Lets make it even EASIER

General Discussion
Most of the ideas have already surfaced (old school inferno) etc etc.

Now it's worth highlighting that adding depth and complexity cannot be achieved with merely increased monster HP.

How's about:-

1. Every torment level adds an extra guardian?

T1 - single rift guardian spawns.
T2 - two rift guardians spawn.
T6 - 6 rift guardians spawn.

2. Increase the number of elites per pack as the torment difficulty increases?

3. T3-T6 all elites have the "fast" affix as standard.

4. Add a death penalty in rifts.

Player dies in rift....1 option available "Revive in Town" at which point their involvement in the current rift is complete. They are then unable to re-enter that rift (or TP to the other players until that rift is completed and closed. They are able to then enter the next one. If no players survive a given rift, it is then closed without rift guardian.

Note any player(s) who are slain are also unable to close the rift out of spite. This can only be done by one of the active players.

This hopefully should create more incentive for players to gear and play a suitable torment rather than being under geared for higher torment levels. (Currently an issue). As they would miss out on any potential loot they would have gained had they of survived.

5. Tiered rifts...which is coming in 2.1.

---------------------------------------
Twitter: @ArbeiaMVP
https://twitter.com/arbeiamvp/
I miss the Beta skill tree system.

I remember getting on D3 Beta and seeing that awesome skill tree, only to watch it get patched away and replaced with a cheesy skill system akin to World of Kidcraft. In fact, if I recall, they both were changed at about the same time.
23/05/2014 15:14Posted by Cavar
You should create a game mode (Veteran?) that...

Adds enrage timers back to elites/champs (old Inferno)
Have elites/champs regen life quickly, if you die or move away from them too far (old Inferno)
Add Invulnerable minions back (old Inferno)
Add more affix combinations
Make the maps spawn a much higher percentage of elite/champ packs

you do realize that making the game harder for 1-2 classes (that you obviously don't play as main) doesn't make the game more challenging overall?

btw, you guys got trolled by Vaneras

I know you don't really expect an answer but it's simple actually:
there's nothing you can do to make pve more fun because anything controlled by computers is repetitive and dumb after a while.
"but...but.. raiding in WoW is PVE too and it has so much variety..."
wrong, everything you do in WoW is PVP, you're playing with a dozen people, their behavior/different setup and different fails every week make the game feel fresh.

in D3 you're not playing with people, you're just running in the same direction
I want to be able to put points in skills! Or in runes, or somehow improve them. Like in good old Diablo 2 - you could spend skills points into skills. Also there was SYNERGY system which was also a very cool thing... I miss that.

About making game more diffucult: maybe some monsters/elites/bosses should have certain damage type protection in high difficulties. F. e. Diablo = fire resisted. Belial = poison resisted, ghosts = physical resisted and etc.
- I spend 1*10^150 blood shards and dont have ..... (put the item name here)
- I've spent 1*10^150 mil gold on enchant and still no .... (put the affix here)

Just for those who doesnt know,

1*10^150= 1 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

That is 1 with 150 zeroes behind it. Thats what 10^150 means.

And its pointless to write " 1*10 " as that only means 10, so the " 1* " doesnt add anything to the calculation. You can add an infinite ammount of " 1* " and it'll still be just 10. Furthermore, there is only between 10^78 - 10^82 atoms in the entire observable universe.
23/05/2014 20:51Posted by Sumanto
- I spend 1*10^150 blood shards and dont have ..... (put the item name here)
- I've spent 1*10^150 mil gold on enchant and still no .... (put the affix here)

Just for those who doesnt know,

1*10^150= 1 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000

That is 1 with 150 zeroes behind it. Thats what 10^150 means.

And its pointless to write " 1*10 " as that only means 10, so the " 1* " doesnt add anything to the calculation. You can add an infinite ammount of " 1* " and it'll still be just 10. Furthermore, there is only between 10^78 - 10^82 atoms in the entire observable universe.

Thanks for that. :)

---------------------------------------
Twitter: @ArbeiaMVP
https://twitter.com/arbeiamvp/
23/05/2014 08:57Posted by BokoTikvata
maaan I really miss complexity in this game

Just out of curiosity, what kind of complexity is it that you miss? What kind of changes would you like to see done in the game so that it offers the kind of complexity you think is fun?

This question is aimed at everyone btw. :-)

What I miss from the game is a goal to work towards and something that would keep me playing for that goal without feeling frustrated about a certain legendary, that I want, not dropping for month.
NON returnable "nephalem points" (this is what I would call them), that rewards playtime by adding them to items, granting attributes increases. Players would gain certain amount of these points for each paragon level, less at lower paragons, more at higher levels where leveling takes more time. After 5 or 10 or X points gained it could be spent to upgrade items, capped at X points for every stat. Example 5 "nephalem point" can add +100 main stat , another 5 point +5% elemntal dmg, +25% crit dmg, +5 crit chance etc. All these could be applied only on existing(rolled) stats, for all stats that the item rolled with, and the points are never refundable. With a system like this, I wouldn't feel like playing for a chance of a good drop that might never come, instead my playtime would feel rewarding, even if I'm unlucky and when a something good drops I would still play more to make it better. This way playtime would be my goal and legendaries drops the secondary objective.
This reward system could also be linked to rifts with increasing reward points for higher torments. Points should not be transferable between charachters and possibly the items they are applied too should be character bound.
These are my 2 cents.
23/05/2014 13:36Posted by Vaneras

Just out of curiosity, what kind of complexity is it that you miss? What kind of changes would you like to see done in the game so that it offers the kind of complexity you think is fun?

I am looking towards for a complexity where for example as a wizard i find/manage to get a build/items included to get massive amount of damage like wd pet builds that crit for 100mil.. :)
Complexity missing : Doing rifts without a specific goal in mind. Kadala is great, but is not a monster for us to kill. I would like before a rift starts to be able to select a gear slot item. The legendary I get would like to be for that slot. At least I know i am targeting specific legendary slot in that rift.

Geting 2H weapons on Wizard is useless. Same is with getting legendary for slots where I already have top end legendary already equiped.

For example, if i would like to farm for boots, I should be able to select boots before the rift starts and inside the rifts, the legendary items that drop should be boots.

This way persons will be more engaged to play and try for farm for the one super exciting item that we really want.
-Better Achievment rewards. Burning banner, stuffs who climb on the banner, skulls around the banner, non-attacking pets.. Maybe special reward (pet?) every 1k achievment points you get. (none notice if i have a meatball or a star on my flag)
-Make Uber bosses worth doin ?? uber rift ?
-Something cool every 100th paragon?
-Make it possible to reroll secondary stats as well as primary on same item.
-Make crafting materials non-movable (like blood shards) since you cant trade them i can't see a reason to have them movable.
-Stop nerf builds to crap, when u finally got the gear for the specific build after 600 hours it get nerfed into unplayable.
-This game turned into Elemental% based game, which means u gotta focus on one elemental, untill you nerf the class you play(either its items or skills or even both)makes you gotta move on to another elemental. which means you have ur stash filled with backup items JUST IN CASE,
-Larger stash space(solved if craft mats gets removed from stash)
-1 stash Tab that is personal to each character. every char has their own tab that, i hate to mix dex int and str gear in my stash..
-Do not ruin the game with a ladder play and non-ladder play it'll be your fall. Put in leaderboards as it is now, with tiered rifts etc and we are fine.. we already have a ladder at d3progress.. Why ruin the game with something that aint needed.
-Remove monk from the game or give it a chance with a few buffs?
-6-7-8 player games (i hate to leave 2 guildies into publics due to no slots)
-Emeralds have a monopoly on weap sockets.
-Remove Magic find from the game ? (sockets/items etc) since it does nothing..
-If i go out and pickpocket 1 guy and his 3 fellows, i bet he has more loot to steal then if i crush a pile of wood. but in D3 i get more stuffs from the pile of wood. Then, yeah you get it.
-Let us compare stats when enchanting, i have no idea if that AVG dmg gives me more paper dps then the 4 crit, which to choose ? Double gamble.
-Legendary drop in other zones are easy to miss, every star that fall on ground should be notified in the chat including with the zone.
-Making bounties to open rifts sucks, could be because a rift lasts for 10 min. maybe make every rift 10, 20 lvls. u kill the guardian at lvl 3, ok. but you can still clear 7 more lvls if ur having a struggle mentally to farm rift keys. or just increase the key gain from bounties. maybe make it possible to gain a stack of 20 keys in 1 cache ? some sort of jackpot would make a relief to start farm the keys for me atleast. Or a terrific vendor can spawn in the rifts and sell you a stack of rift keys for gold. and maybe other cool stuffs.
-Maybe diablo walks on earth when you clear all bounties in all acts ? sold too many sojs to vendor but he never show up...
The one and only problem with this game's difficulty and complexity, when compared to Diablo 2, is monster design. The original final fight in Act IV of Diablo 2 against Diablo is a perfect example of a well made boss fight; one second of lost concentration, one Zeal hit too many, and you're dead. And you have no one else to blame but yourself. But should you keep your focus from start to finish, you will prevail.

In Diablo 3, boss fights are mostly blindly bashing at the boss and occasionally moving to get out of AoE DoT, which requires little to no focus at all. My crusader can tank any boss for pretty much days, I usually watch a stream or something on my second monitor simply because the monster difficulty comes solely from their high health, and the burst damage is neglible at best.

On a related note, I cannot overstate how much I hate the rift guardian Eskandiel. He does no damage whatsoever, but he will knockback me incessantly, I might get one blessed hammer down every 15 minutes if I'm lucky. I really don't like these enemies with a lot of crowd control, especially when I'm on melee characters, and I will always prefer the merciless but rarely unfair difficulty of Diablo 2 to the dull wet noodle fights with huge periods of stunlocks and getting stunlocked of Diablo 3.
the complexity in this game is lost due to everyone looking for the same stats on every gear. who doesnt want more crit chance, crit damage, elemental damage. this leads to a lot of other stats to be underutilized. what we need is a soft cap to each of those 3 damage affixes and apply diminishing returns.

if u apply a softcap to those affixes, other stats become more attractive and results in less salvaging of legendaries that didnt roll trifecta or quads. blizzard, please take this into consideration. imagine how much players will be theorycrafting. it will be awesome to see how people reach their critical damage caps (paragon points, set bonuses, skill passives). yea u can be boring and just add a royal flawless to ur weapon to reach the softcap fast, but if u reached the cap through combination of your passives, paragon points, and set bonuses (traveler's pledge + compass rose) you couldve had increased damage against elites with a diamond or more life on hit with a amethyst. all this happens just from soft capping crit damage. imagine what will happen if u softcap crit chance or all resist as well. if blizzard does go this route, the monster health points do need adjustment. big yellow numbers are fun to see, but it gets old quick especially when u hit something for 5 mil and their hp bar barely moves, its just a meaningless number. and the numbers are just so astronomical in this game.

I miss the runewords and jewels (inb4 someone "points out" that this is not d2; I'm aware of that)
I miss magical items being somehow useful and being a stepstone while I'm upgrading,
I miss Nephalem Valor and magic find
I miss death penalties

May be I throw a HUEG pastebin link to your twitter about that.
the game is fine how it is now, but the greatest problem in the game right now and since vanila release. very poor choice of skill and too little number of build because of little choice of gear that can be used and be effective and too little number of skills and lack of what called "talant tree"
Aimed at everyone? The game has complexity? still has the mentality of "shut up pvp guy"? No remotely viable pvp yet, even though it was promised on launch in vanilla. Im still surprised that the ones who still play the game stopped caring about lack of thought put into this game. But i guess no subscription model means no complexity and thus no fun.

So i might be wrong about this, but by my terrible math, by the time a normal mode set of characters hits paragon lvl 800 all the stat points in the paragon system will be allocated, (that in its self isnt a problem), but everyone has enough points at that point to max each catagory that has maximums defined.......

(so offence, defense and utility will have all its options fully maxed), that means there is no build diversty- i would have liked it so that there is some at least illusion of choice, so for example maybe you stop getting points at paragon 800 but, rather than allowing for 50 in each catagory, you allowed 75, meaning that choices would be made as to if you (for example) had 2 stats in that catagory at 75, and 2 at 25, or variations thereof.

that would at least give us the opportunity to be a little different to others.
perhaps a good PVP system with challenges and rewards !!!

Most folks tend to focus on the RPG aspect with things like skill trees and variations thereof. I'd like to focus on the Action aspect of the game. I'd like to see more tactical challenges in fights. Right now the game is entirely a gear check, and I'd like to see it move to a skill check. Things like:

Interrupt skills
Resource drain skills
Curses, hexes, enchants and disenchants
Varied mobs in elite packs, with designated roles - a teleport/stun tank, curser, nuker, etc.
Flagging targets
Pet control
AI-based difficulty (reduced cooldowns, improved reactions, better positioning, better aggro etc.)
Aggro mechanics

That's the difficulty side of complexity. On the variety side, it's mostly itemization:

Replaceable gear parts - maybe 2-3 per items slot, like bow limbs, string and riser, or arrow head, shaft and feathers - that can carry only a small subsets of the stat pool
Magic / Rare / Legendary / Set / crafted socketables
Custom-fitted gear - a one-time improvement that binds it to the character

Things like that...

I stopped reading there. If gold is your limiting factor in enchanting... I just don't even know.. Are we playing the same game?

1. There are too few _actual_ optins available in the lategame.

Witch Doctors can either go fetishes or dots.
Monks can only go support.
Crusaders have 3 builds.
Barbarians have 2.
DHs have 1 (as far as I know, not as familiar with them).

It cannot be that hard to test this, and boost/nerf accordingly.

Much of this comes from the fact that items have such a major impact on the game, and some skills have items that support them much better than others. This much be changed.

2. The difficulty is currently low. Even t6 is doable relatively fast. It must be a goal that teh game has a difficulty none manage before a year or so passes. This leads to creative group-play, and defensive skills people actually care about. On your website you promote a stun-build, but I play on t6 hardcore and even there we don't care about stuns, its just not needed. Stuns should be needed, it should be mandatory at the highest difficulty!