperius1 20 Feb 2016
19 Feb 2016 Azmodan and references to the 7 deadly sins So, realizing it can't be a coincidence that Azmy has a !@#$%^-face, I've tried and seen if he references all seven of the deadly sins in his appearance. Here's what I got so far: Pride - his crown Gluttony - the teeth on his belly Lust - the shape on his face looking like female genitalia Greed - ??? Wrath - ??? Envy - ??? Any clue as to what references the other sins? Could it be the %^-*!@ face, the belly teeth and the crown are just coincidences, and he doesn't reference sins?Manji782 19 Feb 2016
15 Feb 2016 Someone explain this, please What is the difference between The Summoner, Horazon, and the guy who faked to be Horazon and *BOOK SPOILERS* vanished with Bartuc's armour to be gone forever? Also, why is Arcane Sanctuary so much different in Legacy of Blood than in Diablo 2 ?Achylles0 15 Feb 2016
23 Jan 2016 Why can't I name my wizard with her canonical name? I'm weird, I know, but I named all the other character with their name from canon, so, why can't I do it for Li-Ming?Jaeskier1 23 Jan 2016
07 Jan 2016 what about thathamet and anu? they are gods, they are cool where are they?KingTyler3 07 Jan 2016
12 Dec 2015 The complete Diablore printed collection Hello everyone, Here is a picture of my personal collection of all the Diablo related printed books out there: https://www.dropbox.com/s/qer00bl1dm62agi/Diablore.jpg?dl=0 I have also collected all the digital books/stories published in the past years: Morbed, Heroes Rise Darkness Falls (+ the 5 extra short stories not included in this collection) and Stay Awhile and Listen. Could the community please confirm if I am missing anything still? Thanks a lot, HarakyriHarakyri2 12 Dec 2015
25 Nov 2015 The next expansion's class Hi there ! As an introduction, I have to say that I'm not exactly here to talk about lore, though my interrogations are linked to it. I'm here to think about the game itself, as a game, not as a universe. However, this will probably lead us to use the lore, and that's why I think that this topic has its place in this forum. (And also, excuse me for my mediocre english... I hope this will be understandable...) Here's the question : what class will be added into the next expansion ? It is well known that at least two expansions are planned by Blizzard for Diablo 3. Since they clamed clearly that the maximum level limit will not be extended and that no already existing class will receive any improvement, we can easily state that the new content will be one new act and one (or maybe two) new class(es). I don't want, in this topic, to seek where the action will be set : to answer, we would need to predict the scenario, and there already has been numerous topics about that. So we don't talk about Act V and its geographical location here. However, it is not necessary to know the scenario to imagine what class could be added in the expansion : in the Diablo games, classes rarely have a direct link with the places where they fight. For example, Diablo 2's Amazon came from Skovos island, and we never go to Skovos in Diablo 2. In fact, that's precisely because Diablo classes come from elsewhere that they have this exotic aspect and so are charismatic. That's why I think that the next class will not be linked to the next act's location, even if sometimes we visit one of the classes' homeland (Harrogath for the Barbarian, Kurast for the Paladin...). So what do we know about the next class ? Not much, but we can guess that : 1) It will be a Strength based class, just like the Barbarian. Actual classes are all paired by their primary attribute (Wizard and Witch Doctor are Intelligence based, Monk and Demon hunter are Dexterity based) but the Barbarian, who is still the only Strength based class. 2) The player HAS to be a Nephalem, that's all Diablo is about. So don't even think about a playable angel or demon. 3) We have to avoid ideas that are too similar to existing classes and followers. That's the biggest difficulty : how can a class be Strength based without looking like a brutal warrior (Barbarian) or a noble knight (Templar) ? That's where your creativity, imagination, and lore knowledge will be useful. 4) The new class must fit into Diablo's atmosphere. That means firstly that it must be whether in an oriental or a mythological style and secondly that it must match with a dark fantasy universe (zombies, demons, murders, violence, blood, onslaught, etc. That's not Warcraft nor the Lord of the rings.) There are the rules. Now, the ideas. Obviously, this list is not finished... I am not fully satisfied, and I sincerely hope that you will add new and greater ideas. But I already have some : - A metamorph class, like the druid in Diablo 2. With some modifications, the druid could be really feral and clearly differ from the With doctor, who's already linked to nature and already have invocations. However, the druid was never popular, so I don't think Blizzard will add it in a Diablo 3's expansion. Still note that another metamorph class could be possible, but what class then ? (Don't forgot the Strength attribute.) - An original kind of knight (so an european warrior with a real armor), with a special feature deeply different from light, honor, loyalty, etc... in other words, a knight that has something special (for example magical powers) but do not looks like a paladin. However, this idea is still really abstract... it needs more ideas. Maybe a heavy necromancer ? But the problem would be an excessive resemblance with Warcraft's death knight. I think (and I hope) that Blizzard will avoid this. Or maybe a mage-knight, like in Dongeon & Dragons ? But here we need to avoid a possible resemblance with the Wizard... - A pirate from Kingsport. Original spells could be imagine, for example spells using a pirate gun. The pirate gun could also be a off-hand weapon only usable by this class. However, this idea would hardly fit in Diablo's dark atmosphere, in my opinion. Possibly, but hardly. - A melee Amazon, in a Sparta style. It is right now my most realistic idea, I think. Different both from Barbarian and Templar, with a both mythological and oriental style, Strength as attribute, a deep identity with the Diablo games (this character would obviously come from Skovos), etc... What do you think ?Oneyr263 25 Nov 2015
24 Nov 2015 http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Imperius_Curse HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHImperius3 24 Nov 2015