Anniversary buff makes the droprates perfect...

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 46 Next
I agree too.
I never use these forums (heck, I've spent more time playing D3 over the past few days than I have during the past two years!), but I came here simply to add another voice to this subject:
Dear devs, please keep these drop rates. People are spending more time playing the game, and they're having more fun while they're at it - keeping the drop rates would be a win-win for you and the community!
I'm also behind this 100%!
I think 95% of the community agree, this "buff" should be the droprate of a non trading game...

They remove this buff and the game becomes less fun... what would be the point of that?
+1
20/05/2014 10:30Posted by D3MON
I think 95% of the community agree, this "buff" should be the droprate of a non trading game...

They remove this buff and the game becomes less fun... what would be the point of that?

completely agree.
Even though I momentarily agree, I think there's a psychological effect to this. Could be bull!@#$, but think about it. When RoS came out everyone was like "%^-* im finding so many legendaries, the game feels awarding".

A couple of weeks later, that feeling died out.

Later we get 100% buff increase in rifts, everyone is happy, for the moment.

Then we get 100% increase overall (which adds to the 100% in rifts). Now everyone is happy.

Thing is, now, even though I feel "this is perfect", that feeling could die out at any moment, however, going back now would totally kill the game, at least in my opinion.

So that's how I see it.
I agree. I don't know how much it was changed but it feels like people feel better about the buff even if they don't see results.

If Blizzard comes out later and said "Actually there was not buff in chance of legendaries"
This would make me laugh so hard
Everything feels more natural.

More enchanting.

More crafting.

More fun.

More rewarding. I don't feel like I'm actually wasting time like before ( even though I am still kinda wasting time since it's a game ). I feel like I'm actually FINDING items.

Please, in the name of Science, keep this buff.
I agree! Well written!
20/05/2014 11:06Posted by fhantomPL
20/05/2014 10:30Posted by D3MON

completely agree.

Can't agree more! It needs to stay.

Even though it's the flawed loot system in general what makes us beg for it to stay. You see, with the buff we get same loads of useless items as we did before, but AT LEAST it happens faster and AT LEAST is somehow entertaining and satisfying to see legendary drops, even crappy ones, it just keeps you going on. When you see no loot for 5-10 games and then some legendary drops.. and it's yet another Broken Crown, or after a day of farming you see a green item and then it's Blackthorne's again - that's when people ragequit. Bottom line - make the buff stay or even cut it to 50% if you can't see 100% as a permanent buff, will still be an improvement over what we had.
Thank you and everyone else for your feedback! We're following this and similar threads across our different language communities, and some of you might have already seen that our resident goatman Grimiku asked a few targeted questions on the subject in the North American forums.

While you're free to respond in that thread directly, we'd like to hijack this one and give you the opportunity to provide your input here, too. For convenience, here is Grimiku's post:

This thread is a great example of this ongoing debate. I've been enjoying all of the responses I’ve been reading here, and in the other threads, too. Thanks for working to keep it constructive. :)

Out of sheer, goat-like curiosity, I'd like to gather specific feedback by asking some targeted questions. Please feel to chime in (and, if you can, indulge us with a bit more than a simple "yes" or "no" in response)!

• What specifically is it about the anniversary buff's increased drop rate that feels good?
  • What are you doing with the extra items you find?
    • Are you finding more upgrades?
    • Are you Enchanting more frequently?
    • Are you crafting more?
  • Has the buff had any downsides or negative effects for you personally? If yes, what are they?
  • What game mode and difficulty level have you been playing on?
I would like to elaborate on those questions.
20/05/2014 12:22Posted by Ulvareth
What specifically is it about the anniversary buff's increased drop rate that feels good?
What are you doing with the extra items you find?
Are you finding more upgrades?
Are you Enchanting more frequently?
Are you crafting more?
Has the buff had any downsides or negative effects for you personally? If yes, what are they?
What game mode and difficulty level have you been playing on?

1. I feel like i get enough drops with the buff that i want to keep playing, thinking what if the next item is my class set item etc. 1 legendary in a play session didn't feel rewarding.
2. Some of them have actually been upgrades, even for alts also. And since i am really unlucky with the enchanting system, its a big help with more forgotten souls.
3. i have a chance to get the enchant in 1 play session, so yes a little more frequently.
4. I am still looking for the other enchanting materials, so not yet.
5. NO negative effects, its a great increase in play time happiness! if thats a word
6. Normal, and usually torment 2-3.
I'm alright with the old droprates, but I think there should be an easier way to get Souls. I'm forever finding legendaries where I think "if I shift this stat to that, then it'll be ideal for my Wizard's Kormac". So I end up with this backlog of stuff I don't want to salvage but I can't really use until I've enchanted it.

The anniversary buff has given me more Souls as a consequence of the higher drop rates, and that is a big improvement for sure. But yeah, I just wanted to point out I think it's the increase in Souls which is specifically making things better.
What specifically is it about the anniversary buff's increased drop rate that feels good? - Well, you still get 99% crap, but at least you get it more often
What are you doing with the extra items you find? - Salvage, of course. Seriously, "smart loot" how many 2H axes and swords does a mage need?
Are you finding more upgrades? - No
Are you Enchanting more frequently? - Not really
Are you crafting more? - Nope
Has the buff had any downsides or negative effects for you personally? If yes, what are they? - No.
What game mode and difficulty level have you been playing on? - T6 Rifts
This thread is a great example of this ongoing debate. I've been enjoying all of the responses I’ve been reading here, and in the other threads, too. Thanks for working to keep it constructive. :)

Out of sheer, goat-like curiosity, I'd like to gather specific feedback by asking some targeted questions. Please feel to chime in (and, if you can, indulge us with a bit more than a simple "yes" or "no" in response)!

• What specifically is it about the anniversary buff's increased drop rate that feels good?
    • Are you crafting more?
  • Has the buff had any downsides or negative effects for you personally? If yes, what are they?

-

What specifically is it about the anniversary buff's increased drop rate that feels good?

It feels more rewarding when playing.

-

What are you doing with the extra items you find?

Most of them will be salvaged to reroll my current items.

-

Are you finding more upgrades?

yes

-

Are you Enchanting more frequently?

yes

-

Are you crafting more?

yes

-

Has the buff had any downsides or negative effects for you personally? If yes, what are they?

Yes, bounties are completly unrewarding for loot.
Horadric Caches are really rare to drop a legendary.

-

What game mode and difficulty level have you been playing on?

Season Hardcore... oh wait, its only Hardcore ;)
Hard ; Torment 1 ; Torment 2 ; Torment 3 ; Torment 4
  • I play for longer as the drop rate now gives me hope I may find what I need, whereas before I was just resigned to the fact I probably wouldnt.

• Turning them into forgotten souls. The drop rate is better, the chances of getting a good item is still rare, but thats ok as the incentive to keep trying is stronger.

• No

• Yes

• Are you crafting more
  • No

• No

• Torment 4 rifts in public games.

If you do plan to adjust the rates, dont just raise the drop rates of legendaries and then increase the rarity of certain legendaries, making it look like you've given us a buff when in reality you havent though x)
    Keep in mind that I am a very casual D3 player. I choose/investigate the right builds for my characters and I know how to play them, but I just don't play a lot -- that's why I call myself casual.

•What specifically is it about the anniversary buff's increased drop rate that feels good?
    -> I feel like I am progressing my character a little better, and it feels rewarding.

•What are you doing with the extra items you find?
    -> Some of them I salvaged for extra mats that I need, others I keep for my alts in the chest.

•Are you finding more upgrades?
    -> Yes.

•Are you Enchanting more frequently?
    -> Yes.

•Are you crafting more?
    -> Not necessarily, but I probably should.

•Has the buff had any downsides or negative effects for you personally? If yes, what are they?
    -> No.

•What game mode and difficulty level have you been playing on?
    -> Mostly Torment II on my demon hunter. I tend to set it back down to Torment I if I have to get Malthael.
    Well this buff brings back the thrill of old diablo games for me. Even if 90% of legendaries I get is pure crap I have plenty of forgotten souls now and whats more important I have bigger chance to get an actual upgrade. Before buff I got 1 legendary in 3 rifts and I knew it is crap anyway. Now when I got 3 legendaries in 1 rift I have bigger chance to get some nice item and it is fun to play for me. I have some motivation to play and I dont get bored so soon.

Long story short. Finally I feel rewarded for playing this game.
    1. I started to play more, game gave me the rewarding feeling like in old good D2 times.
    2. I am finding more upgrades (found 2 alrdy for present build, and think about differ builds for my class to test em in future), more crafting, more enchanting due to more crafting matts. I feel progress. And i also think now to try new classes cuz before i was scared that i can't gear effective both at same time and was forced to spend all the time to grind with only one.
    3. Negative effects? hell no. i got second breath, that slot-machine feeling.
    4. I am playing T4, sometimes T5.

And one more - to keep this feeling for long, game needs more content - more legendary items with interesting properties, mb runes or legendary gems, etc, etc ,etc. AND OFC MORE STASH PLACE.