Technical Support

21 Jul 2017 Common Connection and Latency Issues - PC/MAC Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpVyraneer5 21 Jul 2017
17 Feb 2015 Common Issues & Fixes – Read Before Posting! Hot Topics Please follow @BlizzardCSEU_EN for current service status. For known in-game issues, see here. Game Icons Instead of Names Players with large friends lists may occasionally only see game icons in their chat feed instead of full names when multiple friends come online Missing Cosmetics on Console: Newly created characters are not receiving Angelic Wings or Infernal Helms on log in – Please note: the Angelic Wings will now be found in the Cosmetics section of your Inventory if any characters had them in their Inventory or Stash prior to the patch. Additionally, any Infernal Helms in your Inventory or Stash prior to the patch will still be there I've found a bug! Please submit your bug reports here. Common Issues & Workarounds Click on the type of issue you are experiencing for advice on how to resolve: Account & Security (Hacked/Can't login/Authenticator etc.) Installation & Patching (Stuck /slow downloads/BLZXXXXX errors/DVDs etc.) Connection & Latency (Lag/Regular disconnections/Unable to connect etc.) Performance & Stability (Crashes/Low FPS/Freezing etc.) If your issues persist after trying all of the troubleshooting steps in the article, please read this post on how to create an effective thread.Natryndon0 17 Feb 2015
17 Feb 2015 Welcome to the Technical Support Forum! Welcome to the Technical Support forum! This forum provides players with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and official Blizzard representatives. While this forum is NOT intended to replace our support contact channels, players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, and participate in on-going discussions here. Accordingly, it is of utmost importance that all players treat each other with courtesy and respect. For more information, please review the Forum Code of Conduct. Our MVPs are also here to help you: Ananda Cazzéh DeanX Nyshae Omachi Oussebon SanekoNatryndon2 17 Feb 2015
52m Can maintenance affect clan roster Logging in today the first thing i noticed is clan roster dropped from over 100 to 47 members. Could this have been caused by system maintenance yesterday? Are there backups? Clan id is Staggers Daggers clan tag <dagger>StaggerLee2 52m
6h accidental deletion my 6 yr old daughter has deleted all my characters - is there any way that they can be reinstatedMadslasher2 6h
3d Life per Second not Working L70 Seasonal Warrior Paragon 350, life per second at about 19,100. Currently not working appears to have started today. Any suggestions?royalflush2 3d
4d FIX THE SHUTTER! It's been forever now. And still no fix?! Only workaround is to play in Full screen (window) And then you loose some FPS. Why have you not fixed this after so many years? Many people have this problem, and I'm guessing you have no fix for this blizzard, right? Dose not matter the computer setup. So don't ask. If you need some, there is many Topics on this.StoneOcean1 4d
4d Fix the shutter! It's been forever now. And still no fix?! Only workaround is to play in Full screen (window) And then you loose some FPS. Why have you not fixed this after so many years? Many people have this problem, and I'm guessing you have no fix for this blizzard, right? Dose not matter the computer setup. So don't ask. If you need some, there is many Topics on this.StoneOcean1 4d
6d error code 1021 I can not connect with the D3 server with error code 1021, anyone knows what happened?Real1 6d
6d The realm of fright bugs from time to time. When doing alot of act 4 The Realm Of Fright. The first boss often bugs and cant summon the second and third boss. And as you cant teleport out from the fight, i gotta either die or leave the game completly to reset him witch sucks as i might have like 5-8 stacks of xp pool and sucks to lose thise just because he bugged or lose all my machines as i awlays open all 4 of the machines and i like to start with the act 4 fight first because i find it borring and just want it get done asap.Gekke1 6d
12 Mar no damage to character my character takes no health loss, I can just stand there let enemies hit me and nothing happens to me, eventually they die by hitting me, game is no challenge, something must be wrong, please helpSirLoin582 12 Mar
11 Mar Season 16 Problems Hi, I'm on Chapter IV and have completed all objectives bar one. Which is 'Great Expectations' where you need to reach Level 20 Solo on the Greater Rift mode. I have done that and have not received my rewards for completing the last Chapter. What have I missed? I have no way of finding out if I have missed any levels but am sure I've haven't.Caliburn6 11 Mar
09 Mar I cant Install the full Game I have a little Problem. I have an Official Hard copy of the Battle Chest Bundle (Diablo 3 & Reaper of Souls). I wanted to install it again on my new PC. The thing is that i have my old Battle.net Account, but i just changed the password, because i forgot it. And now it shows me (even if i install it from the CD itself) that i have a Starter Version. I dont really know what to do, but i would love to have atleast all The 5 Acts of the full game. If you have any Tips, please Help.Perkelt2 09 Mar
08 Mar Game freezes when entering the game So today i started the game, it worked fine until yesterday, lots of new bugs i never saw, but worked. Today, I start the game, i can get into menu, but when i press start and i enter the game, the game freezes so hard, i cannot even use ctrl+alt+del .. Tried it 2 times .. then i did repair scan, still happening .. Battlenet > diablo > main menu > the second i enter game, freeze EDIT: After like on 10th tries, it works ..sh3riff18 08 Mar
08 Mar Help! My characters have disappeared! I logged in for the first time in a few years and all my character data has disappeared. What is the solution to this problem?SHIMOBÈ6 08 Mar
07 Mar "Stuttering" but no FPS loss. The issue I'm having seems to be different to most reported... I'm not getting any fps loss at all and the game runs really smooth most of the time, but every 20 mins or so for a very small amount of time, it feels like there is a Stuttering occurring... Even though the fps remains at 60. Anyone else experience / resolve this? It happens regardless of settings, but I'm running on full everything at 4k with no issues outside of this. My specs: Ryzen 5 1600 RTX 2060 6gb 16gb DDR4 ram.lastapproach3 07 Mar
05 Mar Diablo grey screen and crash on launch. Diablo grey screens and crashes on launch, have tried repairing game files, clearing battlen.net cache file, running in compatability mode, 32 bit mode and running as admin, error code EDAF7C0D-34D8-490E-B352-3B5BBFD34998 any ideas? Thanks in advance.domski9 05 Mar
04 Mar Lost Save Hi I've lost my save, everything is missing,items, heroes all of it, help me please! Kind regards Emiliyan GeorgievArmagedon4 04 Mar
04 Mar Keys on keyboard not working Hi, I have encountered the problem of a non-working keyboard. I am playing on a laptop, and I can confirm that all keys on my keyboard are working, as seen from this post here. However, during some instances in the game, all my key bindings stop working, I've checked the key bindings options and all of it are there, but I cant seem to use any skills or even go into my inventory or skills page. How do i fix this as this is not the first time its happening.PullThePlug10 04 Mar
03 Mar Lost connection killed my HC character My game connection was lost, now my HC monk is dead. what to do?MegaNord6 03 Mar
03 Mar Please fix rankings The rankings on EU site dont update, woul be nice to have it fixed.Psychosis1 03 Mar
02 Mar Cannot see caracter in profile (solved) When I log to eu.battle.net, I can see my caracter anymore in my battlenet profile. I get an error "500 Internal Server Error An error occurred. Please try again later. Error ID: 4Q646" That's annoying to recover former season build. I cannot open a web browser aside and redo the build in the game :/Khildram4 02 Mar
01 Mar Question about importing from the cloud Hi, I'm very sorry if this isn't the right place but I am unable to post a thread without upgrading my account and I only want to ask this one question. I have previously played Diablo 3 (original with no expansion) while I had an Xbox live account. At that time I saved my characters on the cloud. Since then I have not played and have no longer got the live account. I want to play the game, however I want to know what will happen when I get Xbox live again, can I merge the characters from online and offline together? Or will I need to choose one set of characters to keep. (Assuming I want to have them all accessable on other Xboxes in the future). I would also like to know if the characters will be playable with any patches that I get.mAGPIe0 01 Mar
27 Feb Bug on Ice Climbers! The Secondary on these Boots doesn't work. Please fix it Blizzard.ScienceBust1 27 Feb
27 Feb 500 Internal Server Error When accessing profile page 500 Internal Server Error An error occurred. Please try again later. Error ID: PTMCMsp5it10 27 Feb
26 Feb Lost connection killed my HC character My game connection was lost, now my HC monk is dead. what to do?MegaNord1 26 Feb
25 Feb lagmonster is killing us. please need your help asap please fix your servers. thank you https://youtu.be/Q8Ldr2G0j4MAhto2 25 Feb
25 Feb Code 300016 for upgrade and purchase I purchased the Battle chest pack, but couldn't upgrade the starter edition with the Reaper of souls expansion and definitely the necromancer one too. Can anyone help ?Ekkie3 25 Feb
24 Feb Nintendo Switch - Seasoned HC bug So long story short => Created a HC - leveled up today - and while i was doing a regular rift, my character decided to stay in one place and don't do anything - - was not feared/trapped etc, but i could not use any skill/ability or attack in general and i could not use potions either and none of them were on CD - Now it would be just for few second or so.. i would say yeah i missed something. but the character was practically standing in one place for 30-40 seconds without allowing me to do anything. - i could access the menu - go back to "play" but i had to watch character getting wrecked. any suggestions ? possiblity to restore it ? as it was hardly my fault in this scenario anyone encountered such issue?L3head0 24 Feb
24 Feb Account Transfer to new PC Hello! I'm not very good with computers and tech, so please bear with me! The PC I've been using to play both Diablo 2 and 3 is getting old and has problems, so I am about to get a new PC. I read elsewhere that I should be fine with my D3 account because I can just log in to the Blizzard site on my new computer and get things going from there. But what about D2? I purchased it through the online Blizzard store...but that seemed to be a download rather than running the game through the internet? Will I have to purchase it all over again, or is there a way to transfer from the old PC to the new one? Thanks!!Keela1 24 Feb
22 Feb sounds really choppy and game stutters hi my games sound and game play is a bit stuttery... the sound is really choppy and nothing i do will sort it out, the games stutters no matter what settings.. my pc is asus rtx 2080ti intel i9 32gb ram so i cant see it being my pc my monitor is asus 144hz 4k also not the issue when im doing rifts and the sound is just stuttering that bad it kind of makes me not want to play the game... i have tried 32 client i have changed all settings sounds settings from low to high repair files, re install and nothing?????LIFTY10 22 Feb
21 Feb Error 50 while opening profile I tried to lookup my profile on battlenet.net and got the error: 500 Internal Server Error An error occurred. Please try again later. Error ID: KYHOC tried several browsers and also checked on my phone, which resulted in the same contacted customer service and tried some steps with them, same result Can this please be fixed, i need to have acess to my profile for the current season Regards, FreakoutFreakout19 21 Feb
21 Feb Oops! Something went wrong. REDEEM CODE Hello from Turkey ı buyed Diablo III Reaper of Souls cd key from local game sellers when ı wrıte the redeem code they said 'Oops! Something went wrong.' what is wrong ? Sorry for my bad englishogezen1 21 Feb
20 Feb Microstuttering So I'm not sure if it's windows 10 or the new nvidia driver 418.91 , but eversince then I'm getting random microstutter (or microfreezes) in diablo 3. I've tried almost every possible solution to fix it but nothing has worked ( graphic options doesn't seem to affect micro stutters). Does anyone else had/ have this problem and can tell me how he fixed it. Thanks in advance! Gtx 970 i7 4770k 16 gb ram win 10 64 bitMugen1 20 Feb
18 Feb Difficulty Level - Can't change it Good day, I can't change the difficulty level to higher than Torment VI (clicking the right arrow is not functioning). The left arrow is responding to change the page to lower level, but that I can't comeback to where I was. Any idea how to correct that?Redhammer2 18 Feb
18 Feb Installing Diablo 3 and Diablo 3 ROS without a DVD rom As the title says i want to install the games on my laptop but it doesnt have a dvd rom. I already bought the games and i dont want go return them to the shop.Charles22033 18 Feb
18 Feb Huge lag spikes while playing Greetings everyone, I am experiencing huge lag spikes in Diablo 3. Bellow you have a video of the issue: https://photos.app.goo.gl/jepHQ7NLDpFE3zTM6 As you can see in the video, pinging 8.8.8.8 at the same time returns a very fast response, approximately 14-20 ms. This issue is only happening in Diablo III. I have never experienced this in any other game. This issue killed me on hardcore twice in the past and I just quit the game. Right now I'm eager to play it again and I have just reinstalled windows wiping all the data from the Hard Disk in hopes that it may fix this issue, but it didn't. This is becoming very frustrating. I have an 100 Mbps symmetric internet connection: https://www.speedtest.net/result/8048382241.png The other game I play most of the times is DotA 2 and I have never experienced anything like this. I love this game but this issue is killing me. I really hope some one can help me fix it.Mizz1 18 Feb
17 Feb Code 33 CODE 33: Blizzard services are down for maintenance. I couldn't connect to Diablo 3 yesterday or today, are servers down?Manx6 17 Feb
17 Feb Bug with Primal - non max stats Hey dear Blizz employees, i encountered a bug with the guaranteed primal drop when clearing GR 70 solo season; a primal shield dropped for me with one stat being (only) 15% extra life - its supposed to roll a max of 18%. Was playing solo on a Hammerdin Crusader at the current patch (2.4.3) as of posting time on EU realm - more Info can be seen on screens. Screenshots uploaded: https://imgur.com/a/3Tq1ndPFrozenBrain2 17 Feb
15 Feb Black screen Hiya, i keep getting black screens while playing D3 (it has happened on Witcher 3 aswell once) and not once on WoW. i was hoping you tech wizards out here would know what the issue could be. i've done a DDU sweep and have the latest drivers installed. i have a crash report from one of the black screens. GTX 980 ti AMD Fx-8350 BE 8GB ram Win 10 ... EDIT: i should mention that if i'm fast enough and press Win + L i get the windows login screen and my screen back.Maht1 15 Feb
14 Feb Error whilst trying to open Profile Hi Support, I tried multiple times open my Profile, but it won't open. Constantly the following error occurs: "500 Internal Server Error" An error occurred. Please try again later. Error ID: N9RJG I used several browsers but it doesn't help. Restarting the PC doesn't work eiter. Does any1 have an idea?Rawrmez1 14 Feb
28 Feb D3 PS4 edition - Cant Play with friends Hello all, Im writting here to see if i can get a little help. My friend and i have been trying to play this game on the PS4 online we both have copies of the game, playstation plus subscription and we also forwarded the necessary ports on our own routers but we still get a " there was a problem connecting" error when we try to join each others game and/or party in game All other games work diablo 3 is the only game that will not let us play together... after some research i found that this is an OLD issue..... why is it so hard to play with your friends online... isnt that the opposite of what you guys should be doin, you should be helping players play together.... not preventing them.... i feel ive just been throwing money at the issue, ended up buying the game twice and adding PS plus to 2 different accounts thinking it was an issue with my account, only to find that it still didnt work.... please let me know what i can do to get this to work.....Dehlasoul6 28 Feb
13 Feb PS4 dIABLO 3 ISSUE PS4 ISSUE. I EQUIP MY GEAR AT 507K STRENGTH THEN CLOSE MENU. I IMMEDIATLY REOPEN AND THE STREGNTH DROPS TO 405K. I UNEQUIP AND REEQUIP SAME EXACT GEAR IT READS 507K BUT WHEN I CLOSE AND REOPEN THE MENU IT DROPS BACK DOWN TO 405K .PLEASE FIX ISSUE!!!!!!Diatalis1 13 Feb
12 Feb Lower FPS, and it won't move. Greetings players, So with little back story i just moved and i have just my laptop i use to work on for university, it is not meant for gaming but it runs Heartstone and Diablo pretty good, well at least it did. When i first moved i played Diablo 3 on around 50 FPS, now i can not get higher then 20 - 23 FPS, this is really frustrating, specially where i did play this on 50 FPS before. Playing with just around 20 FPS is possible alone, but i can not play with anybody else in multi-player, as the game just lags so bad i can barely move, or doing any Greater rifts above 95. I have tried several things like: - Running D3 in 32-bit, increases FPS to 30 but it is less steady, even in single player it drops to 3 FPS when there are many mobs, in 64-bit at least it stays around 10 - 15 FPS. - Playing around with the D3prefs, changing plenty of setting there, but it does not really help. Now of course before coming and typing here i have tried out several "potato settings" modes, but the thing is, how bad i even make my D3 look, the FPS stays the same, if i lower my resolution to 800 x 600, it stays widescreen and it gives me max 3 - 5 more FPS, which is not a lot at all, and the FPS is just higher when i stand and do nothing. I am coming here with hopes for help, cause whatever i do the FPS won't just move above 25, Potato settings or not, which really sucks. The laptop is not even getting really warm. Specs: Processor with Integrated Graphics: AMD A8-7140 series with Integrated R5 Graphics. 2.2 GHz 4CPU's RAM: 8GB. SSD 128 GB.Luoniev8 12 Feb
12 Feb Lags Hello, i am lagging for 3 hours atm, cant play season hc, anyone else have problems with lag also?Swinoubek15 12 Feb
12 Feb Disconnection issues Hello, i am having some disconnection issues. Whenever I play Diablo 3, or HOTS i get random disconnections. By random I mean that they happen in random time of the day without any pattern. I noticed that when those d/c happens I am also disconnected from BattleNet Launcher as well. Usually WinMTR for 185.60.112.157 server looks like this: |------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | WinMTR statistics | | Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last | |------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------| | router.asus.com - 0 | 3966 | 3966 | 0 | 0 | 11 | 0 | | cable-84-43-240-1.mnet.bg - 0 | 3965 | 3965 | 8 | 17 | 113 | 20 | | te0-1-0.border.mnet.bg - 0 | 3965 | 3965 | 8 | 14 | 58 | 12 | | 185.1.40.2 - 0 | 3965 | 3965 | 14 | 22 | 108 | 20 | | 86.104.125.89 - 0 | 3965 | 3965 | 51 | 58 | 110 | 59 | | ae1-br01-eqfr5.as57976.net - 0 | 3965 | 3965 | 52 | 62 | 211 | 56 | | et-0-0-2-br01-eqam1.as57976.net - 0 | 3965 | 3965 | 53 | 67 | 1100 | 56 | | et-0-0-31-pe02-eqam1.as57976.net - 0 | 3965 | 3965 | 52 | 58 | 124 | 58 | | 185.60.112.157 - 0 | 3965 | 3965 | 53 | 59 | 100 | 67 | |________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______| WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider Nothing unusual. But when I get disconnected I am getting unable to reach host after 86.104.125.89 server. Sorry for not providing an image, but fomehow I failed in saving it. it looks like |------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | WinMTR statistics | | Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last | |------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------| | router.asus.com - 0 | 4332 | 4332 | 0 | 0 | 11 | 6 | | cable-84-43-240-1.mnet.bg - 0 | 4331 | 4331 | 8 | 17 | 113 | 17 | | te0-1-0.border.mnet.bg - 0 | 4331 | 4331 | 8 | 14 | 58 | 11 | | 185.1.40.2 - 0 | 4331 | 4331 | 13 | 22 | 108 | 16 | | 86.104.125.89 - Destination network unreachable WinMTR v0.92 GPL V2 by Appnor MSP - Fully Managed Hosting & Cloud Provider I have spoke with my ISP and they said that its not their fault. Sadly I didnt expect anything different from them since they are not very competent (the operator I spoke). My question is what should I do, who to contact for resolving this issue.aniki6 12 Feb
12 Feb Crash upon Launch Hi, I never had this problem before but after the season 13 update today, I can't launch the game now. Here's the error code: A0FABD34-6D8F-4689-A302-72EAB473E79F What happens is I click "PLAY", Diablo 3 logo pops up, seems to load, white screen, then crashes and the error window popsup. Things I've tried: -Uninstalled and reinstalled the game. -Deleted all Battle.net cache files -Restarted Computer -Updated Graphics Card (Nvidia GTX970) -Updated Windows Updates (there were no new updates tho) -Disabled Antivirus active scan feature (Bitdefender) -Disabled GameDVR and Gamebar Recording features -Disabled Blizzard App Record Feature -Disabled Nvidia recording feature (it was already off tho) -Scan and Repair -Tried 32bit launch: this actually made it worse. The loading logo pops up but then nothing happens. I cannot even find any Diablo related tasks in my task manager, but the Blizzard App says the game is "Running." Even after restarting Blizzard app, the "Running" is still there. I had to restart my computer/log out of my Windows account to fix the issue. Still no luck.... Help Please :(CIK10 12 Feb
12 Feb cannot delete the diablo 3 completely hi i'm having an issue on my pc and the u-installation process on diablo 3 i have tried opening the control panel and deleting it from battle net but somehow it still exists in my control panel and fills 29gb of data on my pc if anyone knows how to solve this issue please teach me how to fix itXatures7 12 Feb
12 Feb Diablo 3 Eternal Collection on PS4 - language change? Hello, I bought Eternal collection of D3 for my PS4 yesterday, but I didnt realize I got russian version. Is there anything I can do with this, can the language be switched? I have a disc version, not from PS store. Thank you, TomasHaplo0 12 Feb
10 Feb Problem with Authenticator, need help ASAP Hi I don't know if i'm writing this in the correct Forum , but a friend has a major problem with his Authenticator and thus can't log in his account. So he got a new phone and he ended up having to install the Blizzard app again and it wanted an Authenticator code from the Authenticator which was connected to his phone and he can't get a code. To remove his Authenticator support wants to get a picture of his ID card, which he is not willing to give because he has had bad experience in the past, he had his ID information leaked from a big company which I won't mention, so he doesn't want to give his ID. And my question is : Is there an other way to remove the Authenticator so that he can log into his account?kokicha2 10 Feb