Technical Support

17 Feb 2015 Common Issues & Fixes – Read Before Posting! Hot Topics Please follow @BlizzardCSEU_EN for current service status. For known in-game issues, see here. Game Icons Instead of Names Players with large friends lists may occasionally only see game icons in their chat feed instead of full names when multiple friends come online AMD Desolate Sands crash Please see here. Missing Cosmetics on Console: Newly created characters are not receiving Angelic Wings or Infernal Helms on log in – Please note: the Angelic Wings will now be found in the Cosmetics section of your Inventory if any characters had them in their Inventory or Stash prior to the patch. Additionally, any Infernal Helms in your Inventory or Stash prior to the patch will still be there I've found a bug! Please submit your bug reports here. Common Issues & Workarounds Click on the type of issue you are experiencing for advice on how to resolve: Account & Security (Hacked/Can't login/Authenticator etc.) Installation & Patching (Stuck /slow downloads/BLZXXXXX errors/DVDs etc.) Connection & Latency (Lag/Regular disconnections/Unable to connect etc.) Performance & Stability (Crashes/Low FPS/Freezing etc.) If your issues persist after trying all of the troubleshooting steps in the article, please read this post on how to create an effective thread.Natryndon0 17 Feb 2015
17 Feb 2015 Welcome to the Technical Support Forum! Welcome to the Technical Support forum! This forum provides players with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and official Blizzard representatives. While this forum is NOT intended to replace our support contact channels, players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, and participate in on-going discussions here. Accordingly, it is of utmost importance that all players treat each other with courtesy and respect. For more information, please review the Forum Code of Conduct. Our MVPs are also here to help you: Ananda Cazzéh Celiby Danellos DeanX Nyshae Omachi Oussebon Saneko ShammozNatryndon2 17 Feb 2015
9m 64bit Performance Bug So I upgraded an item in the Kanai cube and afterward my frame rate plummeted to 30 fps. Changing graphic settings doesn't change anything nor does restarting my computer. It only affects this character and only in the 64bit client. Anybody else had this happen? Anyway to get normal frame rate back aside using the 32 bit client? Or just wait and hope Blizz fixes the issue?Nerv3225 9m
1h Unexpected error Hi! After a while i decided i want to play some d3 and bought RoS digital version. After installing and trying to play i get this some sort of unexpected error 1DCE75BE-2CBD-4EF6-930E-DC0CD0514B42 It seems very random. Sometimes it strucks just as entering area, or clicking on a skill or whatever it seems. Whats the issue here? It happens every time. Can not play i guess before this is fixed. :( Please help!ShafkA14 1h
3h Diablo III was Unable to locate the build info i get this error everytime i try to start the game Diablo III was Unable to locate the build info.N3da6 3h
3h Friends tab on website/profile does not work Not sure if anyone else has this problem, but for the last couple of months (if I recall correctly) I have been unable to access the tab with my friends' list. I log in to Battle.net, go to my profile where there are 3 tabs: Heroes, Career and Friends. Heroes and Career seem to be working as designed, but the Friends tab (which used to show me a list of my in-game friends) now redirects to my Heroes page. When I hover my mouse over the Friends tab, the link appears to be correct: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Chosen-2702/friends But when I actually click it, the page that loads is: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Chosen-2702/hero/34120133Chosen8 3h
3h Diablo3 Cd / Reedem code problem.. I bought the cd copy and my cd rom is not working , and i made an acc and I reedem the cd key for the box but it sayd that i have Diablo 3 starter ediotion... what now?Riven12 3h
3h Crash after hibernation or idle I have been experiencing a crash after the computer goes into idle or after hibernation. The screen goes black and it is only possible to switch off the laptop and then switch it back on to recover windows. Does anybody know of a fix or is anybody experiencing the same problem? My specs are not so high but run the game fine: Core i3 6100u 2,30ghz 4GB Ram Using integrated graphics Intel HD 520AscottRio1 3h
5h Something is amiss with my gaming account... I had a reaper of souls digital special edition, when I go now to my account settings it "Standard Edition" and it says an upgrade is available? I had the account and Reaper since it came out over a year ago and now it's gone? or just bugged? Same thing with my Starcraft 2 account it says it's standard, but I got artanis in HoS (at least I had him 2 days ago) and the Wow pet? It should be digital special edition... what is going on? Where can I get help with that? Am in office right now so live chat is out of the question atm...Niamara3 5h
10h Connection problem: only upload data, not download? I'm having a hard time explaining this problem concisely: I'm playing online with my friend who is in the same room. Occasionally and randomly I will suddenly lose the ability to interact with anything in the game, my friend's character will stop, all enemies disappear and no animations appear for my attacks. If I look at my friend's screen, I can still see myself move and attack there. So I can play the game through watching her monitor, but this is obviously no adequate fix. To fix it, I have to restart the game, which becomes something of a bore to do all the time. Sometimes the issue resolves itself within a minute. To me it almost seemed as if I was unable to download data from the game servers, but able to upload data to it. My friend uses the same wireless internet connection I use, but have none of the same problems. This only happens when we play together. When playing solo I occasionally experience some lag, but not to this degree. I'm playing on Windows 10 Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970HDkarlsen1 10h
10h Missing stash items. I last played in S6, i logged in today and im missing my stash items from that season. I also checked for mail with items but nothing. Can i get those items back?Komposhistos1 10h
7h Achievment A NEW START i wanna finish this achievement i looked it up on google and stil dont know how to finish this. its A NEW START complete 5 bounties open up the waypoint map in adventure mode to see what bounties available. but i dont see any bounties available and i realy wanna finish this. help pleasePlakstift2 7h
1d Weird disconnect problem I'm having a hard time explaining this problem concisely: I'm playing online with my friend who is in the same room. Occasionally and randomly I will suddenly lose the ability to interact with anything in the game, my friend will stop, all enemies disappear and no animations appear for my attacks. If I look at my friend's screen, I can still see myself move and attack there. So I can play the game through watching her monitor, but this is obviously no adequate fix. To fix it, I have to restart the game, which becomes something of a bore to do all the time. Sometimes it'll resolve itself after some time. To me it almost seemed as if I was unable to download data from the game servers, but able to upload data to it. I only experience this problem when playing with my friend. When playing alone I will occasionally experience lag, but not to this degree. My friend, who also uses the same wireless connection has no problems. I'm playing on Windows 10 Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 3501 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 Using a wireless internet connection.HDkarlsen1 1d
1d BLZBNTBGS80000011 (1023) BLZBNTBGS80000011 (1023) Keep getting this error, even after running all the suggested step in the help-link. Anyone with solutions?Adude1 1d
1d heroes level back to 1 ? hi there ,since update the patch, why my heroes being reset to level 1 from 60 ++ why I must start from beginning ? I had finish diablo III include reaper of soul 2 years ago ready but yesterday I open battlenet its show update. after I update I open the game & my wizard hero become level 1. I want u restore my hero level to previous level 60 asap I don't want to start again !Tsukasa2 1d
1d Extremely high ping after blizzard's server fix ISP : Bezeq / Smile 012 Town and Country :Bat-Yam IL Network Adapter Make and Model :Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Modem/Router Make and Model : vtech NB403 VDSL2 Router ... ... ... had a constant 10x ping before your server maintenance 3-4 days ago, as of now, i am getting 0ms then 2k and above ping.. these are the details you always ask, there you have it. thanks in advance.Wicked16 1d
2d The Code Entered Has Already Been Claimed I had bought the Diablo 3 collectors edition upon release and just now updating my game account. Seems that when I try to enter the 26-digit codes for Diablo 2 and Diablo 2 expansion (that came with the collectors edition), it says its already been claimed. Now, I already have a code activated for Diablo 2 expansion from another version I had bought years ago (16-digit code), which is on my account already. I'm not worried about the expansion but i can't seem to download Diablo 2 exp without downloading Diablo 2 first. Is there anyway a mode can verify my d2 26-digit codes, and possible help to redeem them? What kinda of proof of ownership is required? I don't have receipts. I do have the original collectors edition box, but it doesn't seem to have any identifying markings on it. Thanks for your time!FreshShank3 2d
2d Character missmatch Just loged into the diablo 3 after a week away and my character has changed from lvl70+92 ish to lvl70+72 and I have lost everything that I had geared inbetween. How to get things back to how it should be?Sanice5 2d
3d Problems installing Diablo 3 This is quite frustrating really, and that's a major understatement. I miss the old days before Diablo 3. Battle.net worked like a dream. Anyway, the past is the past. I installed Diablo 3 maybe two years ago and haven't played it at least for a year now. I logged in to battle.net today to play it, but what I get is b.net saying that I need to install Diablo 3. If I click the: "locate the game" and give it the right folder, I get this button "Update". When I click it, nothing happens and the button turns back to "Install". Right, if I click "Install" instead, I get: "We're having a problem transferring data. Please check your internet connection just in case and try again". Yawn! My internet connection is fine! And it's not the firewall that doesn't allow me to install the game either.Wererooster5 3d
3d Reaper of souls I recently had to re-install DIABLO 3 and now I cant play REAPER OF SOULS. I can play D3 with no problems but after killing Diablo it goes back to main menu can you help to rectify this problem.sirkeneh1 3d
4d 64bit Refresh Rates Why are the refresh rates in the 64bit client incorrectly set to 99Hz, 119Hz and 143Hz, where as they are correctly set to 100Hz, 120Hz and 144Hz in the 32bit client?Airwave3 4d
3d Beg: Add feature to turn off error voice! I'm asking for this feature since start. Just a simple checkbox that removes the voice acting on all classes for "not enough mana" "I cant do that yet", etc. It is a constant nuisance to listen to, I have to play the game with turned off voices. But this lowers the enjoyment and entertainment of the game since so many cool talks and voice acting I'm missing out on. Please begging you do this for me finally! Don't know where else I can post this, so Blizz would notice my post anymore. No feature topics on forum. :S Regards, H0PEH0PE2 3d
4d Cant launch game after last Battle.net patch update. Greetings,after the last update of my battle.net app. when i hit ''Play'' i get the error A48718AC-ECCE-4C8E-AE6C-A42AC79F6435,happens all the time,i run it as admin. Any tips,thanks.beherit3 4d
4d Mouse pointer missing mouse pointer does not show on Diabloalthough working at all other timesFXBYO2 4d
4d Small stuttering During Gameplay Getting Constant Stuttering During gameplay usually when 2 or more players. GPU : Nvidia 970 gtx Ram : 16 gb CPU: I-7 Windows 10 2 Screens user Things i tried: I am not in any communities Turn Vsync on/off Change Max foreground FPS up/down Changed between 32 bit and 64 bit client Run the Repair tool Change between Fullscreen/Windowed No programs running in the background Drivers are up to date This seems to be a common issue for alot of players lately, any news or any tips of what this could be the cause? /sibellzSibellz12 4d
4d Troubles with low FPS and nothing helps Hi everyone, can someone maybe help ? I have a problem with FPS dropping to almost ZERO. I have tried every solution in "the book". Nothing helps. I have PC with more than double performance than it's recommended for Diablo 3. My FPS is around 60 but while playing in a group in GRs it drops to 7, sometimes even lower. Things I have tried and tested already: 1) unparking cores 2) checked temperature of CPU and GPU (all parameters have normal values) 3) tried fixing, reinstalling Windows, Diablo and graphics drivers (few times - clean install, no problems) 4) tested my latency by using Pathping, Traceroute, Looking - Glass 5) tested if there are problems with my PC by using LatencyMon (no problems) 6) checked and updated all drivers on PC by using DriverBooster 4 7) cleaned all registries with CCleaner 8) deleted Diablo directory in documents 9) tried 32bit Client for Diablo3 (it helps with max FPS but min is still dropping to zero) 10) tried playing with minimum and maximum graphic settings - almost the same results) 11) tried modifying D3Prefs (FPS didn't change, only graphics became ugly :D) 12) installed D3 on new SSD (lowest FPS is most of the time 7 - not zero, and maximum stayed the same) 13) disabled Game DVR 14) used selective startup for Windows (turned off all unessential software) 15) Confirming one more time that I have done all of the following ^^ : WINDOWS® Make sure you meet the Diablo® III System Requirements. Update your drivers to resolve any compatibility issues. Your settings may be too high. Lower the maximum framerate. Make sure the Battle.net App states Game is up to date for Diablo III. If you're playing on a laptop, optimize your power management settings and graphics options for gaming. If your computer locks up and becomes unresponsive, check for overheating components. Run the Battle.net repair tool to repair any damaged game files. Try closing background applications to resolve any software conflicts. Run ScanDisk and defragment your hard drive to try to repair any bad sectors. 16) System configuration of my PC is following: a) CPU - AMD Athlon II X4 645 3.09 GHz b) GPU - Radeon RX 480 (8 Gb, 256bit) c) HDD - SSD Patriot Spark d) RAM - 2x4 GB e) MB - ASRock M3A770DE Ty all in front for trying to help.Fire12 4d
5d When is the next planned anti-lag fix due? Lots of people have reported problems with lag. And while it certainly adds a certain challenge to dodge lasers with 1200 msec latency the gaming experience is killed. Yes, there are a few standard measures; new drivers etc, but if the game ran smoothly before the update the likely conclusion is that the error is with the update (a conclusion that pretty much everyone seem to share). So, when will the next fix come? Or should we assume that this will continue till the anniversary event is ended?Ophe22 5d
5d desktop app every time you update this it stops working and i cant play eny of your games. Hows this possible. If i did my work like you i would be unemployed right away.Nuppu2 5d
5d error 73 Can't log in to PTR, error 73. Live server works fine.Java6 5d
5d Mac users 64bit client?? Is there a 64bit client for MAC (os users)?? maybe im been a silly person but when i go PTR i have 64bit then when in non PTR i have 32bit on my game settings in battle net i have no option to choose 32 or 64 please help me solve/understand this issue thanks in advanceTEk1 5d
5d High Latency Hello Logged into Diablo yesterday to find that the game was unplayable. The latency whent from 50-1000 mostly landing and about 400+. Sooo this have not happend before. The only things that is diffrent from when I last played Diablo is that I got a new FASTER internet provider (messures arround 100mbit+) . Tried WoW and it was all fine with about 20-30ms. So what have I done so far - Restarted all hardware - Cable connection direclty into the fiber converter bypassing the router - Updated network card driver on computer and router firmware - Updated graph card driver - Dns flushed according to blizz forum Im pretty much out of ideas here since I never had problems before and all my hardware is brand new, and as I said seems like it is ONLY diablo that has these problems. What can I do to take this investigation further? RegardsEpicsax13 5d
6d Switch to desktop not working I have this issue where I can't switch to desktop during the game. It first occurred sometime this year, the windows button does nothing anymore. Also alt+tab doesn't work at all. Is there anyway to fix this? I would like to switch desktop sometimes without closing the game. I have tried updating all drivers and such.Leimu1 6d
4d I see lots of doubtful solo rift on crusader leaderbord Hi Blizzard. First and all I like to appreciate yours hard working support. I play today as Crusader at season 9 and finding enjoying to challenge the leaderboard at solo rift. I am now today at the leaderboard and completed a rift 87. All my gear are ancient exempt a ring. All my ancient gear got augments. I have bleed and cry to get that far but... I see lots of crusader with non full ancient gear. Even with no augmenting of any sorts. That are above and below my rank. They also share the same odd problem they are only few hours play time characters on leaderboard who has actually bad equipment. I make some research and read some players have exploit a bug that use Red Soul Shard from the Darkening of Tristram anniversary event. I am sure you blizzard are aware of this error. I don't know it is fixed or not. But I know yours policy about cheating and I am also happy you taking care of this problem as well. Will these doubtful characters rank be investigated? I am sorry for my bad English. Hope you can read it and understand. Best regards CurenteCurente2 4d
13 Feb You guyz are Pathetic You guyz are crazy..i saw threads with 'My money back' and 'bye bye diablo' Omg how much stupidness?You have been waiting for 10+ years,and now u cant wait 1 day..?? Diablo 3 crew is already in bad situation with treir server problems..dont do thing more difficult Gear2do... e.g sorry for my bad english.. AND PLEASE GUYZ STAY TUNED AND ROYAL IN DIABLO WE LOVE DIABLO FOR MORE THAT HALF OF OUR LIVES..Gear2nDO21 13 Feb
13 Feb greed the inner sanctum bugged chest ended up above the red glowing thing in the middle and dident get loot and cant tp to town but i still can open the chest and smash himWestManiaC2 13 Feb
13 Feb Health link doesn't apply to thorns damage Hello blizzard employees In this season i am playing crusader with the infamous thorns build. All of the damage i am causing elites that have the "health link" trait is not shared between them. I am killing them one by one, and they don't share the damage (no animation or mutual health loss). On the other hand, when they are hit by the bombardment skill , the health link animation procs and the others not hit take damage as well I hope this is helpful This is very easy to reproduce - literally every time i encountered health link enemies in the past week or so (since i started playing in s9)ShakePhobia1 13 Feb
13 Feb Diablo cant initialize D3D I got this problem randomly last night and now everything seems to be ducking up.. Dont know what the problem might be.. tried resetting in-game options through the battlenet app.. Any solutions? Sometimes it even restarts my computer. Also had an incident with i closing my screens for good and had to restart.ProBalou35 13 Feb
13 Feb Diablo III won't start - unexpected error Hi there, I've encountered this error for the first time in almost 5 years. The error code is 3B72AAAD-A8D7-4085-ADB8-CF6EF1071CCF. I've recently updated the nVidia driver to 378.49 but as far as I remember the game worked fine. I've also tried deleting the Battle.net cache and tools folder as well as repairing the game. A patch was uploaded but the game still doesn't launch. Thanks in advance for your help.Smiley6 13 Feb
12 Feb Battle.net App Offline I am using both PC and MacBook Pro and since the other nightnight about 1 am, I can't log in to Battle.net App from PC but when I use VPN, I can log in from PC. I can log in from MacBook Pro without VPN. Details of issue : We couldn't connect you to Battle.net. BLZBNTBGS80000011 (1) When does the issue occur? : All the time since 1 am 10.02.2017 City and country : Istanbul - Turkey ISP : Turk Telekom Connection type : Wired for PC, Wireless for MacBook Pro Operating System: Windows 10 Modem: TPLink Archer VR200 Ethernet Card: Killer E2500 (on MSI Z270 Motherboard) Tracer for PC without VPN Tracing route to 185.60.112.157 over a maximum of 30 hops 1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms ARCHER_VR200 [192.168.1.1] 2 4 ms 4 ms 4 ms 93.155.2.48 3 7 ms 5 ms 5 ms 81.212.107.229.static.turktelekom.com.tr [81.212.107.229] 4 599 ms 598 ms 599 ms 212.156.118.133.34-acibadem-xrs-t2-1.34-kadikoy-t3-3.statik.turktelekom.com.tr [212.156.118.133] 5 * * * Request timed out. 6 * * * Request timed out. 7 84 ms 92 ms 82 ms 62.115.38.41 8 88 ms 87 ms 87 ms prag-bb1-link.telia.net [62.115.136.254] 9 64 ms 65 ms 66 ms ffm-bb3-link.telia.net [80.91.246.14] 10 88 ms 88 ms 89 ms ffm-b1-link.telia.net [62.115.141.239] 11 77 ms 76 ms 77 ms blizzard-ic-316506-ffm-b1.c.telia.net [213.248.76.103] 12 77 ms 77 ms 76 ms 37.244.12.33 13 84 ms 83 ms 81 ms 24.105.31.28 14 94 ms 94 ms 91 ms 185.60.112.157 Trace complete. Tracer for PC with VPN C:\Users\***>tracert 185.60.112.157 Tracing route to 185.60.112.157 over a maximum of 30 hops 1 66 ms 69 ms 69 ms 10.110.122.1 2 67 ms 68 ms 70 ms te-8-1.ce21.fra-10.de.leaseweb.net [46.165.230.62] 3 70 ms 71 ms 90 ms xe-3-0-3.br01.fra-10.de.leaseweb.net [178.162.223.188] 4 67 ms 67 ms 68 ms ffm-b11-link.telia.net [195.12.255.253] 5 67 ms 67 ms 69 ms blizzard-ic-316506-ffm-b1.c.telia.net [213.248.76.103] 6 76 ms 75 ms 76 ms 37.244.12.33 7 74 ms 71 ms 71 ms 24.105.31.28 8 78 ms 79 ms 78 ms 185.60.112.157 Trace complete. Pathping for PC without VPN C:\Users\***>pathping 185.60.112.157 Tracing route to 185.60.112.157 over a maximum of 30 hops 0 ***-PC [192.168.1.100] 1 ARCHER_VR200 [192.168.1.1] 2 93.155.2.48 3 81.212.107.229.static.turktelekom.com.tr [81.212.107.229] 4 212.156.118.133.34-acibadem-xrs-t2-1.34-kadikoy-t3-3.statik.turktelekom.com.tr [212.156.118.133] 5 * * * Computing statistics for 100 seconds... Source to Here This Node/Link Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address 0 ***-PC [192.168.1.100] 0/ 100 = 0% | 1 0ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ARCHER_VR200 [192.168.1.1] 0/ 100 = 0% | 2 4ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 93.155.2.48 0/ 100 = 0% | 3 4ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 81.212.107.229.static.turktelekom.com.tr [81.212.107.229] 0/ 100 = 0% | 4 5ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 212.156.118.133.34-acibadem-xrs-t2-1.34-kadikoy-t3-3.statik.turktelekom.com.tr [212.156.118.133] Trace complete. Pathping for PC with VPN C:\Users\***>pathping 185.60.112.157 Tracing route to 185.60.112.157 over a maximum of 30 hops 0 ***-PC [10.110.122.52] 1 10.110.122.1 2 te-8-1.ce21.fra-10.de.leaseweb.net [46.165.230.62] 3 xe-3-0-3.br01.fra-10.de.leaseweb.net [178.162.223.188] 4 ffm-b11-link.telia.net [195.12.255.253] 5 blizzard-ic-316506-ffm-b1.c.telia.net [213.248.76.103] 6 37.244.12.33 7 24.105.31.28 8 185.60.112.157 Computing statistics for 200 seconds... Source to Here This Node/Link Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address 0 ***-PC [10.110.122.52] 2/ 100 = 2% | 1 68ms 3/ 100 = 3% 1/ 100 = 1% 10.110.122.1 0/ 100 = 0% | 2 69ms 4/ 100 = 4% 2/ 100 = 2% te-8-1.ce21.fra-10.de.leaseweb.net [46.165.230.62] 0/ 100 = 0% | 3 73ms 4/ 100 = 4% 2/ 100 = 2% xe-3-0-3.br01.fra-10.de.leaseweb.net [178.162.223.188] 0/ 100 = 0% | 4 69ms 8/ 100 = 8% 6/ 100 = 6% ffm-b11-link.telia.net [195.12.255.253] 0/ 100 = 0% | 5 69ms 2/ 100 = 2% 0/ 100 = 0% blizzard-ic-316506-ffm-b1.c.telia.net [213.248.76.103] 0/ 100 = 0% | 6 --- 100/ 100 =100% 98/ 100 = 98% 37.244.12.33 0/ 100 = 0% | 7 --- 100/ 100 =100% 98/ 100 = 98% 24.105.31.28 0/ 100 = 0% | 8 77ms 2/ 100 = 2% 0/ 100 = 0% 185.60.112.157 Trace complete. Looking Glass for PC without VPN TRACEROUTE: traceroute to 95.14.85.168 (95.14.85.168), 15 hops max, 60 byte packets 1 Blizzard (Blizzard) 0.381 ms 0.683 ms 0.732 ms 2 * * * 3 37.244.9.102 (37.244.9.102) 0.752 ms 0.802 ms 0.869 ms 4 37.244.9.34 (37.244.9.34) 0.610 ms 0.667 ms 0.722 ms 5 82.112.96.161 (82.112.96.161) 0.967 ms 1.127 ms 1.161 ms 6 ae-10.r24.amstnl02.nl.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.2.196) 13.140 ms 13.190 ms 13.173 ms 7 ae-3.r25.amstnl02.nl.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.4.69) 12.997 ms 13.008 ms 13.022 ms 8 ae-9.r20.frnkge04.de.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.3.76) 22.165 ms 22.175 ms 22.255 ms 9 ae-10.r01.vienat01.at.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.2.78) 34.094 ms 34.131 ms 34.135 ms 10 83.231.187.22 (83.231.187.22) 238.743 ms 327.030 ms 326.675 ms 11 212.156.140.34.34-acibadem-xrs-t2-1.305-vie-col-2.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.34) 1068.692 ms 1068.864 ms 1068.938 ms 12 212.156.118.132.34-kadikoy-t3-3.34-acibadem-xrs-t2-1.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.118.132) 98.226 ms 98.085 ms 98.335 ms 13 * * * 14 * * * 15 * * * 10/02/2017 15:27:17 UTC -------------------- MTR: HOST: Blizzard Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev 1. Blizzard 0.0% 10 0.5 1.1 0.4 6.7 2.0 2. ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 3. 37.244.9.102 0.0% 10 0.8 0.8 0.7 1.0 0.1 4. 37.244.9.34 0.0% 10 0.8 0.9 0.7 2.2 0.5 5. 82.112.96.161 0.0% 10 0.8 0.9 0.8 1.0 0.1 6. ae-10.r24.amstnl02.nl.bb.gin.ntt.net 0.0% 10 13.1 13.2 13.1 13.2 0.0 7. ae-3.r25.amstnl02.nl.bb.gin.ntt.net 0.0% 10 13.6 14.3 13.0 21.3 2.5 8. ae-9.r20.frnkge04.de.bb.gin.ntt.net 0.0% 10 27.0 33.0 22.0 97.3 22.9 9. ae-10.r01.vienat01.at.bb.gin.ntt.net 0.0% 10 34.1 34.1 34.0 34.2 0.1 10. 83.231.187.22 10.0% 10 863.9 530.7 230.3 863.9 196.2 11. 212.156.140.34.34-acibadem-xrs-t2-1.305-vie-col-2.statik.turktelekom.com.tr 10.0% 10 1042. 1098. 946.4 1252. 105.0 12. 212.156.118.132.34-kadikoy-t3-3.34-acibadem-xrs-t2-1.statik.turktelekom.com.tr 0.0% 10 102.0 99.0 94.2 102.0 2.8 13. ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 10/02/2017 15:27:17 UTC -------------------- Looking Glass PC with VPN TRACEROUTE: traceroute to 37.58.58.7 (37.58.58.7), 15 hops max, 60 byte packets 1 Blizzard (Blizzard) 0.693 ms 0.716 ms 0.805 ms 2 * * * 3 37.244.9.102 (37.244.9.102) 0.774 ms 0.820 ms 0.893 ms 4 37.244.9.34 (37.244.9.34) 6.621 ms 6.636 ms 6.639 ms 5 * * * 6 * * * 7 * * * 8 * * * 9 te-3-1.ce21.fra-10.de.leaseweb.net (178.162.223.197) 18.356 ms 18.349 ms 18.474 ms 10 37.58.58.7 (37.58.58.7) 17.941 ms 17.966 ms 18.005 ms 10/02/2017 16:11:31 UTC -------------------- PING: PING 37.58.58.7 (37.58.58.7) 56(84) bytes of data. 64 bytes from 37.58.58.7: icmp_seq=1 ttl=52 time=17.9 ms 64 bytes from 37.58.58.7: icmp_seq=2 ttl=52 time=17.9 ms 64 bytes from 37.58.58.7: icmp_seq=3 ttl=52 time=17.9 ms 64 bytes from 37.58.58.7: icmp_seq=4 ttl=52 time=17.9 ms --- 37.58.58.7 ping statistics --- 4 packets transmitted, 4 received, 0% packet loss, time 3017ms rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 17.945/17.951/17.954/0.094 ms 10/02/2017 16:11:31 UTC -------------------- MTR: HOST: Blizzard Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev 1. Blizzard 0.0% 10 0.5 0.6 0.5 0.7 0.1 2. ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 3. 37.244.9.102 0.0% 10 0.8 0.7 0.7 0.8 0.0 4. 37.244.9.34 0.0% 10 0.6 0.6 0.5 0.8 0.1 5. ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 6. ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 7. ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 8. ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 9. te-3-1.ce21.fra-10.de.leaseweb.net 0.0% 10 18.5 18.4 18.4 18.5 0.0 10. 37.58.58.7 0.0% 10 18.0 18.0 17.9 18.0 0.0 10/02/2017 16:11:31 UTC -------------------- MacBook Pro Traceroute ***-MacBook-Pro:~ ***$ traceroute 185.60.112.157 traceroute to 185.60.112.157 (185.60.112.157), 64 hops max, 52 byte packets  1  192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1)  3398.910 ms  1.099 ms  0.918 ms  2  81.212.171.175.static.turktelekom.com.tr (81.212.171.175)  6.575 ms  7.301 ms  7.060 ms  3  93.155.0.131 (93.155.0.131)  6.919 ms  55.722 ms  20.551 ms  4  81.212.78.189.static.turktelekom.com.tr (81.212.78.189)  27.717 ms  11.760 ms  9.917 ms  5  195.175.171.163.34-acibadem-xrs-t2-2.34-acibadem-t3-6.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (195.175.171.163)  7.139 ms *  8.111 ms  6  * * *  7  212.156.140.77.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.77)  37.333 ms     212.156.140.65.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.65)  35.839 ms     212.156.140.77.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.77)  48.730 ms  8  62.115.38.41 (62.115.38.41)  50.452 ms  50.296 ms  50.357 ms  9  win-bb2-link.telia.net (62.115.136.250)  45.024 ms     win-bb2-link.telia.net (62.115.136.236)  48.205 ms     prag-bb1-link.telia.net (62.115.113.52)  54.291 ms 10  ffm-bb4-link.telia.net (62.115.139.231)  59.323 ms     ffm-bb3-link.telia.net (80.91.246.14)  52.961 ms     ffm-bb4-link.telia.net (80.91.246.142)  45.845 ms 11  ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.116.162)  51.113 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.121.9)  44.571 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.141.235)  53.203 ms 12  * * * 13  * * * 14  * blizzard-ic-316506-ffm-b1.c.telia.net (213.248.76.103)  51.513 ms !X * 15  * * * 16  * blizzard-ic-316506-ffm-b1.c.telia.net (213.248.76.103)  50.388 ms !X * 17  * * * 18  * * * 19  * blizzard-ic-316506-ffm-b1.c.telia.net (213.248.76.103)  76.498 ms !X * 20  * * * 21  * * blizzard-ic-316506-ffm-b1.c.telia.net (213.248.76.103)  51.198 ms !X 22  * * * 23  * * * 24  * * * 25  * * * 26  * * * 27  * * * 28  * * * 29  * * * 30  * * * 31  * * * 32  * * * 33  * * * 34  * * * 35  * * * 36  * * * 37  * * * 38  * * * 39  * * * 40  * * * 41  blizzard-ic-316506-ffm-b1.c.telia.net (213.248.76.103)  51.912 ms !X * * 42  * * * 43  * * * 44  * * * 45  * * * 46  * * * 47  * * * 48  * * * 49  * * * 50  * * blizzard-ic-316506-ffm-b1.c.telia.net (213.248.76.103)  50.696 ms !X 51  * * * 52  * * * 53  * * * 54  * * * 55  * * * 56  * * * 57  * * * 58  * * * 59  * * * 60  * * * 61  * * * 62  * * * 63  * * * 64  * * * MacBook Pro Pathping ***-MacBook-Pro:~ ***$ traceroute -S -q 30 185.60.112.157 traceroute to 185.60.112.157 (185.60.112.157), 64 hops max, 52 byte packets  1  192.168.1.1 (192.168.1.1)  1.349 ms  0.954 ms  0.998 ms  1.025 ms  1.115 ms  1.079 ms *  1.134 ms  1.156 ms  1.171 ms  1.011 ms  1.125 ms *  1.240 ms  1.154 ms  1.200 ms  1.181 ms  1.213 ms *  1.273 ms  1.221 ms  1.391 ms  1.110 ms  1.181 ms *  1.082 ms  0.971 ms  0.945 ms  1.268 ms  0.948 ms (13% loss)  2  93.155.2.48 (93.155.2.48)  5.478 ms  5.728 ms  6.239 ms  6.149 ms  5.665 ms  5.028 ms  5.339 ms  5.852 ms  5.771 ms  5.439 ms  5.313 ms  5.251 ms  5.532 ms  5.512 ms  5.542 ms  5.541 ms  5.836 ms  5.541 ms  5.870 ms  5.635 ms  5.931 ms  5.642 ms  5.558 ms  5.564 ms  5.226 ms  5.389 ms  5.722 ms  5.162 ms  5.692 ms  5.660 ms (0% loss)  3  81.212.107.229.static.turktelekom.com.tr (81.212.107.229)  6.351 ms  6.205 ms  6.143 ms  6.329 ms  10.355 ms  6.216 ms  6.168 ms  6.163 ms  10.056 ms  6.350 ms  6.284 ms  6.456 ms  6.392 ms  6.350 ms  6.291 ms  6.368 ms  6.208 ms  6.372 ms  6.062 ms  7.527 ms  6.384 ms  6.220 ms  6.112 ms  6.609 ms  6.371 ms  6.344 ms  97.151 ms  6.683 ms  6.040 ms  6.339 ms (0% loss)  4  212.156.118.133.34-acibadem-xrs-t2-1.34-kadikoy-t3-3.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.118.133)  551.283 ms  634.091 ms  716.641 ms  549.013 ms  679.783 ms  716.786 ms  699.162 ms  631.834 ms  614.627 ms  654.064 ms  677.076 ms  716.698 ms  607.273 ms  621.483 ms  716.614 ms  582.868 ms  581.614 ms  599.642 ms  693.711 ms  613.469 ms  593.301 ms  599.750 ms  635.456 ms  629.934 ms  614.624 ms^[[A  519.603 ms  601.065 ms  620.018 ms  614.220 ms  717.179 ms (0% loss)  5  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * (100% loss)  6  * 212.156.140.65.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.65)  35.309 ms     212.156.140.77.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.77)  4942.154 ms     212.156.140.65.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.65)  34.232 ms     212.156.140.77.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.77)  4982.326 ms     212.156.140.65.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.65)  34.380 ms     212.156.140.77.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.77)  4981.851 ms     212.156.140.65.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.65)  34.447 ms     212.156.140.77.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.77)  4879.734 ms     212.156.140.65.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.65)  34.243 ms     212.156.140.77.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.77)  4487.906 ms     212.156.140.65.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.65)  34.630 ms     212.156.140.77.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.77)  4450.912 ms     212.156.140.65.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.65)  34.344 ms     212.156.140.77.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.77)  4310.035 ms     212.156.140.65.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.65)  34.462 ms     212.156.140.77.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.77)  3913.783 ms     212.156.140.65.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.65)  35.116 ms     212.156.140.77.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.77)  3547.723 ms     212.156.140.65.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.65)  34.533 ms     212.156.140.77.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.77)  3240.812 ms     212.156.140.65.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.65)  38.697 ms     212.156.140.77.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.77)  3441.694 ms     212.156.140.65.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.65)  34.269 ms     212.156.140.77.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.77)  3238.753 ms     212.156.140.65.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.65)  34.062 ms     212.156.140.77.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.77)  3038.970 ms     212.156.140.65.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.65)  34.248 ms     212.156.140.77.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.77)  3140.894 ms     212.156.140.65.305-vie-col-1.34-ebgp-acibadem1-k.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.65)  34.559 ms (3% loss)  7  62.115.38.41 (62.115.38.41)  62.816 ms  63.552 ms  62.322 ms  62.623 ms  64.167 ms  66.622 ms  67.808 ms  66.281 ms  63.514 ms  64.649 ms  62.544 ms  62.792 ms  63.931 ms  64.079 ms  66.742 ms  67.470 ms  66.426 ms  63.961 ms  63.375 ms  63.102 ms  73.816 ms  66.053 ms  67.988 ms  71.300 ms  72.112 ms  69.925 ms  70.917 ms  70.721 ms  70.897 ms  70.441 ms (0% loss)  8  win-bb2-link.telia.net (213.155.137.226)  52.429 ms     prag-bb1-link.telia.net (62.115.139.26)  57.242 ms     win-bb2-link.telia.net (62.115.136.250)  48.441 ms     prag-bb1-link.telia.net (62.115.136.160)  63.823 ms     prag-bb1-link.telia.net (80.91.253.167)  71.123 ms     prag-bb1-link.telia.net (62.115.113.72)  60.079 ms     win-bb2-link.telia.net (80.91.247.0)  50.070 ms     prag-bb1-link.telia.net (62.115.113.60)  54.731 ms     prag-bb1-link.telia.net (62.115.113.44)  70.311 ms     prag-bb1-link.telia.net (213.155.132.176)  56.088 ms     prag-bb1-link.telia.net (62.115.113.48)  61.954 ms     win-bb2-link.telia.net (62.115.136.154)  53.173 ms  57.542 ms     win-bb2-link.telia.net (62.115.136.228)  58.815 ms     win-bb2-link.telia.net (62.115.136.248)  53.312 ms     win-bb2-link.telia.net (62.115.136.156)  57.531 ms     prag-bb1-link.telia.net (62.115.139.24)  63.574 ms     prag-bb1-link.telia.net (80.91.253.167)  70.900 ms     win-bb2-link.telia.net (213.155.137.226)  56.231 ms     win-bb2-link.telia.net (62.115.136.250)  60.527 ms     prag-bb1-link.telia.net (80.91.245.232)  56.765 ms     prag-bb1-link.telia.net (62.115.137.2)  68.299 ms     prag-bb1-link.telia.net (62.115.113.70)  67.758 ms     win-bb2-link.telia.net (62.115.139.32)  48.953 ms     prag-bb1-link.telia.net (213.155.137.220)  59.615 ms     win-bb2-link.telia.net (62.115.136.248)  54.688 ms     prag-bb1-link.telia.net (213.155.137.220)  60.242 ms     prag-bb1-link.telia.net (62.115.136.160)  74.319 ms     win-bb2-link.telia.net (62.115.136.154)  56.328 ms     win-bb2-link.telia.net (62.115.136.236)  51.702 ms (0% loss)  9  ffm-bb3-link.telia.net (62.115.113.136)  64.184 ms     ffm-bb4-link.telia.net (80.91.248.146)  54.386 ms     ffm-bb3-link.telia.net (80.91.246.14)  57.463 ms     ffm-bb3-link.telia.net (62.115.113.136)  63.763 ms     ffm-bb3-link.telia.net (80.91.246.14)  60.229 ms     ffm-bb3-link.telia.net (62.115.121.110)  65.384 ms     ffm-bb3-link.telia.net (62.115.139.219)  76.729 ms     ffm-bb3-link.telia.net (213.155.132.240)  64.190 ms     ffm-bb4-link.telia.net (213.155.131.108)  53.019 ms     ffm-bb3-link.telia.net (62.115.113.142)  65.674 ms     ffm-bb4-link.telia.net (213.155.136.138)  66.959 ms     ffm-bb3-link.telia.net (62.115.136.60)  77.472 ms     ffm-bb3-link.telia.net (62.115.121.116)  66.808 ms     ffm-bb3-link.telia.net (213.155.130.202)  61.523 ms     ffm-bb4-link.telia.net (213.155.133.54)  51.445 ms     ffm-bb3-link.telia.net (80.91.246.136)  62.100 ms     ffm-bb4-link.telia.net (62.115.113.114)  59.535 ms     ffm-bb3-link.telia.net (62.115.113.142)  61.610 ms     ffm-bb4-link.telia.net (213.155.131.212)  67.373 ms     ffm-bb4-link.telia.net (213.155.136.140)  71.133 ms     ffm-bb3-link.telia.net (62.115.113.134)  67.937 ms     ffm-bb4-link.telia.net (62.115.139.227)  55.743 ms     ffm-bb3-link.telia.net (213.155.136.134)  68.558 ms     ffm-bb3-link.telia.net (62.115.121.110)  73.391 ms     ffm-bb3-link.telia.net (62.115.135.10)  61.362 ms     ffm-bb4-link.telia.net (80.91.246.28)  55.145 ms     ffm-bb4-link.telia.net (213.155.137.100)  65.460 ms     ffm-bb3-link.telia.net (213.155.133.50)  59.890 ms     ffm-bb4-link.telia.net (62.115.134.216)  64.118 ms     ffm-bb3-link.telia.net (213.155.133.52)  71.297 ms (0% loss) 10  ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.116.162)  45.760 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.141.239)  69.180 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.141.241)  60.807 ms  59.887 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.121.7)  52.399 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.141.235)  60.946 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.141.239)  73.567 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.121.11)  62.378 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.116.164)  63.481 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.116.162)  53.187 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.141.237)  67.505 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.121.7)  51.663 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.116.164)  61.427 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.141.237)  61.891 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.121.3)  60.135 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.121.5)  83.727 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.116.162)  48.287 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.116.160)  50.975 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.121.1)  65.646 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.121.7)  53.051 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.141.241)  63.116 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.141.239)  72.761 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.141.235)  56.985 ms  54.405 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.116.158)  45.760 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.141.241)  66.574 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.121.1)  67.090 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.116.160)  52.632 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.121.3)  53.551 ms     ffm-b1-link.telia.net (62.115.121.1)  76.209 ms (0% loss) 11  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * (100% loss) 12  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * (100% loss) 13  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * (100% loss) 14  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * (100% loss) 15  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * (100% loss) Macbook Pro Looking Glass TRACEROUTE: traceroute to 95.14.85.168 (95.14.85.168), 15 hops max, 60 byte packets  1  Blizzard (Blizzard)  0.652 ms  0.693 ms  0.788 ms  2  * * *  3  37.244.9.102 (37.244.9.102)  0.747 ms  0.817 ms  0.868 ms  4  37.244.9.34 (37.244.9.34)  0.711 ms  0.768 ms  0.822 ms  5  82.112.96.161 (82.112.96.161)  0.874 ms  0.934 ms  0.986 ms  6  ae-10.r24.amstnl02.nl.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.2.196)  16.061 ms  14.790 ms  14.785 ms  7  ae-3.r25.amstnl02.nl.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.4.69)  13.025 ms  13.033 ms  13.046 ms  8  ae-9.r20.frnkge04.de.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.3.76)  22.125 ms  22.134 ms  22.221 ms  9  ae-10.r01.vienat01.at.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.2.78)  34.073 ms  34.111 ms  34.152 ms 10  * * * 11  212.156.140.34.34-acibadem-xrs-t2-1.305-vie-col-2.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.140.34)  1142.890 ms  1141.621 ms  1141.635 ms 12  212.156.118.132.34-kadikoy-t3-3.34-acibadem-xrs-t2-1.statik.turktelekom.com.tr (212.156.118.132)  74.480 ms  74.480 ms  74.719 ms 13  * * * 14  * * * 15  * * * 10/02/2017 16:15:38 UTC -------------------- PING: PING 95.14.85.168 (95.14.85.168) 56(84) bytes of data. --- 95.14.85.168 ping statistics --- 4 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 4999ms 10/02/2017 16:15:38 UTC -------------------- MTR: HOST: Blizzard                                                     Loss%   Snt   Last   Avg  Best  Wrst StDev   1. Blizzard                                                                  0.0%    10    0.7   0.5   0.4   0.7   0.1   2. ???                                                                            100.0    10    0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0   3. 37.244.9.102                                                                    0.0%    10    0.8   0.7   0.6   0.8   0.0   4. 37.244.9.34                                                                     0.0%    10    0.7   0.9   0.5   1.9   0.5   5. 82.112.96.161                                                                   0.0%    10    0.9   0.9   0.8   1.2   0.1   6. ae-10.r24.amstnl02.nl.bb.gin.ntt.net                                            0.0%    10   14.9  13.3  13.1  14.9   0.5   7. ae-3.r25.amstnl02.nl.bb.gin.ntt.net                                             0.0%    10   18.4  13.8  12.9  18.4   1.7   8. ae-9.r20.frnkge04.de.bb.gin.ntt.net                                             0.0%    10   22.0  22.6  22.0  26.8   1.5   9. ae-10.r01.vienat01.at.bb.gin.ntt.net                                            0.0%    10   34.1  34.1  34.0  34.3   0.1  10. 83.231.187.22                                                                  30.0%    10  2716. 2403. 2237. 2716. 166.6  11. 212.156.140.34.34-acibadem-xrs-t2-1.305-vie-col-2.statik.turktelekom.com.tr    10.0%    10  874.6 1025. 874.6 1150.  80.7  12. 212.156.118.132.34-kadikoy-t3-3.34-acibadem-xrs-t2-1.statik.turktelekom.com.tr  0.0%    10   75.1  75.1  74.5  76.1   0.5  13. ???                                                                            100.0    10    0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0 10/02/2017 16:15:38 UTC --------------------Aldorias3 12 Feb
12 Feb network disconnect at every 1 hour the game freez and i get a network disconnect why i tryed all things and i still ant play the game why ?Xennome2 12 Feb
11 Feb Im the leader, cant use clan chat; code 319045 Im the leader of the clan and I cant access or use the clan chat, if I do I just get the error; "Warning! This clan is not available at this time. Please try again later (Code 319045)" Should mention I only experienced this issue today, which as far as I know is maintenance day... Did a scan/repair with no luck on fixing anything... Edit; tried a full pc restart; nothing 2. edit; talked with my clan-member (we are only 2 ppl there) and he has the same issue. Help?Eonarion1 11 Feb
11 Feb Error Code 316005 - current PTR Build As the PTR Forum Header advises you to post Bugs that prevent you from playing the PTR posted here, I will link to a couple of links in the other boards: The general issue is that several people report that they can't create a character and receive the Error Code 316005. For most people this seemed to occur after copying character from the NA realm. Here are some example threads. https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20753216072 https://us.battle.net/forums/en/d3/topic/20753176380 These are some example threads. If you dig deeper, you can find more. I've read most of it looking for a solution. As this has been going on for several days and is not listed on the "Known Issues list" of the PTR, I thought I'll follow the advise in the sticky and post it here.jendroo2 11 Feb
11 Feb Error/slipup when augmenting gear Hi, This evening I leveled up some gems to augment my gear on my seasonal wizard with. I tried to augment two items in a row, both with lvl 81 gems. I augmented my weapon first, then put in mats for my shoulders but it re-augmented my weapon instead... With the same level gem. I'm sure I pressed my shoulders to go into the cube, but it must not have registered properly or something. Is there anything you can do to help me? Would be much appreciated- saves me some time lvling another gem!Johri1 11 Feb
11 Feb Equipping a melee weapon with a 1H bow The EU Normal DH leaderboard leader РужьёПятачка#2137 seems to have Lord Greenstone's Fan in the main hand and a 1 Handed bow in the off hand equipped at the same time on his "збс" character. This is usually impossible to do since normally the game automatically unequips the bow if you equip a melee weapon, and does not let the player re-equip the bow in the off hand slot until the melee weapon is unequipped. Equipping the Lord Greenstone's Fan is obviously better than cubing it because of it's slower attack speed and guaranteed cold damage. Sadly I have no clue is this a glitch or a third party software exploit or simply a visual bug in the leaderboards list, but it appears both in-game and in battle.net website and is visible not only to me. Heres a link to his profile http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/%D0%A0%D1%83%D0%B6%D1%8C%D1%91%D0%9F%D1%8F%D1%82%D0%B0%D1%87%D0%BA%D0%B0-2137/hero/78036952LeVo4 11 Feb
10 Feb Insane latency & disconnects I haven't played in a while and now I wanted to enjoy the January event with my wife. We have a high speed fiber connection, my laptop is new and rather high end (dell xps 15) and we used our equipment before for playing D3. My wife's laptop had no issues, but I had troubles connecting to her game (or opening one myself), once I was there I had big latencies, and I am talking of *seconds* not milliseconds *at first*, later these went to half a minute. Like going to a mob, then latency and some long time later chat tells you you died twice without your screen having changed. my wife, using the same connection, had no issues. I tried DNS flushing, power cycling, google DNS servers, complete reconnects, verifying the host file, resetting my network adapter, having my network driver up to date, uninstalling my antivirus and last but not least i gave complete permission to the TCP/UDP ports used by blizzard for their games in my firewall. https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/611 i followed all these steps and to no avail. i need half an hour of constant trying before i am admitted to any game, and after a couple of minutes i get a disconnect (i think error codes 3006 and 3007 occur a lot) .... this is unbearable. please help me out, that's not how a game should play like (and that is by far not the first issue me and my wife had with D3, though before it was usually her old laptop and for me it's the first time with this new laptop)dpskane5 10 Feb
10 Feb 64-bit client doesn't start It was all fine since patch day till yesterday (not counting issues with fps etc before hotfix). Today when I tried to launch game - both live and ptr version (live on my SSD and ptr on HDD) it just stops responding after reaching about 270mb ram usage according to task manager. The 32-bit client works all right. Also when I try to use Scan and Repair it doesn't start either. It keeps waiting on another installation forever... And please don't tell me to just launch 32-bit client... Back to actualy having loading screens and stuff :( I'm on Windows 7, CPU - AMD FX6200, GPU - Radeon 6850, 8GB Ram. Edit: managed to run scan and repair. It didn't help.Filuś3 10 Feb
10 Feb Viewing Friends list from Profile 500 INTERNAL SERVER ERROR Anyone else?Ryanam10 10 Feb
10 Feb Hellfire amulet crafting option gone?! Hi, I have one Hellfire amulet which you can see on my character. So after getting Hellfire ring design and crafting few of those I needed another Hellfire amulet, but when I went to Shen I saw that I can't make Hellfire amulet because it's no longer there (just rare amulets). I thought maybe it's some small bug, but when I bought new design and tried to tech it to Shen, I can't because it says he already knows it. I still can't make Hellfire Amulet. Help?Kvakaca7 10 Feb
09 Feb Application enountered unexpected error Application encountered unexpected error - 21400473-B89B-4311-9163-E928C6A497B9 Every time i re-try or reset my computer i get the same error,r4ym4n9 09 Feb
09 Feb Error 316005 after deleting all characters I haven't played for a long time and now i wanted to get a fresh start, so I deleted all my characters. But now I can't create a new character, cuz it says all slots are filled. It says Error code 316005. But all slots are empty. What to do?Joplin7 09 Feb