Urgent Bounty exploit?

General Discussion
I think the current bounty exploit should be rather urgent to patch!?

At least 90% of the of the current public games are running act1 normal... split up doing 1 bounty each to get the horadric cache as fast as possible... in order to get the ring of royal.

Is this what blizzard call multiplayer? meet up in town... split up on a very easy level to achieve a bonus. Silly really!

- The horadric cache should only be awarded to the player whos been actively completing every single bounty. Or else you shouldnt get the bounty.
- As the coming patch notes also mentioned... horadric cache should scale with normal to t6..

But the first point is rather urgent i would say. No way its meant to be this way... create a party of 4... just to split up?? Silly...
shut up and split too
Whilst I doubt this would be considered an exploit, detailing exploits on the forums only provides the know how to more people so they can do it too.

Personally I don't see the issue, what they are doing doesn't affect my gameplay.
At least 90% of the of the current public games are running act1 normal... split up doing 1 bounty each to get the horadric cache as fast as possible... in order to get the ring of royal.

Count yourself lucky that people are splitting, I always end up getting afk leechers when I go pub.
05/05/2014 18:09Posted by Rotax94
shut up and split too

lol. this is just so amateur by Blizzard. No matter what game you join on normal you meet up with 200+ paragon players doing fast split bountys... that should have been red alert in blizzards monitors long time ago. Almost seems like they dont want this to be the long lasting game its meant to be..
05/05/2014 18:09Posted by Rotax94
shut up and split too

this

If you really wanna punish people who still haven't gotten the ring, you might as well do it properly and stop it from dropping permanently.
05/05/2014 18:15Posted by Shammoz
Whilst I doubt this would be considered an exploit, detailing exploits on the forums only provides the know how to more people so they can do it too.

Personally I don't see the issue, what they are doing doesn't affect my gameplay.

Just cant believe its not patched..

It may not affect your personal gameplay of course. But you have to agree the most efficient way of getting something should not be joining a "multiplayer" party on the very easiest level of the game and split up... then whats the point of all your paragons.. an harder levels like t6?
Just wait until the Patch comes out where the legendary droprate of the caches has something to do with the torment level.

Then people will surely farm them on higher torments. And most can't / won't "splitfarm" on t6 for example.
05/05/2014 18:15Posted by Shammoz
Whilst I doubt this would be considered an exploit,

Well you dont even have to be in the game when the first 4 bountys are completed... you can join on the last one... and get the horadric cache... to me thats en exploit... you havent even done whats required for the reward and still you get it...
ppl been doing this since day1 is this was a "urgent exploit" it would been fixed by now..
05/05/2014 18:28Posted by Durrs
ppl been doing this since day1 is this was a "urgent exploit" it would been fixed by now..

Yes i know. And thats the reason RoS will lose a majority of the players within 3 months just like the first version did. Sad but true..
I still see no logic in your complaint? What's the issue with people split farming normal in hopes of getting a ring that required for most builds? Because you can't join normal mode games and do something else? Or that they're doing it faster than you can solo

Not sure how normal mode split farm will cause people to quit though.

The "Point" of harder difficulties is higher xp, gold and legendary drop rate, does it really matter that people farm 1 single item in normal mode? You make it sound like you never need to move onto higher difficulties thanks to split farming.
Has diablo not always been about getting the reward with the minimum amount of hassle? Whatever the developers do, someone somewhere will always figure out the shortest way possible of doing it. It doesn't affect game play doing these quick bounties, its just rather annoying that no-one wants to stay the whole game.
05/05/2014 18:38Posted by Khronics
I still see no logic in your complaint? What's the issue with people split farming normal in hopes of getting a ring that required for most builds? Because you can't join normal mode games and do something else? Or that they're doing it faster than you can solo

Not sure how normal mode split farm will cause people to quit though.

The "Point" of harder difficulties is higher xp, gold and legendary drop rate, does it really matter that people farm 1 single item in normal mode? You make it sound like you never need to move onto higher difficulties thanks to split farming.

Of course you need to move on. But the most efficient way of geting something good should always be on playiong the hardest possible level... you should be rewarded for your progress!?

And calling it multiplayer when you splitfarm is just silly? meet up in town and split up. Please explain to me the logic behind someone completing a bounty where you are not even in the game... and you can join after the 4th bounty... and still get the reward!?

The very basic is you should have to be actively competing in every bounty to get the horadric cache... you shouldnt be abe to get a reward for something you havent even done..!?
they want the ring, that ring is such game-changer that i understand it
they play normal, they get no EXP, no gold and mostly no drops on normal

i got the ring from T1 long time ago, you got yours...i dont mind if the play normal with 500 paragon if they are unlucky to get it on torment

also dont think is super easy or so, most ppl can do it the same speed on T1+, its just that its easier to get split farm group on normal

in 2.0.5 they will do it on T1+ anyway
I agree with you that the caches should scale between normal - t6 but i don't see the problem with split bounties... to me it's just a clever use of game mechanics and besides, people who has farmed hundereds or even a thousand of caches to get the ring of royal grandeur, will have to spend more time to get the caches and they might therefore get very bored of the game and even quit. But, if they would have to farm each bounty to get the ring, a buff of the drop rates is needed.
It's not an exploit. Players are just using a system blizzard gave us in the most effective way. Clever use of game mechanics, and nothing else.
Ooh I didn't notice it was such a wanted ring. I found 2 of those today. Doesn't help me much tho. I don't have much set pieces yet, just hit 70 with first char.

I did some legendaries farming solo on expert and 2 rings.
So you got your ring and make a post how ppl exploit :D