Casuals win again

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 5 Next
22/05/2014 07:47Posted by Eraserhead
22/05/2014 07:35Posted by Osiris
Eraserhead it seems that the majority felt different about the droprate.

To be honost i personaly enjoy the current droprate more then the previous setting. But i guess its personal for everyone.

Because why would a person who already got all the loot even be concerned with this? When this buff came live on servers i already had all the items i wanted so i didnt care for it, its nice sure but just for a week. And then ppl who play this game casually whine on forums so that's the only thing Blizzard reads, thats how "majority" is formed

So why do you care , even if they increase it tenfold ? I dont get it. You will still have everything.
22/05/2014 08:01Posted by FailCascade
My worry is that the game will loose legs because people will finish gearing characters very fast, ive gone from a terrible char to a ok one in less than a week.....

As you said - to an OK one. If you are not playing 24/7 it will take much more time to get from OK to TOP one. And there is six deifferent classes to gear up and many different builds you can try. So don ´t worry about getting bored too soon.
I know right!

It's so terrible that the people I encounter in public games might actually have decent gear and be able to make a substantial contribution to the game we're playing. It's so upsetting and awful.
I have stopped playing with my WD because of the horrible A.I. of the pets and started playing on my Crusader. I get almost no loot at all worth looking at. Got my first upgrade in a week just now so no, I don't think we will be geared extremely fast unless you are really lucky.
Brief summary on these sorts of posts:

And how does it hurt you oh Mighty One?
- Peeps whine n gget all my STUFFZ that iz MINE ALONE

Is other people getting rewarded so bad?
- Yesz becuse they don now wat diablo is about its about NOT DOING ANYTHING ELSE

Not elite enough?
- GAme izt for casuars i want game to be for ME ONLY i AM NO CAZUAR!!

Should everything be reserved for you who commit half your time spent awake to the game?
- YES why do other peeps get loot THEY CHOSE LIVE NOT PLAY, i CHOse play I DESErvE it only!!!

Does their happiness cause you such a great deal of pain?
- yES THEm happy kills my FUN I WAbnt to be all POWERFUL whileCASuars are weak AND TINY!!!

Does their game play in any way affect yours?
- IT KIL MY gaME, MY GAmwe is no loonger speCIAL!!!

Seriously, kid, get outside for a change...
22/05/2014 07:24Posted by Eraserhead
Why does this keep happening, Blizzard? Why do u give in to whine of casuals on forums ever since WoW? The leg drop rate was absolutely fine, i've been playing 7-8 hours a day since release

And this is exactly why "casuals win again". The "casual" are the vast majority of players and they can't possibly play 7-8 hours a day. It is only normal that Blizzard are mostly concerned about the wishes of the majority. If you happen to be from the minority that can play more than the average (in your case, more by a few folds), then you still don't have any reason to complain.
22/05/2014 07:38Posted by darkllord
Because there is more casuals than hardcore players. Blizz will listen to the majoraity of customers - it is common bussiness strategy listen to the majority. Deal with it. I´m OK with it. Though I found many legendaries over the last week, I trashed 95% of them. I do not feel, that I get bored soon because of increased drop rate. After all, we have six different characters to gear up and many builds that we can try. It is just twisted reality of no lifers that they are actually accomplishing something by endless grinding for some particular item for hunderds of hours. The only accomplishments, that really counts are ones in real life. You can argue with it, you can even disagree on this one, but thats it. Videogames are made for fun not for work. They´ve always were, they always will be.

The game is about improving your character.
You can do that at ANY difficulty but T6. There is nowhere to go from T6.

Making everyone able to do T6 in no time will shorten the game for a lot of players. Nothing more to achieve.
The top difficulty should not be for everyone. The spoiled little casuals should realize that, but they don’t. They are just too dumb and spoiled.
They play this game for the wrong reasons. Why does it ruin your game if you don’t get endgame drops within 100 hours?
Why does it feel like work?
Maybe because you think you are entitled to top items like your friend that plays 10 times as much as you.
Maybe because you are focusing on the goal line instead of just playing the game and having fun with it.

Long story short . . . if it ruins your game that you can't play T6 then you are an %¤!"/(#.
Enjoy T1. It's basically the same as T6.

- - MAJOR facepalm - -

They play this game for the wrong reasons.

- - MAJOR facepalm - -

Major facepalm indeed.Sorry we`re not playing by your gaming LAWS. Ty BB.
22/05/2014 07:51Posted by Urgent
i've been playing 7-8 hours a day since release

Good on you. Some people have jobs and real life responsibilities.

This.

Im also a D2:LoD veteran playing like a madman from Andyruns to meph/baalruns many hours everyday, for years. Now i have a family and a job to take care of. Im happy if I get 10 hours a week to play D3.

Back then we also had high stats of MF, mostly over 700%+. Now when that isnt a primary stat, this permanent buff sure helps instead for us who cant play 5-8 hours everyday.
Why does this keep happening, Blizzard? Why do u give in to whine of casuals on forums ever since WoW? The leg drop rate was absolutely fine, i've been playing 7-8 hours a day since release and i got all the set items in 3 weeks. Streamers on twitch who played even more got most of the loot in 2 weeks after release, but then who cares, since there is no feedback about it - i got the loot and im happy, so all we see is whine from ppl who play just 2 hours a day and as they like to say "i wait so long for legendary and all i get is forgotten soul", well so what? 90% of the legendaries i get i dont even id, thats the way the game is meant to be played if u want to be good at it

You know, not everyone can or wants to play 7-8 hours a day. Some people have lives.
The leg drop rate was absolutely fine, i've been playing 7-8 hours a day since release and i got all the set items in 3 weeks.

GET A LIFE and then you can enjoy the drop rate, simple as that.
22/05/2014 08:04Posted by darkllord
22/05/2014 08:01Posted by FailCascade
My worry is that the game will loose legs because people will finish gearing characters very fast, ive gone from a terrible char to a ok one in less than a week.....

As you said - to an OK one. If you are not playing 24/7 it will take much more time to get from OK to TOP one. And there is six deifferent classes to gear up and many different builds you can try. So don ´t worry about getting bored too soon.

Hope you are right mate, for what its worth i am extremely casual in terms of play - i certainly don't mind being "left behind" because of my play time, so this is good thing for me, as it means i can keep up a bit - i just want the game to remain popular for some time - if anything i think this highlights that blizzard need to get a move on with seasons.
22/05/2014 08:14Posted by Kathal

Making everyone able to do T6 in no time will shorten the game for a lot of players. Nothing more to achieve.
The top difficulty should not be for everyone. The spoiled little casuals should realize that, but they don’t. They are just too dumb and spoiled.
They play this game for the wrong reasons. Why does it ruin your game if you don’t get endgame drops within 100 hours?
Maybe because you think you are entitled to top items like your friend that plays 10 times as much as you.
Maybe because you are focusing on the goal line instead of just playing the game and having fun with it.

Long story short . . . if it ruins your game that you can't play T6 then you are an %¤!"/(#.

- - MAJOR facepalm - -

Dude I never whined on this forum about drops, in fact I never whined on this forum about anything, you will not find any such post from me here. I just said, that I´m OK with current drop rates and it will not ruin my gameplay. Because as I stated, there is six different chars I can play with and many builds I can try. I do not care at all if I play T1 or T6. Playing T6 is absolutely no goal for me - I can play it now and I dont feel any difference in drops from T4, which I´m playing most. The goal for me is to be able to get decent gear for al my characters and try many different build with them and I don´t give a f*** if it is on T1 or T6. This is fun for me. Not to grind endlessly for something, what makes me TOP player with one main charachter.

Many no - lifers are talking about T6, like it is some ultimate goal in their life. Believe me - it´s not. And majority of playerbase doesn ´t care which torment are they playing. Including me.
Catering for casuals...

NEWSFLASH:
Casual gamers outnumber hardcore gamers :O SHOCK NEWS

Business progression/success = cater for the majority who will buy your product.

/endthread
Not everybody has a free day 7 days a week to dump 8 hours into a game mate.. Most people play in the evenings for 4 hours tops. But anyway, it's still RNG as i got more set items in a shorter time before the event buff.
If anyone at any point harbours any feelings of entitlement do whatever you need to do to make them go away. Seriously.

Whether you think you are entitled because you play a lot or because you play only a little, or any reason in between, is all folly.

There is no entitlement, not in this game, neither anywhere else. Everything, from the beginning of time until its ultimate demise is governed by probability and entropy (and the latter will ultimately reign supreme).
22/05/2014 08:14Posted by Kathal
22/05/2014 07:38Posted by darkllord
Because there is more casuals than hardcore players. Blizz will listen to the majoraity of customers - it is common bussiness strategy listen to the majority. Deal with it. I´m OK with it. Though I found many legendaries over the last week, I trashed 95% of them. I do not feel, that I get bored soon because of increased drop rate. After all, we have six different characters to gear up and many builds that we can try. It is just twisted reality of no lifers that they are actually accomplishing something by endless grinding for some particular item for hunderds of hours. The only accomplishments, that really counts are ones in real life. You can argue with it, you can even disagree on this one, but thats it. Videogames are made for fun not for work. They´ve always were, they always will be.

- - MAJOR facepalm - -

Grow up, kiddo.
The ONLY reason to EVER play a game is to have fun. You are in no position to impose your ways of having fun on others. We like getting loot, we like having some feel of progress without having to play "7-8 hours a day". Get used to it. From a statistical point of view, it is actually you who is playing for the wrong reasons. But that's entirely up to you. You're free to have fun in this game in any way you like. Just like the rest of us. If you so insist on having less legendary drops, you can probably ask Blizzard to implement some kind of gameplay option that lets you reduce the drop rate for yourself. That would be ok for the rest of the players and make you happy, right?
Yeah, sure, because it's perfectly fine to balance game around those playing 8-20 hours per day :) :) :)
It's as simple as the majority rule and the majority are casual players.

I've only read about 5 posts from people who don't like the buff and they are all people who are paragon lvl 500+ who can play for 8+ hours a day, everyone else loves this buff and wants it to stay.

Eraserhead - I'm sorry that you disagree but the FACT is that Diablo 3 is far more fun for MOST people with this drop rate buff - simple.
On top of all that, D3 will probably not focus on hardcore playstyle, because of the simple fact that (someone already explained in this thread) the majority of Blizz customers are casuals and those somewhere between hardcore and casual.
That said, if you want to play a (rather good) hardcore arpg, then i suggest spending your time in PoE.