Anniversary buff makes the droprates perfect...

General Discussion
Prev 1 22 23 24 46 Next
D3 players happy on this glorious day :)
Thank you for listening ...I'm impressed. THX Blizzz :) big thanks!!!
Yes this is definately good,leaving the drop rate increased like that.
100% drop rate might give you more legs,but doesnt mean your gonna get good legs soo its all good :D
S U P E R B !

It will allow players to play now at their pace, without the feeling that you have to stretch the night...
OH SWEET ZOMBIE JESUS YES!

BRB gone farming.
1. What specifically is it about the anniversary buff's increased drop rate that feels good?
2. What are you doing with the extra items you find?
3. Are you finding more upgrades?
4. Are you Enchanting more frequently?
5. Are you crafting more?
6. Has the buff had any downsides or negative effects for you personally? If yes, what are they?
7. What game mode and difficulty level have you been playing on?

1- a) It gives a clear target to a level. If you clear chests, monsters and caves in a level, you have a realistic chance to get a legendary.
b) Besides, it gives a realistic chance to get a set item, which is my ultimate target...

2- I keep 1 copy of all items I found. Even if I need to create extra heros for archiving them. Then, when I have a drop, I compare, and keep what I feel the best of two. So then, if I want to play another hero type, I save, save, save for the future and their retirement!

3- Not really. Actually, I favour legendary "with a meaning", i.e. with a special ability allowing a different gameplay, or as an incentive for using different spells

4- Yes. As I get more souls, it allows more re-enchanting (on the same item/property). But i do not enchant more items as I am cautious about teh fact that, once selected, a property is locked.

5- No. Not yet. A tad too many plans are dropping at the moment, and their are too many legendaries without flavour (same specs +6, but no specific/unique skill attached to it...)

6- Yes, it had: I played too much and nights were too short as I tried to do the maximum during the given time frame. I am 56, and I find that I am as crazy/stupid/brainless as my young nephews.(smile)

7- Tourment 2. Adventure. I do not play much rifts (I have +450 keys stored) as, until the buff came, I could not find something specifically good in it: the Boos should be 1 level up (ex. level 3 if in tourment 2) but always drop a legendary/set
22/05/2014 08:12Posted by Vaneras
22/05/2014 07:44Posted by Tert
BLUE POST! Anniversary Buff Update

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/12926172697

Hello folks,

I come bearing exciting news. Due to the overwhelming popularity of our Anniversary buff we have decided to keep the increased Legendary drop rate once the Anniversary celebration ends. Once the buff is disabled tomorrow morning, you will find that the new base line drop rates for Legendary items will be the same as those you have all enjoyed for the last week.

Happy hunting and link the loot!

Just quoting this for increased visibility :-)

As Travis Day mentioned in his post, the anniversary buff was extremely popular and as such it has been decided to keep the increased drop rate :-)

Please note however that the increased legendary drop rate chances won't affect Kadala or Act-specific Legendary items from Horadric Caches.

Awesome news!!!
21/05/2014 22:15Posted by Praetorian
So far I didnt saw single person with bad gear, all got decent ! and with perma buff you will get your carrot in 2 weeks , then what you gonna do? stop playing right? whining on forum how there is nothing to do for you?

In 2 weeks? That is pretty optimistic. Wich one of these 2 options you prefer:
1) Player stop playing after hundrets or thousands of hours when they reach T6 capability with each class. During those hours he/she enjoy the game because he/she gets tons of legendaries (even if 99% of them is still crap) etc.
2) Player stop playing after few hundred hours (maybe even less) because he/she never gets anything that allows him/her to go for higher torments.

Yes, some people doesn't have your luck Praetorian. I was stuck in T3 (didn't have EQ set yet) and didn't get any(!) upgrade in 4 weeks before this event. First day of this event, i got 2 good items (EQ helmet that completed my set and SoJ) and 1 of them even had pretty good rolls. And yesterday i got slightly better lut socks.

And what do i do when i finally get that carrot for my barb? Maybe ill start playing with other class or try HC. There is plenty to do after 1 class is finally in T6.

21/05/2014 22:15Posted by Praetorian
There is people around who spend 300+ hours playing on t4+ ,and gather very best gear on legit way...... This anniversary overbuff pissed all of them , and humilated their efford, because allowed evry monkey in community to do the same with less time and efford ! and this is very sad ! this breaks will to play ! permanent buff will even more humiliate such a players.....where is justice there?

There is also people who spend 300+ hours playing t1-3 without any upgrades that would give them change to get to higher torments. Like i said, you are just very lucky. It doesn't mean anything if you get 100 legendaries every day if you have bad luck. You just get 100 lottery tickets instead of 10.

And i didn't know that this is somekind of race "who gets the best gear first". I don't give a sh*t about your gear so why would you care what kind of gear i get? I play this game with my friends, we help eachother, we are happy if someone gets nice upgrade etc. etc. We play this game to get better items and enjoy. Not to hit our head to wall everyday. There is a lot more to worry about in the world and in life than some pixel items in game.

When the ladders comes, then you have that race you want. But now, everyone just plays for themselfs. Stop whining about this and let people enjoy the game. Give them tons of legendaries! :) That will keep people happy even if 99.9% of those are useless :)
dear lord in heaven, this is such awesome news I got goosebumps.

RoS was a much needed reboot for DIII, switched to HC a few weeks back for increased challenge as well. And this past week: the combination of HC thrills with these new droprates that actually make for some decent progress...

I'm literally overwhelmed with joy! Good job blizz. Now I know for a fact that playing will effectively get me some legendaries (whether they will forgotten souls, serieus upgrades or giveaway to my session partners -> I need em for these three reasons) and gear my chars! And I don't have to cram it all into one crazy week.

Awesomeness! Pure awesomeness!!!
The whining will return in a week, mark my word...

Hello folks,

I come bearing exciting news. Due to the overwhelming popularity of our Anniversary buff we have decided to keep the increased Legendary drop rate once the Anniversary celebration ends. Once the buff is disabled tomorrow morning, you will find that the new base line drop rates for Legendary items will be the same as those you have all enjoyed for the last week.

As Travis Day mentioned in his post, the anniversary buff was extremely popular and as such it has been decided to keep the increased drop rate :-)

Please note however that the increased legendary drop rate chances won't affect Kadala or Act-specific Legendary items from Horadric Caches.

That's awesome, but i'm sure it's not live yet! everything feels like before the buff
I'm truly positively suprised.

It seems like someone did learn from the past. You are listening to the community. Please keep this attitude.

Kudos to you & the devs and whoever is resposible.

I will reply this with making a new toon so with a smal change like this you have kept at least one player for an aditional amout X of hours. For any company that's the way to go.

PS: I'm OP - please accept my gratitude.

Hello folks,

Thank you thank you thank you.

I dont know what you've done to the drop rate but I just got 6 legendaries in one solo rift!!!
Normally I only come here to read up on things. This time I decided to log on tell you this:

Thanks alot Blizzard! I had alot more fun because of this last week, and now that will continue! :-)
On some fan pages there is a rumor that the anniversary drop buff nok has ben hotfixed to be a lasting part of the game... Annonce knowhow if this is true or what?? It was supponer to be a Blue statement as of yesterday....
@Tutmosis. How about you use your eyes?
Scroll 3 posts up and read the blue stuff. You might be surprised what you can learn by reading.

edit: Forgot to say: YES YES YES! Now it'll take me a whole lot longer before I'll get bored with D3! Awesome move by Blizzard.
22/05/2014 09:08Posted by Rinnegan
That's awesome, but i'm sure it's not live yet! everything feels like before the buff

The anniversary buff has ended actually, but the legendary drop rates have since been increased so that they are at the same level as they were when the anniversary buff was live, which means that it is possible that you are having a bit of bad luck right now since you feel everything is the same as it was before the buff.

Please keep in mind that even though the legendary drop chances are higher now, good luck is still not guaranteed and as such dry streaks can still happen.

22/05/2014 09:22Posted by AudioVideoD
Thanks alot Blizzard! I had alot more fun because of this last week, and now that will continue! :-)

Let's hope the fun will continue indeed :-)

[edit] added a few clarifications
'splutters morning tea across laptop screen', awesome.

US servers have the icon but not EU, I guess it will level out at some stage.
Good call Blizz. I think this was a good move tbh.

Thanks for listening to the community :)

It is live, so it is possible that you are having a bit of bad luck right now. Please keep in mind that even though the legendary drop chances are higher now, good luck is still not guaranteed and as such dry streaks can still happen.

You're inviting a whole heap of "RNG sucks" abuse with that statement :)
I love the buff. Though I think RNGesus must've been very tired this morning. He gave me Jade Harvester chest plate. I'm playing a Crusader. :|

Would that I could exchange it for Akkhan's...