Wizard

23 Aug 2011 Forum Guidelines - Please Read Welcome to the Diablo III discussion forums! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of Diablo III with your fellow players. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy. Therefore, we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct before posting. Search The new search function at the top of the Diablo III community site is extremely robust. Please be sure to use it to look for similar topics, blog posts, or web pages that may contain the answer before creating your forum topic. Making a new thread on an existing subject will likely result in your thread being deleted. If you continue to repost it you're likely to have your posting privileges suspended for spamming. Worst of all, you'll be making the other forum goers upset that you didn't take a minute to search before posting. Rating The new rating system can be used to promote positive discussion, and demote unhelpful posts, or even report posts that violate the forum code of conduct. By hovering over a post you'll be presented with a thumbs up, and a thumbs down icon. Clicking the 'thumbs down' icon you can choose from a few options. Dislike will rate the comment down. If enough people dislike a post it will be darkened, or with a lot of dislikes it will be hidden. You can also quickly report a post as trolling or spam, or use the report function to fill out a more comprehensive description of the violation. You can only rate each post once. Use it wisely to help foster a positive and helpful forum community. Guidelines In addition to the Forum Code of Conduct (http://eu.battle.net/en/community/conduct), here are some common courtesy guidelines to follow to ensure these forums remain a constructive and friendly gathering place for the community. While these do technically fall within the bounds of the Code of Conduct, these cover more specific examples of common errors that will lead to thread deletions or posting privileges being revoked. The Diablo III forums are for discussion of topics directly related to Diablo III The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to Diablo III, Battle.net or Blizzard are subject to deletion. Don't post in all capital letters, use a misleading title, excessive punctuation, non-standard symbols, etc. While everyone wants their posts read, we ask you to refrain from using these types of tactics in order to bring more people to your thread. Let your post stand on its own merit. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Using the words Blizzard, Blue, or any community team members name in a thread topic to gather attention is frowned upon Everyone would like Blizzard to read and acknowledge his or her post, and we understand that. However, use of such words in the topic does not help that come to pass. Please make your thread title relevant to the post subject. Threads violating this guideline are subject to deletion. Note that threads discussing e.g. the Blizzard authenticator or Blizzard’s latest press release are allowed to have Blizzard in the title as it’s then relevant to the discussion. Posting "First" or IBTL constitutes as spamming You will be suspended if you create a post that is intended to call out that you achieved a specific reply number in a thread. This is considered spamming. Posting IBTL (in before the lock) is not helpful and if you feel a thread should be moderated please use the rating button to do so. Posting TLDR or L2P constitutes as trolling Posting TLDR (Too Long, Didn’t Read) is saying you don’t care about a player’s post. Posting L2P (Learn to Play) mocks the player for their skill or experience level rather than provide constructive input on the post itself. Both are considered trolling and will lead to a suspension.Zhydaris1 23 Aug 2011
02 Jun 2014 Guides and Resources - Wizards Masters of the Arcane and the Elements! In this thread you will find a list of guides and resources focused around the Wizards in Diablo III. Please note: All guides and resources posted in this thread are 100% made by players, and as such we do not guarantee that they will remain accurate and up to date. Also, we do not guarantee that there will always be a guide or resource listed for every conceivable aspect of the Wizard class. Please feel free to send an e-mail to CMTeamEU-Diablo@Blizzard.com tagged with [Community Guide] in the subject if: You have found a guide or resource on this list that is no longer accurate You have found a guide or resource on this list that is just not up to scratch You have found or created a great guide or resource that we have not yet listed ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Guides and Resources - Wizards: ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ General: Mechanics And Game Information Compendium by Apo (NA forums) How to prioritize gear affixes! by PieHole (NA forums) Collection of legendary item proc effects and mechanics by Kanjihack (NA forums) List of all items/slots that can roll either "Increases <Skill> Damage by X%" or "<Element> skills deal X% more damage." by Eciton (NA forums) Wizard Tools. Useful spreadsheet magic to help with the calculations involved in eDPS, APoC, LoH, etc. by dolynick (NA forums) General Wizard Guide - Getting Started by Nesslow (L2D3) Wizard Guides and Community by RobertVarga (NA forums) Builds: Wizard Builds & Items Compendium by Hope (NA forums) Fast Farming Wizard Build for RoS (Elementalist) by HolyHermit (EU forums) Frozen Orb Guide by Nesslow (L2D3) The "Electro-Stun God" Wizard by BrvzerX (EU blog) MM Fire Wiz: End Game T6 Build by Google337 (NA forums) Top 10 Most Popular Elemental Based Builds Updated twice a day (diablo3ladder) Archon Stun/Lighting - [ Crafted Starter T3 Wizard] by CuckooGaming (YouTube) Wizard Fast Farming Build for T6 (Mirrormentalist) by HolyHermit (EU forums) The "Arcane Melee" Wizard by Billou (EU blog) The "Void Ray" Wizard by V3dun (EU blog) The "Pyrolysis" Wizard by prFly (EU blog)Vaneras1 02 Jun 2014
1d Help on combo Set or 1 set Hi Guys, I was wondering if I could advice on which set bonus I should pursue. I currently have 3 different set bonuses which with Kanai cube of 'Etched Sigil' does wonderous cinematic damage. I am also compounding matters by trying to get chandoo set. https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ameen-2699/hero/7144879 I am currently on T5 difficulty at the mo.Ameen1 1d
1d Procs Deathwish while you are in Archon Form? Procs Deathwish while you are in Archon Form?Lazarus2 1d
1d Returning to wizard ....maybe...pls need advice I have been out of the game for more or less 1 year I have played Wizard, barb and DH. I played more wizard because i think is funnier to play. Sure we all want to have fun, but we need to feel we are doing dmg. So..... does it worth to play wizard? ---is it fun? ---does damage? ---how are defense capabilities? ---are they meta? ThanksNibiru1 1d
1d Manald Heal ring and new to wizard Hi all, New to wizard. played this game since way back... season 11 ;) Have a rather Nice archon build and can steadily do torment x. But I cant seem to get a manald Heal ring (not by kadala, cube or just find it). Any tips on how to get it? Maybe someone can give me feedback on how to get my archon build better? And other tips that are good to follow? I did read the enormous long thread with all kind of build for wizard but its really much and written to the more knowledgebale (is that a word?) player. What Should I do next after I want to progress further for wizard, keeping in mind I am not a pro player. (Normally I played crusader where I just hack and slash).Rothgar1 1d
1d A REALLY ANGERY WIZARD PLAYER. This is gonna be a long angery rant. If you one of those guys/girls who do not want to read long documents get out now. Rest of you follow me into the Rage Fest in August 9 2017. Okay Lets do a recap. Rimeheart = Had an instantly kills target legendary power but it got taken away because it considered it was overpowered. Rightly So. Furnace = Had a legendary power that deals % damage depends on the targets HP but it got taken away because it considered it was overpowered. Rightly So. And you can add more items in there which was considered overpowered because it was either dealing % damage of the targets HP or instantly kills of the target while under certain amount %. Now this is my issue. Why is no one discussing about decrepify? A Necromencer skill which kills off targets under 15% hp. A skill that is AoE. Now why am i typing this in Wizard Section. Well Wizard's as Blizzard created them as an intelligence based class. Like Witch Docstors. But unlike Witch Doctors thanks to the design philosophy of the developers Wizards are again out of the 4 man groups. They are great at solo content. But they kicked out of the meta by Necromencers. Because Necromencers are overall better. They can 3 shot a greater rift bosses above 100 GR Levels. Now lead developer; i forgot his name; said that they are against the idea of publishing 4 piece sets for the Necromencer because they are against the idea of combining set. Well first of all the Necromencer does not need a 4 piece set because their base skill power is already on par with other classes that are using both sets togather. On the otherhand this also shows that you want all other classes to run one 6 item sets and combine it with other legendary items. Well you can do that. In this case i am going to take the example of a Wizard and i will use Delsere Set only without combining with any other sets with agumented gear. Do you really want to know the difference ? 40 to 50 greater rift levels difference between a wizard with all primal Delsere gear with aguments and level 75+ legendary gems and a Necromencer geared with none ancient gear, no aguments and level 25 legendary gems. Now you can call me whatever you want like cheap bastard but you cannot deny that Necromencer is overpowered as it can be and no one bats an eye. Now i know they are a company then need to make money stuff like that blah blah blah. All of it is PR bull!@#$. Here is way of making money without killing an entire class off with 1 new class. How about like you the devs said in your twitch streams make meaningful decision making eh? Is it really to hard to balance the game where there are multiple meta's. Multiple combinations of 4 man meta? Given what i am experiencing from Diablo right now. It seems it is not a good single player game to play, solo outright is not fun when you are not sharing the dungeon with a friend and when you try to push as a group it has players to select certain classes and use certain sets which is also not fun. Let me recap this. i gave this company 120$ both for the Base game and the extention Reaper of Souls and now it is demanding 15$ more? To push in greater rift with a class that i dont like? Is that it? And there was this youtuber that i really liked to watch back in the day. I thought he was objective i am not going to give any names but as it stands it is clear he is defending not your customer rights instead he is on the side with corporate commander. Because instead of saying this class is overpowered and it will diminish the already non exsistent variety of 4 man group even further locking up 1 or 2 open slots of dps roles with necromencer. Pretty much sending the other classes like Wizard into oblivion where people use them as for farming paragon points or farm mats which is really sad. Tell me something do you want to play a class where you spent 1202 hours of gameplay grinded everything and end up using it for farming xp? I am really struggling not to use foul language because this is what they deserve at least. But i am going to control my anger and simply demand a refound in cash or better yet balance the Necromencer so instead of that class being a must pick it will become an option. Sincerely A really angery Wizard Player.Kaan6 1d
2d Mirror image Plz Blizzard make that skill useful again and other cool skills what nobody uses any more cos they are too weak whitout supportive legendary. Add Mirror image to DMO set, add leg what buffs it's damage and reduces it's cdr if killing monsters when Slow time is active and Tasker and Theo would boost it's attack speed. Pretty cool idea if u ask me! :)Dracula1 2d
2d MH Hydra + Wave/AT interaction I'm running a double Hydra with Manald Heal build. I've read some stuff about Hydra MH procs interfering with Archon Wave and Arcone Torrent MH procs. I was wondering about the exact details of this interference. When Hydra procs on ANY creep I can't proc MH AT ALL anymore? i.e. on any other creep or on the same creep. When Hydra procs MH on the SAME creep I'm attacking I can't proc MH on THAT creep anymore? In this case can I still add to the lightning ticks? When Hydra procs MH on the SAME creep I'm attacking I can't proc MH on this creep or on any other creep I'm hitting with my AOE. Thanks in advance, LoranLoran2 2d
08 Nov Firebird improvement I feel we need a fix for Firebird set to not dropping ignite buff/debuff once you move to far away from monsters. The "burn until they die" effect is a bit redundant if you still have to move back and re ignite them once you move to far away. This practically makes it a regular dot affect that you have to maintain. To me the build is meant to be played as an elite snipe build. You move from elite pack to elite pack to maintain your 20 stack ignite buff. But currently this only works if you get really high density in the rift. Too fix this blizzard can either drop the "burn until they die" affect and reduce the total number of stacks to about 10. This to make it more relevant to ignite regular mobs. Or just make the "burn until they die" affect a true permanent debuff. Making it a true permanent debuff wouldn't be OP since the damage ain't high enough to kill an elite pack fast enough on higher rift difficulties. This would only improve the flow of the build and make it a bit more fun and faster to play in lower rifts, per say T13.Grunter1 08 Nov
05 Nov Advice for DMO FO build I'm trying to get above build (Delsere's Magnum Opus Frozen Orb) to work. My current progress: https://www.d3planner.com/114637012 My problem is that I can't seem to survive much above T7 (and GR 30 ish) as the monsters kill me very very quickly. I kill things insanely fast under the time-warps, but my survivability against the rest is not good (it seems). Can you guys point me in the right direction for what is causing the low survivability? My guess is that the Orb of Infinite Depth, together with the Endless Walk are the three reasons why. Which would mean low level runs until I manage to get those.Cregan3 05 Nov
28 Oct Best wizard spec?+??hydra+Tasker and Theo!!? Hello , i have a question about hydra spec, does tasker and Theo work with the hydra spell in increased attack speed? have Searched The topics comes up with some says it does but some think it does not. i need a complete answer, please be kind, to also add some spec builds for wizards to keep another discussion going in the mean time i wait for answer bout' hydra spec / Tasker and Theo would it be wise to find another spec to run with wizard? currently im using tal'rasha set, 5 pieces / ring of grandur - in cube/ Etched sigil - in cube/ and 2 slot ?? + dont know whats best since im not that big spender on gameplaying in d3 RoS have used tal'rasha on quite some time now, im a big fan of it...Have Fun in the time online guys and girls. Evildrog772 28 Oct
27 Oct Non archon builds Hi there, I know I can search on Diablo fans for builds. But seems like most of those I find is either spamming 4 buttons tal rasha or someone actually using archon anyway. Is there any "easy to play" non archon builds out there? Perhaps some eche sigil firebird builds that can push decently? Just throw some links/advice out there :)Savagelight2 27 Oct
22 Oct How to reach GR75 solo with Wizard Lightning Hydra ? Good day, I have created Wizard hero according to Rhykker guide Lightning Hydra GR 97+. But I managed to reach only GR70 solo (with nearly 800 paragon points), and now I'm very afraid that I will not be able to finish GR75 solo (to complete season journey with Conqueror) before season 11 ends. Please, can someone take a look at my Wizard hero and give some advice what should I change/improve ? Thanks in advance.SleepyShaman2 22 Oct
14 Oct dont understand manald build About tal rasha build. With magic missile they use is not intended to do damage, right? this dont do any damage comparative with other skills. And is cold, no lighting. Same when they use instead magic missile ray of frost. Another no damage skills. Just tel me what to use instead these stupid skills to do some damage when im out of archon form. Dont tell me to understand this build or rotations plsxromaniaa2 14 Oct
06 Oct 2.6.1 when? Any idea when it's coming live? I'm excited about the FO boost since I'm a dedicated DMO build and wanna use it instead of mah balls.Corvinus0 06 Oct
28 Sep any Disintegrate build coming back for 2.6.1? i miss Disintegrate builds a lot, any chance it will make a come back in 2.6.1 with that little firebird buff?Gehenna2 28 Sep
05 Sep Advice for wizard Good day all mates and all who play wizards.. Sorry for making this topic but i need advice i clear 70GR wasnt pure clear speed. But if i wanna go higher its a problem i feel like i dont make a dmg on elites or trash i feel like a manald dont proc me so if u can help me what should i make better will be nice . I was playing necro on HC clear 89 but now im on sc and trying something different . My aim is 90 clear not sure if i can get it but ty for any help .. i play build from D3fans.com http://www.diablofans.com/builds/91626-archon-vyr-tal-gr100 So ty for any help any advice ... maybe my profile its not actual i have geom in cube and some change spells ... https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Haligy-2875/hero/98940509Haligy2 05 Sep
03 Sep Blizz giff us a good non-Archon build! Hello, fellow wizards. I am playing wizard since Diablo 3 beta and i really like skills and lay styles. But for so many seasons Archon builds dominating the all other wizard builds. In other classes there are at least 3 or 4 different builds or sets for pushing high GR's but in wizard only the archon. After the last changes it's even worst, there is only lightning archon. All the other builds and sets are useless. As wizards we dont even have a frost or arcane build that go for +70 GR pushing. I really wonder if developer team thinking about solving this problem. We really need some other fun build to play. *Sorry for bad English :(HiddenTroll5 03 Sep
30 Aug Lightning Archon Cooldown Since yesterday I have my equipment for the lightning archon build like it's presented on icy veins together. I found out if I leave archon after doing nothing I have a little bit less than half of the cooldown left. However, when I do rifts, I often leave archon with this much cooldown left as well. To me it almost looks like a bug. So I ask you what might be the cause? https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BigBadWolf-2793/hero/98532058BigBadWolf2 30 Aug
29 Aug Rebirth mistake i did a mistake and my non season wizard to click rebirth.. then she is reset... how can i reback this charekter.. coz i wanna do set dungeons. but i havent got any wizard at 70 lvl :/ any set items 2 :(Apocalpyse0 29 Aug
28 Aug DMO & Black Hole So I came back to D3 for the Necro, after quitting during RoS after burning out a bit. I have been pleasantly surprised by the state of D3 atm and thoroughly have been enjoying playing the game and I am quite hooked up. I have probably spent so much time playing Necro that I am ashamed to admit it and got slightly bored of it so decided it is time to make a new melee Wizard. Was very happy to see Blizzard made a "melee" set for the Wizard something that didn't exist when I was playing before a melee wiz. The play style is quite fitting and enjoyable, however, I have to ask why the hell doesn't DMO support Black Hole? It is a perfect fit...and it has been very disappointing to see the damage doesn't get boosted by DMO. I can''t even see how it would be OP. I am quite interested in what you guys think and if there are still some melee wiz builds involving Black Hole. Was wondering about some LoN build.kelatazar0 28 Aug
24 Aug Archon Volvo, pls, delete fckn archon from game. Gimme firebird +hydra+ the furnace (season 2-3). Thx.eriser0 24 Aug
22 Aug FlashFire Wizard Hi, guys. I was wondering if the build is still capable of doing speed T10 rifts. It was great build but i havent played wizard this season so i dont know if there are any changes on the items.s0b13sk12 22 Aug
12 Aug Tal Rasha Set Dungeon Impossible How the can one completed Tal Rasha Set Dungeon, how the hell are you to avoid creeps that are invisible. This is absolutely restarted. I blink the hole map through and when landing in I still get hit, I am not even standing still. Starting to get a real hatred for the game. RegardsFaqterson40 12 Aug
11 Aug Wiz Build Advice? How do you put your build online so that other people can take a look (and tell you what's wrong....)?SkyWriter1 11 Aug
10 Aug Free Tal Rasha Stack Sometimes when I'm out of Archon I notice have 4 Tal Rasha Stacks. This shouldn't be possible since my only fire spell is Archon - Combustion. I've only seen it happen it group play. Anyone knows where this is coming from? https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Loran-2686/hero/97961684Loran0 10 Aug
09 Aug Is support wizard viable? I'm not looking for "powerful" or anything face-melting like most Archon builds. I want to have fun in my own way by being useful to my team. My build includes a set not a lot of people use anymore and I'm looking for feedback. Please keep an open-mind and don't insult my build too much just because it's not the way most people play Wizard. This is the build I have come up with so far: http://www.diablofans.com/builds/94061-time-wizard-support-build Like I said before: feedback is appreciated!Endlessly1 09 Aug
07 Aug Which bracers for Archon lightning build I have found two ancient bracers: ANCIENT PARTHAN DEFENDERS https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/ancient-parthan-defenders ASHNAGARR'S BLOOD BRACER https://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/ashnagarrs-blood-bracer Both have the same stats: INT, VIT, CHC. Ideally I would have bracers with INT, CHC and Life per Hit as my overall VIT is high now. Unfortunately, random is not as in my favour as I wish. Anyway I cannot figure out which bracers are better for Wizard's archon lightning build. On one hand, ASHNAGARR'S BLOOD BRACER increases my shields by up to 100%. It's a good passive and does not depend on situation with mobs. But I get this % only. On the other hand, ANCIENT PARTHAN DEFENDERS gives 12% per stunned monster. I would need about 10 or more monsters to be stunned to get 100% damage reduction. It is not difficult to get monsters stunned because Paralysis makes sure it happens :) One thing I am worried is ANCIENT PARTHAN DEFENDERS give only up to 12% while encountering a boss if it gets stunned. What would be your advice on that? Which bracers would you take? Thanks EDIT: This is my profile: https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/C%C3%A9ldor-2178/hero/70505052 This is what I am aiming for with this build--I'd prefer more LpH and slightly improved IAS: https://www.d3planner.com/199139977Céldor0 07 Aug
06 Aug Help: Best next step in improving character Hello All, https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/shAd-2781/hero/80164928 thats my season wizard. She is performing well. Best grift was 70 (yet not tried higher) in 8m. My Archon downtime is 0 seconds - 10 seconds (depending on if i found a pack). Iam playing 99% of my time solo. But iam struggeling in my decisions howto improve further. What next steps do you recommend? Farming a better Ring of Royal Grandeur and put the Mandald Heal or the obsidian ring of the zodiac into the cube? or farming grifts, and try to get an ancient swarmi (with help of kadalaa?) and replace my belt with the tal'rashas belt (have a decent ancient one) and cube the fazulas belt? or something complete different? thanks in advance for your suggestions! greetings shAdshAd1 06 Aug
03 Aug Help with progression Hey, https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Penywise-2873/hero/97001560 Currently I'm struggling doing T13 and it's literally impossible for me to complete a GR 70 solo. I already have a Starfire wand with 2738.3 damage, 7% AS and 10% CDR, plus 836 Intelligence, however I haven't gotten a single Haedrig's Gift for socketing and using the Starfire wand. That's the drawback in my current situation you don't need to mention as obvious :) Please, help me understand why I struggle with my Wizzard so badly, I can barely do any kind of damage on GR 70 with Archon + 4 stacks of Tal'Rasha and I can't progress further...Penywise6 03 Aug
03 Aug Cant get 4 stacks on Tal rasha set I am using the most recommended build for this season on the wizard, but for some reason I have never gotten the 4 stacks of the set bonus. The max I get is 3 from fire/arcane/frost, I seem to be lacking lightning. Could someone please take a look at my build and gear and give me some advice. https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Borya-2275/hero/96852493 cheersBorya4 03 Aug
03 Aug Tal/vyr wizard So I'm currently gearing a wizard and I'm quite new to them. The tal/vyr build that has a 112 GR cleared seemed like a lot of fun and challenging to play. I currently have all the legendaries and set items etc. just not rolled very well. Even though some of them rolled pretty bad, I should be able to clear a GR 70 right? Well I tried that and failed really hard. It seemed my manald heal never procced, I died alot and cleared it in like 30 mins. My question is, am I doing something wrong? You guys have any tips? Thanks for reading. This (https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nabalyde-2142/hero/88852557) is my character right now. I followed this (http://www.diablofans.com/builds/89144-10-2-5-gr-push-coe-manald-archon-wizard-gr112) guide.Nabalyde5 03 Aug
03 Aug Two Vyr-Tal-Hydra builds performing very differently My first wiz this season is resting in pieces (HC), so I eventually decided to go for another one. I've got VERY similar gear, but much more toughness and dps this time around. Current wiz (left in the stats below): https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Freddan-2521/hero/97767293 Prev wiz (right): https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Freddan-2521/hero/96853088 Sheet dps: 1,136k vs 719k Sheet toughness: 14.8m vs 9.5m All the same set and legendary bonuses CDR: Both have 46.4% cdr from gear Attack speed: 6% ias vs 5% ias on weapon; 14% ias vs 5% on the other items +Light dmg: +19% vs +38% Some gems were slightly higher level before I don't really understand why, but the previous wizard was doing quite well in GR 75. With the new guy, I just had to abandon a GR 69 because I was proccing and killing stuff too slow. To me, my gear is better now. From what I can see, only the additional light dmg I had before would be useful. Everything else is much better now. I mean, sheet damage is nearly 50% more. Am I missing something? I feel like something is going on that I'm not aware of, whether it be attack speed related or what not. Any help appreciated.Freddan2 03 Aug
28 Jul Patch 2.7. D 3 Patch 2.7 Diablo 3 Most balanced character patch All classes: New legendary shoulders with special power – increases damage of your pets by 25-30% New legendary pants with special power – each different skill with same element increases the damage by 10% for 15 seconds. Legacy of Nightmares Set: While this is your only Item set bonus every Legendary item you have...... Blackthornes Battlegear Set: 2 set bonus: Increase damage against elites and take reduced damage by 10% 3 set bonus: You are immune to Desecrator, Molten, and Plague monstres ground effects. 4 set bonus: Every normal, magic and rare item you have increases your damage by 25% and reduces damage taken by 2%. Ancestors Grace Amulet: New special power: Every Ancient legendary Item you have reduce cooldown and resources cost by 1% Deamon Hunter Stolen Ring (old new ring with new icon) – special secondary power: Your slowing and chiling efects also increase damage equal to thair movement speed reduction ( not stackable – for example if item does 60% movement reduction and skill does 30%, result is 60% ) Only Iceblink gem can add damage. - it helps to Cold Builds and makes Iceblink usable. Natalya Set 6 pieces set bonus: After casting Rain of Vengeance, deal 750% increased damage and také 60% reduced damage for 10 seconds Crusader Akkhan Set 6 pieces set bonus: While Akarats champion is active you deal 1200% increased damage by Condemn, Fist of the Heavens, Heavens Fury, Phalanx and Blessed Shield, and take 15% less damage. Invoker Set 6 pieces set bonus: The attack speed of Punish, Slash and Mirinae Gem are increased by 50% and deal 900% of your Thorns damage to the first enemy hit. ( it makes Mirinae gem more useble, its holy and healing efect smite nearby enemy every 1,5 sec and also add Thorns efect) Barbarian Immortal King Set 6 pieces set bonus: While both Wrath of the Berserker and Call of the Ancients is active, you deal 500% increased damage. Warmonger – is no longer sword, now its a Mighty weapon, with drop for Barbarian, with special secondary power: Increases all your damage by 50-75%. Skulars Salvation – Increase the damage of Ancienit Spear by 100%. When you hits 5 or fewer enemies, the damage is incresed by 120-150% Witch Doctor Starmetal Kukri legendary power – Reduce the cooldown of Big Bad Voodoo by 1 second each time your fetishes deal damage. In adition Big Bad Voodoo has effect of every runa. Zunimassas Haunt set: Pets are now mean Fetishes and Gargantuans.(not zombie dogs) Helltooth set: Now dont use skills Firebats, Piranhas, Gargantuan But 6 set bonus gain 2000% increased damage for 15 seconds to you primary skills, Acid Cloud, Zombie charger, Zombie Dogs, Grasp of the Dead and Wall of the Death. Necromancer Corpse Lance skill: (it was excessive, need to be decresed) Target an enemy to summon projectiles from nearby corpses that cause 1750% weapon damage over 5 seconds, to the target. Golden Gorget of Leoric amulet – now drop only for necromancer and with changed legendary power to: increase the maximum number of skeletons for your command skeletons +3 and give 30% aditional damage to them. Pestilance set: 2 set bonus: Each corpse you consume reduce the cooldown of your Simulacrum by 2%. 4 set bonus: Each enemy you hit with Bone Spirit reduces your damage taken by 15%, up to a maximum of 60%. Lasts 20 seconds Monk Ulianas set 6 bonus: first part same as normal. But in adition If there is only 3 and less enemies in 25 yards increases damage by 100%. Wizard Ouroboros Amulet: special power – all off damage your skills do is now Arcane.Zasz1 28 Jul
26 Jul Why is Archon build good? I started Wizard this season. I have been trying to use two builds. My first build is kind of my own while I am still leveling and gearing up. I was dying a lot but recently managed to reduce damage taken. The second build I have also tried and possibly aiming to is Archon. I can see 95% wizards use Archon form. I cannot figure out where the catch is because I cannot do much dmg and my health is dropping very fast if I get hit. I can see other Archon wizards' damage and protection is much higher than mine. Tal Rasha: https://www.d3planner.com/361763106 This is the build I have been using so far. I tried plenty of items with Tal Rasha and DMG was always ok but to survive higher Rifts is painful. I managed to reduce damage taken by using Ice Armor with Halo of Arlyse. 4 stacks of buff also gives me 100% more resistance and Mantle of Channeling also reduce damage by another 25%. I can see this build has or will have limit very soon. (current incomplete) Archon build https://www.d3planner.com/100874279 This is what I managed to collect for my current Archon build but I have not had enough luck to get everything well rolled. I am still missing In-geom. I tend to be vulnerable without Ice Armor, I seem to die even more than using pure Tal Rasha build I have been leveling with. Could someone please explain what is the rotation to maximise dmg and protection using Archon form?Céldor3 26 Jul
25 Jul Help for Solo gr70 Hello all, I'm trying to clear a gr70 but i can't. Could you tell me if my stuff is too light for GR70 or my skills ?! (i have already an idea !!) I can 't stack "archon'stack" (50-60). I deal no damage, it's amazing, i guess my rotation is bad. I start with archon and i pull a lot of mobs but my damage is too weak. Please help me !! ==> https://eu.battle.net/d3/fr/profile/hypnotief-2159/hero/97160922 Thanks PS: sorry for my bad english :(hypnotief1 25 Jul
24 Jul Incorrect distance https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/class/wizard/active/slow-time https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/class/wizard/active/teleport From the description, we should not teleportating from one side to another of this sphere. However, this is not the case because we teleporting extra ~15 yards away of sphere. So real range of tp is smth like 75. How could that be? Is it incorrect discription of teleport spell?BloodAssasin0 24 Jul
24 Jul TAL/VYR WIZARD need fire proc i'v just recently taken wizzard up, and ofc i look at the leaderboards to try the "best" build. but i cant seem to proc the fire for Tal's 6s bonus. i have all the right spells etc but it just wont proc the fire. here is my char https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tvat-21257/hero/96101534Tvat2 24 Jul
23 Jul Allow mirror mimics cast desintegrate Chaos nexus all over the screen! Also, i don't see a reason why the shoudln't cast it, skill description actually says they should be able to.Madmaxio1 23 Jul
20 Jul Need help! I got stuck in gr 70. Hello guys, I'm really stuck in gr 70 and can't go higher. Now I don't know what to do.. if it's better to do gr and drop better gear or try to forge items or augment some of my ancients.. https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/AxECZ-2525/hero/95966089 I'm new to Diablo 3AxECZ1 20 Jul
20 Jul Vyr/Tal Rasha bug? Hi guys. So I'm explaining my situation. As I see a lot of wizards using the mix between the two Vyr and Tal rasha sets, I started to play with it. My stats are far than perfect, but I followed step by step all of the gear composition to make it work, I tried all the possible adjustement, but nothing fixes my problem. I see a lot of wizard transforming in archon and getting a blue lighting laser and electric damages even with the Combustion rune on it, so they use the parlysis/Manald heal combo to get insane damages. And there is my problem... Whenever I turn into archon, whatever changes I make on my stuff, I get fire damages and a fire laser... and so I can't get my paralysis passive working, and I can't deal any damages... I thought that the 2.6 update could have an impact, but I read it and there's nothing mentionned about my problem, and I keep seeing wizard using this gear and getting lighting damages when they turn into archons... Hope someone can help me. Thanks a lot.NombrilBORG4 20 Jul
17 Jul Pure Arcane Torrent Build advise - returning player Hello my fellow Wizards, From the beginning of Diablo, I have been addicted to the Wizard class and 90% of my time in any Diablo game, I played the Wizard. I used to be a big theorycrafter, but work and life prevents me to put a lot of time into that anymore. I came back to D3 about 2 weeks ago after a 1-2 year break. Surprisingly, my AT build was still rolling T6 campaign mode without much issues, it was just a little slow. With the new additions of Kanai's cube and all the different set bonuses, I started to look around ways to improve the build and I managed to improve it a tiny bit. Replaced familiar with Frost Nova for some extra survivability, but I don't have that Frost nova legendary ring yet(halo? something) Obviously I prefer not to use any other elemental skill than Arcane. I've been playing around with Tal Rasha set, but as I am only 1 element, those bonuses aren't really the best for this specific build I think, but so far the best I could come up with. Any advice for this build will be greatly appreciated. The only skill I prefer not to change is AT, other skill suggestions will be considered. Gear, gems etc are all up for discussion. [EDIT]: idiot me forgot the link to the build lol: https://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BobMaster-1388/hero/195840 I already thank you all for any help you can/want to offer me. P.S.: Does anyone have any new data regarding LoH procs on channeled skills, it seems to me that life regen is now more useful for a wiz than LoH. Kind Regards, BobMasterBobMaster1 17 Jul
13 Jul Maintaining Tal Rasha stacks while in Archon Is this possible? How is it done? I know you have to alternate between two elemental attacks but what are they in archon form when you have all the runes from the Vyr's two set bonus? I know the disintegration wave is lightning. What are the arcane blasts and strikes? Cheers :)Gergaroth1 13 Jul
12 Jul Archon ability 2 and 3 gone? I don't posess the ability Slow Time and Teleport when I'm in Archon Form. Is this a bug or has this been nerfed?Diamond2 12 Jul
11 Jul Regarding wiz dmg Hello, I just want to check sth with you guys... So i've collected almost whole firebird setup and i've noticed that outside of archon form my dmg is more or less nothing.. Is that how wiz works or am i missing sth? I'm only ~300 paragon tho.. I'm wondering because i'm seeing other classes breezing through same greater rift lvlsiSeshi1 11 Jul
11 Jul Frost wizard Not that anyone over at blizzard will read this but, when do we get to play anything other than archon? I have wanted to build a frost wizard since forever but no matter if I try tal rasha or dmo set it just doesn't work. At this point there is no reason to play the wizard unless you like archon. Sure we can be super fast in rift if we play on normal mode but what class isn't?. I wanna fill the screen with frost, ice and snow!Skrax6 11 Jul
09 Jul Any frost builds ? Hi, Does anyone managed to play with a decent frost build ? Would be nice to have a frost build that clears Gr80+ ThanksKaskade0 09 Jul
08 Jul Archon/Vyr's 6 set bonus rework? Just wondering if anyone else would like to run a straight 6 piece archon and have it viable? tals is great and and all, just would like to have a better 6 piece bonus on vyr's as a stand alone set... anyone else?Oaken1 08 Jul
07 Jul Meteors Everywhere Build (need help min/maxing) I will say right up front that I know this isn't the best Wizard build, it's not the end all of damage, all of that stuff. It is ridiculously fun, though, and I'd like my fun to do as much damage as possible. Basically, in this build, everything procs a meteor... and one thing procs a black hole. It uses Disintegrate as the primary AP spender. It uses Etched Sigil as the weapon ability in the Cube. This basically means that while I'm casting Disintegrate it has a chance to proc one of my other AP spenders for free. The only ones I have selected are Meteor and Black Hole. I have the two piece set bonus from Tal Rasha's elements, which means whenever you damage an enemy with cold/fire/arcane/lightning, it drops a meteor of that kind on that enemy. Not necessarily releveant to this, but I also have the three piece bonus from both Blackthorne's Battlegear and Aughild's Authority. At the moment, the skills I have activated are: Meteor (Star Pact, Arcane): When this does damage when NOT cast by Tal Rasha's set bonus, it procs another arcane Meteor. Electrocute (Surge of Power, lightning): Using it as AP regen and to proc lightning based Meteors Black Hole (Spellsteal, Arcane): Using it for the damage buff and it can proc an arcane meteor, though I feel that element is usually on the built in cooldown with Tal Rasha's. Ice Armor (Frozen storm): Procs and ice meteor on anyone that gets too close. Disintegrate (Convergence, fire): This procs a fire Meteor. It also procs a Black Hole and an Arcane Meteor (both from the Etched Sigil), which can proc a follow-up arcane meteor. My question is, the skills and runes used, is there a better combo? The gear for this is mostly static, with only a few spots for wiggle room, so it's more about the best skills to get the most results. Edit: One of my primary openers is to BH a group to get the buff and the first meteor, tag them with electrocute to get another meteor, then lay into them with Disintegrate and let it proc over and over. Edit 2: Proc'd BHs also give the Spellsteal buff. Edit 3: I should probably mention that Teleport is the other spell I'm using.Olordrin0 07 Jul