Legendary specific materials too hard to find

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 9 Next
04/04/2014 08:26Posted by heBBe
04/04/2014 05:41Posted by MooMii
i have 14 different types of legendary and set item matts, some are even more then one and guess what? i have only 2 or 3 legendary recipes.
the game is out for how long few weeks? and u already say its too hard to find, it should be hard, whats the point if u gonnna get all the goodies in first weeks and then again will cry that there is no endgame and nothing left to do

The problem as I see it, isn't that crafting is too hard, it's that it's too hard and time consuming in comparison to just grind for leg drops. Most of the available crafts are way worse than several leg drops for each slot, so they need to be easier to obtain or the better legs needs to be harder to get. Preferably the latter i m o.

There are som really good crafts though and they may well be worth the time. But as a "stepping stone", the crafting is definetely broken.

How can it be too time consuming in comparison to grinding for leg drops. If you think a little bit you can get a lot out of the crafted sets. Once you have the plans it takes almost no time to get a set together compared to grinding for pieces of a set that drop only from monsters. I have one of the firebird pieces in my stash, I have no idea when I'll see a second piece. I would like to have the vyr archon set... but I haven't found a single one yet and may never find all the pieces needed.
With crafting once you have the plan you can target farm the materials and have all the pieces needed within half a week depending on how much you play of course. But the point is you're guaranteed to get all the pieces eventually. Some of the sets have very nice bonuses too so they are definitely worth it.

It would be nice if they gave some of the underwhelming crafts a little boost though. But crafting is nowhere near as bad as people are suggesting in my opinion.
It would also be nice that some legendaries (high ends) are crafting only with the crafting material hard to come by.
03/04/2014 08:58Posted by Vaneras
03/04/2014 07:16Posted by NYARLATHOTEP
Remember, legendaries are rare drops; acquiring them through crafting, should be almost as rare as dropping them.

Craftable legendaries should not be common in comparison to dropped legendaries, so what you say is quite true. It should be said though, that we are looking at the drop rates of the legendary crafting materials, because we feel that these may possibly be a tad too low right now.

Alright, as I mentioned yesterday, we are looking into the drop rates of legenday crafting materials and it has been decided that these should be brought more in line with the drop rates of Death's Breath, which are as follows:
  • Normal - 15%
  • Hard - 18%
  • Expert - 21%
  • Master - 25%
  • Torment 1 - 31%
  • Torment 2 - 37%
  • Torment 3 - 44%
  • Torment 4 - 53%
  • Torment 5 - 64%
  • Torment 6 - 77%
  • These new legendary crafting materials drop rates will be implemented in an upcoming patch we're planning on releasing soon :-)
    04/04/2014 09:52Posted by Vaneras
    Alright, as I mentioned yesterday, we are looking into the drop rates of legenday crafting materials and it has been decided that these should be brought more in line with the drop rates of Death's Breath

Holy MOLLY! <- That's all I have to say for now, not sure if I am happy or not...but I am very surprised.
    I'm happy right now how the mats are dropped, but I've been farming the Frozen blood for too long.

I mean the cave have a shared spawn with with another one. Chiltara has like a 10% spawnrate when you get the right cave and it spawns in lvl 2 which means you have to clear the whole thing everytime.
    And going in T2 which is max for me if I wanna farm efficiently it has ??? drop rate.

Drop rate for mats imo overall doesn't seem too low, but Chiltaras spawn rate is horrible, and the blood can only be used to craft 1 item which as you know could be turn out to roll !@#$.
    These new legendary crafting materials drop rates will be implemented in an upcoming patch we're planning on releasing soon :-)

Are there plans in order to change the fact that some ingredients are hidden under multiple layer of RNG? (e.g. Frozen Blood)
    Some ingredients are dropped by mobs with 100% or almost 100% chance to spawn. Others, like Frozen Blood dropped by Chiltara, are dropped by ultra rare mobs.

(e.g. Frozen Blood: 30% chance to spawn the right cave, another ~10% to get Chiltara. Even with a 100% drop rate you've only a 3% chance to get the ingredient)
    Just what I was saying +1

Craftable legendaries should not be common in comparison to dropped legendaries, so what you say is quite true. It should be said though, that we are looking at the drop rates of the legendary crafting materials, because we feel that these may possibly be a tad too low right now.

Alright, as I mentioned yesterday, we are looking into the drop rates of legenday crafting materials and it has been decided that these should be brought more in line with the drop rates of Death's Breath

and what about stats on these crafted legendaries? cos' im not the only one who thinks that 10kk gold (perfect gem) and bunch of rare reagents is good price for 6 random !@#$ty stats...
    can we get more specific stats??
    D3 Vanilla all over again -.-
    Fckin whiners get everything they want as long as there are enough ppl to whine(and Diablo community has tons of them).
    "We want all in 2 weeks,be top geared,have top gems,have tons of gold bla bla bla".
    Blizzard:"Ok just whine some more and we will make you buy legendary materials from vendors in towns".
    Game is out 2 weeks!2 freaking weeks and vast majority already want to be able to farm T6 like normal.And not to mention gold.Killing white mob should award you with 1m gold drop?!?!?!
    It will not be long now that we will get another nerf(considering Torrent levels)or buff(considernig legend drops) just follow forum what kids these days whine about.
    Here we go again, as if the game wasnt easy enough already...

At least spare hardcore from this kind of "give away endgame things for fun" projects. The only effect this has is to shorten the lifespan of the game. Legendary mats should quite obviously be just as rare as legendary items. After all, they are the key ingredient in a legendary item. Deaths Breath is something I for one have a good 150 of, and I have a life.

I already have a feeling that after the p100 definite goal was removed, the new goal is to get perfect gear, which should take... 1 month or so. So much for longevity.
    04/04/2014 10:18Posted by Sickonius
    Fckin whiners get everything they want as long as there are enough ppl to whine(and Diablo community has tons of them).
    "We want all in 2 weeks,be top geared,have top gems,have tons of gold bla bla bla".
    Blizzard:"Ok just whine some more and we will make you buy legendary materials from vendors in towns".
    Game is out 2 weeks!2 freaking weeks and vast majority already want to be able to farm T6 like normal.And not to mention gold.Killing white mob should award you with 1m gold drop?!?!?!
    It will not be long now that we will get another nerf(considering Torrent levels)or buff(considernig legend drops) just follow forum what kids these days whine about.

Guy... It's work, not fun or anything else. If you want to craft one of those stupid 1h axes you have to find the plan first. Then you have to dedicate your whole game in order to farm the ingredient cause multiple layer of RNG. And the farming process isnt fun at all.

1) Start session
    2) Check if Cavern is up (30% chance), if yes -> proceed to 3) if no -> go back to 1)
    3) Run through Cavern 'till Level 2
    4) Check if Chiltara is up (<10% chance), if yes -> proceed to 5) if no -> go back to 1)
    5) Kill Chiltara. Does the Blood drop? (15-77% chance new) If yes -> Yeah! Do it again, cause you want 2 axes! if no -> go back to 1)

Math (again..)
    0.3*0.1*0.77 (with Torment 6) = 2.31% to get one Frozen Blood

And while I'm running around searching for stupid ultra rare mobs my friends are having fun with bounties and rifts..

My only problem with the whole system is the inequality of the ingredients! There are ingredients that drop from 100% spawn mobs and ingredients that drop from ultra rare mobs with a spawn chance of under 3%..

Guy... It's work, not fun or anything else. If you want to craft one of those stupid 1h axes you have to find the plan first. Then you have to dedicate your whole game in order to farm the ingredient cause multiple layer of RNG. And the farming process isnt fun at all.

1) Start session
    2) Check if Cavern is up (30% chance), if yes -> proceed to 3) if no -> go back to 1)
    4) Check if Chiltara is up (<10% chance), if yes -> proceed to 5) if no -> go back to 1)
    5) Kill Chiltara. Does the Blood drop? (15-77% chance new) If yes -> Yeah! Do it again, cause you want 2 axes! if no -> go back to 1)

Math (again..)

And while I'm running around searching for stupid ultra rare mobs my friends are having fun with bounties and rifts..

That is if you want that spesific axe, what about those who absolutely want say Azureedge? They have to be lucky! Thats how the game works. None are entitled to anything, and now everyone and their mom will have all the crafted gear they want, making the game _even_easier.

Yes, I was especting the game to get even easier at some point, but so soon after the expansion? Blizzard, you overfulfill my expectation!

1) Start session

Math (again..)

My only problem with the whole system is the inequality of the ingredients! There are ingredients that drop from 100% spawn mobs and ingredients that drop from ultra rare mobs with a spawn chance of under 3%..

You said it yourself here.YOU chosen to do this.Nobody forced you to farm for materials and nobody forced to you to craft wep.There are plenty of them in game that drops.So if you knew what are chances of it droping and still wanted to farm it why to whine about it?You want it to be easier to farm right?That is what I am talking about.These materials shouldn't be easier,harder maybe,but not easier.I'm gonna remind you again that game is been out 2 weeks and check forum for whiners about low drops and low gold income.
    Cue the "I'm quitting. This game is boring and too easy, even on T6" threads. Give it a week or two.
    04/04/2014 10:32Posted by Rasmus
    That is if you want that spesific axe, what about those who absolutely want say Azureedge? They have to be lucky!

Yes. But Azurewrath is a special item. The axe I'm talking about is this one:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/utars-roar

Some random magic properties and a 15-20% cold dmg increase. Not as a shiny as Azurewrath, isnt it?

I just want same chances for every ingredient. I dont care if they lower the chance to 20% on T6. But I dont understand why there are some ingredients which are easy to get and others which are almost impossible to farm.
    This is so untrue. Crafting works just fine. fun and a challenge! check my gear and then go farm newbies
    Remember, legendaries are rare drops; acquiring them through crafting, should be almost as rare as dropping them.

Problem with that logic is that when you craft legendary item it can be very well next to useless due to RNG stats it can have. If you get random legendary item drop, then everyone knows it can be upgrade or be instant salvage material instead. But with CRAFTING legendary items people have farmed and spent a lot gold also just to get it crafted (Amulets have stupidly high cost because of gems). And then you finally manage to get all needed materials it can be really bad still.

There are 2 possible fix for this.
    1. Rare materials need to have drop rate INCREASED SIGNIFICANTLY IF player has already the plan to craft it. It makes sense then that he/she may want to craft item.
    2. Craftable items can be enchanted AT LEAST 2 different stats instead of 1 like we have for all items. Then it makes sense to actually go with the insane grind and RNG to get rewarded.

In another post blizzard said, the droprate of legendary-materials are bugged.
    04/04/2014 09:04Posted by AKillerWhale
    04/04/2014 08:26Posted by heBBe

The problem as I see it, isn't that crafting is too hard, it's that it's too hard and time consuming in comparison to just grind for leg drops. Most of the available crafts are way worse than several leg drops for each slot, so they need to be easier to obtain or the better legs needs to be harder to get. Preferably the latter i m o.

There are som really good crafts though and they may well be worth the time. But as a "stepping stone", the crafting is definetely broken.

How can it be too time consuming in comparison to grinding for leg drops. If you think a little bit you can get a lot out of the crafted sets. Once you have the plans it takes almost no time to get a set together compared to grinding for pieces of a set that drop only from monsters. I have one of the firebird pieces in my stash, I have no idea when I'll see a second piece. I would like to have the vyr archon set... but I haven't found a single one yet and may never find all the pieces needed.
    With crafting once you have the plan you can target farm the materials and have all the pieces needed within half a week depending on how much you play of course. But the point is you're guaranteed to get all the pieces eventually. Some of the sets have very nice bonuses too so they are definitely worth it.

It would be nice if they gave some of the underwhelming crafts a little boost though. But crafting is nowhere near as bad as people are suggesting in my opinion.

I don't know about wizard sets, but demon hunter craftable sets are very underwhelming. There is absolutely no way I would spend dozens of hours and tens of millions of gold to craft a couple of set pieces that have a chance to be decent. There are some crafts that are worth it, depending on your gear, but the set pieces in my experience are absolutely not among them.
    04/04/2014 10:39Posted by Dabraxus
    04/04/2014 10:32Posted by Rasmus
    That is if you want that spesific axe, what about those who absolutely want say Azureedge? They have to be lucky!

Yes. But Azurewrath is a special item. The axe I'm talking about is this one:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/artisan/blacksmith/recipe/utars-roar

Some random magic properties and a 15-20% cold dmg increase. Not as a shiny as Azurewrath, isnt it?

I just want same chances for every ingredient. I dont care if they lower the chance to 20% on T6. But I dont understand why there are some ingredients which are easy to get and others which are almost impossible to farm.

Its pretty much just as shiny, especially since you can use both. The way i see it you play along as normal, and once in a while you get an ingredient that you can hold onto until you have the plan. Its like free bonusstuff. The reason some are easy and others are not may have to do with their overall power. for instance, reaper wraps are insanely powerful.