Undo enchanting

General Discussion
Hi,

can i remove my enchanting so i get back original value and choose to enchant different stat? It accidently rerolled bad stat on my gear.
nope. Find different item.
You can still roll it back to what it used to be though.
This would be a very useful feature - an ability to cancel enchanting. Let it be the cost of the next enchanting and require the same or double amount of materials, but, Blizzard, please introduce this feature!
16/04/2014 20:19Posted by Zhak
This would be a very useful feature - an ability to cancel enchanting. Let it be the cost of the next enchanting and require the same or double amount of materials, but, Blizzard, please introduce this feature!

Fully disagree with this idea.
i have already asked for this and they said they are considering it
after all its very useful if you wanna change build - char etc in the future
at least this blizz and changing 2 stats on legendaries is essential
Kind of defeats the point of hunting for the very best item if you can roll all the stats you want right?
16/04/2014 21:35Posted by Peenk
Kind of defeats the point of hunting for the very best item if you can roll all the stats you want right?

This is not entirely true. If you were to have a "reset" function, you could re-roll the item as identified and be back to square one, but this time you can enchant the other stat that you should have enchanted.

This would not allow to roll all the stats you want, but allow you to re-use gear that you enchanted for a previous setup. It does not make sense to have to obtain the same piece again just to do that.

16/04/2014 21:13Posted by saintjohn
its very useful if you wanna change build

Agreed.

16/04/2014 21:13Posted by saintjohn
changing 2 stats on legendaries is essential

The whole point of the OP is not to just change 2 stats, but rather rolling back to the identified state to then enchant a different stat. Changing 2 stats would quickly diminish the longevity of this game.

Edit: After a "reset to identified state" reroll, the costs do not return as per the first enchant. Instead, it continues to increase. Or even doubling the material costs for every "reset" of an item.
Think before you act. Learn from your mistakes and move on. Might teach you a lesson about life in general.
I also started a similar topic but did not get any attention.

Distributing paragon points is the most useful feature as it enables you to balance your build. For instance when I found my Deatseer's Cowl it actually turned out to be an upgrade to me even if I was wearing my 6cc 9ias Mempo at that time BUT the offence points needed to be redistributed to compensate for the loss of ias in the new helm, which I eventually did.

Lets get to the point. Why not letting us to reset the enchants made to items in the same way. If you find a new item for your gear and you want to change the enchanted feature of some of your other items then why not! I'm gonna give an example from my gear again. I found this Magefist givin buff to fireskills and my old SoJ is physical. I want to re-enchant my SoJ to get fire on it also BUT it is impossible as I enchanted some other attribute of it before.

It would wonderful to be able to also reset the enchant on items/gears.

Shnops suggested the below which I totally agree.
"Though, I think they should create an item that will reset the enchant instead of making it a button on the mystic"
"Anyways, allowing players to farm for an item to reset a single item's enchants would be great and actually add more depth to the game. It could be similar to creating a hellfire ring."
You could not mean this serious. What else?
To enchant an item needs a little thinking about - is it worth to do so, is the item just for some levels or will i take it for long time because good effect, is the item lev70, are there better items,...
If you consider this and not start to enchant every better item, then you save lot of gold.
Like crafting to much, if there is no craft, you cannot ask if you get back all the spent gold, because you had no luck.

Just think about it a little more before start to act.
or better
start to troll:
if i spent 500 bloodshards at Kadala and she would not give me a leg, can I ask her to get back my spent gold, because I got not the item, I wanted?
@ Gannicus

What is the correlation of asking back the spent shards/golds with what being said here?

17/04/2014 10:01Posted by Gannicus
If you consider this and not start to enchant every better item, then you save lot of gold.

Did anyone said gold spent for the enchant is a problem?
UPS!
lolz