Shard of Hate

General Discussion
Great job with balancing, Blizzard. I usually play in group with my WD friends, they have the same level of gear as me. Thanks to SoH, I was able to deal as much damage as they do, or slightly more. Now they will continue to overwhelm T4 and higher, without bugged items, while my barbarian is far behind. You screwed up with balance between melee and casters, but this bugged sword gave the opportunity to mitigate the difference (and it wasn't easy to get at all). Now melee are officially cripples. Thanks for taking away moments like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wiq8f5iro8w
If this is a fix and not a nerf, you seriously need to look into your q&a procedures. Things that do need fixing is for instance the crafted lvl 70 wand that has lower base damage than it's lvl 60 counterpart and no guarantee of rolling a damage mod.
second part of fix is not justified nerf.
Item that trigger effect on skill must not depend on proc scalar.
Proc scalar was designed to balance multi target hits .
At list change it to proc on hit like thunderfury so it take into account numer of targets hit.
Or even better dont implement that part of fix.

P.S just curios if anyone have better SOH then mine
16/04/2014 11:50Posted by IReadyToDie
second part of fix is not justified nerf.
Item that trigger effect on skill must not depend on proc scalar.
Proc scalar was designed to balance multi target hits .
At list change it to proc on hit like thunderfury so it take into account numer of targets hit.
Or even better dont implement that part of fix.

luls, your epeen will be smaller. shame for you.
16/04/2014 11:50Posted by IReadyToDie

this is what blizzard thinks for your soh
http://i.imgur.com/UGw1mKB.gif
i am very happy to see some balance cause with !@#$ gear barbs could faceroll t6 with this weapon. now we see all the qq because they were getting advantage using this buggy weapon.
16/04/2014 12:14Posted by RANGERS20
i am very happy to see some balance

cause all barbs are going to slowly conquer t4 now, and you will be able to outperform all of them, not just those 95% who was without SoH. Yeah, why don't you be happy.
its still better then most weapons, isnt it?
The weapon dropped for me a week ago, I checked out the description, put it in my bank since it wasn't as good as my other weapon.

But then I decided to try it, since I wanted to change my build to lightning and yea. I jumped from Master to Torment 3 only by equipping a weapon that wasn't that much better than my last one. Apparently I was right, but since it was bugged, it turned out to be Godly.

This "nerf" is what I've been waiting for and I'm really glad it's happening. I mean, sure, it's fun to find a weapon that let's you slice up demons easily, but it's a BUG. It's something you need to find and fix. Now if you're gonna whine about "OMG BLIZZARD U NERF MY WEPON!111" and don't understand the reasoning behind it, well, you're just a retard.

Oh and keep that terribly Diablo 2 out from these forums. The items there are different than the items here, there wasn't that much balance in Diablo 2. If all the players, who played Diablo 2 had been given an easy way to express themselves about the game, such as this forum, they would have yelled and whined about the game waaaaay more than the forums of Diablo 3. The game wasn't balanced at all, the items weren't balanced.

Shard of Hate deserves a fix (or a "nerf", as some of you idiots say) and that's it. Now go do something else than spinning around brainlessly as a Barbarian.
Locking this one to keep the conversation in one place. Please continue here – thank you!