Technical Support

11 Jan CROWDS on Twitter - Season 7 Ep25: All Good Things About half a year ago, we've begun a little experiment to tap into the potential of the playerbase to help itself when it comes to a variety of issues that may not necessarily require contact with Blizzard customer support, such as technical issues or game-related questions. A number of volunteers, experienced at Blizzard games and interested in lending a helping hand to fellow players, have signed up over the months, contributing to our efforts in seeing our players' problems resolved. This CROWDS program was a player-based support initiative that allowed volunteers to help their fellow adventurers via Twitter, using an Android-based mobile app tied to our own social media channels. This app allowed participating helpers to see and respond to tweets that were asking Blizzard for help. You can find more detailed information on CROWDS and how to use the app on our support site article. Alas, the initiative has run its course and we are preparing to lay this program to rest as we proceed to look for other ways to improve the reach and efficiency of our support. Before this curtain will close, however, we wanted to run one last season in order to give everyone a chance to assemble one last time, to make use of this tool for a few more weeks, and to have a last shot at qualifying for our rewards. No matter whether you're a veteran CROWDS helper or want to give this a try before the opportunity fades, all are welcome to subscribe to the app and help their fellow gamers! These are the rewards from which you may pick, should you manage to outshine most of your fellow participants: Hearthstone: Card Packs (x7) Heroes of the Storm: Loot Chests (x12) Overwatch: Loot Boxes (x11) StarCraft II: Co-op Commanders (pick any 2 and/or share StarCraft II: Announcers (pick any 2 and/or share with a friend) with a friend) NOTE: Please be aware that using protected Tweets may prevent others from viewing your responses, disqualifying you from participation. Be sure to set your Tweets to public in order to remain visible and eligible for potential rewards!Hagut0 11 Jan
21 Jul Common Connection and Latency Issues - PC/MAC Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpVyraneer5 21 Jul
17 Feb 2015 Common Issues & Fixes – Read Before Posting! Hot Topics Please follow @BlizzardCSEU_EN for current service status. For known in-game issues, see here. Game Icons Instead of Names Players with large friends lists may occasionally only see game icons in their chat feed instead of full names when multiple friends come online Missing Cosmetics on Console: Newly created characters are not receiving Angelic Wings or Infernal Helms on log in – Please note: the Angelic Wings will now be found in the Cosmetics section of your Inventory if any characters had them in their Inventory or Stash prior to the patch. Additionally, any Infernal Helms in your Inventory or Stash prior to the patch will still be there I've found a bug! Please submit your bug reports here. Common Issues & Workarounds Click on the type of issue you are experiencing for advice on how to resolve: Account & Security (Hacked/Can't login/Authenticator etc.) Installation & Patching (Stuck /slow downloads/BLZXXXXX errors/DVDs etc.) Connection & Latency (Lag/Regular disconnections/Unable to connect etc.) Performance & Stability (Crashes/Low FPS/Freezing etc.) If your issues persist after trying all of the troubleshooting steps in the article, please read this post on how to create an effective thread.Natryndon0 17 Feb 2015
17 Feb 2015 Welcome to the Technical Support Forum! Welcome to the Technical Support forum! This forum provides players with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and official Blizzard representatives. While this forum is NOT intended to replace our support contact channels, players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, and participate in on-going discussions here. Accordingly, it is of utmost importance that all players treat each other with courtesy and respect. For more information, please review the Forum Code of Conduct. Our MVPs are also here to help you: Ananda Cazzéh DeanX Nyshae Omachi Oussebon SanekoNatryndon2 17 Feb 2015
1h code 1016 and 3006 diconnects anyone suffers same?Ctxprince14 1h
1h Error Code 3006 So, I have been trying to play Diablo 3 all day. I went through the steps of releasing / renewing my IP and flushing my DNS. I even reinstalled the Battle.Net app thinking it might be that. I can get onto the European servers but the game is EXTREMELY laggy. The character barely animates and it takes more than 10+ seconds for the game to respond. Please help me fix thisGroundZer00 1h
1h D3 Stop working after S13update Game stop working total freez, after every try to launch the game. It is was a very long tiket,and nobody was from support has got the problem indeed.Just install ,reinstall a lot of stuff drivers ..and noting help. D3 S13 it is a BIG FAT BUG for me.Mrak1 1h
2h Error 1016 - Disconnections I've tried all the tips listed in the Diablo III Disconnection Problems page, but I'm still getting the same error. MSInfo: DxDiag: 2h
11h Very high latency in Diablo, good ping in OW/HotS Hi, I'm having very high latency on d3 from time to time, usually the whole weekend and sometimes more, had that problem in the past and contacted support, they suggested I change my internet provider and I did. It helped for a while but now the problems are back. It's weird because hots and ow are totally playable with good ping (around 80-90), and only D3 causes problems even though it's single player, I get around 1.5k ms and the game is unplayable. What can I do? it's driving me nuts! ThanksYoav4202 11h
1d Update V2.6.1.49508 Freezes in game? Current update wont allow me to play, since the last update the other day - V2.6.1.49508. the game logs in, i select the game, when the game starts, the freezes, cursor moves but everything is frozen. Even coming out of the game is a problem, have to restart. Nothing on my system has changed, except the update that came through the other day. I tried repairing, resetting the game, using 32bit launch instead of 64bit, but same, it freezes. Win 10 - RX 560 4gb - 8gb - Core i3 7100.Morph3S3 1d
1d Total freeze! Hi i open rift and after a while game freeze totally and i don´t know what to do i have tested firewall settings,repair and reinstalling. What do i do?Eredos1 1d
1d Low performance in s13 I'm having performance issues ingame where my fps range from 11-30. Last time i played i was having no issues and getting 80-100 fps iirc. My system info: I7 6700k @4ghz geforce 1070 gtx Samsung SSD 850 EVO 16 gb of ddr4 List if things I've done to fix the issue. - Clean driver install with DDU - updated every driver on my system - Various fixes to nvidia control panel and in windows regarding power and performance options - Clean install of diablo 3 - Repair of diablo 3 - Clean install of windows 10 Nothing has yet worked dxdiag: 1d
1d Diablo 3 Retail has stopped working. Hello, I looked over previous threads with this issue and tried all of the steps suggested on them. I am not sure what to do now, but I have noticed that I cannot open other Blizzard games today as well. Though for some reason Destiny 2 worked fine (opened from the Bnet app). Thanks in advance for any help that can be offered.Duality18 1d
2d Seasonal Item Transfers Extension Requesting Time Extension to Recover Seasonal Item Transfers to Non Seasonal Account. I am currently in the hospital and heavily drugged, with limited internet access and no access to the client. I had a lot of epic legendary items from the Necromancer Expansion Pack season that I don't want to lose, and took me a lot of time to grind out. If the item transfers expire in the mailbox, it could be game ending for me, since I know a lot of the legendaries only drop once per account. Thanks for your help.zer01 2d
2d Blue goblin does not drop loot It happened on a normal rift. I was playing monk while my friend was playing witch doctor. We encountered the blue goblin. As a monk, I attacked the goblin with crippling wave (tsunami rune) and cyclone strike (wall of wind rune). The witch doctor used fire wall attack(dunno it's name since I don't play with witch doctor). We managed to kill all Blue goblins only to find that the goblins did not drop anything. So far it's the first time this thing happened to us. Difficulty Torment 8Tiger4 2d
2d Diablo 3 Retail is not responding... i've been having this issue for the last few hours,basically since there was a restart earlier this evening... anyone else having this issue? i have been able to log into other games through the blizzard app. i have tried scan and repair amongst other things i have seen online to see if i could fix this issue...Marcel18 2d
2d Put game on a 2nd sata drive........ Now how do I get d3prefix file to work and where can I find it? I have file dropped it on Game drive and added it to my documents on c drive.JacobsHell1 2d
2d Forum bug I have forum bug. It is happening on D3 and on HS forum. After refreshes (sometimes just 1 sometimes 10 and more) I manage to get page I want to open, but it is annoying as hell. It started yesterday. Here is picture how it looks: EDIT: I forgot to tell that it is happening on US and EU forum.Frabato3 2d
3d Strange audio issues (distorted sound effects) Since the new patch, some sound effects are distorted for me sometimes. It happens in both the 32bit and 64bit client. It often happens with the crusader steed spell, and monsters that have long death screams when they die. Even when there are almost no monsters on the screen the sound goes weird. I play with sound channels on high (128) so that shouldn't be the issue. My sound card is a Sound Blaster ZxRJerkbait20 3d
3d Anyway to play offline mode? For me,Blizzard games tend to lag during evening hours for watever reason. in Overwatch case i can barely login and even then it DCs me every 5 minutes. in case of Diablo 3 i have 1k ping and above,making it unplayble, and i have seen others with same problem. i asked for customer support and no issues found on my end, there ANY chance at all of having an update that will allow me play peacefully offline?AstroNova0 3d
3d Bounty bug I ran into Act II bounty (Hematic Key), door leading to Temple of Firstborn level 2 opened, bounty didn't count. This happened first time for me. Investigate asap.JerryVaiRose0 3d
4d WTF IS THIS WTF IS THIS? Iam trying to download stupid 3,7Mb BattleNet app about two hours and still on 0Mb/s... WTF IS THIS, WTF SERVERS ARE YOU USING ? ... Flinstone Desktop PC or scientific pocket calculator?Larsen0 4d
4d Audio/Visual stuttering? Been playing the game for a couple of days and everything had been working smoothly, right up until yesterday in which the game suddenly began stuttering every five or so seconds.. This includes hit lag, loss of frames and the incredibly frustrating audio stutter. I have tried 32bit and windowed with absolutely no luck, and my router has just been updated so it can't be any sort of connection issue. Unfortunately, if it continues, I may have to stop playing as it's really becoming a hindrance. Anyone got any recommendations or fixes, would love the help!Delta030 4d
4d game is running error Hi I can not enter the game after the last update for a month, I m opening a battlenet menü, I say start, game is running but , the game does not start help plsDarkseid0 4d
4d Have to reload game from computer problems My pc ended up with a really bad virus using nsa hacks. So while the computer was isolated and information didn't get out....the system itself could not be saved. So a factory re-install has to be done. This means reloading diablo back in. So are there any files, folders, etc. that I need to keep on flash drive? Note: I'm using another pc to write this, as the gaming one is being set up for re-install.Iczelion1 4d
5d stutter/freeze Since yesterday i have had some very unpleasent play hours, lag spikes, stutter and freeze constantly... Anyone else? or do i have to blame my pc...Amokka1 5d
6d -Start Game disabled while joining party- So I log into the game and on the menu screen I get -Start Game disabled while joining party- I´ve managed to overcome the problem a few times by logging in and out of PTR and then into Asia realm and then back into the EU realm and sometimes its fixed and I can play as normal. Another thing that sometimes happens is before I get to the menu screen I have the 2 modes displayed to choose, one side is a picture of Story mode and the other campaign mode.....a few seconds later I´m logged out automatically. Help!!!Xiphos3 6d
6d Conquests not counting season 13 After doing Curses! Conquest, season journey didn't update to 2 completed in the conqueror tab, so I'm still stuck on conqueror even though I've done 2 conquestsBT1605251 6d
6d Conquests not counting Season 13 After doing Curses! Conquest, season journey didn't update to 2 completed in the conqueror tab, so I'm still stuck on conqueror even though I've done 2 conquestsBT1605250 6d
6d Missing mouse arrow mouse arrow is missing. What to do?Treesong2 6d
6d Ping Issues (LookingGlass and WINMTR results included) Having ping issues mostly with Diablo 3 (not so much with other games). I've run LookingGlass and WINMTR as that was advised in some other posts, but i'm not sure how to interpret the results, or what to do now that i have the results. They both show 100% packet loss occurring at various stages throughout the path. Advice is greatly appreciated, thanks. ----LOOKING GLASS RESULTS---- TRACEROUTE: traceroute to (, 15 hops max, 60 byte packets 1 gateway (Blizzard) 0.403 ms 0.401 ms 0.471 ms 2 * * * 3 ( 0.815 ms 0.832 ms 0.904 ms 4 ( 6.818 ms 6.835 ms 6.835 ms 5 ( 6.682 ms 6.706 ms 6.708 ms 6 ( 7.140 ms 6.958 ms 6.934 ms 7 ( 8.530 ms 8.981 ms 8.988 ms 8 ( 7.923 ms 8.155 ms 8.145 ms 9 * * * 10 * * * 11 * * * 12 * * * 13 * * * 14 * * * 15 * * * 13/03/2018 10:01:48 UTC -------------------- PING: PING ( 56(84) bytes of data. --- ping statistics --- 4 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 2999ms 13/03/2018 10:01:48 UTC -------------------- MTR: Start: Tue Mar 13 10:01:48 2018 HOST: Blizzard Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev 1.|-- gateway 0.0% 10 0.4 0.4 0.4 0.6 0.0 2.|-- ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 3.|-- 0.0% 10 0.9 0.9 0.8 1.0 0.0 4.|-- 0.0% 10 6.8 6.8 6.8 6.8 0.0 5.|-- 0.0% 10 6.7 6.6 6.6 6.7 0.0 6.|-- 0.0% 10 6.8 6.9 6.7 7.2 0.0 7.|-- 0.0% 10 9.0 8.9 8.7 9.1 0.0 8.|-- 0.0% 10 8.2 8.2 8.2 8.6 0.0 9.|-- ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 13/03/2018 10:01:48 UTC -------------------- ----WINMTR RESULTS---- |------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | WinMTR statistics | | Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last | |------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------| | BThomehub.home - 0 | 1072 | 1072 | 3 | 4 | 20 | 4 | | No response from host - 100 | 214 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | No response from host - 100 | 214 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | - 0 | 1072 | 1072 | 8 | 10 | 41 | 11 | | - 0 | 1072 | 1072 | 8 | 10 | 40 | 9 | | - 0 | 1072 | 1072 | 9 | 11 | 40 | 12 | | - 0 | 1072 | 1072 | 9 | 11 | 43 | 12 | | - 0 | 1072 | 1072 | 9 | 14 | 151 | 11 | | No response from host - 100 | 214 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | - 0 | 1072 | 1072 | 15 | 17 | 41 | 18 | | - 0 | 1072 | 1072 | 15 | 17 | 41 | 18 | |________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______| WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud ProviderRollinge0 6d
6d Impossible to play like this Stutters, freezes or whatever you call it are getting worse with each day and I am 100% sure it has something to do with recent anti-cheat patch and activision's invigilating software or other similar gimmick they do to survey what we do in game and on our computer in general. At moments my entire game freezes. I was in GR today and it just froze, everything, I naturally died. Then it unfreezes and works normally as soon as I get the "Revive at corpse" and so on screen. I click revive and as soon as I click it it freezes again. So I die again and then it again works normally as soon as the revive options appear. Same thing was happening yesterday when I was doing bounties. I can alt+tab and watch video on youtube but the game is just there frozen. This game was getting worse with each season, but congratulations, you managed to make it worse with each day. Last two weeks were a roller coaster of failure on the development part and I feel this won't change. I guess this is it for me. Edit. Recently I got back to my hc character I haven't touched since ros launch, but I would have to be brainless in order to keep on playing hardcore.PieknyTomek6 6d
12 Mar Account merging please Hello Admins and people in charge of the forum i come to you with a request.I have a "main" blizzard account with OW SC2 and HOTS but when it came to diablo i have bought the game and redeemed the code on other acc witch i aloso made because i forgot my user name and so on So please i want to merge the acc if thats possible to have diablo on my first acc and i can prove that their both my acc with all the proof you gentleman need Im waiting for a response and have a good day!CozzyGame1 12 Mar
12 Mar I can't verify my email account The link to verify my email doesn't work I've opened 4 different accounts and tried different locations. What do I do?Snatrix4 12 Mar
12 Mar unexpected error hi, I instaled diablo 3 on new computer and after press "start", there is "the application encountered an unexpected error" number B6FA8820-BDAE-461E-B89D-A43DCCF4BF5E. Please could you tell me, whats wrong?moňásek7 12 Mar
12 Mar Diablo 3 stuck after starting up Hi, so I haven't played D3 on PC in a while and I recently got backed into my blizzard account and re-installed D3, it is all installed now and updated and basically when I start it up, it gets to the Main Menu where that box comes up telling my about the necromancer add-on. I don't want it right now so I go to click back or exit and ESC on my keyboard and nothing happens!! There is a mouse cursor but nothing happens when I click and nothing happens with the keyboard either!! I don't know what the problem is but one thing I did notice is that the cursor is not the D3 game cursor, it just looks like my normal desktop cursor so maybe some how my keyboard+mouse aren't entering into the game screen some how? I don't know!! Someone please HEEELLPPP@!Genko0 12 Mar
12 Mar Diablo 3 still not working Cannot understand how to manage to play on Diablo again. Still stuck saying the game is "still running", created another account on the computer but doesn't work there either, and cannot uninstall the game since it says that it's still running. I don't know what to do at this point, please help.Dovahtosco3 12 Mar
11 Mar Error code 1023 I have had trouble connecting to diablo 3 since the new patch, I bought and paid for the necro bundle as I would like to give them a try. Things I have tried: Restarting my router Refreshing my connection Troubleshooting my connection Repairing the diablo 3 installation Running in 32 bit mode Running in compatibility mode Trawling through the forums for a fix Allowing Diablo 3 through every firewall. Help would be appreciated. Thanks.Tomhol9 11 Mar
11 Mar 7 FPS - Unplayable Hi, I've been able to play so far with everything at max quality and no problems. Now I only have 4-8 FPS and this is impossible to play. I've tried everything in the forums. Restarting router doesn't work. Refreshing DNS and flushing and all that neither. I've tested my connection speed and it's perfect. Downgrading all the performance factors doesn't make any difference. I have repaired the game; nothing. I have re-installed the game; nothing. No virus. And the antivirus is correctly in silence mode when playing the game. NVidia GTX 950 already at latest controller (the same I had for days playing the game with no problems). Checked as well programs running in the background. Nothing is taking up the CPU nor GPU attention more than unusual. It has been like this for two days. Tested several different times. I desperately need help.... Many thanks in advance.Zito1 11 Mar
11 Mar Game crashes after purchasing Reaper of Souls expansion I purchased the reaper of souls expansion today and from the moment i registered the key the game crashes right away. I get the message "Diablo 3 retail has stopped working" and it crashes what should i do?zeuredi8 11 Mar
5d Season 13, Chapter 1 rewards not received. I just completed Chapter 1 of season 13 and I didn't receive an in game mail containing the reward. I't also not in my storage or inventory.Alwyn6 5d
12 Mar Completed Chapter Chest lost Hey, So i have just started playing season 13. As i was about to open my 2nd chest (from completing chapter 3) I got kicked out of game. All the way out to the login screen. Logged in again, thinking that it is just a small annoyance, to see that my chest is gone. All i can think is that the game kicked me out as i clicked on the chest. And even without me seeing it happen, it opened up. From what i understand from the item restoration page, blizzard cant help returning this to me at all? Meaning i will have to farm the 2 pieces i was supposed to get "for free" the normal way? It is really no hassle, but there should be a way to avoid/work around this issue in the cases they do happen.OperatorEvil3 12 Mar
11 Mar Help me pls i lost my account in Diablo3 :( Please help me i lost my game name,email and pasword.I have original game and CD key,can u talk my Email adress name please or something?My existing email adress is <snip> please contat me.Menfly2 11 Mar
10 Mar Freezes / lock ups Constant screen lock up upon entering diablo, task manager wont solve it, in fact i cannot even get to task manager, i alt tab to a clear screen with the diablo cursor thats blue. Ive re installed the game 3 times, i have Gforce experience for nvidia and constant up dates for both windows and my graphics card. With updates applied. Ive tried repairing - says nothing needs repairing. Am out of ideas and patience. Everytime this happens am forced to re boot my machine. Ive not changed anything on resolutions in game or done any in gforce experience optimzing either, standard 1920 x 1080 set up, all the bells and whistles turned up. These settings have not changed. Windows 10 home intel core 1.7-6700k cpu @4.6 overclocked 32.0 GB 64 bit operating System Nvidia 980 GTX tiDepechenova11 10 Mar
10 Mar code error 1016 i need the money that i wasted on this game back ,, didnt pay soo i can just look at the game on desktop like an idiot this game cant be played always error 1016 serched in google many players reported it but no answer on howto fix ..this is called stealing moneyhardyboy12 10 Mar
10 Mar Fully patched, operable game, re-pulling installation Not for the first time, a fully patched install ditches me mid-game, gripes about activation, then pulls the ENTIRE INSTALL again. From scratch. Game was fully functional until the kick. Game version is fine. Cache is cleared post every patch because this is not an unknown issue Still sitting here watching a 16GB re-install pull because *reasons*crustypup1 10 Mar
11 Mar Achievment Necro Skeleton Crew hey guys, i m doing the achievment skeleton crew and my skeletons are killing the Elite but it wont count for the achievment so i m stuck. Can u guys help me pls?Pit2 11 Mar
10 Mar i realy need to fix it anyone know how to solve the (error code 1016/disconecting) other then what blizzard has to offer?hardyboy2 10 Mar
10 Mar My characters are gone? Hi will need help, my characters are somehow gone. can anyone help to retrieve them or do i really have to start over from lv1??? Omg.... pls help thanks!Noobiejosh1 10 Mar
09 Mar BUG: Shifting Paradox 1 - Normal Rift BUG: just got into a normal rift, can't get to level 2. whenever I click the exit, I am sent back to the level I already was. Level 1 of the rift is "Shifting Paradox 1".Jezper2 09 Mar