Gaming, Entertainment and Science

15 May 2012 Geek Forum – Please Read Welcome to the Diablo III discussion forums! This particular forum is actually not about Diablo III but still abides by the same rules, so please keep the forum guidelines in mind (except the point about relating to Diablo III, of course): http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/2583878364 Here are some additional key points to keep in mind while posting here: This is Not an Off-Topic Forum The forum is specifically and purposefully labeled with very specific topics. Discussion outside of these specific topics, like all other forums, is not allowed and will be moderated. No Politics/Religion There is no tolerance for discussion of politics or religion in this or any Battle.net forum. While we appreciate people’s beliefs and political ideals, they are not appropriate to be discussed or mentioned within these walls, even if brought up objectively. No Hatred Hatred against individuals or groups in any manner, for any reason, will not be tolerated. No Illicit Topics This is mostly geared toward warning against any intent to discuss drug-use, but can and will extend to any topics of an illegal nature that are deemed to not be pertinent to the discussions allowed in this forum. Moderation is At Our Discretion Like all moderation, we are within our right to take (or not take) actions we deem necessary based purely on our discretion. All of that scary stuff out of the way, please go, talk, and enjoy the Games, Entertainment & Technology forums!Vaneras0 15 May 2012
4d I just played Path of Exile for 5 minutes... ...And it was the most painful experience i've ever had, the game is even worse than diablo (which i thought was impossible). I really don't understand all the fuss about it... people even compare it do diablo 2, WTF ?Y0semiteSam474 4d
24 Aug Girlgamer — series about gamers life Hi ho! I've filmed new series... about us, gamers :) First, pilot episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BGI1copVV0 Please subscribe to series @ our youtube channel: https://youtube.com/channel/UClihFmPKWEihP63DOW6tE1A We would film new episodes every week ;) Originally we film in Russian language - russian channel is: https://youtube.com/channel/UCXpw5Yp-o6atkpL5BDPdj6A and then translate in English :D We are waiting for your impressions, opinions, critics 8) Please support us - "like" the video and share in social networks :) Thanks!tangar1 24 Aug
14 Aug Diablo 3 data usage? I'll be playing on 4g for a few days. How much data will it use? Can anyone do any examples or such? " don't wanna waste too much :C "DevilHachi1 14 Aug
14 Aug Marvel Heroes Omega Anyone played it? I downloaded it an have been having a lot of fun with it. I kinda like seeing how I can circumnavigate the in-game purchases and progress the hard way, I guess. Fun game. Check it out on Steam. Cheers :)Gergaroth0 14 Aug
13 Aug Off topic: cannot post in SC2 board??? Help So just as the title says, anyone have any ideas?? I could post normally about 2 weeks ago and then all of a sudden I cannot post anymore (can here for some reason) really gets annoying. It says that I have to create a character to post but I have no idea what that means any help is really appreaciated. Sorry for off topic and bad englishPlague0 13 Aug
09 Aug What changes would you like in D2 Remastered? Topic is this: if Blizz confirmed D2 remastered and asked you for what kind of improvements you would like to see, what would you say? My list here, overall philosophy: very small changes to game, most changes are practical: 1. Modern resolutions. 1. Alot bigger stash. Possibility to expand stash, like in D3, with gold, items or quests and so on. Possibly, add something like a "bank" (maybe something you need to buy, or find) that can stash items that are avaliable for all of your account. 2. Every tenth time you create or join a game, have the game run a "you are not a bot?"-test, like "enter this figures in here" or whatever. Sad story, yes, but we need to increase difficulty of botting and reduce bots. D2 has never been without cheats, but today it is waaay to easy. It messes up the economy too much. 3. Hard, hard and regular ban-hammer on cheating accounts. 4. Slightly improve some synergies and stuff for builds that are used but that are not very developed! Right now many builds max out after 60 skillpoints, like for example zeal paladin. 5. Fighting with a twohander is almost always very inferior to going 1h+shield. Especcially the paladin. I realize he is designed for being used with shields, but still! Give 2handers a "parry"-ability, so as to give you a parry-chance (exactly like block chance) of like 20-30% of your dexterity (so as to at least slightly mitigate the overwhelming loss of defensive ability). Or, make the "blessed shield" into "blessed faith" or whatever, so that it blesses your armor as an entirety and can be used even if you fight 2h. My dream is to play a zeal pala with a legendary sword (2h), but today it is probably not possible. If so, it would be crazy expensive. 6. Remove category "ladder only" items and recipes and stuff, make them avaliable to all modes. 7. Regular ladder reset! Just reset it every year at 1 March and 1 Oct, or something like that. A ladder is 6 months starting from these dates. Enable certain titles (instead of slayer/champion/patriarchmatriarch) for people who made the ladder, and a very special title for the one who got #1. 8. Reform the channel system. Make a general, a channel specific for ones country, trade, trade ladder, trade hardcore, trade hardcore ladder, dueling. Or something like that - theres not alot of ppl playing d2 and i think the channel system should reflect that and bring us few together! 7. Make every level require slightly more experience, like 20-30% more. Getting higher levels is too easy and i think its fun to have something to work for longterm! I approach D2 like others approach smoking a pipe. Its something ive done for a long time, pick up my pally and go for a bit with a cup of coffee, slightly improving him. I want to be able to have something to do with him for a loong time. Reaching 99 too soon requires me to start a new pally all the time :D 8. Make it possible to listen to game music but not have sound effects on. 9. Improve and expand communication across battle.net platform. 10. While taking measures to human-check (so as to remove bots), also make sure that there is no irregular ways of getting kicked out of game or soft-banned. If you manage the human-checks, you should be able to play as much as you like. No realm downs from changing characters too fast (its 2017!!!), no getting temporarily banned for no reason and so on. 11. Enable a guild hall and guilds. Possibly, implement a little guild-level system somewhat like WoW has. Any guild member can go into the guild hall and hand in some unit (higher runes, or some other rare item) to acquire glory. Then made a "guild-ladder", and list the guilds according to their glory. Fun :D Beyond that, D2 is the best game ever. Please dont make any large changes of the actual gameplay, mechanics and stuff. Druids and assassins may need some tweaking to get balanced.Baby1 09 Aug
08 Aug Diablo 4? Hold your horses Blizz After beatdown D3 receives for its shallowness you want to further destroy once great franchise? I would think twice. So far Path of Exile is doing better job despite being free than what you guys doing for money. Concerned fanPanmisiek21 08 Aug
31 Jul My thoughts on Path of Exile Path of Exile got interesting mechanics but got ugly hero animations .Ugly armor too.If you won't pay you won't look good.Skill tree, mana reserve,hp reserve is very interesting.TheJoker2 31 Jul
22 Jul Diablo 1 on PS1 I recently discovered that the first Diablo also had a PlayStation version, so naturally I'm extremely excited now cos I'm trying to get one. Just wanted to ask a few things from any of you guys who possess this game for PS: Does it differ much from the PC version content-wise? Where did you get it. Is it comfortable to play? Is it compatible with Joysticks?? And also, you happen to know any retailers who still sell unopened copies? Thanks :)Memo17 22 Jul
18 Jul Warhammer FB Hello community Well, I decided to create this topic here because Im playing WoW right now but there was no such subsections of forum like this one. Me personally, I know world of Warhammer Fantasy Battles only because of videogames. Well, unfortunately. Before I had no possibility to buy/play board game. But I always was admiring of this setting. But now its too late to play it as GW closed FB setting and there is almost impossible to get any armies. And I dont like age of sigmar at all because of lore. I liked old good FB setting all this time and its kinda interesting, are there any people who think the same.Seven3 18 Jul
13 Jul Diablo 2 Still Best Game Ever Im not comparing with Diablo 3, i compare with absolutely all games out there, and i played alot games, all mainstream, like Mass effect, BF, CODs, everything and still to this day nothing can match to Diablo 2, i was hoping someday i will find game who will, but i never did, its still best ever game, and it will be forever, i still want to play Diablo 2 after this years, i will probably install it soonVkrs11 13 Jul
19 Jun Ban the BOTTERS!!!!!!!!! Hey guys, In season 10 as always with these folks we are seeing ALOT!!!!!! of botting in the game. I hope you wont let us down this season, because playing 20 or 24 hours a day and having 2000 to over 3000 paragon is bull!@#$ and you guys need to ban these %^-*!@#s period. love your work and games been playing them since the beginning.Butch0 19 Jun
05 Jun 'Guardians of Ember' offering cheap Steam key Hi heroes, I´m offering a cheap Steam key for this game: http://store.steampowered.com/app/463680/Guardians_of_Ember/ Key is sold, thxMcKyle1 05 Jun
30 May I bought Grim Dawn. What am I in for? Well? lemme have it.Gergaroth3 30 May
30 May New Lost Ark Demo No words needed.Enjoy. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5NBkSXE7_0komrad10 30 May
30 May what to play now ??? i am burned out with D3 atm. got 450 hours on POE banked grimdawn 3 years before it came out. TL2 burned out to. WHAT o play while i wait for D3 Necro ? dont have time for MMO gamesSyhler1870 30 May
30 May Nerf Skeletal/Summoned Archers! Nerf Skeletal Archers/Summoned Archer! This is some serious bull!@#$. After grinding season 8 since it's beginning I had finally managed to get some half decent gear for my Wizard. I was running some 70+ G-rifts, pushing my limit. I was running a 73 G-rift without any problems - until I got to the last level. There were these summoned archers everywhere! Up until that level I had had very little problems with tanking both ranged and melee attacks, but for some unknown reason, those god damned archer could somehow kill me with 2-3 shots. And they're everywhere too! impossible to avoid. It got to the point where I wiped the rift because I would be killed as soon as I re-spawned. I have had the same problem on regular toon. No matter how well geared I am, it only takes about 2-3 shots from a Skeletal Archer to kill me. It's a Demon Hunter that I've been playing since the very first day of D3's release, and to this day it has never seen so much as a trace of decent toughness. So I figured that's just the problem with DH's, or that's just a problem with my build. But after gearing my Wizard and learning of this amazing thing called Toughness, I have realized that no matter if I can tank several arcane sentries, exploding elite packs, or massive onslaughts from various minions there will always be one of those cursed Skeletal Archer in some damned corner somewhere, ready to kill me with just a few shots... So I'm asking you to either get rid of the completely, or nerf them to a reasonable level. Or you could just make it so that there are less of them. I mean they're everywhere! I can't be expected to clear every single minion on my DH just so I won't be shot from behind, when fighting an elite/rare. This sucks more than the US election... Sincerely, Sedach.Sedach3 30 May
30 May TL2 vs Lineage Eternal vs Path of Exile vs Grimdawn So I've given up on D3. Which out of these are you going to move on to? Personally I would've chosen TL2 as it looks very very promising, probably what D3 should of been. However I really dislike the cartoony graphics. Lineage Eternal, Path of Exile and Grimdawn look extremely good and better but I fear one or two of them will end up like D3. Choose!yeo16 30 May
26 May Macbook Air 2011 recommended settings Hi, Anyone can post the recommended setting to play D3 with a Macbook Air 2011? Mine is the i7 13 inches version. It will be great ti find the right balance between quality and peroformance. maybe we can post here the different settings copmbinations and the FPS Does anyone know if it performs better with Windows 7 installed in the Air? Thanks!Kyrian18 26 May
30 Apr Diablo 2 Lod remaster please Could u Please give us the same concept od Diablo 2 Lod, u should listen to the fans and i am sorry to say this but D3 is a failure. Where are the rune words, runes, Game trading or making our own games, the feeling of Diablo 2, u have changed the whole concept of Diablo? Please a Remastered of Diablo 2 Lod and u will se how much u will earn.TheAncient13 30 Apr
30 Apr Why is D2 so much better than D3? I've been reading comments on the forum and replies to news from blizzard and i've noticed that a lot of people are comparing D3 to D2 and saying things like "D2 is so much better" or "if they made D3 more like D2 it would be better" or my favorite "the people working on D3 sucks bring back the D2 team" my question to these people is why is D2 better? now don't get me wrong i love D2 and i played it for years but the game had a lot of problems that people tend to overlook because the demands on a game wasn't as high when D2 came out and was played as they are now in the D3 era. But ill make a few points that in my opinion are shortcomings of D2 when compared to D3 D2 is much more repetitive - you teleport to boss, kill boss, create new game and start over and almost never get any good drops or if you're farming keys same thing but u get a torch at the end which until recently wasn't even tradable Drop and trade systems are totally ruined - high runes almost never drops, but runewords are relatively cheap in trade so why even farm them, good legendaries are not as rare as high runes but they are not worth as much in trade, now i know this is because of cheaters and dupers but still you didn't see a lot of that when D3 had trading and even less now :P Gear is almost the same for everyone - when gearing a D2 char for endgame PvE its almost the same gear for everyone (i'm generalising a bit now but not a lot... enigma/CoH, +3 skill amu with HP or Mara, SoJ/ bulkhatos, char specific weapon or Botd if there aren't any, verdungo/arachnid, skill L charms and HP/res S charms, and so on) if you don't count char specific items you could take almost your whole gear from a barb and put it on a paladin and it would still work good, some pieces would even work from barb to sorc, not enough for a functional char but still, oh yea and sets are mostly not even used in endgame but sometimes good to use before u get endgame gear PvP is alright until... PvP is pretty good, a bit of unbalance but still fun and really hard against good players, and a lot of time, planning and theorycrafting goes in to ones PvP gear, thats until the FoH paladin enters the game, FoH palas only purpose is to ruin PvP for everyone else (1shots almost anyone long before they come in your line of sight by rightclicking anywhere and you would think this is awesome in PvE but its not, cause its single target only) and yet almost everyone seems to have one PvE - ridiculously easy - when you have some of your endgame gear PvE becomes to easy, all bosses are no threat at all and the way leading up to them is a bit annoying and takes some time (most of that time is waiting) and some enemies have immunity to your element at hell difficulty (there are ways around that) but still easy and thats if you're not a hammerdin, when you are a hammerdin it's superduper easy we are talking normal difficulty in D3 easy, you have high res and armor and block so you're really hard to kill, you have high damage and nothing is immune to a hammerdin i don't even think anything has any res to hammerdins. now you have some uber bosses that are hard if you're not geared or specced for it but again if you are specced and geared for it (smite pala) its easy as hell again spec diversity and balance - now the spec diversity is nice, all classes have 3 skill trees and for a few of them all 3 skill trees are active skills some have a tree with only passive skills or party skills, and even within these 3 skill trees theres a lot of specs to choose from (for example a sorc can find like 3-4 specs only in the fire skill tree) and now when they added token of absolution (reset stats and skills) its fun to experiment and not worrying about spec not working and you have to make a whole new char, the only problem with specsand balance is that no matter how good you make your spec and gear, paladins are always gonna be better, that goes for PvP, PvE and Ubers. leveling was weird - lvl 1-24 a bit slow, lvl 25-85 super fast, lvl 85-89 a bit slow, 90-99 super slow Oh and about the D2 team, they tried to make a few games as Flagship Studios(one of them a D2 lookalike named mythos) but failed miserably, they had some good ideas with hellgate: london (mainly taking the D2 gear and drop systems and put them in a shooter) but a lot of the game was flawed so that failed aswell (i think that if you take the idea of Hellgate: London and make a new game from it now it would be awsome), now bill roper is on the marvel 2015 team and he's doing a good job there anyway, what i'm trying to say is don't judge D3 against the nostalgia you have for D2, it will never live up to that, as separate games they are both good and have their own pros and cons but when you compare them both to each other D3 will win from almost all aspects of the game if you look at it objectivelyHacedon36 30 Apr
29 Mar Blizzard's Games. Why does a huge amount of the forum's on both World of Warcraft & Diablo have threads complaining about Blizzard that "used to make great games". If a game is no longer interesting to you why would you carry on? Is it just me or is this some sort of odd fan thing that happens now days?Haunter2 29 Mar
24 Mar Poe wins Once again GGG proved that brand and budget is not always the key. They released 6 more acts,brand new skill gems and builds as well as mechanics in one expansion...for free.. And you guys have to pay for a Necromancer and a bunch of boring adjustments? D3 has its times with Vanilla,(still a dissapointment comparing with D2),but that was it.. Quit already,work on another project or something xDPurpleHaze8 24 Mar
12 Mar Question for Developers and Mike M... How do you feel that entire Diablo is ruined? PoE is hitting hard and you are just don't doing anything. Feels bad man... when you start hitting revenues, you forgot how to make a great game again.ZuBo20 12 Mar
27 Feb Guild Wars 2 only 14k players - dead game Its sad.. so much potential, but now its totaly dead see yourself http://beta.xfire.com/games/gw2 and its falling down like a rock, good bye GW2Alyss35 27 Feb
27 Feb Diablo 1 Enhanced Engine Belzebub Recently a demo version of an upcoming Diablo 1 mod from a polish developer was released. It looks VERY promising. I would recommend this demo to anyone who is even a slight diablo 1/2 fan. The game runs at a solid 60fps, there are various inventory functions that make the game less tedious (shift clicking to sell for example). The gameplay has been sped up by a slight margin to make playing smoother and more enjoyable. All of the additional content merges well with vanilla d1 and isn't too over the top and out of place. Some additional content includes barbarian+paladin classes (when released), many new items, complete rebalance, better enemy AI, quests that were cut from the game in dev stages and a lot more. The demo includes the 3 classic d1 characters and is playable up to level 5. When completed this mod will be a great way for people to experience diablo who were previously put off by the slower nature of the original. Some info from the developer... ... If sound is not enabled make sure you have the latest OpenAL32.dll file, there is an installer included with the mod called oalinst.exe Download: http://mod.diablo1.eu.org/download.htm Mirror: http://khanduras.net/2014/01/repo-belzebub-demo/ Source: http://diablo1.pl/index.php?function=show_all&no=609 I have long since had enough of d3 (sadly) so i am posting this in hopes of bringing more attention to this project.DREWPICKLES15 27 Feb
24 Feb path of exile they are adding SIX...count that 6...acts...for free...and we get...necromancer for money?! can we please get proper content also?! i mean, none of us here minds paying for it...just give us some epic stuff blizzard because free to play game is destroying you content wise...old glory is nice, but you can't life of it for long... i also want to add that their content is voice acted also, so theres no excuse...unless you guys cant think of any story...that might be an issueKorda7 24 Feb
22 Feb Turkish language support We need a Turkish language support can your help meDoomazar0 22 Feb
22 Jan Diablo 3 and RoS account! I dont know if this is a bannable offence, so I beg the moderators to not instantly ban me if I violated the laws of the forums! Please! This is about Diablo 3 and RoS. I know it is sad what I am doing by I am trying to do it purely for the love of my friends, you the players and Diablo 3 that became a game we can finaly LOVE. Here is the deal. Out of the three of us, one of our friends cant possibly buy the game to play it with the two of us. We did the calculations and he cant afford it. If he tries to change a job, he may end up being jobless yet again ( the glory of living in a decaying country) So, I came here, to beg on my knees for a kind soul that stopped playing the game for good, or someone that knows someone that dont need their account, or someone willing to share an account so we can play a bit of D3 with a mate that cant do it otherwise. I understand that there is a high chance of me being banned, mocked, trolled and ridiculed, but at this point, I am sadly beyond care and hope. I am just trying to fit a friend in the game so we can experience a fragment of D3 while we can. I hope that I dont get perma banned cus we are in a horrible financial situation :(Kusariyaro1 22 Jan
04 Mar Windows 10 Diablo III problem When i play D3 for a while and my windows just goes and shuts down for no reason and it realy bugs me. Can someone help please??Alex3 04 Mar
18 Jan Why no So we basicly have a few Captain Obvious on the forum why does we not have a Captain Understatement? or Captain Irrelevant? so far: Pesty: Captain Sarcasm DutchHeathen: Captain Nom NomRvB: Captain drunk and stoned Klokateer: Captain Baneling Mawi: Captain Insane "666" Lehmä: Captain Predictable Spark: Captain Unstable Shen: Captain Adjutant BuuGhost: Captain Loyal Xcess: Captain Emoo Raijuforever: Captain Angry Vardaine: Captain Genious Recilon/NyanCat: Captain Awesome Raiju: Captain Raitroll (as in Rait-Roll, learn to read people) Decaf: Captain Yesterday admiralnlson: Captain Edit The Hatman: Captain Doing-it-Wrong Flowzor: Captain !@#$%^ (I don't know what this is, but all swearwords are now forbidden) Tester: Captain of the straw hats DarthSyden: Captain L33t (as in leet) Ghost: Captain Planet Charbook: Captain Explosion Plintstorm: Supreme Captain Why No Lorejth: Captain Most-Hated BugglorD: Captain Ragequit Twilice: Captain Lucid Mefisto: Captain fail-to-be-another-captain FladfiskEgon: Captain Wannabe DoctorPhil: Captain Falcon/Unhelpful/Off topicbrym: Captain Sceptical Rederoin: Captain Reaper Saukko: Captain Father Satan Michiel: Captain Spoiler Alert Factionized: Captain Legion Argentum: Captain Anorexi PyromaniacWulff: Captain Casual Tosaffa: Captain Annoying BrotherRoga: Captain Warhammer <---- HAPPY NAO!? rExaltedOne: Captain Super hot Grendel: Captain Confused philpay: Captain retard Rasofe: Captain Wisdom Serelitz: Captan Common sense (is a fake) Liixe: Captain Inconspicuous Atomicdomb: Captain bringsupirrelevantmeme's (not Captain Irrelevant) Cybugger: Captain Short-Attention-Span SiC: Captain Troll (as in a troll) Grildrak: Captain Scared Templar: Captain (winner of the 1st Forumers Tournament) <---! Ewu: Captain Bass (not the fish) Caye: Captain Really Bad At Starcraft Archaea: Captain Interrogation BlueHelmet: Captain Noob (as in newbie) Njala: Captain Chaos HiveMind: Captain ASCII ViKing: Captain Man One: Captain Knowsbest Lodellica: Captain _____ Phoenix: Captain nobody Zamoonda: Captain Showoff Nomad: Captain RickRoll Maw: Captain Amazing Mikal: Captain Trololol (as in the lols made by a Troll) cdgKollin: Captain Everybody jhawk: Captain Admiral ForceBreaker: Captain N00b l33T H4xZor (as in the hacking bad guy type) Arnadath: Captain Ohdamndaboat'sleaking Darmorgaut: Captain Spawnmoarovalods Cryder: Captain Dakka SCXKill: Captain Weirdo Strajder: Captain Infested Moip: Captain Swarm,,, TemplarOmega: Captain Templar TheScourge: Captain Something SciEagle: Captain Cake Bart: Captain Mantis TNCFungus: Captain too nice/captain EVIL! MUHAHAHA Ogwis: Captain Britannia Dragon: Captain Dragon InfestedOne: Captain Melee Moonshadow: captain geek Starscream: Captain 2nd in Command Spiderweb: Captain Cannibal Troll (as in, you know, the Troll that hits Trolls.) Zanazuah: Captain ForeverAlone AlexOdhin: Captain Magik ...oh its on man... HellOnEarth (formerly Aystrel): Captain Lore (formerly DiabLore) Arketem: Captain WTF Dignity: Captain Lurks in Forum at Work Fluffy: Captain Unbelievable (Awesome was taken, sorry.) Taerox: Captain Judging People Zondoros: Captain Everithin MoskoPwR: Captain low APM LeTroll: Captain Finally got out of bronze! Fortunos: Captain Redundant Adam: Captain Captain Rihfok: Captain Panda Marine!!!11!!1!one Donmon: Captain Can i eat you? Szierra: Captain Random Ninja-Cannibal Troll Timbertje: Captain Female/Girlie PhilCore: Captain Casper HAPA: Captain silence Lime: Captain The one and only awesome Goosebumps: Captain Facepalm Genesis: Captain Bi-polar Bullswag: Captain Commissar zeCro: Captain Superior Daftpink: Captain Pink separhim: Captain Spelling Error Katniss: Captain Roach Azrael: Captain Overdone MythicOz: Captain Indecision CurseofDeath: Captain Destruction Wrath: Captain I want to be a cheesecake Jono: Captain Spock in the name of Highlorekeeper Plintstormdeepstrasz190 18 Jan
13 Jan Soundtracks Thank you Blizzard for your incredible soundtracks in game.. I hope we'll get some more.. :)Rezial0 13 Jan
02 Jan Story mode Bosses They need to be buffed. Don´t you guys think the same? I mean, I´ve read several messages of new players being kinda surprised that the bosses are too easy to beat. 2 of my friends told me the same, one has quit playing because he said he felt like theres no challenge. It would be totally okay if you would buff them only for Campaign mode, or drastically reduce the quality of items dropping in normal-hard-expert difficulty. I know it might sound stupid for some of you but this may discourage many potential players buying this game. I know that it gets better by the difficulty but some players just wont play it after this experience. Like c´mon, Lords of hell and Diablo himself killed with 4 hits dealing them no damage. Sounds kinda dumb to me too, and I really do like this game. For instance they could be at least as strong as Malthael. What do you guys think of this ? :)Fury2 02 Jan
30 Dec Anyone still playing Diablo 2? I'm thinking of buying the game,but I'm afraid I'll have none to play with now that people have probably switched to d3.Maldis17 30 Dec
19 Dec No quest indicated after finishind a previous quest Hello Duds, I have the following odd issue which may come from my misunderstanding and low experience with the game: When I finish a certain quest (single player game) and I am directed to go back in Tristram for new assignment I cannot see any information about a new quest. In the quests dialog is written that I do not have any current quests and I cannot understand why (I have the full version of the game)? If I invoke other players into my game the quest magically appear and this happens from time to time. Evry time when I want to have a new quest I have to invoke multiplayer, exit the multiplayer and then I can continue to work alone with a new quest which is strange. In general what have to be done when I do not have any quests in the dialog window at the beginning or in the middle of the game??? Thanks a lot!ATHLETTH1 19 Dec
10 Dec Diablo 2 vs diablo 3 and future of franchise I want to tell my 2 cents about d3 vs. d2 and future of franchise.As you can see,I don't have so many hours in-game like others and didn't gear all my characters full.As much as I loved d3 and tried to enjoy it,I just couldn't hold it anymore.So now I'll explain why... 1.Atmosphere/dialougue/story Yeah,I think we all saw that coming.The music in this game is always so casual and boring it just fails to have some impact on player.Now don't get me wrong that's only 60% of music(excluding act 5 soundtrack which was best in my opinion and act 1 tristram theme) but it's just...meh.Dialogue also feels forced and most of time tries to be humorous but fails.Characters in towns are rambling about some unimportant stuff which leads to a sense of separation from main story.For ex. some merchant says something like how this woman gives him bad look and he wonders if she has some foul intentions.Wtf?!An angel just crashed and destroyed half of cathedral and there's Wortham burning few kilometres of New Tristram and that's best you have to comment?Story was ok at best,but lore books suffer from same as dialogue,although I loved the parts which weren't explained in great detail in previous games(Lilith,Inarius,Angiris council etc.)Also there are corpses and blood in this game but who forgets when you entered jail level in d2 where you seen people torn apart by torturing devices or blood boiling in depths of monastery catacombs?I've got shivers everytime when I enter cathedral in d2 or d1 but here...no.Lightning and gamma/contrast could be also toned down.Diablo 3 was only scary to me in act 5,especially Westmarch heights when you hear that mumbling voice or act 4 silver spire levels where you could hear angels scream...Now that all evils are loose we could see many things like Azmodan turning back from Diablo which leads to hell civil war,Imperius own pride leading to his battle with nephalem and his downfall,angels reuniting again after getting two new aspects from Lightsong and so on. 2.Monsters/monster affixes/combat I just hate moster encounters in higher torment difficulties.In diablo 2,encounters were much more personal and when you come to an elite you really need to think and use some strategy to finish them off.That was primaraly beacuse of great modifiers like light.co.pois.fir. enchanted,imunnities etc.I didn't like any of modifiers in d3 except arcane enchanted,desecrator and avenger.Here when you hit T6 all monsters in a way become mob packs and if you are geared right you just blaze through them.That's it.No strategy,modifiers don't mean anything just blazing.Now of course there are exceptions to this rule-above mentioned arcane enchanted and desecrator enemies requires you to be careful so that's only strong point.Yet strangely enough combat is damn satisfying so you wont be able to stop for hours.35% of monster design is unmemorable(anarchs,lacuni huntress,exarchs,ice porcupine) while others are great(blood seraph,blood golems,collosal golgors,death maidens,deceivers...)What bothers me,and I loved that in d2 are monster deaths.Can you remeber how oveersers skin was melted when you defeated them?Here in d3 I like how collosal golgors explode in pile of bones and flesh.It's just nasty.I would really love to see more gory animations,but since we probably won't get another expansion I hope we'll see it in d4. 3.Skill tree/passives/stats Now, along with combat this is too best part of d3.The way they implemented % of weapon dmg goes to skill power is great and always ensures that every skill is valuable and good in specific builds.The only thing d2 sucked at beacuse some skills only purpose was synergy.However there is room for improvement.They could go as far so every skill has sub-skill which alters some things like piercing,AoD,projectile dispersion etc.Runes should be here too but they would make more noticable change to skill like permanent buffs,extra summon,dmg to life convergance etc.Characters stats should also return.Passives also. 4.Itemization/end game/RNG/difficulty Again,this is were d3 sucks a big one.There's no more item atributes like crushing blow,magic find,skill grant...I liked that legendary and set effects in d3 ,and they should return but that was only good thing in uniques.Charms,where are they?Runewords are also a must,more than any.They could also implement new items such as power stones which would grant you bonus atributes to character and all new powers and skills non-specific to any character.Also they need to rework RNG system which is really bad in this game.I want to feel rewarded when I find powerful items,not see them raining like candies from sky.Blood shards MUST be out for good.They are ridicolusly OP.Right now I acquired whole Marauders and half of Vyr's arcana set with almost no problem.Gambling was fine in d2.Loot hunting should be just as it have ever have been.I understand that not everyone has 15 hours a day to play,but you really shouldn't be playing diablo if you can't give your time to this game.Whole end game concept shouldn't be there,I mean rifts and grifts.They are great leaderboards wise,but items can be acquired through normal means.You do rifts to acquire items and blood shards ,use them to acquire sets and so on.It's a vicious circle.Regarding the end game it should incorporate something similar to nephalem world challanges.The concept would work like this:you activate specific challenge and whole game world changes,bosses gain new abilities,are randomized,sometimes you have to slay their unique minions in order to get to them etc.When you finally defeat them you would get some parts of ancient nephalem device which would last about 1 month in game time before vanishing but in turn would boost your core stats,abilities ,magic find and other useful effects.This would make challenge good for replay value.Another type of challenge would incorporate some RTS elements but nothing too hardcore(this is ARPG game at its core) where you could build some villages and machinery to do siege battles against Prime evils itself.Interface would be still diablo-ish but you could always stop game time and plan where your followers could attack via some sort of siege wheel where you could access tactics on go.Again these are just 2 types of challanges I came up with but with little brainstorming there could be much more.This is what I want in d4.Again you could go casual loot hunt whenever you want.PvP should also return but with more depth(clan wars,specific PvP items).There should be less difficulties-normal,nightmare,hell,madness and destruction.All items should be worked around that to avoid power creep. Things that should return Kanai's cube-although nerfed-for me no need of that upgrade rare item Pets-useful for gold pickup but with some QoL improvments(gems,materials pickup) PvP Things that shouldn't return Achievements-seriously,except for bragging there's really no need for this Destuction's end In the end I'm really hoping Blizzard will get their head out of their a**s and turn this franchise in what it used to be.People say that we have waited d3 for 10 years and d4 won't come anytime soon but just remember d2 came after 4.If nothing, I'm really hoping for PROPER REMASTER of d2 with maybe two prequel acts.Please Blizzard don't make this franchise fall in dark just as Aidan did.And my fellow friends tnx for taking time to read this post.dragonslayer19 10 Dec
07 Dec Old blizzard Diablo 3 is nothing compared to Path of Exile. Wow retail is nothing compared to NOSTALRIUS private server which they closed Old blizzard is gone, money makers are here ........sry just started diablo 3 while im waiting patch on Poe..and i was like .... WTFFAHXHAXHAHXblackhorn3 07 Dec
02 Dec Regex for matching Battletags Working on a mobile application for the upcoming API, would like to implement a regular expression to check if the syntax of a BattleTag is correct before submitting a request to the server. If it was only english characters I woud be fine, but I'm stumbling when trying to make a robust international version. According to the naming policy http://us.battle.net/support/en/article/battletag-naming-policy ... Using this website since it allows quick testing of regex http://rubular.com/ I can some up with something like ^\D.{2,11}#\d{4}$ and it works fine for simple matching, but once you add in foreign characters and non letter characters it fails pretty quickly. Test cases: Should pass JohnJohnson#2121 öJohnJohnson#2121 JøhnJohnson#2121 Should Fail 1JohnJohnson#2121 JohnTooooLong#2121 JohnTooMany#212121 _JohnJohnson#2121 John_Johnson#2121 John-Johnson#2121 +JohnJohnson#2121 Hopefully looking for a solution that doesn't list individual blacklist / whitelist characters, but rather something more robust and general. Any insight is appreciated!inphamous3 02 Dec
26 Nov Christmas/holiday in D3 Hi During Christmas and other holidays. It would be awesome if you guys could add an goblin as pet with santa outfit and some cool animated moves and sounds. And give the NPC's some outfits and decorate the different Chapters hometowns. Maybe make some holiday related bonus quests so we can farm after cool/fun items or pets. -RichardEragor1 26 Nov
22 Nov rePlayability in online games ⚡ MMORPG analytics Hi ho :) I've made vlog-analytics about the most important gameplay part of any online game or MMORPG..... About replayability :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3NaTSQeYfk What do you think about this topic? :) Which single/online game is the best in 'replay value' in your opinion and why? :)tangar0 22 Nov
13 Nov Why Diablo 2 was awesome game? Because it was horror scary dark game not cartonish one. When I played first time Diablo 2 I was soo scared .I was afraid to pick up a hero from picking screen that's how good it was.Just go now to picking screen of D2 and you will see this atmosphere.That's why D2 is called Diablo.TheJoker27 13 Nov
13 Nov Diablo 2 lod - remastered Hi there I know this topic has been brought up before. But im curious, how many of you would pay full on game price for a diablo 2 remastering with diablo 3 graphics and physics, and also with the old playable characters? - necromancer, druid, sorceress etc. Same music. Same maps and bosses + quests. Only thing new is the graphics. I know i would pay for that atleast :P And maybe in the future they could add in Kanais cube and rifts/grifts for more end game. So we don't have to be stuck on endless ball runs.Craft8 13 Nov
25 Oct diablo 2 so my cousin offer me his old games and in those there were diablo 2 lord of destruction dlc. i wanted to know if i buy the diablo 2 avaiable in the battlenet can i install the dlc or do i have to buy both the original game and the dlc? thank you for your timejosefodias3 25 Oct
01 Oct Diablo 3 vs Titan Quest have you played both of them and if so: which one did you enjoy more? I think overall TQ is the better game. Now dont get me wrong, I think D3 is awesome, I enjoyed it very much. But the main thing that TQ shines with is variety. There are so many more class combinations you are able to try out. In D3, after you have tried every class and cleared at least normal with a few of them, you feel kinda 'meh, now what'. Sure, you can go try harder difficulties, but that only works if you really enjoy the fact that it just becomes harder. Is there any Nightmare+ exclusive content, like new bosses? There sure is in TQ. Also in TQ you can just try more classes and their combinations. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the TQ campaign also longer than D3's? I am not sure. Overall, after having tried out all 5 of the classes and played a monk through nightmare, the games gives me no more reason to play it anymore, but that's just me.Cloudkicker81 01 Oct
27 Sep Diablo 3 and Windows 10 !! I was looking for some info on how Diablo 3 runs on the new Windows 10 Tech Preview and I have found this thread : http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/14729492880?page=1 On the US Formum but as i see it died a long time ago. So what did I do? Ahh .... let's do it. And this is what i got - it works and it works more then fine. Windows 10 supports our Diablo 3 so for all you who like to test the new MS system with out loosing the ability to play - go for it :) I'm changing OS on bouth of my PC's tonight.Rebusik37 27 Sep
26 Sep logitech keyboard lag fix i have the logitech k520 wireless keyboard and i was experiences huge lag times with keystrokes making it unplayable unless i went back to a wired keyboard, after searching through the forums on here i saw someones suggestion of moving the usb to a diff port to help with interferece issure. Well i happened to have a 30inch ish usb extension cable and used that to move the keyboards usb plug away from the computer and everything works perfect now. this is the only game ive ever had this issue on, and I saw a lot of people having this problem, so i just wanted to share this fix in case it might help anyone, -JscribbleJscribble1 26 Sep
22 Sep 2016 How many players still play D2:LOD ? Hey, I was thinking about buying d2:lod and start playing after all these years... how many players actively play it @ bnet eu server ? thanks !BlueX2 22 Sep 2016
05 Aug 2016 Diablo 3 and Path of Exile - game progression D3 release date: May 15, 2012 PoE release date: 23 October 2013 I am not going to do TL;DR thread because no one gonna reads it anyway. I started playing those game since their birth. And honestly if I compare those 2 games today, I feel like there was more effort and heart put into PoE rather than Diablo 3. Not only in terms of gameplay/character mechanics but content in general, even though Path of Exile was released good year after D3. GGG constantly looking for a ways to improve and add extra stuff to the game, despite the fact that game is free. Amazing dedication which Blizzard lacks,Panmisiek19 05 Aug 2016
27 Jul 2016 uninstall D3 and get Belzebub D3 has nothing to do with the Diablo world blizzard once created. Some guy from wow comes and makes a wow clone. and then the casual brainless peps gets happy because the game do everything for them so they can relax and play with 1 hand while using their cellphone on the other. A guy alone made Belzebub a few years back as a hd mod project to Diablo 1. He did a great job! check it up :) . just typ Diablo 1 hd mod and you get information of belzebub. Its a great game. Its more or less what old diablo fans wanted from a Diablo 3 game.. not some disney world scooby doo with fancy numbers all over screen. In belzebub you will find quests that blizzard removed before the game got out, with dialogues and everything already premade. Ive no idea what blizzard do anymore, but they obviously gave up on doing great games. I keep supporting that bull!@#$ because they actually managed to make some of the best games i know of. Maybe im just a senile old goozer with lack of english vocabulary but , diablo 1 and diablo 2 was great games. Belzebub is also a great game! so do like me , make a firecracker of that diablo 3 cd and install belzebub instead :DZack1 27 Jul 2016