Casuals win again

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Why does this keep happening, Blizzard? Why do u give in to whine of casuals on forums ever since WoW? The leg drop rate was absolutely fine, i've been playing 7-8 hours a day since release and i got all the set items in 3 weeks. Streamers on twitch who played even more got most of the loot in 2 weeks after release, but then who cares, since there is no feedback about it - i got the loot and im happy, so all we see is whine from ppl who play just 2 hours a day and as they like to say "i wait so long for legendary and all i get is forgotten soul", well so what? 90% of the legendaries i get i dont even id, thats the way the game is meant to be played if u want to be good at it
Totally agree! Something really good was starting to grow and then Blizzard start to give in for the casual players as usual. We have seen it before and will probably see it again.

Why cant you just starta some kind of Casual mode for the newbies? Where Xp rate is 10 times faster and drop rate 10 times higher and let us have the original game to remain hard and long lasting...

Sadly its time to go back to Path of Exile.
bla bla bla... bla bla lol...

buff is good, i play like 4-6 hours a day, and i like looting legendarys. Empty rift streak without legendary drops is annoying and reduce willing to play this game.

So if they want to keep ppl playing with self found policy - then legendary drops must be high enough.
22/05/2014 07:28Posted by Starzi

buff is good, i play like 4-6 hours a day, and i like looting legendarys. Empty rift streak without legendary drops is annoying and reduce willing to play this game.

So if they want to keep ppl playing with self found policy - then legendary drops must be high enough.

That's what i just said - it shouldnt, if u play long enough you get all the loot you want, so really your argument is just "bla bla bla" very mature friend
Eraserhead it seems that the majority felt different about the droprate.

To be honost i personaly enjoy the current droprate more then the previous setting. But i guess its personal for everyone.
Because there is more casuals than hardcore players. Blizz will listen to the majoraity of customers - it is common bussiness strategy listen to the majority. Deal with it. I´m OK with it. Though I found many legendaries over the last week, I trashed 95% of them. I do not feel, that I get bored soon because of increased drop rate. After all, we have six different characters to gear up and many builds that we can try. It is just twisted reality of no lifers that they are actually accomplishing something by endless grinding for some particular item for hunderds of hours. The only accomplishments, that really counts are ones in real life. You can argue with it, you can even disagree on this one, but thats it. Videogames are made for fun not for work. They´ve always were, they always will be.
22/05/2014 07:28Posted by Starzi

Well id say its more the other way around. Ive played 4-6 hours a day and got most of the items i need with a decent roll already. So now what? The drop is way too high to keep it long lasting and now its doubled... incredibly stupid!
22/05/2014 07:24Posted by Eraserhead
Why does this keep happening, Blizzard? Why do u give in to whine of casuals on forums ever since WoW? The leg drop rate was absolutely fine, i've been playing 7-8 hours a day since release and i got all the set items in 3 weeks

Sorry that your life is pathetic, but dont let it out on us...
I like it a lot, but in that case Kadala should not be able to drop Torment legendaries :(
i've been playing 7-8 hours a day since release t

There is your problem. Fix that and you will win too.
expected whines
@@blablabla
i got no life but got everything in game, why u let other to get same blablabla@@

i've been playing 7-8 hours a day since release

you will say thx blizz after u finish school.
You really think blizzard should cater to the people who play 7-8 hours every day?
22/05/2014 07:35Posted by Osiris
Eraserhead it seems that the majority felt different about the droprate.

To be honost i personaly enjoy the current droprate more then the previous setting. But i guess its personal for everyone.

Because why would a person who already got all the loot even be concerned with this? When this buff came live on servers i already had all the items i wanted so i didnt care for it, its nice sure but just for a week. And then ppl who play this game casually whine on forums so that's the only thing Blizzard reads, thats how "majority" is formed
We're in for another round...
i've been playing 7-8 hours a day since release

Good on you. Some people have jobs and real life responsibilities.
This is great - I only get playing this for 10-15 hours a week...must make me a casual.

Think of it this way, you can get the days farming done in 3-4 hours now and have more time free to do something else...or you could farm more.

The drop rate is hardly obscene either, I got a few pieces of Jade Harvetser gear across Friday-Saturday....and absolutely nothing of real value since
22/05/2014 07:47Posted by Eraserhead
Because why would a person who already got all the loot even be concerned with this? When this buff came live on servers i already had all the items i wanted so i didnt care for it, its nice sure but just for a week. And then ppl who play this game casually whine on forums so that's the only thing Blizzard reads, thats how "majority" is formed

Dude, and you really think, that majority of D3 players are playing 7 - 10 hours per day? Common, you can´t be serious... Diablo was always specific game and there are many D1 and D2 vets, that are currently in age of about 30 - 40 and they have jobs and families. Also every healthy and social person have other interests than playing 24/7 and I believe THIS is the majority we´re talking about. If there is majority of people, who are sitting at the computer and playing games for most of the day, then this world is going to hell.
Anyone who can play for more than 2 or so hours a day presumably has no job, no life, no family and does nothing else with their time other than play this and are probably sponsored by the state via benefits to play? (Ignoring the poor sods who arnt working/studying etc due to illness /injury or whatever).

IF that is the case ie - you're a benefits paid player - screw you - learn to do somethign useful and get a f****** job - the rest of us are already paying for you to play via taxes etc which means WE effectively paid for your copy of the game.

YOU should be giving us 40% of your loot rather than whining that drops rates are high marginally enough for people with a normal job/life/study etc to get drops often enough to not say sod it because they effectively get nothing for a whole week or more.

This damn game SHOULD be balanced for normal people with a normal life and a normal job/study etc. The last thing we want is to come home and play something the feel like another annoying thankless job.

What blizzard should really do I mon-fri, anyone farming between for between 8am and 6pm gets 40% of their loot taken away. That loot is left in a pool for the players who come on to play from 6-7pm or so. Think of it as a loot benefits system for those can cant play all day every day.
Why does this keep happening, Blizzard? Why do u give in to whine of casuals on forums ever since WoW? The leg drop rate was absolutely fine, i've been playing 7-8 hours a day since release and i got all the set items in 3 weeks. Streamers on twitch who played even more got most of the loot in 2 weeks after release, but then who cares, since there is no feedback about it - i got the loot and im happy, so all we see is whine from ppl who play just 2 hours a day and as they like to say "i wait so long for legendary and all i get is forgotten soul", well so what? 90% of the legendaries i get i dont even id, thats the way the game is meant to be played if u want to be good at it

Very simple - More casulas buy the game and fill Blizzards bankaccounts. Its all bout the money.

Still I wellcome the increased drop. Even if the leg aint so good (statswise) at least the chance of getting a good one is slightly higher now. A lot of the people who play this forget one very important thing. The game has to cater all sorts of people not only those who play 8-12 hours a day...
My worry is that the game will loose legs because people will finish gearing characters very fast, ive gone from a terrible char to a ok one in less than a week.....