Dropping other classes' set items or not?

General Discussion
1 2 3 10 Next
Ok third Q today for y'all :-)

In Smart Loot it is still possible to get magical, rare, legendary and set items with another main stat and other skills etc.

I would like to know how you feel about dropping a set item for another class than the one you are playing?

I mean, you play a barb and you drop a set crossbow...

If I was interested in playing a DH I would level one to 70 and use it as an alt and have fun with it ( I have all old classes at 60 but my plan is to have just barbs and crusader so they can share all my loot). I dont though. So I am thinking you should only drop CLASS SET items for your class. I am fine with dropping an Int Blackthorne set item....
I disagree, I feel that some loot, including sets and legendaries, should drop that isn't "smart" (using it VERY generously) loot.

While I can understand the frustration of finally seeing that green chest drop and it's a zunimassa instead of vyr (cry) it on the other hand might just make me want to try the wd (as the monk head I found did for my monk).

I also feel that while I like having a potential use for most drop is good there should be some random to it. Shouldn't exclude set and legendary just because it's annoying.

Of course, there's benefits to both sides here.
Interesting question, I can imagine there are positive as well as negative opinions on the occasional set item dropping for another class the one you are currently playing.

I personally do not mind as I have characters of all classes, but not everyone does that of course.

22/05/2014 10:22Posted by OioxFûl
I would like to know how you feel about dropping a set item for another class than the one you are playing?

Let's hear it people, how do you feel about set items dropping for other classes than the one you are playing?

Also, if you do not have a character of the class that the set item is intended for, what do you do with the item? Do you salvage it? Do you use it on a follower? Do you save it for the future when you might have a character that can use it?
22/05/2014 10:46Posted by Judge
just because it's annoying

My point is more that I think it is illogical to be able to drop other classes' sets. They are so specific. I dont mind dropping an Int leg as I said... its the idea that class sets are for those classes only :-) sort of highest drop tier.... anywho good to hear your opinion!
It would annoy me no end. At least with a legendary you have the possible chance to reroll a bad stat, a set item would be useless to someone who has no intention of playing class X
I play multiple classes and have not had many luck for the class specific class sets yet. So I honestly would not mind finding set items for the other classes. Even if I don't have that class maxed at the moment I would definitely safe it for future use.
22/05/2014 11:03Posted by KK20
chance to reroll a bad stat, a set item would be useless to someone who has no intention of playing class

A good point too. Option and none-option.
22/05/2014 10:53Posted by Vaneras

Let's hear it people, how do you feel about set items dropping for other classes than the one you are playing?

I feel that the chance of a set item for another class than the one I'm playing currently should be lower than normal or there should be a way to replace it with something I want.

Also, if you do not have a character of the class that the set item is intended for, what do you do with the item? Do you salvage it? Do you use it on a follower? Do you save it for the future when you might have a character that can use it?

Mostly it's just salvage since a majority of legendaries and such are rather bad.
I enjoy it to some extent (as long as there are no DH drops as I hate the DH ;) )

I got Wizard setitem with my Crusader and I don't mind, it made me want to try and level my wizard to 70 to give that a shot.

Then for example I got a Cinder Coat and Shard of Hate with my Crusader (not set items, I know) which made me want to level my barb from 61 to 70 to see what all the fuss is about.

As long as the big chunk of loot is for the character playing, I don't mind a different class drop now and then (again, stressing that I do not want any DH drops ;) )
I don't like it when other class set items drop other than the class I'm playing. Then again I think class sets at this point are too rare, especially when they are all required for any kind of end build.

I've gambled over 4000 shards over the past days, and I barely got over 20-30 legendaries, half of them were blackthornes, and some other generic orange legendaries.

Another good example, my friend has been farming earthquake set since RoS launch, still doesn't have the full set, two of our other friends managed to get all pieces in the same day. How can you even remotely defend the loot system at this point? It's still bad and pure agony for a lot of us.

So yes, please take away the other classes tier pieces dropping on the class you are playing, and nerf blackthornes, and buff class tier pieces please!
It's fine the way it is.
As someone who has been after the Invoker set parts ever since the release of RoS and seeing how I have managed to get only 3 parts so far(i have been trying to gamble the last part, that being the shoulders... so far I have gambled like 2 helltooth / 4 jade harvest shoulders and a bunch of legendaries..), I'd imagine that by now there would have been maybe 1 "wrong class set drop". I mean if it was possible it would be rare, right? I mean the only legendary Flail I have found so far was when I was playing on my WD, mainly because I only play WD.. So finding gear to those other classes isnt all bad in my eyes as I do have a cruader.

I have +900 hours on my WD, surely I like to play with my other characters from time to time but if they dont have any gear, its less likely for me to play with them. My WD can do T5 while my other characters can barely do T1, there is no question who I should play with. Thankfully the new paragon system has encouraged me to play at least a little bit more on these other characters and the new 70lvl craftable set items as well.

but hey thats just me, I have had considerably more time to play the game than others. I have good gear already so it doesnt bother me, but those who dont have good gear and happen to be"unlucky" and their first set item will be to wrong class, it can be understandably unrewarding moment.

TL;DR: im okay with finding gear for my other less played chacters.

Since I play 3 different classes the chances are that I can use the item, but if I cannot I usually play with friends who can use it.

And of course if I happen to get a non usable set drop whilst playing alone, depending on the set I save it for a rainy day. Bad sets or Good sets with "holy !@#$ what the hell is this" rolls I just salvage.
i like it how it is with the small chance to drop a set leg for another class.

if anything i would like more focus on the playing class. I'm fed up with the amount of two handed swords and maces i get on my wiz if rather they just drop dropped souls instead lol.

I would like to see an increase in wands and sources even if they are just low end rarely used legs its an improvement on two handed weapons.
I personally do not mind as I have characters of all classes, but not everyone does that of course.

+1, but...

What really annoyed me whilst seeking the last piece of my DH's Marauder set, was the fact that when I got A GREEN BEAM OF JOY that was BOOTS - and NOT yet another BT troll pair - I was convinced I'd found my Marauders....

NO.

It turned out to be a WD set item.

Given that I was becoming a little disillusioned with the 6 THOUSAND shards I'd invested with Kadala to no avail, I was close to rage-quitting.

It is bad enough being trolled with BT and different set items than the one you want for the class you're on.

It does rather frustrate one, when finding the green item for the slot you need that isn't even usable on the class you're playing.
I think that it should not be possible to give a fresh lvl 70 WD all the gear he needs just because you have been playing a lot on your DH. You should learn to play and improve your class piece by piece.
I wouldn't mind set items dropping for other classes than the one I am playing as long as smart roll is smart and coherent with the class is meant for. No Jades with DEX and +Exploding Palm damage or any crap like that please.

At this point any (class) set item is welcome... If I'd get set items for any other classes than the three I play (well, 2 1/2, my Wizard is feeling rather abandoned) I would level a toon of that class to use them.

As you can see in my profile so far class set items have distinctively not dropped. At all.

EDIT: Tell a lie. I actually have an Inna's daibo. Given the state of 2H weapons though unlikely it will ever be used.
I've already gotten one set Hand Crossbow on my Crusader, and I really don't mind. As soon as I get a lvl 70 DH, at least I got something good for him already.
22/05/2014 11:23Posted by Wired
BOOTS - and NOT yet another BT troll pair

http://oskarpannier.com/finding-set-items/

I was playing on my dh when suddenly a green chest dropped! I was very exited and it came out to be a Firebird's chest.. I flamed to the monitor for about 15 minutes -.- then i gave it to a mage party member having nothing in exchange... Probably the biggest delusion in the game. Sad.