fortune shrine uselss?

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
27/05/2014 14:27Posted by NYARLATHOTEP
27/05/2014 14:20Posted by Ric
1. Shadow shrine: Summons 2 shadow clones for each party member.

2. Gladiator shrine: All party members get 3 stacks of Nef Valor, kills rain blood and gold.

3. Soulstone shrine: Next killing blow against all party member is prevented and healed to maximum.. Threat radius is drastically increased (pulls everything).

4. Idol Shrine: Each player turns into their empowered form (Wrath of the Beserker, Akarat's Champion, Vengeance, Archon, Epiphany, Gargantuan)

5. Wave Shrine: Melee attacks have drastically increased effect area. Ranged attacks penetrate targets. A water trail is left behind that also deals damage.

Those are all excellent, in the game's spirit and actually sound balanced!

Gratz, +1 from me!

1. Shadow shrine: Summons 2 shadow clones for each party member.

Hey you did steal my idea! haha :D ah....you
/kiding
Add a mystery shrine: basicly a random shrine buff/event but this way you'll tempt players to pick them up even if they do not care for some of the buffs/events
Conduit shrine just right before 2 packs of goblins in a high level Torment rift,fun
27/05/2014 12:37Posted by Wuluxar
Which shrines do you enjoy the most?
Do you get thrilled by the spike in efficiency they give you (I guess everyone goes Leeroy Jenkins when they get a Conduit Pylon)?

I love conduit ofc, that golden arcs looks awesome. Nevertheless, please do not increase the number of them in the game, otherwise it won't be fun anymore.

Any (wild) ideas for amazing shrines that you would love to see in the game as they would create this thrill effect and mix the gameplay?

I think some shrines should have harming effect as was in D2. We should sometimes be punished for our greed :D:D

Any (wild) ideas for other legendary affixes influencing interactions with environment elements? (I just thought about a legendary that would increase the damage of environmental elements to monsters and a legendary that would make all those player harming effects harm monsters as well...)

Lightning sparkles oh TF sword is good, why not having some other items to do effects poison, fire etc.

27/05/2014 13:04Posted by Krieger
All off the shrine buff effects like xp, cooldowns, frenzy, speed run etc are just fluff and make absolutely zero difference to how i'm playing whatsoever.

I can't agree on that, speed is also fun (well sometimes), cooldown shrines are one of the coolest for me being a monk.
legendary that would make all those player harming effects harm monsters as well...

pls gib
I will gladly pass that feedback on as it's a valid point - looking forward to seeing more of your ideas on how this shrine could be changed.

Also, to make it a wider topic, I have a couple points that come to my mind when thinking shrines and I it would be great if you could share your thoughts:
  • Which shrines do you enjoy the most?
  • Do you get thrilled by the spike in efficiency they give you (I guess everyone goes Leeroy Jenkins when they get a Conduit Pylon)?
  • Any (wild) ideas for amazing shrines that you would love to see in the game as they would create this thrill effect and mix the gameplay?
  • Do you like to interact with environment in Diablo III and trigger different effects - what legendary items influencing these interactions are your favorite?
  • Any (wild) ideas for other legendary affixes influencing interactions with environment elements? (I just thought about a legendary that would increase the damage of environmental elements to monsters and a legendary that would make all those player harming effects harm monsters as well...)

Love to see more of your thoughts on the shrines and other elements of environment!

For the first, I enjoy Empowered->Fleeting->Protection->Experience->Fortune->Frenzied in order of buffs. I do not like Frenzied without also having Empowered due to it messing up my build, causing me to run out of Arcane Power faster.
Second, I do so enjoy the extra speed given by Empowered and Fleeting. Both of those are really awesome, especially when synergized.
Rather then a Shrine, perhaps a Pylon that grants all shrines effects at once.

As for the rest of the questions, no comment.
To be honest, the shrines were probably the most dissapointing aspect of the game when compared to Diablo 2, from a strictly objective view. There are just way too few types of shrines and their benefits are neglible at best. The pylons are neat, but I really don't see why normal shrines spawn in rifts as well, it's just frustrating.

For example, Monster Shrines (which can be simulated somewhat with the Nemesis Bracers) were a really nice, rare encounter in D2, not to mention those Gem Shrines. Granted, there were more than a few ultimately useless shrines (anyone ever died to a Fire Shrine? Me too), but variety is always nice. These old shrine types which gave one-time bonuses instead of lasting buffs should make a comeback I think, either as shrines or as a new type of object. Maybe in the way shrines were in Diablo 1, where I never had an idea what was going to happen when I touched it, good or bad.
Goblin Conduit: You and your party are sucked into the realm of Greed. You have a short amount of time (30 seconds? 1 minute?) To kill all of the goblins in a mini dungeon. If you succeed an Avatar of Greed is alerted and you must fight him. Success increases your legendary drop rate by 50-100% for 5? 10? minutes.

Fortune Shrine: You are infused with the essence of Greed. Gain the ability to see elite monsters on your map. This includes Treasure goblins. +100% chance of rare drop / Gold find, +25% chance of legendary drop.
Ghost shrine - Become immune to CC effects, able to pass through waller walls and 100% chance to dodge ranged and melee attacks
Keep on share at them more great ideas,I really love this thread,THANK YOUUUU! YOU ARE AWESOOOOME! :D
  • Which shrines do you enjoy the most?
  • Do you get thrilled by the spike in efficiency they give you (I guess everyone goes Leeroy Jenkins when they get a Conduit Pylon)?

• I do indeed love the Conduit pylon, since it makes things go crazy mode.
    I dislike the Speed one, since it feels fairly useless to me. I'm not in a hurry to zoom past mobs.
    Of the normal shrines I guess I like the Fleeting one the most, since I have the "10 minute gloves".

• Any (wild) ideas for amazing shrines that you would love to see in the game as they would create this thrill effect and mix the gameplay?

• Well, maybe a shrine that makes you able to go through walls, called "Ghost".
  • A shrine that makes a boss/miniboss appear for 30 seconds, to fight for you. Perhaps call it "Enslaved". - Even better would be to make you take direct control of a boss and its abilities, and become the boss for a short while.
  • My Favourite: A shrine that is called "Greed" where all the gold you pick up while the buff is active, is sent the demonic realm of Greed (demon lord?!) instead and for every 10k you pick up, a Goblin is booted out of his realm as thanks, for you to kill.
  • A shrine that gives a buff to you that strips elites, within X amount of yards of you, of all their powers, or as you yourself also came up with, turns their elemental abilities against themselves (DIE TO ARCANE TRAPS YOU MOFOS, LIKE I HAVE 1000'S OF TIMES!). Let's call it "Hubris".
    • Vortex = They suck their friends towards themselves, instead.
      Teleport = They stun themselves instead.
      Avenger = They become weaker as each "friend" dies.
      Etc.

• Do you like to interact with environment in Diablo III and trigger different effects - what legendary items influencing these interactions are your favorite?
  • Any (wild) ideas for other legendary affixes influencing interactions with environment elements? (I just thought about a legendary that would increase the damage of environmental elements to monsters and a legendary that would make all those player harming effects harm monsters as well...)

• I like that idea of items that turn effects against the mobs.
  • An item that makes you gain 1% (perhaps more/less) Magic Find for every item that drops in the environment (not by other players or it'd be an exploit) that isn't a legendary. Would be a nice item for lower difficulties.
  • An item called "Wanton Destruction" where you gain a stacking damage buff for 10 seconds for every destructible item you break in the environment.
  • I can't think of more atm, so those are my 2 cents!
    27/05/2014 13:19Posted by fhantomPL
    Any (wild) ideas for amazing shrines that you would love to see in the game as they would create this thrill effect and mix the gameplay?

How about a pylon that would disable cooldowns on skills? That would be crazy and fun as hell (imagine leapquake barb jumping around, perma teleport for wizard, crusader with falling sword etc.)

There's already a Pylon/Shrine that does that, you can spawn your skills like crazy.
    Shrines like:
    -life link
    -fire chain for players
    -second wind
    -small allresist boost

just putting it out here x)
    Some words of advice to Blizzard. (I played wow vanilla for a long time as well as diablo 3 "vanilla".)

"STOP MAKING THINGS SO BLOODY EASY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

People wouldnt climb mount everest anymore if you put an elevator on it, would they.
    And you guys do it every single time. Just because you got some whiners who don't want to put in any effort or time and expect everything in life to land in their lap. Most likely cause they never ever archieved something and thus do not know how good it feels to do so.

Wow was dumbed down so much... Now Diablo with 2.0 patch was rather dumbed down. And items much much much easier to attain. But no wait, that's not nearly easy enough. We will come up with some stupid buff and have it on for a week so people can get used to it and then whine when it is gone... Really... you guys didn't see that coming? I thought of it as soon as I saw it lastest a week....

Blizzard is acting like a bunch of yuppie parents who tend to give their kids anything and then ending up with some obnoxious and spoiled kids. But in the process ruining the game for the rest of us.
    Wonder why wow is failing? Because you made it too easy, there is no sense for archievement anymore. But just repeating the same stupid stuff every expansion whcih makes it feel redundant.
    And the expansions after a while were just stupid as well to be honest. Just the same stuff but with a different skin. Sad to see the corperate lead won the battle and it just became a process void of any inspiration or originality.

If you dont get what I am saying. It's like having a blacksmith craft you an item and then comparing that to something that came from conveyor belt. The latter lacks any originality or beauty and does not inspire at all. You guys made more then enough money already. You should have given the developers free hand and the time they wanted.

But no , forecasts, planning, release schedule. This just kills the art form designers can do if left free and gamers will pick up on it eventuelly. Yet another example of short term focus to archieve profits but not looking on the long term or continuity.... FAIL
    Do you get thrilled by the spike in efficiency they give you (I guess everyone goes Leeroy Jenkins when they get a Conduit Pylon)?

The empower shrine basically just makes characters feel fun to play again without the horribly nerfed start stop resource starved gameplay that you added (well nerfed relative to before) in loot 2.
    Sadly for monks they are still near useless even with the shrine.
    Also why does this shrine not increase disc for DH? Same problem with reapers wraps.

Frenzy shrine is kind of nice as if you have a load of LoH stacked, then finally you start to actually notice it (a few k per hit is nothing relative to 600k hp) especially as the amount of stackable IAS got massively nerfed.

Move speed - yes - nice, but TBH as feel the game would be FAR better if this was the normal move speed for all characters when not in combat (ie no monsters within a screen or so and none actively trying to attack).

Fortune shrine? You mean that dummy shrine that's there for nemesis bracers and nothing else?
    How about make this shrine drop make everything drop 4x as much gold for duration and 4x as many items. (Which in theory means 4x as many goes at a legendary).

Blessed shrine - I don't really notice it either - another dummy shrine for nemesis bracers. Not even sure what to do with it. Perhaps this would be better as an elite fx disabler (like ground fx + CC immunity).
    Which shrines do you enjoy the most : Conduit
    Do you get thrilled by the spike in efficiency they give you (I guess everyone goes Leeroy Jenkins when they get a Conduit Pylon)? : Yes
    Any (wild) ideas for amazing shrines that you would love to see in the game as they would create this thrill effect and mix the gameplay? : +500% increase in highest elemental damage present on gear, +500% increase damage against elites.
    Do you like to interact with environment in Diablo III and trigger different effects - what legendary items influencing these interactions are your favorite? : Doombringer, Sunkeeper

maybe we can have some items that gives us "reflect damage" against monsters

Pylons wild ideeas: +500% increase in highest elemental damage present on gear, +500% increase damage against elites.
    Gem shrine.

That is all.
    shrines: light up all the map, and raise the MF and GF
    I will gladly pass that feedback on as it's a valid point

Love to see more of your thoughts on the shrines and other elements of environment!

As the OP mentioned, Fortune shrines one of the most lackluster shrines. Make it perhaps 100% MF, but make it rarer?

Speed Pylons are pretty lackluster as well; moving speed is fine, but it should be something else, like capped ATTACK speed as well.
    What about random shrines. Like, you can't see what it is initally, it is a surprise. I won't click on certain ones if, it gives me plus 25% magic find and that's all. But, if it's random and maybe I click and:
    1) Spiders rain down from everywhere
    2) Zombie come out of the ground everywhere
    3) My group is all of a sudden really slowed down
    4) All of the monsters in the area are really fast
    5) All of the monsters in the area have a bunch of health
    6) Two goblins show up, but then also a really hard elite
    7) My group gets teleported to a different location
    8) Certain legendary affixes are temporarily added to me no matter the gear (1 minute of Aughilds full set, 1 minute of thunderfury)
    9) Gold rains down everywhere
    10) Health globes show up everywhere
    11) Some shades get spawned for me but monsters also get harder
    12) Some hard boss spawns
    13) The next few kills give better gem drops
    14) A few gems rain down
    15) Some affixes show up, like all of a sudden 6 arcane turrets show up or a few electrical bolt things or desecration on the ground
    16) Fireballs shoot out all around me to kill monsters
    on and on and on