About torment farming

General Discussion
i know you gain more exp and golds if you increase your torment... but does it increase % of legendary drop as well ? Can someone tell me if legendary increases it chance if i raise higher torment ?
A blue post a few days ago said that the higher level of torment, the higher chance of legendaries dropping.
It is hard to see.. Right now in T3 I feel like getting less vs T1 that I was running when the patch arrived.

T3 is slighly slower atm so that probably explains it. So I suggest that you don't do too high difficulty, it will slow you down -> less loot -> less chance for legendary.
Does anyone actually know for sure? I've done a fair bit of T1 and T3 and didn't see a noticeable difference in terms of loot drops. I was under the impression that the chance for a drop was exactly the same overall difficulty tiers.
hey shiki, can you link me the post that blue post confirmed it ? i would apprieciate it :)
A couple of people on my friends list have been running on 'Normal' for the last couple of days. 1-shotting everything whilst buffing eachother's movement speed (Barb+Monk) and they been absolutely showered in legendaries.

Like, a stupid amount.
Try it, you have nothing to lose.
They could mention it at difficulty selection screen. Before I dug a bit on the net, I was not aware that there are higher drop chances on higher difficulties, and still am not entirely sure about it, as I had not seen any official information.

While it's kind of obvious, higher difficulty equals higher rewards, it may be confusing for players if they don't see it mentioned when selecting difficulty.
14/03/2014 13:09Posted by Forcepower
i know you gain more exp and golds if you increase your torment... but does it increase % of legendary drop as well ? Can someone tell me if legendary increases it chance if i raise higher torment ?

14/03/2014 13:57Posted by Forcepower
hey shiki, can you link me the post that blue post confirmed it ? i would apprieciate it :)

You don't need a link to it. How about read the information at the torment bar mate?
It stands there, each difficulty on the slider will increase the legendary drop...
14/03/2014 14:02Posted by Curoch
A couple of people on my friends list have been running on 'Normal' for the last couple of days. 1-shotting everything whilst buffing eachother's movement speed (Barb+Monk) and they been absolutely showered in legendaries.

Like, a stupid amount.

But wait , i dont get it , do you not get low level legendaries and not for level 60 ? How does that work , if you can explain please
When you mouse over the difficulty slider, it says higher torment has higher legendary dropchances.
14/03/2014 22:33Posted by psymix
14/03/2014 14:02Posted by Curoch

Like, a stupid amount.

But wait , i dont get it , do you not get low level legendaries and not for level 60 ? How does that work , if you can explain please

If you are level 60 and play on Normal then you get level 60 drops. I was in their clan up untill around 4 hours ago and for the last two days it's just been alert after alert after alert telling me what drops they got.
14/03/2014 22:37Posted by Doukie
When you mouse over the difficulty slider, it says higher torment has higher legendary dropchances.

That's correct but when you are ingame you will see that you have 0% Magic find in your paperdoll

So which is correct? I have seen quite a few posts stating that theres currently No Magic find in the game, apart from MF on a few rare items like Nagelring and a topaz gem in a helm socket etc. But even then the it only counts 10% towards your total MF for legendaries to drop i.e if you had 120% MF from items only 12% would count towards Legendaries.

I find the same amount of Legendaries on normal and Torment 3. The ONLY difference is gold and EXP rewarded is higher on Torment 3, Magic find however is not despite what the tool tip says.

At this point though legendaries dont really mean much as in a few days time ROS will be out and our gear will most likely be replaced by blues and rares at around level 65. The only thing that matters now is EXP for Paragon Levels and gold I guess (for enchanting, the RoS Goldsink)

le sigh
17/03/2014 09:24Posted by Rex
14/03/2014 22:37Posted by Doukie

That's correct but when you are ingame you will see that you have 0% Magic find in your paperdoll

So which is correct? I have seen quite a few posts stating that theres currently No Magic find in the game, apart from MF on a few rare items like Nagelring and a topaz gem in a helm socket etc. But even then the it only counts 10% towards your total MF for legendaries to drop i.e if you had 120% MF from items only 12% would count towards Legendaries.

I find the same amount of Legendaries on normal and Torment 3. The ONLY difference is gold and EXP rewarded is higher on Torment 3, Magic find however is not despite what the tool tip says.

At this point though legendaries dont really mean much as in a few days time ROS will be out and our gear will most likely be replaced by blues and rares at around level 65. The only thing that matters now is EXP for Paragon Levels and gold I guess (for enchanting, the RoS Goldsink)

le sigh

MF is your stat to increase drops. Mobs have their own internal stat (I'm assuming) which gets changed for ever Torment tick you raise/lower.

I'd also like to point out that while you have have a higher drop chance per mob, depending on your gear you may get less/hour if you aren't killing quick enough as you would on a lower difficulty.
I find the same amount of Legendaries on normal and Torment 3.

I just want to point out that while this sentence might be true as witnessed by that player, it cannot be used to generalize and say "Normal always gives as many legendaries as Torment 3".

It might be true for 1 run, or for 10 or 50 runs but still, you have no evidence on which to draw solid conclusions about random drops rates in general. Events with very low probability (like legendary drop rates) require a huge sample to be assessed with any validity.
17/03/2014 09:34Posted by NYARLATHOTEP
I find the same amount of Legendaries on normal and Torment 3.

I just want to point out that while this sentence might be true as witnessed by that player, it cannot be used to generalize and say "Normal always gives as many legendaries as Torment 3".

It might be true for 1 run, or for 10 or 50 runs but still, you have no evidence on which to draw solid conclusions about random drops rates in general. Events with very low probability (like legendary drop rates) require a huge sample to be assessed with any validity.

My own evidence is after 30 hours of play. Where as I haven't recorded the exact amount of legendaries that have dropped in each difficulty, it's about the same in *my* experience. May be different for other people though.
14/03/2014 13:09Posted by Forcepower
Can someone tell me if legendary increases it chance if i raise higher torment ?

Yup, the legendary drop chance will increases the higher you raise your torment difficulty. Be aware though, that farming efficiently in higher torment difficulties will require a strong build as well as good gear, because otherwise you will not be able to kill monsters quickly—if you can find a good balance between of playing at a high difficulty setting while at the same time staying within your comfort zone killing monsters quickly, then you should be in a good place for finding legendaries.

It should be mentioned as well that the expansion will have legendaries that will drop only for people playing in torment difficulties.
Nice thanks, Vaneras! Back to Torment 3 it is then =D
17/03/2014 10:19Posted by Vaneras
It should be mentioned as well that the expansion will have legendaries that will drop only for people playing in torment difficulties.

Will there also be gear that, for instance only drops on Torment 6 or is it generally restricted to Torment difficulty?
17/03/2014 10:41Posted by Chifen
17/03/2014 10:19Posted by Vaneras

Will there also be gear that, for instance only drops on Torment 6 or is it generally restricted to Torment difficulty?

For now there are no Torment 6 only legendaries, merely higher drop chances, but that is not to say that this might not be a thing we will see in the future :-)
17/03/2014 10:45Posted by Vaneras
For now there are no Torment 6 only legendaries, merely higher drop chances, but that is not to say that this might not be a thing we will see in the future :-)

hope so,

why i should playing Torment 2,3,4,5 and 6?

i wish i get in torment 1 ONLY!!!! gear for torment 2 and in torment 2 ONLY!!!! gear for torment 3... that would be take month+...

but now its sense... trollig t1 all time and get more as in 2,3,4,5 and 6...

1 week for relase and the game would be like d3 vanilla first time.. >.>

d3 vanilla - u got no equip in hell for inferno... - fail.
d3 ros - u get equip on t1 for all highter torment difficultis - fail.

im sad.

greetz from austria