Just an idea...

General Discussion
Always thought Diablo could do with more events/bonuses. Take World of Tanks for example, they have weekly/monthly missions were players complete objectives and get rewarded with gold or in game items. How it could be implemented with Diablo could be a good discussion :)
We have had a few events now that offered additional bonuses/buffs for a limited time, and these events have been rather popular for sure. It is therefore not surprising that we fairly often see threads like this one with requests for more such events, which is only a good thing since we would like to know more about the kind of events and bonuses/buffs that you guys would be most interested in:

Do you prefer bonuses/buffs that increase your damage or XP for a period of time? Or perhaps you are more interested in additional drop rates or bonus loot similar to what we had with the recent anniversary buff? Or maybe you would like to see more rare spawns such as specific monsters, pylons, cursed chests, or map/dungeon types? Or perhaps something entirely different?
XP boost is alway a winner with me :)

However that last suggestion... rare event-spawned mobs that drop unusual stuff (like the pet/wings we got with the different collector's editions... love my Queen of Blades wings :D) would be good fun. Not necessarily those items, just that kind of cosmetic stuff. Or maybe candy that changes your appearance (to game mobs or to something completely else) for a period of time when you eat (consume) it.
I think missions would be a better idea for example, kill x amont of x monsters or monster types in a day or weekend and receive a reward, like a cache of 5 legendarys or a sum of gold or maybe rewarding the player with a rift with increased legendary/Xp drop rate. Giving players a goal or reward to play for is more interesting and challenging. Maybe create some legendarys that are only available at weekends when playing missions.
It would be nice if the current bonus of bounties will be changed.. not only double shards.
The bonus will be come more interesting if it gains..
...more gold, more rift keys, eg...
But not items - I think we have enaugh chance to drop since the perma buff ;-)
23/05/2014 15:32Posted by Vaneras
We have had a few events now that offered additional bonuses/buffs for a limited time, and these events have been rather popular for sure. It is therefore not surprising that we fairly often see threads like this one with requests for more such events, which is only a good thing since we would like to know more about the kind of events and bonuses/buffs that you guys would be most interested in:

Do you prefer bonuses/buffs that increase your damage or XP for a period of time? Or perhaps you are more interested in additional drop rates or bonus loot similar to what we had with the recent anniversary buff? Or maybe you would like to see more rare spawns such as specific monsters, pylons, cursed chests, or map/dungeon types? Or perhaps something entirely different?

* Maps with Higher density

* EXP Buff ,something like 2 days of 50% then an aditional 6-12h of 100%

* Increased Drop rates

* Increased Material Drop rate(including Legendary Mats)

And this is more of a large event idea:

* Maybe a special Dungeon or a large hall/arena?

Where mobs keep spawning in large waves,and with each wave they get stronger(+5% to HP and DMG/Unlimited stacks something like this),every 5-10 waves instead of normal mobs,you get 2-3 Elite packs + 3-5 Champion packs something like this might even throw a Boss in there too along the packs occasionally,and you keep this untill you die,if you die you cant go in untill the cooldown has finished 6-24h. You get increasing rewards depending on how many waves you survived. They should include EXP,Gold,Mats,Gems,Items + a guaranteed legendary if you surivived more than 2-3 Elite/Champ waves.
Ofc since this could potentially be exploited,it could be Locked for only Torment 1+,and if you want bigger rewards ofc you would need to play it on higher Torment levels.

I think this idea is somewhat cool,cant imagine how OP the mobs will get after 30-40 waves on T6 :D
we need new loot in the game, right now i dont care about anything that drops, just farming exp no reason, or edit the crap legendarys making them good.
Special event crafting plans. The look and transmorgs could even be event related.

Also a blacksmith plan to ad a gem slot into an item. I like gems. What the name for that event would be... Happy days ;)
How about an adjustment to the treasure goblins to drop less crafting materials, more gold, obscene gold, and bump the gems to minimally Imperials? Tweak an infintesimal chance for a gem dropping above Imperial, only available from goblins?

Make 'em TREASURE GOBLINS again...
Make an event where next to the end of Rifts theres another boss that, after dead and if Rift is 85% clean, grants a random shrine effect for the next couple of days or until dead.

Make an event where in history mode, every act clear garantees a legendary from the act bosses.

Make an event where treasure goblin in Rifts have a small chance to drop a fully upgraded gem. Or a plan that allows you to reroll all secondary atributes from an item even if a primary attribute has already been rolled.

Make an event where all white trash mobs have 10 times the health and 10 times the damage but drop crafting mats like crazy.

... sky is the limit here.
Yeah,would be awesome to work on that d3 devs,and with that way..next year d3 to be rewarded for "The game of the year"!. Im sure about that.! :) Keep on improvement and your long and awesome work will be rewarded! :) I cant gave at you right now other such events,because all other players already suggest that .I cant add nothing for now.:) But i will think too for future.And think, no sence
do that,because im sure all rest players will do that.You will be inundated from such ideas :D

dont you think those sort of events with buffs are a bit boring and outdated? you need to come up with something more interesting and creative

exp buff? yes if paragon points would mean something atm it is not so and with seasons we all start from zero maybe then it would actually be worth it

in my opinion you need to come up with some event locations or like in other games instances, for example an event rift with a cool down or not with transmog items drop and event exclusive items

map/dungeon types should be the next step ~~~

ps: you need to expand diablos items pool with more class specific items, you will be running thunderfury events soon, everybody got one? here get one too
Make HARDER packs, make some uber brutal packs (not have to be 3 pack or 1+5 or 1 unique, make something original like twin unique pack or something like Siegebreaker).

And don't copy mobs and maps into new content (like You did with rifts monsters and maps).
Orrrrrr maybe, just maybe the devs could actually make playing the rest of the game worth while because as of now the game should be called Rift3 and not Diablo3.
23/05/2014 15:56Posted by Gekkor
Where mobs keep spawning in large waves,and with each wave they get stronger,every 5-10 waves instead of normal mobs,you get 2-3 Elite packs + 3-5 Champion packs something like this might even throw a Boss in there too along the packs occasionally,and you keep this untill you die,if you die you cant go in untill the cooldown has finished 6-24h. You get increasing rewards depending on how many waves you survived. They should include EXP,Gold,Mats,Gems,Items + a guaranteed legendary if you surivived more than 2-3 Elite/Champ waves.
Ofc since this could potentially be exploited,it could be Locked for only Torment 1+,and if you want bigger rewards ofc you would need to play it on higher Torment levels.

How exactly would this work in HC? and please no "u cant die in this event", its hardcore for a reason.
I'd actually prefer seasonal, unique quests, rifts, bounties etc., to flat buffs on random stats. Something that would give the feeling, if only an illusion, of something new in the game, will always bring a whole new layer of motivation and excitement to launching the game once again. So yes, I am in fact asking you to lie to us, to make us believe whatever you do is something new. For what are videogames, if not illusions, extensions of our imagination?

What about Legendaries for charity buff. Whenever a Legendary drops something/money is giving to a charity? Perhaps with a drop rate bonus. I fully realize it's an easy idea when I am not the one paying out.
I think a daily bounty would be cool like after completing all bounties in each act in a single game one random bounty boss appears who drops a larger horadric cache