The logic behind new Blacksmith Plans?

General Discussion
Hi,

I was checking the game guide to look at new BS recipes. They are nice, etc. but as I was looking throw them I saw the new stats for Cain Set and I tried to craft the set. The thing I saw is that I was crafting the old set and to craft the new set you would have the NEW plan, that finally dropped.

Now where is the logic to have 2 types of Cain Set? Why didn't they updated the old recipes with the new stats? There are several recipes that have this "problem", besides new ones that didn't existed before ROS.

Is this intended? And btw do both recipes drop in-game, or only the new one?

PS: the new recipes are insanely hard to craft because they requires specific mats per recipe/per item. (not complaining, just saying, I like a good challenge).
02/04/2014 16:52Posted by Legend
PS: the new recipes are insanely hard to craft because they requires specific mats per recipe/per item. (not complaining, just saying, I like a good challenge).

The specific mats are not random drops, and most are drops from specific locations and monsters making them somewhat easy to farm.

Check this guide for a list of mats, their uses and farm locations

http://www.diablofans.com/forums/diablo-iii-general-forums/diablo-iii-general-discussion/83094-guide-legendary-crafting-materials-drop-locations
They didn't update because there is a part of the player base who keeps playing Diablo 3 Vanilla. If they would simply upgrade it it would remove the option to craft set/legendary items for those people. You should filter the Blacksmith on Highest Usable, this shows the items you can craft for your current level of your character.