Recent Hotfix to Legendary Items

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 16 Next
Numbers?
From my short experience I have noticed good ratio at drops but not to sets! For example at 10 rifts I have found 7lege. From these lege nothing was better than mine and I haven't not even 1 set item! As I saw from my party noone found set items,so the drop of the set items must be must be increased. Before hotfix after so many hours rifting I have found only 1 set item(I mean the primary sets of classes) but I know players who have already full sets. How this is happening? Honestly I am not seeing a green "ding" at my screen. And to be honest for my wd I only care for his set but where is it?

After that I spend my shards to Kadala but no legendary appeared so as many mentioned kadala need drop increase too!

Hope to see hotfix for sets drop!
Wuluxar, these changes affect D3 vanilla players alot because we can't really do rifts and playing the game is now even less rewarding.

Its all about balance, and to me this was just a nerf.

Please pass this information to the development team.
Wow, since this hotfix hit, the game just got 10 times more fun!
By spamming rifts in a party on T2 difficulty everyone gets 1-3 leg/set items per run, AND we get legendaries from kadala each 200ish shards!
I've still never dropped a set item since RoS launch.

#sad puppy

(But not a complaining one) :P
Never got a legendary from Kadala , spent around 1k bshard on boots from her, nothing.
10/04/2014 15:17Posted by Wuluxar
Unique monsters now drop less items.
*Uniques were dropping far more loot than their difficulty would warrant.

It feels as if this change affected champions and rare monsters as well. It might be a psychological effect but I think I'm getting less loot (only one item, or one + deaths breath) per champion/rare pack. Or am I going nuts? :(
serious Arbeia thinking you played more than me ive had around 9 of the lower tier Set pieces all junk :) and 1 piece of the firebird set can only manage t1-t2 on my six classes else i would have more

Suppose its going to be a little slower on HC forget that :)
Thanks alot @Wuluxar <3 , thanks alot D3 developers everyone ! <3
so how difficult is it now to farm matts for legendary items from uniques?

good changes tho in general, will check it out tonight :D
I do not understand what a hotfix was, but it got worse:
Group x4man, 12hours T3 T4 T5.
Total items fell 65 - 67. (66:4): 12h = ~ 1leg/h

Somehow not so long ago you wrote. What if you long loot drops, it will fall more likely for 1 hour.
Everything you write Blizzard, +100% drop rate, +10,000% drop. It all boils down to the fact that 1 legendary item drop / hour.

(0.01 х 100%) = 0.02%.... It does not fix the problem.

The situation does not change. Above statistics Drop same time. Every day 10-16 hours of running in a group. Number of loot does not change. It all boils down to the fact that 1 leg per hour. What to buff - after the same thing.
i'm farming mothers and nothing drops anymore.. good !@#$ing job blizzard, now we can't even get ANY legs from playing the game NORMALLY
guys where to find angelic shared in the game its a crafting material plz reply
So blue.....how about set items.
Say a guy who plays every day for 3 hours.....how many years before he can get a full set "i mean class set"

This all scream BS....man i'm so angry of my own stupidity that i bought that crappy ROS.

This game nothing but a series of frustration not fun.
10/04/2014 16:39Posted by Qjornt
10/04/2014 15:17Posted by Wuluxar
Unique monsters now drop less items.
*Uniques were dropping far more loot than their difficulty would warrant.

It feels as if this change affected champions and rare monsters as well. It might be a psychological effect but I think I'm getting less loot (only one item, or one + deaths breath) per champion/rare pack. Or am I going nuts? :(

Personally, it's always been 1 ensured rare and a possible deaths breath, with the potential for more from champ/rare packs for me - I remember taking note of it because (pre-fix, like, a week ago) I found it fun that when a champion died, the only thing he dropped was a legendary two hand sword. No other stuff. Since then I've noticed that they do sometimes only drop 1 item, and I've had legendaries actually drop of the second, third or fourth mob I kill in packs of three, four or five. Basicly, the mobs all have the "normal" chance to drop something, but killing the pack will result in a guaranteed rare drop.
Hopefully that makes sense.

10/04/2014 17:11Posted by Kimas
I do not understand what a hotfix was, but it got worse:
Group x4man, 12hours T3 T4 T5.
Total items fell 65 - 67. (66:4): 12h = ~ 1leg/h

Somehow not so long ago you wrote. What if you long loot drops, it will fall more likely for 1 hour.
Everything you write Blizzard, +100% drop rate, +10,000% drop. It all boils down to the fact that 1 legendary item drop / hour.

(0.01 х 100%) = 0.02%.... It does not fix the problem.

The situation does not change. Above statistics Drop same time. Every day 10-16 hours of running in a group. Number of loot does not change. It all boils down to the fact that 1 leg per hour. What to buff - after the same thing.

I've had wildly different statistics from you, farming on my own in T4. You should invest in some magic find to be honest - you'll find it's going to matter a great deal (since the 100% buff is multiplicative, thus literally doubling the value of your magicfind inside rifts). I run with 120% currently when soloing. That translates to another 24% chance to find a legendary after the 100% buff.
And just to throw some numbers at you;
Farming for about 3 hours today in T4, avg 10-12 minutes per run (5 rifts or so per hour);
15 rifts =
2 Legendaries from chests.
7 From mobs.
6 From blood shard vendors.
How quickly does your group clear rifts? 12 hrs of doing them is all well and fine, but if you're taking 20+ minutes per, with zero magicfind (apart from the 30 you get from your friends being with you), then my 3 hrs equals your 12.
Still too random for people with low luck, i have clan member who roll 90% of highest and best stats on items, like chain gambling out near perfect iceclimbers 2.5k sledge fists, gift of sylaria with sockets, multiple sojes, thunderfuries, shards of hate. Has less than 400 Rifts completed never did higher than t1.

While i get low to mid rolls on my stuff never, never seen shard of hate tf, only 2 1h drops that rolled over 2.3k dps. And i am getting close to 700 rifts t2-t3.

There needs to be added a way to farm out a specific slots, pieces like sacrificing highest quality gem or death breaths to get 1000% boost to drop chance of specific item for X amount of time. Something that could reduce the randomness of getting specific gear pieces so you could aim for some build.
10/04/2014 18:50Posted by Zrah
Still too random for people with low luck, i have clan member who roll 90% of highest and best stats on items, like chain gambling out near perfect iceclimbers 2.5k sledge fists, gift of sylaria with sockets, multiple sojes, thunderfuries, shards of hate. Has less than 400 Rifts completed never did higher than t1.

While i get low to mid rolls on my stuff never, never seen shard of hate tf, only 2 1h drops that rolled over 2.3k dps. And i am getting close to 700 rifts t2-t3.

There needs to be added a way to farm out a specific slots, pieces like sacrificing highest quality gem or death breaths to get 1000% boost to drop chance of specific item for X amount of time. Something that could reduce the randomness of getting specific gear pieces so you could aim for some build.

What you're talking about is basicly blood shards. They even stated that themselves as recently as last night:
"Finally Kadala, she has always been intended to give players some degree of control over their item upgrades. While we don’t want players to simply pick and choose from a list of items at an excessively high cost, we do want you to have an answer to the question “How do I upgrade my boots?” Kadala is meant to be that answer, she is meant to give you some direct control over the types of items you find."

That and crafting.
tried playing but lagging is intermittent and item drop delay up to 3-4 seconds that is not net delay its server side the pc/router does not keep packets in the cooler for later ... ie packlet loss what the point in focusing on these buffs if X percentage still cant play the game it been almost a week of hell now for me this issue started on the fifth day after launch.
10/04/2014 18:56Posted by Draco
10/04/2014 18:50Posted by Zrah

What you're talking about is basicly blood shards. They even stated that themselves as recently as last night:
"Finally Kadala, she has always been intended to give players some degree of control over their item upgrades. While we don’t want players to simply pick and choose from a list of items at an excessively high cost, we do want you to have an answer to the question “How do I upgrade my boots?” Kadala is meant to be that answer, she is meant to give you some direct control over the types of items you find."

That and crafting.

I want wand of woh that's the only item i need to try out proper fire build, how do i get it i have every other main piece that i want for that setup?
I want Thunderfury since it's best for Arcane torrent cos of insane proc ratio with it how do i get it?

You can say that i could Kadala them out but it's 15 shards per item, i get around 1 legie per 100 buys of boots. So i would need on average 1500 blood shard to get 1 random legie weapon, thats 30 ritfs around 4 hours of rifting in solid group. I have gotten loads of Crudest boots, Boj anglers, Irontoe Mudsputters, never seen a single Iceclimbers. So the chances of actually getting one become so slim that it's just not fun to try.

I also need vyr gloves so i could try 3 piece archon CDR stacking how do i get vyr gloves?
I can't get em from kadala since she can't class set pieces only blackthornes.
Awesome hotfix but there are still too many whiners.

Why not just suggest make all items legendary? no need whites, blues, yellows, gems, mats, mobs, and chests. Just 6 class, one NPC (to sell all legs ingame for free), and Malthael? :-/

I hate whiners.

Big applause for Blizzard. :-)