Loot found after patch 2.0.1 can be enchanted

General Discussion
Looks like loot found after the recent update will be enchant-able come RoS via the mystic.

I asked Vaneras this morning and said I could share this info.

So all those looking for confirmation on this can rest happy. :)

Anything found before patch 2.0.1 will be considered "legacy" and not enchant-able.
Thanks for sharing!!
Posted by Grimiku 5 days ago! Our Eu MVPs are so informed:D
Enjoy:
"The items you're crafting (or finding) right now will be Enchantable in Reaper of Souls. The crafting recipe's your Artisans already know have all been updated to make loot 2.0 versions of those items, even if you learned the recipe prior to patch 2.0.1. This means anything you make (or made after patch 2.0.1) will be Enchantable. Keep in mind that there are some other limitations to Enchanting that might prohibit an item from being Enchanted (for example you can't enchant Magical items)."
Thanks for the post D3MON. I see this question pop up now and then, both on these forums and on various twitch streams, so I am just blue-tagging this thread to make it more visible. :-)

• All loot that dropped after patch 2.0.1 can be enchanted.
  • All loot that dropped before patch 2.0.1 cannot be enchanted.

• 12/03/2014 10:27Posted by LittleLucas

Not everyone checks the US forums on a regular basis, so thanks for quoting Grimiku's post LittleLucas :-)
    12/03/2014 10:27Posted by LittleLucas
    Enjoy:
    "The items you're crafting (or finding) right now will be Enchantable in Reaper of Souls. The crafting recipe's your Artisans already know have all been updated to make loot 2.0 versions of those items, even if you learned the recipe prior to patch 2.0.1. This means anything you make (or made after patch 2.0.1) will be Enchantable. Keep in mind that there are some other limitations to Enchanting that might prohibit an item from being Enchanted (for example you can't enchant Magical items)."

As Van mentioned, ive seen this question pop up a lot around here so thought i'd get the word out.

Cheers,
    yeah, I don't check the US forums and when I recently googled to check if you could enchant existing items, the top hit is a post from the EU from one of our blues (could even be you Vaneras) that says something along the lines of 'as things stand you can enchant them'

I'd wasted hours scouring and hundreds of millions on the AH for great items to re-roll, only to be told by a clan member the following day that this had been superseded on the US forums.

I was a bit gutted - but we live and learn!!

So, with that in mind, I need to clear something else up.

The level 60 items I've found now. Will the mystic be able to re-roll one of the stats to a 70 level. or must it always re-roll to a 60 stat, as it's a 60 item?

Or, does it not matter because the mystic doesn't take item level into consideration and just gives an alternative?

E.G will I need to find a new Kridershot, or can I upgrade the dmg on mine until I find a 70 version?

Much love
    Posted by LittleLucas

Not everyone checks the US forums on a regular basis, so thanks for quoting Grimiku's post LittleLucas :-)

Van you'll get tired fast of me continually pointing out exactly how neglected this English EU forum is - but this is a perfect example.

US gets a blue confirmation of some VITAL information 5 DAYS AGO - and yet we don't get the same courtesy here.

Please, just make ALL important blue posts appear here simultaneously, or close this forum and merge with the US one that seems increasingly to be all that your (blue) colleagues care about.

I for one am sick and tired of having to read English EU AND the US forums to get the latest info - and I'm not alone in this.
    12/03/2014 10:53Posted by D3MON
    As Van mentioned, ive seen this question pop up a lot around here so thought i'd get the word out.

Good job you did as Blizzard are evidently reliant on you 'greens' to duplicate the US 'blue' posts for them.

Not amused!
    12/03/2014 10:27Posted by LittleLucas

It's not always a case of this. I asked Vaneras this question via email on Saturday. As you'd expect, even they're allowed time off too. He responded to me yesterday which I then replied on the relevant post that asked this on the wizard forums here...

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9952105478#9

So if you're going to rage, rage at me for not duplicating it on the GD yesterday for wider visibility. Vaneras to his credit, usually responds to or questions within the hour, had one of us asked the question before the weekend, we'd have posted this "5 days ago" too.
    Any chance one of you clever coloured font users can answer my question?
    12/03/2014 11:27Posted by Kolonel

If you like..I can try, but it's only best guess.

TL;DR I suspect, no.

In the beginning, we were re-rolling things like EF, up to and beyond 2k DPS. But that may very well have been to do with % weapon damage being ~40% on those weapons and inherent CD all adding into the DPS calculation. On 2.0.1 weapons, the % weapon damage tends to be iro 7-8%.

Furthermore, I tried re-rolling level 60 items and got level 60 affixes (when I was level 60). I also kept level 60 leg unid'd until 70, then ID'd them and they were level 60 affixes. I can't remember trying to re-roll a 2.0.1 level 60 item, at level 70 and checked for the stat ranges. So I can't be sure, hence why it's best guess.

Hope that helps.
    12/03/2014 11:13Posted by Wired
    Van you'll get tired fast of me continually pointing out exactly how neglected this English EU forum is - but this is a perfect example.

This is just something that we will have to agree to disagree on. Granted we have less people posting on the EU English forums than on the US forums, but the primary purpose of the forums is not to have an equal number of blue posts in all our forums. The primary purposes of these forums is to provide you with a place where you can discuss ideas, give game play advice, share concerns, and converse about the game with other players, and the EU English forums are being read by us every single day for feedback on these topics for to the developers to see. That is not neglect in my eyes.
    Actually I love EU forums, because of lack of trolls here.

Over there at the US like 90% of the posts are pure troll rage.

The place is more... clean.
    12/03/2014 11:27Posted by Kolonel

If you like..I can try, but it's only best guess.

TL;DR I suspect, no.

I can't remember trying to re-roll a 2.0.1 level 60 item, at level 70 and checked for the stat ranges. So I can't be sure, hence why it's best guess.

Hope that helps.

Not really lol, the one thing I want clarification on, you can't remember if you actually tried :)

Anyone else?
    12/03/2014 10:22Posted by D3MON
    Looks like loot found after the recent update will be enchant-able come RoS via the mystic.

I asked Vaneras this morning and said I could share this info.

So all those looking for confirmation on this can rest happy. :)

Anything found before patch 2.0.1 will be considered "legacy" and not enchant-able.
    i was thinking this already but thank you for the confirmation D3MON
    12/03/2014 11:13Posted by Wired
    I for one am sick and tired of having to read English EU AND the US forums to get the latest info - and I'm not alone in this.

I don't know if you have a twitter account Wired, but if you do, follow https://twitter.com/BlizzPosts and any post that hits the blue tracker will appear in your timeline or go to http://www.blizzposts.com/tracker/all/en to see them, this way you dont have to trawl through any forums, you get to see the updates from both sides of the pond. It's the only way I can keep up to be honest :)
    12/03/2014 10:59Posted by Kolonel
    The level 60 items I've found now. Will the mystic be able to re-roll one of the stats to a 70 level. or must it always re-roll to a 60 stat, as it's a 60 item?

Or, does it not matter because the mystic doesn't take item level into consideration and just gives an alternative?

E.G will I need to find a new Kridershot, or can I upgrade the dmg on mine until I find a 70 version?

Much love

Good question, that's something only a blue can answer i believe :)
    good stuff I didn't salvage my 2 manticores :D
    12/03/2014 12:02Posted by Shammoz
    go to http://www.blizzposts.com/tracker/all/en to see them, this way you dont have to trawl through any forums, you get to see the updates from both sides of the pond. It's the only way I can keep up to be honest :)

Good idea - thanks Shammoz, I'll bookmark that.
    I do have the twitter but most posts seem to be regarding tech stuff with Wow rather than D3 and I've let my subs and annual pass lapse after I was banned from posting on the Wow forums, simply for asking why my 'Rate the Character Name Above 1-10' thread was deleted after some weeks and dozens of posts, though it was still current and being used daily.

12/03/2014 11:49Posted by Vaneras
    the EU English forums are being read by us every single day for feedback on these topics for to the developers to see. That is not neglect in my eyes

Van, thanks for your reply but I meant COMPARITIVELY, Any poll would tell you that the overwhelming majority of these EU forums' users would agree that we ARE indeed 'neglected' versus the US forums. This thread being a case-in-point.
    12/03/2014 12:07Posted by D3MON
    12/03/2014 10:59Posted by Kolonel

Much love

Good question, that's something only a blue can answer i believe :)

12/03/2014 10:52Posted by Vaneras
    Thanks for the post D3MON.

Any chance you could look into this one when you get a spare minute Vaneras?