Treasue Goblins lost their dignity !

General Discussion
goblins have definitely been nerfed in some kind for ros.. useless now dont get excited like i used to to find one
With their current loot table no wonder that they are easy to be killed :D
Better to have goblins which escape offten but have chance of reward...

or those who never escape and reward you with nothing accordingly....like nowdays
Just wanted to pop in to say thanks for sharing your feedback and thoughts on the state of Goblins in this thread. While it is not currently possible for me to say if Goblins will be made more devious in the future, it can never hurt to get a nice discussion going on the kind of improved Goblin shenanigans people would like to see :-)
I would like to see the goblins more evasive and harder to kill with more loot comming from them.

I loved it, when I wasn't killing everything so easily on T1, to wait a sec when i spotted a goblin and change some skills or made adjustments somehow just to make sure I could kill the goblin and hope for some awesome loot.

Now I just run over them and kill them with a few hits and get !@#$ drops from them. I hardly take the time to make sure I kill it anymore
06/05/2014 17:33Posted by Vaneras
Just wanted to pop in to say thanks for sharing your feedback and thoughts on the state of Goblins in this thread. While it is not currently possible for me to say if Goblins will be made more devious in the future, it can never hurt to get a nice discussion going on the kind of improved Goblin shenanigans people would like to see :-)

They are piñata's for sure. To bad they are all stuffed with bad candy. I've gotten but a single legendary from Goblins since RoS release, and I have encountered goblin levels some 8-9 times now, maybe more.

To illustrate a point;

http://i.imgur.com/gQ0oK9D.jpg

Yes I got'em all, no they didn't drop anything useful. Sure the mats are nice, but I am no longer thrilled when encountering goblins or packs of them. Often, they are not worth the hazzle if in a densely packed area.
who cares ? they drop gems and few yellow anyway. just ignore them..
The current difficulty is in line with reward in my opinion, they rarely drop anything worthwhile so being a !@#$% to kill would just make people skip them. Why spend time chasing something around that drops gems and crafting materials lol.
They can drop lege even while running away instead of gold. But we are back at RNG.

I'm also not sure if all the peoples saying they're so easy to kill play on difficulty that is in fact difficult for them. If you're farming T1 when you don't really have problem with T3. Yes, goblins are easy.

On the other hand even I must admit that it seems easier than before, but that also thanks to the fact that my current build really make any Goblin escape almost impossible.

That said I wouldn't mind adding some special Goblin that would be more challenging to kill with higher chance on better loot :)
Sticky finger goblin
"In his young day he stealed only from rich, but then rich become poor, then his life lose logic"

Description:
This goblin try to "steal" weapons of your group members (he not actualy steal, but replace your wepon with something worthless for 10sec, immagine fun when he replace your DH bow with crude sword)

This one I like!
I used to look forward to hunt goblins. But it turned out they are a waste of time when it comes to legendaries. Since they are relatively rare, it would be nice if they had like 33% chance of dropping a legendary. I wouldn't mind if they learned a few tricks to offset the higher reward.

The problem with making them harder to kill is that melee oriented classes must stay in contact with gobos while currently being unable to bring their advantages to bear i.e. stun effects. Ranged combat classes do not face the same (or any) difficulties for that matter. They can easily bring down whole packs in the same time it takes melee characters to hunt down and kill a single gobo. So if they need to be harder to kill in order to justify higher rewards, then please give melee classes the means to deal with both individual goblins and whole packs of the little buggers. Thanks in advance.
01/05/2014 04:22Posted by Praetorian
I personaly think, blizzard shoud restore dignity to goblins, they shoud be able to escape in alot of cases, and improve their AI , to run towards enemies etc to do vile stuff , to make them as i described above... It will awaken thrill of the hunt amongst players when they see goblin , and satisfaction when kill one of them. Also this will gief blizzard room to add some better loot chance to goblins as well.

The problem is that it's only a DPS race. Goblins need to be more challenging and should lure you in ambushes or something, but in return they should be able to be CCed and you should be able to keep them from porting away indefinitely, otherwise it would only heighten the problems we already have: For DPS builds, or on low difficulty, killing them is a breeze, but for tanky-oriented players who play higher difficulties it's almost impossible.
I once had to do a bounty which required me to kill a giant goblin boss than ran away when I attacked it. It super exciting and dropped a legendary for me. (It was rather easy to kill though) It was called something along the lines of greedy.
06/05/2014 18:37Posted by Tirigon
I personaly think, blizzard shoud restore dignity to goblins, they shoud be able to escape in alot of cases, and improve their AI , to run towards enemies etc to do vile stuff , to make them as i described above... It will awaken thrill of the hunt amongst players when they see goblin , and satisfaction when kill one of them. Also this will gief blizzard room to add some better loot chance to goblins as well.

The problem is that it's only a DPS race. Goblins need to be more challenging and should lure you in ambushes or something, but in return they should be able to be CCed and you should be able to keep them from porting away indefinitely, otherwise it would only heighten the problems we already have: For DPS builds, or on low difficulty, killing them is a breeze, but for tanky-oriented players who play higher difficulties it's almost impossible.

+1000²
Did you ever asked youself which are favorable traits amongs Treasure Goblins?

-Being Vile
-Being Sneaky
-Escape before people eyes
-Piss off people
-Lure people in ambush
-Make player to jump off his chair in anger

Right now goblins lose all their dignity , because they almost NEVER escape players, nor show any of those traits because they are very easy to kill.

What you think ?

Treasure goblins? More like garbage goblins. Dying instantly, dropping garbage.
umm yes this brings back memories of Inferno goblins

we would carefully clear around the area and look for shrines and of course wait for cooldowns

sometimes that wouldn't be enough and I would be screaming expletives at my monitor because losing a potential goblin was somewhat upsetting

now I just go about my business and they just die in aoe crossfire

so I guess pure and utter anger and frustration are more powerful emotions than apathy...therefore I'm on board with nastier goblins
I'd love to see some stronger goblins being added with mean tricks up their sleeves. +1 for the OP.
Praetorian you should slap yourself for saying that. It's bad enough to find legendary items for upgrades and you want it were goblins are harder to kill. With all this nerfs going on this game for legendary drops like chests and mobs we need more goblin rifts. Yo, play a barb and see if you can catch all in a goblin rift. If I was in front of you right now I would throw you my mouse and keyboard....
Do you know what would make treasure goblins more infuriating?
Give them AFFIXES and make them abuse them!

Let them have randomly between 1 and 4 affixes.

And have the legendary/imperial rate Scale up the more affixes they spawn.
1- Affix. 25% chance at legendary and 1 Imperial Gem
2- Affix. 50% Chance at legendary and 2 Imperial Gem
3- Affix. 75% Chance at legendary and 1 flawless Imperial.
4- Affix. 100% chance at legendary and I flawless Imperial and 2-4 Imperial gems

The AI could be improved to take advantage of the affixes. Imagine:
Find a treasure goblin with illusionist and arcane sentry. It would split soon as engaged and then cast the sentries where it plans to run, making it difficult to follow.

Or can you imagine a shielding. wormhole, waller with jailer? It would use the wormholes to get away or put them behind it as it ran so you got teleported out in the middle of nowhere.

Now that would be super infuriating!
06/05/2014 20:11Posted by Cerberus
Praetorian you should slap yourself for saying that. It's bad enough to find legendary items for upgrades and you want it were goblins are harder to kill. With all this nerfs going on this game for legendary drops like chests and mobs we need more goblin rifts. Yo, play a barb and see if you can catch all in a goblin rift. If I was in front of you right now I would throw you my mouse and keyboard....

But m8 nowdays goblins drop nothing in most cases, and this is OK according to how easy they die... Better goblins can actualy improve your chance for loot.
Goblin must be somehting vile ,somehting which do vile tricks to you, somthing which escape offten,something which piss you off, but once when you kill him then there is chance to get somehthing. and insane pleasure when bugger finnaly come under your foot ! goblin shoud invoke thrill of hunt in entire group !

Also they do not need to remove old goblins, they can simply add new typess of goblins with more dignity !

You sopoken about goblin rifts .,to clear goblin rift succesfuly enitre group must cordinate, otherwise you always got escapers. no matter which class you play. Im DH for example I must be carefull where to shoot, to not pull uneccesary one, anyone has its own pros and cons there.

PS. Glad that GM , involved in my topic as well