fortune shrine uselss?

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 9 Next
27/05/2014 12:37Posted by Wuluxar
  • Which shrines do you enjoy the most?

• Increased Magic Find as I like the thought of having an even better chance at good loot dropping! I also really enjoy Conduit, so much fun!

• Do you get thrilled by the spike in efficiency they give you (I guess everyone goes Leeroy Jenkins when they get a Conduit Pylon)?

• Most shrine effects are not really noticeable on my WD, except for RoS shrines. Conduit is incredible, the 400% damage buff and speed increase are also good (in that order).

• Any (wild) ideas for amazing shrines that you would love to see in the game as they would create this thrill effect and mix the gameplay?

• A shrine which activates a random buff based upon your character type! i.e. WD Pet Damage and Health increased by 50%.
    What about shrines that offer a kind of trade off?
    That has one, a lot more powerful, boost than usual, but also gives you an disadvantage / debuff for the duration. Shrine of Sacrifice..

From FPS games reversed controls springs to mind. That might not work to well with mouse based click to move, but it could randomize your skill key binds for the duration, swap left and right click, and move around on the 1-4 skills.

Or Super Empower Shrine, gain 1200% damage take 400% damage.
    etc.
    Encountering these would the be begging the question, is it worth it?.
    28/05/2014 07:30Posted by eugene
    there are many good ideas above, some are already mentioned but i will give my ideas, mostly challenging:

* ranger: unaffected by terrain traps (like blowing flowers in a2 oasis) also cause some penalty to enemies, entangle them etc...

* widen: increase the skill damage area, (chance of area damage is set to %100 maybe) or maybe completely randomize area type (cone, circle etc...). %400 damage is already good but this can also be interesting, for example melee attacks become radius 10 yard etc...

* corpse explosion: sever/exploding palm does this but why limited to one leg/skill only?

and some funny ones ....

* golden goblin, but make it teleport/shield/mirrorimage/resurrect etc, he should be elusive. maybe some dangerous guardians with him (summon malthael :D)

* bleed: in a different way, it should bleed the player, the less HP player has, % bonus to his damage, once player die (not actually die, a form of immortality) shrine effect ends, of course shrine for a short time.

* chaos: skills do funny things like meteor cast force armor, mantra of conviction decrease player damage, attacking set resource to 0 etc... complete random (bliz RNG yay...) :D but enemies have some debuff (reduced damage/bleed/increased drop etc) to compensate.

* ghost: become a ghost and bypass any terrain, haunts enemies continuously. BOOOOO!!!!

* fire: player is on fire :D dealing damage to some radius. within this time player lose health. but for any damage dealt to enemies player also heals (just as if life steal). see bleed above for other conditions.

* thorns: player reflect damage with very high amount, %10000 or something, SHOOT ME IN THE FACE :D

what I am trying to mention is, the shrines/pylons should not be just click-go. they should also be dangerous to players. many people just click any shrine they see but above should prevent this and force them to think again. for some champions, maybe player will skip them because it is not suitable for their builds.

Yeah.really nice ideas Augene!::) And i like what you did said about shrines are not only 'just click -go"!
    what I am trying to mention is, the shrines/pylons should not be just click-go. they should also be dangerous to players. many people just click any shrine they see but above should prevent this and force them to think again. for some champions, maybe player will skip them because it is not suitable for their builds

Lets see witch ideas will choise d3 devs ..:)

Which shrines do you enjoy the most?

Conduit pylon is the most enjoyable for me. Too bad that it goes unused too often because if low mob density.

Do you get thrilled by the spike in efficiency they give you (I guess everyone goes Leeroy Jenkins when they get a Conduit Pylon)?

Yeah, some of them speed things up quite nicely if spawned and used at the appropriate time / place.

Any (wild) ideas for amazing shrines that you would love to see in the game as they would create this thrill effect and mix the gameplay?

1. A shrine that will spawn a big-!@# treasure goblin on a timer that will fight back and be quite challenging to kill (something like the bugged Skeleton King chest in Act I). Should have a big legendary drop chance if killed.

2. A shrine that will spawn a random actually-useful helping npc with cool spells and auras (the demon with the fire chain from Maximus is the first thing that comes to mind)

3. A shrine that will unveil the map and pinpoint coordinates of elites and / or goblins.

Will add more later...

Do you like to interact with environment in Diablo III and trigger different effects - what legendary items influencing these interactions are your favorite?

I don't have a legendary that does something when interacting with the environment, so I can't tell since I'm not a big fan of breaking things and opening chests other than radiant ones.

Any (wild) ideas for other legendary affixes influencing interactions with environment elements? (I just thought about a legendary that would increase the damage of environmental elements to monsters and a legendary that would make all those player harming effects harm monsters as well...)

[/quote]
    Shrine of Destruction

By activation, all of your spells get all of their rune effects. This effect lasts for 30 sec.
    Love to see more of your thoughts on the shrines and other elements of environment!

A return of the old Gem shrines would be nice, as it's now extremely difficult to get the gem crafting achievement considering gem drop quality is level based.

Having them drop random/lower level gems, with lots of lower quality (common) ones and the higher quality being rarer.
    The reason why I don’t enjoy or like the Magic Find Shrine is because unlike other shrines you don’t see the difference it makes to your drops. If it was like a cursed chest where you would have to kill so many extra mobs to receive a reward then you could see a difference it makes. Maybe after getting a killstreak higher than 100 you would get an increased chance for a legendary or spawn an elite pack to receive an extra reward?

Out of all the shrines I enjoy Empowerment the most because of the build I run on my wizard. If we take pylons into consideration then it would be conduit, because it allows me to clear packs faster.

Finding a conduit pylon is a thrilling experience!

I really enjoyed finding the boss shrines which randomly spawned the current acts boss, maybe add more of these into the game? Maybe make cursed shrines and chests really cursed? That if you don’t complete the timer in time that instead of getting 25% movement speed you get -25% movement speed for 2mins.

I like having the Nemesis Bracers and Harrington Waistguard and think that there should be more items like this in the game, I don’t have them bracers which reduce your cooldown yet but I’m looking forward to finding them, so yes we need more items like this in the game!

I like Wuluxars idea for increased elemental damage legendary items, maybe this could also be used for pylons say like increases damage for fire for 2 mins or any other random elemental effect.

• Any (wild) ideas for amazing shrines that you would love to see in the game as they would create this thrill effect and mix the gameplay?

Ghost Shrine: u'll be able to walk through walls
    Invert Shrines: (really crazy....) everything is inverted: color are negative, movement are inverted ( u click right? u'll go left or something like that! ) but u have also a drop buff :)
    Item (random color) shrine: you will drop only items based on shrine color

... no more idea at the moment.

• Do you get thrilled by the spike in efficiency they give you (I guess everyone goes Leeroy Jenkins when they get a Conduit Pylon)?
    • Do you like to interact with environment in Diablo III and trigger different effects - what legendary items influencing these interactions are your favorite?
    • Any (wild) ideas for other legendary affixes influencing interactions with environment elements? (I just thought about a legendary that would increase the damage of environmental elements to monsters and a legendary that would make all those player harming effects harm monsters as well...)

Love to see more of your thoughts on the shrines and other elements of environment!

I think a shrine that grants corpse explosion on kill would be really fun. I would make this shrine effect have a really large blast radius to warrant the short timer.

• For regular shrines, pretty much only Empowered... possibly also Frenzied.
    For pylons, Power, Channeling and Conduit are all fun.

• Do you get thrilled by the spike in efficiency they give you?

• Yes, if it does actually give me a spike in efficiency.

Enlightened, Blessed, Fleeting and Fortune does pretty much nothing, or at least not in an exciting way. Frenzied can be cool for some classes/builds, but in some cases the added attack speed just ends up draining your resources faster, resulting in higher burst but pretty much the same overall damage. Empowered is the only one that is consistently exciting and useful.

It's similar for pylons. Shield is pretty pointless because I never play on a Torment that I can't already survive on. Speed is nice if I'm clearing quickly, but whenever I'm more in combat than out, it's actually reducing my efficiency due to hard it becomes to kite. One wrong click and my character just sprints away from the fray. Power & Channeling are both fun to use, and Conduit is just crazy effective, though not particularly fun to use once you get over the wow-factor.

• First I'd like to see these changes done to existing shrines/pylons, to make them more fun:

• Enlightened/Fortune - Combine these, and increase the effect significantly.
  • Blessed - Add something to make it more consistently useful, like strong thorns.
  • Frenzied - Change to increase damage instead of attack speed.
  • Shield - Same as for Blessed, right now it's pointless if you can already tank.
  • Speed - Give it something offensive for in-combat usefulness. No ideas here.
  • New ideas:

• Hunted - Turns the next white enemy you encounter into a champion. Kill the champion and a new white will be turned, and so on, until the effect is over.
  • Treasure (Pylon) - For the duration of the effect, all enemies are turned into Treasure Goblins. The goblins flee as usual, but doesn't portal away.
  • Splash - Gain X% Area Damage. Can be buffed for a good pylon as well.
  • Gravity (Pylon) - Pulls enemies on the entire screen towards you and stun-locks them
  • To fix the problem of "got a conduit shrine and there is nothing around to kill"

Make the shrines have a longer duration, but then add something like -1 second duration for every mob killed.
    I'd like to see a pylon that spawns a npc pack, say 5 wolves/zombie dogs/Gargs/ghosts/chickens/the barb ancients, a slew of fetishes, or a pack of skeletons,could be anything already in the game, even your own shadow selves like when fighting Diablo, all with the intent of helping the duration of the timer.

Would love a pylon that spawns goblins all over the place, again for the duration of the timer, no teleporting away, just fade after the timer expires.

Would love the old gem pylon, upgrade a gem/gems ( dang expensive the upper ones are).

Here's a completely off the map idea, group is all transformed into Archons for the duration of the timer, kinda a variant of the Conduit theme?

Off the wall, a pylon that spawns forgotten souls all over the ground, or even 5 random chests.
    It's really limitless from where I see it.
    +1 just feel unlucky when ever you see that shrine
    Conduit, and the super speed crack pylon from Nephalem rifts are my favorite. They're both usually accompanied by "Wwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. . . .!"

Pylon ideas: A pylon that has a very high chance of spawning one of those huge undead dog things in westmarch that will pick up and shake (crowd control) a target that you're damaging (Includes elites and champions and maybe even rift lords to make it useful). Call it "hound master" or something. ( Those dogs are great! XD) Or if the model of the target is too big, have it gnaw on a leg or something (same cc effect).

Another pylon could do damage and knockback when things come into melee range.

Item idea: Item allows area damage to work on ranged attacks and increases the damage/chance of it occurring.
    Any (wild) ideas for amazing shrines that you would love to see in the game as they would create this thrill effect and mix the gameplay?

2. Gem shrine - random Imperial or Flawless Imperial gem

I like this one, except i would like a small change. Make it like in D2. Upgrade a gem in your backpack by 1 tier.
    Haven't read the other replies, so if my suggestions have already been mentioned, please ignore :)

Most useful shrines (for me) are:
    Conduit and frenzy.

I would like to see more shrines with abilities that doesn't involve a timer, as they make the player rush, e.g. conduit / cooldown pylon. Shrines with cursed shrine effects and rewards for instance. One will have to backtrace to pickup anyway after using a conduit.
    Note; Cursed shrines in the following text can also be INSIDE a rift.

So shrines with the following effects would be cool imo:
      - Shrines that spawn an army of goblins. Maybe with a master goblin with increased gold and rare drops, with a higher chance of legendary.
      - Shrines that spawn an army of elites, like 5 or so, and a elite boss.
      - Cursed shrines that spawn chests with craft material - including bonus chests. Alternately can be ONE material which grants a free legendary craft at the smithy or at Covetus Shen.
      - Cursed shrines that spawn x number of chests, each with a chance of and one with a higher chance of legendary (scaling with difficulty). This shrine has to be extra rare though.
      - Cursed shrines without rewards that will, when completed, add to the legendary drop chance from rift guardian.

This may be outside the intention of the thread but I would also like to see alternate ways to farm the new hellfire ring. This could for instance be done with one of the aforementioned shrines.
    Which shrines do you enjoy the most?

Conduit, Power, Shield, Empowered

"class" pylons, that gives you buffs that make you feel like another class for a short duration, for example:
    Demon Hunter - fire off rockets when you move/attack (vengeance)
    Monk - periodic Ess of Johan (pull) effect, like cyclone strike
    Witch Doctor - chance of spawning fetishes when you attack
    Wizard - invincible mirror image clones for the duration
    Barbarian - attacks cause area damage, movement speed increase
    Crusader - surrounded by blessed hammers that follow you, damage reduction

Do you like to interact with environment in Diablo III and trigger different effects - what legendary items influencing these interactions are your favorite?

With harringtons or warzechian armguards, definitely. It would be nice to see more legendaries that encourage interacting with environment objects - especially if they synergize with each other.

Any (wild) ideas for other legendary affixes influencing interactions with environment elements? (I just thought about a legendary that would increase the damage of environmental elements to monsters and a legendary that would make all those player harming effects harm monsters as well...)

- Item that gives you a pet that destroys wreckable objects
    - Item that makes clickable objects explode for area damage when you open them
    - Item that gives you a stacking, durational buff when you destroy wreckable objects
    27/05/2014 13:01Posted by RoyLau
    Since we are replacing the fortune shrine let's keep the theme of fortune. I want to see a goblin shrine that spawns a golden goblin who has big gold/gem/potion drops, you need to chase him the more you hit him the more gold he drops but you cant ever kill him. This goblin could be combined with the legendary potions/gems idea. He could be the king of treasure! That would make me excited!

decent idea - how about a shrine that gives your attacks a chance to draw in treasure goblins ? :D
    that way a group of four might get more goblins than a single player, thus providing a decent bonus to group play

other ideas i spontaniously came up with:
    Mirroring Shrine -> Duplicates you (and your close party members). the "other you" could be controlled like a follower and cast the same spells that you have slotted. for fun the effect could multiply by finding additional mirroring shrines ... in that case (if you already have a mirror shrine up) the next shrine would duplicate you AND "other you" making 4 ...

Elemental Shrine -> Your Dmg Type will have additional effects. Physical makes enemies bleed for x% weapon dmg. Lightning will cause chain lightnings crushing through your foes. Frost will release frost novas on impact, fire increases chance enemies are critically hit. poison dmg will drop to the ground creating pools that dmg enemies. holy will create consecrated ground that heals allies. Arcane will ... uhm ^^ help me out here :D
    I will gladly pass that feedback on as it's a valid point - looking forward to seeing more of your ideas on how this shrine could be changed.

Also, to make it a wider topic, I have a couple points that come to my mind when thinking shrines and I it would be great if you could share your thoughts:
    • Do you like to interact with environment in Diablo III and trigger different effects - what legendary items influencing these interactions are your favorite?
    • Any (wild) ideas for other legendary affixes influencing interactions with environment elements? (I just thought about a legendary that would increase the damage of environmental elements to monsters and a legendary that would make all those player harming effects harm monsters as well...)

Conduit is by far the most fun, followed by Power Pylon, Channelling is also really fun. Shield and Speed aren't really fun at all. Conduit really speeds up the Rift and it makes a noticeable difference to the %, which is nice.

As for shrines I'd rework the Fortune Shrine, it should boost your legendary drop rate chance as magic find is completely useless now. All the other Shrines are fine IMO.

As a side note I really don't like having to constantly swap to Shrine bracers, everyone does it but it feels clunky, I'm sure there's a better solution out there.
    How about a trading post shrine? It would be fairly rare and give you only a short window to be able to trade with other players. However the catch is that you have to had actively played with the other player for at least 10 hours. I think this would solve our BOA issues and protect against bots/sellers.

edit: some additional info.

For a casual player, due to life, it would be good to be able to get hand me downs from fellow clan members. The current system only caters to the hardcore players who have the time to continually farm.